Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#300080 Dec 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's wait & see how his power translates to NL parks like @ AT&T & Petco...
He's 1 dimensional. Smart of Cashman not to bite on that when Trumbo was offered to just about every team...
AL west had a couple of big parks with Oakland and Seattle when he was an Angel. He'll hit his 30 HR's in the NL. They may have the best offensive player in the NL in Golschimdt. Will be interesting if he hits in front of him. It will cut down his K's with that guy behind him
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#300081 Dec 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/ 2013/12/pirates-and-yankees-co mplete-stewart-trade/

and the result of the stewart trade, a 22 reliever. 2.38 era in over 80 innings..
Lots of BB's with K's. It's a body to expose for the Rule 5 draft...

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#300082 Dec 11, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
In thde mindset of staying under 189M, I wonder if Nunez could handle 2B? He'd be a lot closer to 1B, which should help his throwing
Nuenez, Reynolds and Kelly will have to take over 2B and 3B. Yanks $$$$ will be used for Tanaka
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#300083 Dec 11, 2013
Interesting moves WSN has made to date...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/washington_nati...

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#300084 Dec 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
they signed Kelly johson, ex of tampa and Toronto...who had 16 homers in limited at bats...might as well put him there.
I think they trade him in some package deal...
Nuenez? WTH wants him?

Has more value to the Yankees at this point and time

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#300085 Dec 11, 2013
Yanks looking at Johann.

Eight Teams Showing Interest In Johan Santana

By Steve Adams [December 11, 2013 at 12:15pm CST]

Eight teams have expressed interest in left-hander Johan Santana, reports Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York. The Yankees, Mets, Twins, Rays, Orioles, Royals, Brewers and Pirates have all expressed varying levels of interest. Travis Sawchik of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweets that the Pirates have requested his medical records today and plan to meet with agent Peter Greenberg this afternoon.

According to Marchand, Santana and Greenberg are willing to accept an offer in the near future if a team is able to separate itself from the pack, but if not, Santana will throw in January in a showcase for interested teams. Shoulder problems have forced Santana to sit out two of the

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#300086 Dec 11, 2013
Yanks chatting with Infante.

Royals, Yankees Talking To Omar Infante

By Steve Adams [December 11, 2013 at 11:21am CST]

11:21am: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports (on Twitter) that the Yankees are one of the teams talking to Infante.

8:37am: The Royals are a serious possibility for Omar Infante and may even be considered the favorites, MLB Daily Dish's Chris Cotillo tweeted late last night. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets that Infante is currently talking with the Royals and two other teams.

Yesterday it was reported that Infante is seeking north of $8MM per year on a multiyear deal this offseason. The soon-to-be 32-year-old batted .318/.345/.450 with 10 homers and strong defense at second base last season in the final year of a two-year,$8MM pact he signed when coming off a down season.

Kansas City's second basemen combined to bat just .240/.296/.306 as a collective unit in 2013, so Infante makes some sense as a target for GM Dayton Moore. Emilio Bonifacio turned things around after coming over from Toronto and projects as their current starter. However, he's been an inconsistent performer throughout his career, and the Royals, who are hoping to build on last year's winning season, could prefer a more stable option. Bonifacio's versatility would allow him to be used in a super utility role should Kansas City ink Infante.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300087 Dec 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Drew's agent did for both Soriano & Bourn...
Those who choose to ignore history show their limitations...
No he didn't.As I stated both in camp for spring training. Youre full of yourself.

Rafael Soriano
Transactions
August 30, 1996: Signed by the Seattle Mariners as an amateur free agent.
December 7, 2006: Traded by the Seattle Mariners to the Atlanta Braves for Horacio Ramirez.
November 6, 2009: Granted Free Agency.
December 7, 2009: Signed as a Free Agent with the Atlanta Braves.
December 11, 2009: Traded by the Atlanta Braves to the Tampa Bay Rays for Jesse Chavez.
November 1, 2010: Granted Free Agency.
January 18, 2011: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Yankees.
October 31, 2012: Granted Free Agency.
January 17, 2013: Signed as a Free Agent with the Washington Nationals.

Michael Bourn
June 5, 2000: Drafted by the Houston Astros in the 19th round of the 2000 amateur draft, but did not sign.
June 3, 2003: Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 4th round of the 2003 amateur draft. Player signed July 24, 2003.
November 7, 2007: Traded by the Philadelphia Phillies with Mike Costanzo and Geoff Geary to the Houston Astros for Eric Bruntlett and Brad Lidge.
July 31, 2011: Traded by the Houston Astros with cash to the Atlanta Braves for Juan Abreu, Paul Clemens, Brett Oberholtzer and Jordan Schafer.
October 29, 2012: Granted Free Agency.
February 15, 2013: Signed as a Free Agent with the Cleveland Indians.

Those who choose to ignore their stupidity show their stupidity
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300088 Dec 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, a SP who had little value coming off major surgery who wasn't in their plans for 2014...
.
<quoted text>
Certainly was aware or wouldn't have posted the player they're targeting.
.
<quoted text>
Guess you weren't aware BA has the CHC system ranked 5th...
http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/a-simpl...
.
<quoted text>
Of course Sanchez alone couldn't command an ace. When was the last time someone from AA alone was traded for an ace? Illogical to think otherwise...
.
<quoted text>
Of course Amaro, Jr. would make that comment. Would be disastrous if he went public with those comments...
”If the Phillies are listening to offers for Hamels or Lee, Amaro would never confirm them. It would be bad business. But multiple teams need starting pitching, so it makes sense that the Phils would let other clubs know they will hear what those teams have to say.”
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/phillies-...
.
<quoted text>
Much of what?...
Y'know it gets REAL boring watching you dance around in circles for 20 posts until you state what I did in the first post like you knew it all along.

But you do it again and again and again..because you enjoy being contrary.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300089 Dec 11, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> You can't be serious Bradley can't hold Els glove let alone his bat...a backup player at best.
donnie it is common knowledge that Bradley was considered the better CF in the Sox org.

The bat? Well he's a kid with a hype crowd working him. Same numbers as Ellsbury on his bust through year at PAW as I posted before so we'll see.

Just because the Yankee farm is empty doesn't mean everyone elses is as well.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300090 Dec 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yanks looking at Johann.
Eight Teams Showing Interest In Johan Santana
By Steve Adams [December 11, 2013 at 12:15pm CST]
Eight teams have expressed interest in left-hander Johan Santana, reports Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York. The Yankees, Mets, Twins, Rays, Orioles, Royals, Brewers and Pirates have all expressed varying levels of interest. Travis Sawchik of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweets that the Pirates have requested his medical records today and plan to meet with agent Peter Greenberg this afternoon.
According to Marchand, Santana and Greenberg are willing to accept an offer in the near future if a team is able to separate itself from the pack, but if not, Santana will throw in January in a showcase for interested teams. Shoulder problems have forced Santana to sit out two of the
So Johann to the Yanks and Joba to the Mets?

This could be fun....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300091 Dec 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yanks chatting with Infante.
Royals, Yankees Talking To Omar Infante
By Steve Adams [December 11, 2013 at 11:21am CST]
11:21am: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports (on Twitter) that the Yankees are one of the teams talking to Infante.
8:37am: The Royals are a serious possibility for Omar Infante and may even be considered the favorites, MLB Daily Dish's Chris Cotillo tweeted late last night. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets that Infante is currently talking with the Royals and two other teams.
Yesterday it was reported that Infante is seeking north of $8MM per year on a multiyear deal this offseason. The soon-to-be 32-year-old batted .318/.345/.450 with 10 homers and strong defense at second base last season in the final year of a two-year,$8MM pact he signed when coming off a down season.
Kansas City's second basemen combined to bat just .240/.296/.306 as a collective unit in 2013, so Infante makes some sense as a target for GM Dayton Moore. Emilio Bonifacio turned things around after coming over from Toronto and projects as their current starter. However, he's been an inconsistent performer throughout his career, and the Royals, who are hoping to build on last year's winning season, could prefer a more stable option. Bonifacio's versatility would allow him to be used in a super utility role should Kansas City ink Infante.
Yanks would love to get a guy as bad as Bonafiasco...

funny how KC and NYY keep bumping into eachother for the same players...I guess that means they are on the same tier.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300092 Dec 11, 2013
Looks like the Yanks did OK with the Stewart compensation...not a ranked prospect but nice numbers.

The Yankees and Pirates have completed last week’s trade for catcher Chris Stewart, with Pittsburgh sending 22-year-old RHP Kyle Haynes to New York on Wednesday as the deal’s player to be named later.
Haynes, a 20th-round pick in 2012, spent last season at Class-A West Virginia, beginning the season as a reliever but converting to the rotation at the end of the year. Overall, he pitched in 41 games with eight starts, going 1-5 with a 2.38 ERA, seven saves, and 85 strikeouts in 83.1 innings pitched.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#300093 Dec 11, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.As I stated both in camp for spring training. Youre full of yourself.

Rafael Soriano
Transactions
August 30, 1996: Signed by the Seattle Mariners as an amateur free agent.
December 7, 2006: Traded by the Seattle Mariners to the Atlanta Braves for Horacio Ramirez.
November 6, 2009: Granted Free Agency.
December 7, 2009: Signed as a Free Agent with the Atlanta Braves.
December 11, 2009: Traded by the Atlanta Braves to the Tampa Bay Rays for Jesse Chavez.
November 1, 2010: Granted Free Agency.
January 18, 2011: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Yankees.
October 31, 2012: Granted Free Agency.
January 17, 2013: Signed as a Free Agent with the Washington Nationals.

Michael Bourn
June 5, 2000: Drafted by the Houston Astros in the 19th round of the 2000 amateur draft, but did not sign.
June 3, 2003: Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 4th round of the 2003 amateur draft. Player signed July 24, 2003.
November 7, 2007: Traded by the Philadelphia Phillies with Mike Costanzo and Geoff Geary to the Houston Astros for Eric Bruntlett and Brad Lidge.
July 31, 2011: Traded by the Houston Astros with cash to the Atlanta Braves for Juan Abreu, Paul Clemens, Brett Oberholtzer and Jordan Schafer.
October 29, 2012: Granted Free Agency.
February 15, 2013: Signed as a Free Agent with the Cleveland Indians.

Those who choose to ignore their stupidity show their stupidity
Exactly. Soriano signed mid January & Bourn signed in mid February...

Keep fantasizing Drew will come back to BOS just like you posted on Ellsbury's agent overvaluing his client...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#300094 Dec 11, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'know it gets REAL boring watching you dance around in circles for 20 posts until you state what I did in the first post like you knew it all along.

But you do it again and again and again..because you enjoy being contrary.
Didn't dance around anything. Believe what you will...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300095 Dec 11, 2013
Infante drawing the line at 4 years.

Yanks go 4?...at 8m per?...for Infante?

Yeeeshhhh
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300096 Dec 11, 2013
Yanks won't trade Gardner but are listening...

meanwhile Cashman files papers in NY District Court to have Ichiro's name changed to Brett Gardner
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300097 Dec 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Soriano signed mid January & Bourn signed in mid February...
Keep fantasizing Drew will come back to BOS just like you posted on Ellsbury's agent overvaluing his client...
And now the dance starts....

So Boras then DID NOT HOLD THE PLAYER OUT UNTIL THE QO PICK WAS OUT OF PLAY as I stated twice.

Drew has where to go? Any bites? Anything?

Ellsbury IS overvalued and overpaid. The Yankees will regret that contract down the line.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300098 Dec 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't dance around anything. Believe what you will...
You already started the circle dance on the above subject didn't you?

Your PHI tale is as full of holes as your Pedroia to LF claim.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#300099 Dec 11, 2013
The Yankees have no desire to go to four years on Infante, and the Royals may be the the favorites in talks, per Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News

Didn't they say that about Beltran as well?

Think Cashman panics again and runs out and gives Stephen Drew a $170m Ellsbury deal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Into The Night 58,807
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 9 min jimi-yank 38,683
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 19 min Another Black kil... 10,567
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 42 min Princess Hey 14,721
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 310,965
News Renewed calls for justice at funeral for man fa... 1 hr Hasaun A Lee 2
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr MS smoke 10,337
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 6 hr jimi-yank 4,999
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 18 hr Naqssau 3 13,302
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages