“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#307881 Mar 29, 2014
Anna got one of the back up slots...good kid...hit 331 last year in the minors for the pads

oh right, minor league stats for the yanks don't count...

only mlb failed sox rookies count...

shall we review

Laverne and Shirley, supposed highly rated top 100 rookie supposed star lied to us by the shill

now, cannot even be traded, no one wants him and the team has 2 38 year old catchers ahead of him

bust

webstink...supposed great rookie as we were told by the shill, ranked and what happens when he sees major league hitters? he wets himself and goes back to the minors....shelled in winter ball with the excuse working on a new pitch....so, back in spring training and....and

he gets shelled again...no excuses except from the shill..needs more time

and finally..the best of all...Bradley, rookie of the year per one dope and homer

ah yes...the rankings...funny, one of them says he has hitting issues in the pros....and get this...he does...does he field well...yup..can he run and steal bases?? to a degree, not even close to els...but can he hit mlb pitching?? hell no...now proven...and what the hell does it mean facing kids in the minors to help you prepare for real pitching in mlb??

he cannot hit and we will all get rankings tossed in our faces as his proof

by the way...top 100 rankings?? any idea how many make it to the big leagues?? and how many turn into legit stars??

the homer shill will never tell you that number...just keep gorilla chest pounding and trying to make people think he knows what he is talking about

believe a homer/shill fan if you want...you don't dare him say peep about the negative things about his team

hell no, way too many...

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#307882 Mar 29, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did Jordie and Mearns and all the other bloggers Fuloser predicted have to say?
Nothing because no one cares what they said until the Fuloser comes along.
Point is at this stage proven baseball writers, anaylysts, stats guys and even their peers say the Yankees miss the playoffs...or you can listen to Fuloser claim 5 more wins off the 95 he predicted last year and backing it up with bloggers crap
Well if you're going to bring up this sabermetrics guru, all I asked was how his previous predictions have worked out. This way I'll know if his words are worth believing, or if he's just blowing smoke. Didn't mention Fu's comments, one way or the other. Not sure what they had to do with my original question., except deflection

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#307883 Mar 29, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did Jordie and Mearns and all the other bloggers Fuloser predicted have to say?
Nothing because no one cares what they said until the Fuloser comes along.
Point is at this stage proven baseball writers, anaylysts, stats guys and even their peers say the Yankees miss the playoffs...or you can listen to Fuloser claim 5 more wins off the 95 he predicted last year and backing it up with bloggers crap
Here's Bens prediction for last years AL East:

Yanks 1st place (ended up in 4th)
O's last place (ended up in 3rd)
Jays 90 wins and a WC (last place with 74 wins)
Good thing the "proven baseball writers" don't get paid by their accuracy

http://www.bluejayhunter.com/2013/03/2013-blu...

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#307884 Mar 29, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
Anna got one of the back up slots...good kid...hit 331 last year in the minors for the pads
shall we review
Laverne and Shirley, supposed highly rated top 100 rookie supposed star lied to us by the shill
now, cannot even be traded, no one wants him and the team has 2 38 year old catchers ahead of him
bust
webstink...supposed great rookie as we were told by the shill, ranked and what happens when he sees major league hitters? he wets himself and goes back to the minors....shelled in winter ball with the excuse working on a new pitch....so, back in spring training and....and
and finally..the best of all...Bradley, rookie of the year per one dope and homer
ah yes...the rankings...funny, one of them says he has hitting issues in the pros....and get this...he does...does he field well...yup..can he run and steal bases?? to a degree, not even close to els...but can he hit mlb pitching?? hell no...now proven...and what the hell does it mean facing kids in the minors to help you prepare for real pitching in mlb??
by the way...top 100 rankings?? any idea how many make it to the big leagues?? and how many turn into legit stars??
the homer shill will never tell you that number...just keep gorilla chest pounding and trying to make people think he knows what he is talking about
believe a homer/shill fan if you want...you don't dare him say peep about the negative things about his team
hell no, way too many...
I like Anna, and if it were me, I'd have him starting at either 2nd or 3rd. I think he'll be playing 2nd before long.

Johnson's not looking very good at 3rd

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#307885 Mar 29, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
shall we review
bust
hell no, way too many...
I also think they should bring up Solarte. Cash should try his best to get something for Nunez in trade, and if not, let him go. I like Nunez, and he's a decent hitter, but at this point I don't see his D getting much better.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#307886 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think they should bring up Solarte. Cash should try his best to get something for Nunez in trade, and if not, let him go. I like Nunez, and he's a decent hitter, but at this point I don't see his D getting much better.
Nuņez is what he is & has been for some time. A player who has speed, a decent bat that can't catch or throw consistently...

Teams already know who Nuņez is. Trying to move him isn't going to get much in return...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#307887 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Anna, and if it were me, I'd have him starting at either 2nd or 3rd. I think he'll be playing 2nd before long.
Johnson's not looking very good at 3rd

I've seen anna a few times, good looking kid. I am with you on him playing second..think we will see him there...he has played ss also and looks much better there then nunez...he can hit also...

damn good sub and might end up being a good second baseman who hits 270 or so in the majors playing good defense...

rumors are trade for a third baseman maybe by the summer...and Johnson can play first, I was at one of the games he played there

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#307888 Mar 29, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen anna a few times, good looking kid. I am with you on him playing second..think we will see him there...he has played ss also and looks much better there then nunez...he can hit also...
damn good sub and might end up being a good second baseman who hits 270 or so in the majors playing good defense...
rumors are trade for a third baseman maybe by the summer...and Johnson can play first, I was at one of the games he played there
Solarte can play all 4 IF spots, and is a switch hitter. Clearly he will be more useful than Nunez

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#307889 Mar 29, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuņez is what he is & has been for some time. A player who has speed, a decent bat that can't catch or throw consistently...
Teams already know who Nuņez is. Trying to move him isn't going to get much in return...
I know
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#307890 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I know
Know what?...

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#307891 Mar 29, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what?...
Not getting much, if anything, for him
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#307892 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes to your 2nd point. Does NYY DFA Nuņez to open up the roster spot or live with his negatives?...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

#307893 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol....Harley on a roll today.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307894 Mar 29, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
shall we review
bust
hell no, way too many...
It's all BS, what have the Sox produced out of their farm system the last 5 years?

Nothing thats what.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307895 Mar 29, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been high on the kid Anna all year kudos. Johnson will be on the best offseason moves the Yanks made.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307896 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
MS will have its hands full with UConns back count and garden crowd.

Florida looks tough

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307897 Mar 29, 2014
Lester the next to leave?

Red Sox, Jon Lester table extension talks
The Red Sox have decided to table extension talks with pitcher Jon Lester for now, according to the Boston Globe.
Both sides would still like to come to an agreement, and may open talks again during the season. The 30-year-old is entering the final season of his contract. He posted a 3.75 ERA in 213 1/3 innings last year.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307898 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you're going to bring up this sabermetrics guru, all I asked was how his previous predictions have worked out. This way I'll know if his words are worth believing, or if he's just blowing smoke. Didn't mention Fu's comments, one way or the other. Not sure what they had to do with my original question., except deflection
Fu predicts Yanks win 102 games in 2014.

GO YANKEES!!!

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307899 Mar 29, 2014
Mike Trout to receive $144.5 million in six-year deal
Angels outfielder Mike Trout will receive $144.5 million over the course of the six-year deal that has been agreed to by Trout and the team, CBSSports.com baseball insider Jon Heyman reports.
The team confirmed that a deal had been struck Friday night, but they'll announce the deal officially Saturday. Trout delayed free agency by three years with this deal, and he's scheduled to make $145.5 million over the next seven seasons, including 2014.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#307900 Mar 29, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the guru missed the Tanaka signing?

Masahiro Tanaka strikes out 10 in final spring start
Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka heightened the anticipation of his first season stateside Friday, striking out 10 batters while giving up just three hits in six scoreless innings in his team's 3-0 win over the Marlins.
Tanaka wraps up Grapefruit League play with a 2.14 ERA and 26:3 K:BB ratio in 21 innings. He's scheduled to make his regular-season debut on Thursday in Toronto.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min OzRitz 46,797
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 33 min JETS 4 LIFE 2,923
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 3 hr ZCs 1,767
Watch Out For This When You Go To Hospital 3 hr Mahatma Coat 2
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Nemo Noone aka Op... 15,093
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 6 hr the real deal 10,618
Binghamton Housing Authority now has a bat prob... 7 hr BHA whistleblower 1
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••