Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Paul Yanks

Montréal, Canada

#297715 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see Cervelli on the opening day 25. Think Romine is the backup...
I agree.....Romine is a good solid defensive catcher.....like him clearly over Cervelli.....if he can learn to hit in the big league he will be worth quite a bit in any trade.....as Sanchez progresses......good post....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#297716 Nov 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>i kinda like the thought of the Yanks interested in Juan Uribe.....a 3b, 1b, DH a solid RH hitter in the lineup.......think I'd take Uribe over bringing back Reynolds......I also agree with you Fu.....Choo would be a great signing.......take him over Beltran......also agree Yanks need pitching.....pitching and more pitching and even Nathan as a closer......would all work well for me.......but McCann is a great signing Fu.......guy hit over 20 HR 7 times.....tailor made swing for the stadium too......much better than what we had behind the plate that's for sure.......much prefer McCann over salty.....no doubt....
What's up Paulie.... How is everything with you and the family?..... I know you have been working alot....

You and Fu bring up great points about signing McCann..... Like we all know he's a instant upgrade to what we had on that plate last year.... His HR production may go up as well which is an even bigger plus.....

Long term, well it all depends on how his body can't gold up....$100 million is kinda pushing it, but the deal had to be done.... We still have more holes to fill, but catcher was one of the main holes that was needed...

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#297717 Nov 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>i kinda like the thought of the Yanks interested in Juan Uribe.....a 3b, 1b, DH a solid RH hitter in the lineup.......think I'd take Uribe over bringing back Reynolds......I also agree with you Fu.....Choo would be a great signing.......take him over Beltran......also agree Yanks need pitching.....pitching and more pitching and even Nathan as a closer......would all work well for me.......but McCann is a great signing Fu.......guy hit over 20 HR 7 times.....tailor made swing for the stadium too......much better than what we had behind the plate that's for sure.......much prefer McCann over salty.....no doubt....
McCanns the best catcher available. Is he durable anymore however? He's had shoulder issues but seems to be OK now and is only 29. Its an upgade at a weak position on the team so its a plus and the contracts not insane (yikes times have changed). Gives the Yanks some trading chips now with their young catchers.......we need starting pitching and another OF to
Paul Yanks

Montréal, Canada

#297718 Nov 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
There he is!!! Glad to see you Paulie
Thanks Fu.....glad to see you as well.....hope all is great with you my friend......also think Cano will be back on a 7 year deal between 185-200 Mill....just will take some time that's all.....

Yankee Stadium

#297719 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting why Romine over Cerelli or Stewart? Maybe they send Romine to AAA and convert Murphy to 3B/1B
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297720 Nov 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting why Romine over Cerelli or Stewart? Maybe they send Romine to AAA and convert Murphy to 3B/1B
McCann takes Stewart's place on the 25. Stewart won't be tendered. Think it's time for NYY & Cervelli to part ways. His defense & throwing are below average. Package him & others for a back end SP. Murphy has good defensive skills. A year @ SWB can only help build his value or he may be desirable to another team in a trade....

That leaves Romine...
Paul Yanks

Montréal, Canada

#297721 Nov 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
McCanns the best catcher available. Is he durable anymore however? He's had shoulder issues but seems to be OK now and is only 29. Its an upgade at a weak position on the team so its a plus and the contracts not insane (yikes times have changed). Gives the Yanks some trading chips now with their young catchers.......we need starting pitching and another OF to
I think McCann will recover well from his past shoulder surgery......only played in 102 games last year and still hit 20 HR and 57 RBI not bad......if he were a pitcher they'd be real reason for concern.......but he is among the best catchers in the game a 7 time all-star in 8 years.....and he'll get that BA up next year around .270 or better.....Yanks need an OF preferably Choo.....if not Beltran or Grandy......need an IF if ARod is out all year and hopefully so......Uribe can fill the void.....Ryan was a good signing on bringing him back.....2 SP maybe Garza and Kuroda and a closer.....Nathan 1st choice Balfour 2nd choice.....as for Tananka....a long shot....see what happens with the bid on him....see him as a Dodger......but anyhow if the Yanks keep moving forward....what I posted earlier....Yanks would be done with the winter.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#297722 Nov 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Similar to the NYY/McCann signing. STL needed offense @ SS. His range may be limited but he fields just about everything hit to or near him...
As for PED/Biogenesis, can't let that stop you from bring in players that give you the best chance to win...
I understand bringing in the best possible product to help you win, but some good signings are sometimes the ones that you don't make..... To many distractions as well...

Good point and I agree with the similarities in both deals.... Maybe it will work out for them especially if they are back in the playoffs next season..... Would have loved to got him for less $..... Still have more holes to fill..... Next up OF and SP....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#297723 Nov 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
If McCann gives NYY 115-125 games @ C, think that's reasonable to expect. If NYY is ahead in games by 2+ runs after the 7th, pull him & let Romine finish. Keeps him from wearing down come October...

Yankee Stadium

#297724 Nov 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I think McCann will recover well from his past shoulder surgery......only played in 102 games last year and still hit 20 HR and 57 RBI not bad......if he were a pitcher they'd be real reason for concern.......but he is among the best catchers in the game a 7 time all-star in 8 years.....and he'll get that BA up next year around .270 or better.....Yanks need an OF preferably Choo.....if not Beltran or Grandy......need an IF if ARod is out all year and hopefully so......Uribe can fill the void.....Ryan was a good signing on bringing him back.....2 SP maybe Garza and Kuroda and a closer.....Nathan 1st choice Balfour 2nd choice.....as for Tananka....a long shot....see what happens with the bid on him....see him as a Dodger......but anyhow if the Yanks keep moving forward....what I posted earlier....Yanks would be done with the winter.....
Good luck tomorrow, big Cowboys vs Giants game. Weathers going to be nasty here.
Paul Yanks

Montréal, Canada

#297725 Nov 23, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Paulie.... How is everything with you and the family?..... I know you have been working alot....
You and Fu bring up great points about signing McCann..... Like we all know he's a instant upgrade to what we had on that plate last year.... His HR production may go up as well which is an even bigger plus.....
Long term, well it all depends on how his body can't gold up....$100 million is kinda pushing it, but the deal had to be done.... We still have more holes to fill, but catcher was one of the main holes that was needed...
We are all doing well Dell.....thanks......hope all is great with you and your family........Well the Yanks officially kicked off their hot stove winter with a great pickup of McCann......hopefully more moves keep happening......still need to bring back Cano and a 90% chance of that along with a left side of the IF.....and OF 2 SP and a closer......Hal and Cashman need to stay busy and focused...
Paul Yanks

Montréal, Canada

#297726 Nov 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck tomorrow, big Cowboys vs Giants game. Weathers going to be nasty here.
Same to you Fu with the G-men....Cowboys pass defense has been horrible......otherwise injuries have been killing them.....Ware and Hatcher should be back with Murray....but Lee still out a couple of more weeks......I'm aware the Giants have also had the injury bug going on as well.......hopefully its another great game like the 36-31 game earlier in the year....

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#297727 Nov 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah its noticed guy hasn't played 130 games behind the plate in 3 years but thats ok according to him and he's not a 240s hitter over the last 2 according to Jimi because he hit 300 back in 2008..
So six packs of stupid are walking off the shelves in FLA as well...
He'll probably sit 40 or so games a year against lefty's. It'll keep him fresh, and help his BA as well
Paul Yanks

United States

#297728 Nov 24, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No but told you and others that the Yankee rotation was never gonna be a strength didn't I?
The only prediction I got wrong on the Yanks starters was that Pettitte wouldn't make it thru the year...
The rest of your post is babble.
Hey moron you said Crawford would be an all-star every year while with the sox....how did that workout dopey? you said Bradley jr. was gonna be great.....than batted .150 down to minors he went you clueless azzhole......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297729 Nov 24, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Romine has huge holes in his zone and has until the end of ST to show he can plug them...Cervelli has already been tendered, Romine doesn't have Girardi's support.

Maybe name him as your unicorn to be named later trade as the Tigers salary dump Porcello to the Yanks for Nunez Is that right? Hold on..Porcello you say is a salary dump candidate at twice the money 10m he made in 2013 because he is a free agent next year in 2016 AND the Yanks can afford him and toss aside the 10m slated for Dan Haren which is such a bargain in relation to Porcello and Harens numbers which are weaker than Vargas numbers who you called an overpay at less money.

You who gives a sh1t what you see.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297730 Nov 24, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your crying you bitter moron.....McCann was an excellent signing by the Yanks.......and you are bitter he didn't land in beantown where the sox and Rangers were as well interested in McCann......sox still have a shot at bringing back salty......lmfao
Bitter? Sox don't want to go more than 2 years on a catcher and I agree especially for a 240 hitting guy for $100m.

Bitter? How many times have I posted I didn't want the Sox to have anything to do with McCann as Salty put up better numbers last year.

Yanks overpaid for a guy who will be a dead pull 230 hitting DH within 3 years
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297731 Nov 24, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would trade for a Yankee farm catcher? Think Jesus kinda dispelled that myth for good. You can't get a AAAA bullpen arm for them. Besides McCann won't be a catcher for the length of that overfat contract.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297732 Nov 24, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll probably sit 40 or so games a year against lefty's. It'll keep him fresh, and help his BA as well
40 games of Cervelli to keep your $100m guy fresh?

uh huh.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#297733 Nov 24, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Hey moron you said Crawford would be an all-star every year while with the sox....how did that workout dopey? you said Bradley jr. was gonna be great.....than batted .150 down to minors he went you clueless azzhole......
How did it work out? Crawford got traded and the Sox used the cash to win the 2013 World Series.

JBJr is better than anyone in the Yanks farm system...and he's 20.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Bronx, NY

#297734 Nov 24, 2013
So the NYY out the pinstripes on McCann yesterday..... There are some good and bad about this signing..... In my opinion, the good out weighs the bad in this situation.... A little to pricey, but the move had to be made.....

So what does that means for Cano?.... The Yanks still have plenty of money to spend on Cano.... They want Cano and there are reports that they might meet up again next week.....$180 million is the number for him I say.... He may get $200 million overall though.....

Plans may be to sign McCann, Cano and win the bidding for Tanaka..... They also have designs to ink Beltran and, if that doesn't happen, possibly Choo or Ellsbury.... Can't go wrong with either one, but Ellsbury may ask for to much $.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 min Uno hoo 12,552
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min Blue November 311,629
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Actual Science 61,082
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Sonya 41,524
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr De Oppresso Liber 11,963
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 4 hr Jennifer 55
Humma to marry Mrs C 4 hr Anthony 1
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 7 hr jimi-yank 5,120
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Sun ChiefFan1 13,371

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages