Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#311364 Jun 20, 2014
"punchless" soxies lose again...the term was taken from the WEEI site...

lets recap some great info, we dont get from homer/shill fans

peds, 266
ortiz 245
victorino 242
herrea 237
gomes 230
carp 214
bradley 205 ab 210 k 73
nava 202
drew 200
middlebrook 197
ross 159

pathetic. silence on these stats...good news, big papi for 2 years, what will he hit next year, oh, 230??

although i like bogarets, to hit 269 and gorilla chest bump is sad....

holt at some point will slump and get back to normal...he is no 327 hitter...

maybe the sox trade for a rookie farmhand pitcher, they might do better then the ones they have

oh, bard dropped again by another team, this time he is done

he was a stud reliever until the sox listened to him and tried to make him a starter...smart move. listen to the player...that backfired...silence on that also...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311365 Jun 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Of tanaka's 11 wins, how many did betances pitch in? how many games has he just flat out blow away the other team to set up the win...he almost has closer stats....bet tanaka who has 11 wins, does not have that many if "killer" B Betances did not pitch in them...

I am not going to declare a ny yankee mvp at this point, safe to say, both of them have been a major part of the reason and lets not overlook robertson, coming in for Mo...els has also been the only consistant bat so far all year long.
Solid points though Ellsbury did have a rough stretch offensively when he was moved out of the LO spot...

Think Gardner offensively has been the most consistent thus far...

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#311366 Jun 20, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Solid points though Ellsbury did have a rough stretch offensively when he was moved out of the LO spot...
Think Gardner offensively has been the most consistent thus far...
Yanks have a lot of pests in their lineup on the basepaths now if you throw in Ichy and Roberts....Roberts manufactured a run last night and Ichy the night before.

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#311367 Jun 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Of tanaka's 11 wins, how many did betances pitch in? how many games has he just flat out blow away the other team to set up the win...he almost has closer stats....bet tanaka who has 11 wins, does not have that many if "killer" B Betances did not pitch in them...
I am not going to declare a ny yankee mvp at this point, safe to say, both of them have been a major part of the reason and lets not overlook robertson, coming in for Mo...els has also been the only consistant bat so far all year long.
If you cannot pronounce Tanaka as the teams MVP so far, then you're being very silly like NYSOM. Sure Betances has been great and not taking anything away from him. But Tanaka has been the best in MLB, yet alone on the Yankees. How can a guy with a Cy Young season not be the teams MVP, considering how hard the staff has been hurt by injuries? Its nonsense to think otherwise

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#311368 Jun 20, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
What is silly to some isn't silly to others...
Pronouncing a set up man over a Cy Young pitcher on a team hit hard with injured starters is silly to any sane baseball person

Washington, DC

#311369 Jun 20, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
JKR to you!!!
Great point. Interchangeable...total depth..all home grown....funny last year some shill was pointing out home grown red sox pen guys backing up uhe....now, it does not matter...what a joke
but, still its a huge weapon to have...just need the starters to all go 6, 7 and sometimes 8 to save the pen...and not overwork anyone...and by the way.claibourne and daley who was sent down also good....
if the yanks can get whitely and phelps to toss quality innings and the yanks can pick up a hammels type of pitcher, they wil be fine...or, the other cubbie with the weird name...i would not count on CC or pineda coming back. Maybe in september at best. Although CC is tossing now, better to think of him as later on in the year...
The whole MLB prospect top 100 ranking is suspect to me in the fist place. What's the critera? It's purely subjective IMO and influenced by sports writers who have some "home team" biases.

You never know how some youngster is going to execute at the MLB level despite all the stats and "5 star" analysis done by scouts.

Be nice to Un today.....no more threats "killer"

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#311370 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole MLB prospect top 100 ranking is suspect to me in the fist place. What's the critera? It's purely subjective IMO and influenced by sports writers who have some "home team" biases.
You never know how some youngster is going to execute at the MLB level despite all the stats and "5 star" analysis done by scouts.
Dude, it wasn't me who he was threatning to murder. Anyway the claim came from DW since he has his heart condition. Its a beautiful today finally here and going out in the ocean in a few.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311371 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanks have a lot of pests in their lineup on the basepaths now if you throw in Ichy and Roberts....Roberts manufactured a run last night and Ichy the night before.
Ichiro is in a role that gets the best results. He's no longer an everyday player...

Roberts is more miss than hit. His traditional stats show that...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311372 Jun 20, 2014
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Pronouncing a set up man over a Cy Young pitcher on a team hit hard with injured starters is silly to any sane baseball person
Again, what is silly to some isn't silly to others. Those with closed minds just don't see that...

Oh, well...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311373 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>If you cannot pronounce Tanaka as the teams MVP so far, then you're being very silly like NYSOM. Sure Betances has been great and not taking anything away from him. But Tanaka has been the best in MLB, yet alone on the Yankees. How can a guy with a Cy Young season not be the teams MVP, considering how hard the staff has been hurt by injuries? Its nonsense to think otherwise
Actually, it's more nonsensical to think the setup role is less than important to being a SP...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311374 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

Where's the "influence" from local sports writers? If anything, the propaganda on prospects come from the teams building up their prospects whether it's the Killer B's or Generation K...

Washington, DC

#311376 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>Dude, it wasn't me who he was threatning to murder. Anyway the claim came from DW since he has his heart condition. Its a beautiful today finally here and going out in the ocean in a few.
Calm down I smoothed it over with Jimi "the killer" for you. You can open your window shades and come out from hiding

Washington, DC

#311377 Jun 20, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the "influence" from local sports writers? If anything, the propaganda on prospects come from the teams building up their prospects whether it's the Killer B's or Generation K...
The Killer B's, Monetero and Sanchez all BS just like the Lars Anderson and Jackie Rodgers ROY nonsense.

The national rag magizine guys all came from some local paper and are baseball fans themselves. The MLB top 100 list is subjective.

Washington, DC

#311378 Jun 20, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Ichiro is in a role that gets the best results. He's no longer an everyday player...
Roberts is more miss than hit. His traditional stats show that...
Good one...more miss than hit......lol....but when he's on base he still makes people on the field nervous

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#311379 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down I smoothed it over with Jimi "the killer" for you. You can open your window shades and come out from hiding

He will continue to hide like fatty 8 chins. Thanks for the conversation. You brought up great points.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311380 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
The Killer B's, Montero and Sanchez all BS just like the Lars Anderson and Jackie Rodgers ROY nonsense.

The national rag magazine guys all came from some local paper and are baseball fans themselves. The MLB top 100 list is subjective.
All lists regarding prospect are subjective. That said, the reporting done is based on discussions with scouts. Reporters don't make these things up. Is there some embellishment to curry favor with teams in orders to have access for future reporting? Sure...

Notice no posting on whether it was a mistake for Arte to pay Trout now instead of later. He's been the best position player in MLB over the last month...

Jackie Rodgers???...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#311381 Jun 20, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
All lists regarding prospect are subjective. That said, the reporting done is based on discussions with scouts. Reporters don't make these things up. Is there some embellishment to curry favor with teams in orders to have access for future reporting? Sure...
Notice no posting on whether it was a mistake for Arte to pay Trout now instead of later. He's been the best position player in MLB over the last month...
Jackie Rodgers???...

Rodgers minor league star, major league bust

Washington, DC

#311382 Jun 20, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackie Rodgers???...
Wished I could get away with being correct 1% of the time in my job.

1/100 = 1%
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#311383 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Wished I could get away with being correct 1% of the time in my job.

1/100 = 1%
???

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#311384 Jun 20, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Open my window shades? Whats he coming here by boat? Only way to get into the Lucille, Mercedes and Laguna areas is to by thru armed security is to be on the visitor list. Thats not to say I won't still invite him to my big housewarming party. Maybe Lem or Carlos will take him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do not take a knee on Sunday NFL 37 min Jeff 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 317,564
News Hillary Clinton fans mob New York bookstore for... 2 hr davy 14
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr Blonde bomber 13,546
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 6 hr Dudley 5,235
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 6 hr jimi-yank 6,779

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages