Rex

Brooklyn, NY

#301741 Dec 31, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text> I was hysterical laughing at the season ending press conference this morning listening to these idiots asking about Rex's contract...too funny.....And of course when asked if the rookie backup would be named the starter next year Rex just said "we are always looking to improve "..in other words no, of course Rex's puppet Idzik wasn't permitted to get into any real football talk...Speaking of Idzik Rex ordered him to meet with Mark yesterday regarding the 2 million he'll be owed in March that would go against the cap...Mark agreed to be cut then re-signed so it wont go against the cap...they'll be talking with Cro and Santonio in the near future who both have agreed to contract restructures . Rex has demanded Idzik to be 40 million under the cap come free agent time, they're already 33 under...it's about the only thing Idzik is good at,.... that and keeping his mouth shut. My driver should be here in a few...later and cheers !!
Thanks for all of your and Woody's support over the years. Your genius is renown throughout the Halls of Canton Ohio and with every GM on the NFL.

Rounds of drinks are on me in your honor at Fallon's whenever you want
FU in Ireland

Brooklyn, NY

#301742 Dec 31, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>You're kidding right? whats fatso weighing these days around 350 pounds? lmfao.......fat slob eats chips and ice cream all day and never showers too lazy to drag his big fatass in there.......never wipes after taking a shit too I bet......what a stinking mess fatso is......a real sick animal......lmfao
Not my post
Paul Yanks

Romania

#301743 Dec 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 300 and 320 from what I was told.
Geez....what a fat slob.....I bet DW has a huge gut also that he lugs around....figure toilet scrubbing and mopping floors daily would help out the Aussie moron...sickening indeed....lmfao

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#301745 Dec 31, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I'm hoping and praying Mae Young is ok..... She's one of my favorite divas of alltime.....I saw what you said earlier with you praying she didn't die on live tv..... I be thinking the same thing because she sometimes stumble around lol.....
Raw was good last night..... DB joining the Wyatts?... Wow..... JBL and Cole commentary was excellent..... Brock is back and better than ever.... Divas were looking excellent especially Eve.... Love that rd hair.....

last night was classic wwe...with bryan turning heel....

as for mae young, its been scary watching her there...great show

dell, have a safe and happy new year

SAME TO EVERYONE, EVEN FATTY AT HOME IN THE CAROLINAS....
Paul Yanks

UK

#301748 Dec 31, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
http://www.pinstripealley.com/ yankees-rumors-offseason-hot-s tove/2013/12/31/5258552/bronso n-arroyo-tanaka
I'll pass on this one..... Tanaka, Jimenez or Garza are way better options than this guy.....
Completely agree my friend......and a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#301749 Dec 31, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Completely agree my friend......and a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!

Happy new year Paul!
Paul Yanks

UK

#301750 Dec 31, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy new year Paul!
Thanks...and a happy new year to you too Jim.........
Paul Yanks

UK

#301752 Dec 31, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Happy New Year to you and the family also brother... Another year is upon us......
Thanks my good man.......Maybe if the Yanks land Jimenez and Tanaka.....and Hal with no worries about crossing over that 189 team payroll threshold,,,,,maybe 2014 will spell a 28th championship in the Bronx!!!!!!!
Paul Yanks

UK

#301754 Dec 31, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I hope so..... One thing is for sure is that we will be better than last year..... Injuries, inconsistent hitting/pitching, not to mention a struggling BP would have killed any team last year ..... With the acquisitions in 3 much needed areas more runs will be scored....
Still need 2 SPs, BP help.... Yanks say they won't sign Drew which I know makes a lot of people happy lol..... Would love to get both Tanaka and Jimenez, but Garza still isn't a bad one either.....
I'd rather have Jimenez.......he's more durable......Garza is allot like Buchholtz of the sox.....often injured....just can't stay healthy....Garza hasn't had around 200 IP since 2007....While Jimenez has been the opposite......around 200 IP every year since 2007....Yanks need some pen help also a closer in particular......I'd take Balfour there......wonder where Gardner gets traded to and for who or what......remains to be seen.....still allot of work to be done ahead......

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

#301757 Jan 1, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Happy New Year to you and the family also brother... Another year is upon us......
Yes, the new year is here and is it true you already broke your new years resolution?

“I hate math”

#301759 Jan 1, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What are you talking about?.... It's 2014 and you are already starting lol.....
Where did you go last night?

“I hate math”

#301761 Jan 1, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Why should I tell you that?.... You should be worrying about how the Chargers are going to beat the Bengals..... Should be a good game......
My playoff picks are in and I expect to go 4-0 this weekend. And I guess for new years eve, you just stayed in, ate Pizza Hut and watched the ball drop in times square

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#301763 Jan 1, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Liar...... You didn't make any picks.... Phony shoutouts to momma about limos, plane rides lol.... To funny..... Rivers better be ready because Bengals haven't lost at home all year.....

of course he did not put his picks in, last year he lost every playoff game and got busted on it...at half time he would come on saying how he was winning then the team lost like Atlanta..

he is deathly afraid of another shutout

what is pathetic is he starts the new year off with lying...more man/child stunts

and of course he lies for fatty, its part of the game they play and fool one over and over..

as if he is in a limo...maybe he cleaned one...or peed on the tires...and waddled away

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

#301765 Jan 1, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he did not put his picks in, last year he lost every playoff game and got busted on it...at half time he would come on saying how he was winning then the team lost like Atlanta..
he is deathly afraid of another shutout
what is pathetic is he starts the new year off with lying...more man/child stunts
and of course he lies for fatty, its part of the game they play and fool one over and over..
as if he is in a limo...maybe he cleaned one...or peed on the tires...and waddled away
Kudos, you called it on Rex days before it was even a rumor. How did you know?

Wishing you the best in 2014

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#301766 Jan 1, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol what a way to start the 2014 year with yet another lie from him.... He's already jinxed the Seahawks which is the kiss of death.... Momma fools 2 people with those lies that he put out.....
Can you believe someone actually believes his stories about the limo, sky box, him sitting in he Met and Jet offices.... You noticed that Jr hasn't said anything about the upcoming Chargers game.... Months ago he said they were done and now he acts as if he supported them all year..... Sounds like a coward.....
I go away for a week with the family and I come back and see as in 2013 Dell is holding down the fort.

You got my vote by the way for best poster in 2013. Best wishes to you and the family in 2014.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#301767 Jan 1, 2014
Yanks spending like drunken sailors on shore leave in 2014?

http://www.pinstripealley.com/yankees-rumors-...

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#301768 Jan 1, 2014
Lets start 2014 off the right way in the Yankees forum.

On July 4, 1939, the New York Yankees held "Lou Gehrig Day" at Yankee Stadium. Gehrig had been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) just two weeks earlier. With more than 62,000 fans in attendance, the Iron Horse took the microphone for what would become one of the most memorable moments in baseball history.

At the close of Gehrig's emotional speech, Babe Ruth walked up, put his arm around his former teammate and spoke in his ear the first words they had shared since 1934. Gehrig was elected to the Hall of Fame that December. He died in 1941, at age 37.

The speech:

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans. Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day?

Sure I'm lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Jacob Ruppert? Also, the builder of baseball's greatest empire, Ed Barrow? To have spent six years with that wonderful little fellow, Miller Huggins? Then to have spent the next nine years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager in baseball today, Joe McCarthy?

Sure I'm lucky. When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift -- that's something. When everybody down to the groundskeepers and those boys in white coats remember you with trophies -- that's something. When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles with her own daughter -- that's something. When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an education and build your body -- it's a blessing. When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed -- that's the finest I know.

So I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for."

Three years after Lou Gehrig made that farewell speech at Yankee Stadium, Gary Cooper gave his rendition of it in the movie, "Pride of the Yankees." Hollywood mogul Sam Goldwyn had resisted the idea of a movie about a ballplayer, and evidently some tweaking had to be done on the speech to make it more appealing at the theater.

Here is the text of the movie version, with such terms as "Murderers Row" and "Bronx Bombers" added for extra effect:

"I have been walking onto ballfields for 16 years, and I've never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans. I have had the great honor to have played with these great veteran ballplayers on my left -- Murderers Row, our championship team of 1927. I have had the further honor living and playing with these men on my right -- the Bronx Bombers, the Yankees of today.

"I have been given fame and undeserved praise by the boys up there behind the wire, my friends, the sports writers. I have worked under the two greatest managers of all time, Miller Huggins and Joe McCarthy.

"I have a mother and father who fought to give me health and a solid background in my youth. I have a wife, a companion for life, who has shown me more courage than I ever knew.

"People all say that I've had a bad break. But today ... today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#301769 Jan 1, 2014
What a shocker...lol

Yankees Will Not Sign Stephen Drew

By Jeff Todd [December 31, 2013 at 11:59am CST]

Yankees GM Brian Cashman says that the club will not sign Stephen Drew, reports Peter Gammons of GammonsDaily.com (via Twitter). After missing out on Omar Infante, New York had been rumored to be considering a run at the free agent infielder.

As MLBTR's Charlie Wilmoth recently explained, Drew is far and away the most attractive middle infielder left on the open market. For New York, then, choosing to pass on his services means that the club will not further supplement its infield mix through a significant free agent signing. A trade may still be possible, but having re-signed Derek Jeter and Brendan Ryan while adding Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson, the Yanks have already been quite active in adding players who can man short, second, or third.

If the Yankees are indeed out on Drew, relatively dry demand figures to remain the major impediment to a substantial, multi-year deal for the 30-year-old. Last we heard, Drew was still in discussions with the Mets. And, of course, Drew could still fit in Boston. But as Gammons notes, it will be "delicate" for the Red Sox to bring him back on a pillow contract after he turned down the club's qualifying offer.

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#301771 Jan 1, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> There he is.... Happy New Year to you and the family..... 2014 hopefully will bring you guys nothing but joy and happiness..... Glad to have you back.....
I see you've been commenting on the available FA's for the rotation. I still prefer Garza who's no stranger to the AL East. Buyers should be beware of Jimenez who''s lost 3 MPH on his 2 and 4 seam fastball. I know he finished strong in 2013 but I'm not sure he handle NY either...Fu passes on Jimenez

“2014 Yankees”

We're Back for # 28

#301772 Jan 1, 2014

Cafardo On Tanaka, Jimenez, Cruz, Lackey, Ichiro

By Zach Links [December 29, 2013 at 8:34am CST]

In this week's column, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe writes that the Orioles owe it to their fans to take a shot at a championship by bolstering the roster. The O's moved Jim Johnson to save on his expected $10MM salary for 2014 but the nixing of Grant Balfour's deal leaves them without a proven closer. The Orioles, with a few fixes, could be exciting and fun to watch, but they need more if they want to win it all. More from this week's column..
•Cafardo cautions not to sleep on the Red Sox in the Masahiro Tanaka hunt and one AL scout says it’s the perfect time for the Red Sox to strike.“They have veteran pitchers in the final year or two years remaining on their deals,” he said.“They’ll be clearing out a lot of payroll soon. I know they feel they have good young pitching on the horizon, but Tanaka should be a very good No. 2 or No. 3 starter on any staff. I would think with their emphasis on pitching, they would get into it.” The Yankees, Cubs, Rangers, and Dodgers figure to be the most aggressive and the Angels, Phillies, Royals, and Blue Jays are expected to get into it.
•Will the Red Sox's experience with Daisuke Matsuzaka scare them off of Tanaka?“I don’t think that can enter their thinking. I’m sure they would have gone after Yu Darvish in retrospect,” said one National League GM.
•Cafardo recently spoke with a few GMs who feel the Yankees may wind up with Ubaldo Jimenez, even if they land Tanaka.“He had an excellent second half, has great stuff, and he has the type of personality that would fit New York,” one GM said.“He doesn’t let things get to him. He’s good at shrugging off things and turning the page.” If the Yankees ink both pitchers, it's pretty difficult to see them staying under the $189MM mark.
•Nelson Cruz is the best available free agent among position players, but his demand of four years at $75MM has turned off teams. While other PED guys such as Jhonny Peralta have cashed in, teams are worried that Cruz, who more relies on his power is of greater concern for teams who worry that being off the stuff could hurt his power numbers.
•John Lackey’s name has come up consistently this winter, but the Red Sox aren’t motivated to deal him. That could change, but the club is enthused about his $500K option for 2015.
•It'll be interesting to see if the Yankees can move ichiro Suzuki given their crowded outfield. The Giants remain a possibility, Cafardo writes.
•The Dodgers could still trade from their outfield surplus. When it comes to Matt Kemp, of course, teams want to see how he rebounds from shoulder and ankle surgeries.
•With Brian McCann aboard and Francisco Cervelli as backup, Yankees catcher Austin Romine is very much available.
•Johan Santana is getting closer to making a decision on a minor league deal with a team. There’s been some speculation about the Twins since Santana still resides in Fort Myers, Fla., where the Twins have spring training. A small-market team such as the Astros could also have some interest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 min Unbiased Chargers... 9,330
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 3 min JETS 4 LIFE 3,063
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Mychihuahuawillbite 306,208
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Who 47,477
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Maude 15,550
Topix most fooled and laughed at poster (Apr '13) 3 hr jimi-yank 80
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 3 hr jimi-yank 143
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 6 hr the real deal 11,001

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match

New York Jobs

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info