Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#293882 Oct 12, 2013
Ortiz struck out and cried about the checked swing. Replay proved it was a good call.

Sox I believe were 4th In strikeouts.

Sanchez strikes out 4 in the first.

Ouch
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293883 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not impressed with either Phelps or Warren. Both SP's that depend on location without an out pitch. Huff isn't SP material. Nuno could develop to be a back end SP...
No choice but to give Robertson an opportunity to close. His 1 negative is his PC. Needs to keep it under 15 per inning. If Betances can find the strike zone consistently, he may have an opportunity to setup or possibly close...
I agree, but at this point we have no choice as far as the BP is concerned..... Imagine another year with Hughes and Jaba.... Ugh... With them 2 gone we are hell of a lot better in my opinion.....

Spot on avoid Robetsons PC..... The Yanks do have other any young relievers such as Tommy Kahnle.... Other options can be the Padres Huston Street or Dbacks J.J Putz.... Still wouldn't mind them maybe moving Ichiros $6.5 million salary either....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293884 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
Ortiz struck out and cried about the checked swing. Replay proved it was a good call.
Sox I believe were 4th In strikeouts.
Sanchez strikes out 4 in the first.
Ouch
Don't be so hard on Big Sloppy lol.... Sanchez and Lester are strong early.... Great college game between Michigan and Penne State.... They are going into ot number 3....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293885 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but at this point we have no choice as far as the BP is concerned..... Imagine another year with Hughes and Jaba.... Ugh... With them 2 gone we are hell of a lot better in my opinion.....
Spot on avoid Robetsons PC..... The Yanks do have other any young relievers such as Tommy Kahnle.... Other options can be the Padres Huston Street or Dbacks J.J Putz.... Still wouldn't mind them maybe moving Ichiros $6.5 million salary either....

Good post, good thoughts. I would like to see robertson as the 8th inning guy. Who replaces him?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293886 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be so hard on Big Sloppy lol.... Sanchez and Lester are strong early.... Great college game between Michigan and Penne State.... They are going into ot number 3....

I left that game a while ago. Wow.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293887 Oct 12, 2013
Penn state wins a wild game.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293888 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Good post, good thoughts. I would like to see robertson as the 8th inning guy. Who replaces him?
That's another huge question right there.... I agree that Robertson would be good as a 8th inning guy especially with his PC.... Still not sure if the Yanks would shell out some extra cash just for a closer knowing they have other areas to address......

NY StateO Mind bought up Betanes who is 25 and throws 96-100 mph from 92-96 mph earlier..... He sounds like a good choice in my opinion...... Did you have someone in mind?....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293889 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
Penn state wins a wild game.
That was the best game of the day for me..... 2 upsets today with GA and Stanford going down..... Next week the big one..... Clemson vs Florida State ....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293890 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> That's another huge question right there.... I agree that Robertson would be good as a 8th inning guy especially with his PC.... Still not sure if the Yanks would shell out some extra cash just for a closer knowing they have other areas to address......
NY StateO Mind bought up Betanes who is 25 and throws 96-100 mph from 92-96 mph earlier..... He sounds like a good choice in my opinion...... Did you have someone in mind?....

Betances is wild. Very.

I wish I had an idea on closers. Teams like st louis and other teams have been able to use rookies or unknowns.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293891 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> That was the best game of the day for me..... 2 upsets today with GA and Stanford going down..... Next week the big one..... Clemson vs Florida State ....
Well Goob seems with the Cards success you might lose the title of the forum's worst handicapper to the Fuloser.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293892 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> That was the best game of the day for me..... 2 upsets today with GA and Stanford going down..... Next we. ek the big one..... Clemson vs Florida State ....

gators lose. Good!
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293893 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Betances is wild. Very.
I wish I had an idea on closers. Teams like st louis and other teams have been able to use rookies or unknowns.
Betances also has poor preperation and work ethic issues. IE: could be a fatarse in training.

Closers? Bailey and Hanrahan will be available...Melancon certainly turned it around my guess is one of the pair of them will as well.

Otherwise Balfour is a great guy. Local hero. Played against his cousins this year in senior ball. I'd love him for the Sox but very wary of picking up A's pitching; Curt the Hurt Young destroys arms.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293894 Oct 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Goob seems with the Cards success you might lose the title of the forum's worst handicapper to the Fuloser.
I'm no where near the worst because you haven't seen your buddy Unbiased football picks that got him laughed off the board.... It was that bad lol.....

Cardinals are the most clutched team remaining in the playoffs.....Not counting the Dodgers out, but a lot of pressure on them......

Sox and Tigers may have a closer finish..... Sanchez no hits so far.... Lester got out of a jam earlier to keep it scoreless.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293895 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
gators lose. Good!
Loved it.... They show the replay tomorrow morning on the.Sunshine Network with the Gator announcers.... They will be sad and disappointed this week lol....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293896 Oct 12, 2013
Tigers lead 1-0.... Peralta with a 1 run single....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293897 Oct 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Betances also has poor preperation and work ethic issues. IE: could be a fatarse in training.
Closers? Bailey and Hanrahan will be available...Melancon certainly turned it around my guess is one of the pair of them will as well.
Otherwise Balfour is a great guy. Local hero. Played against his cousins this year in senior ball. I'd love him for the Sox but very wary of picking up A's pitching; Curt the Hurt Young destroys arms.

melancon could be a good one to look at if available...pirates still have grilli...who is real good..he was an ex yank, ex sox..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293898 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I'm no where near the worst because you haven't seen your buddy Unbiased football picks that got him laughed off the board.... It was that bad lol.....
Cardinals are the most clutched team remaining in the playoffs.....Not counting the Dodgers out, but a lot of pressure on them......
Sox and Tigers may have a closer finish..... Sanchez no hits so far.... Lester got out of a jam earlier to keep it scoreless.....

I supplied the link, page number etc...no spreads...for years in that forum it was winners only..he came up with that to cover his arse...you can check the pages prior, and after...no spread

he was 3 wins, 12 losses..he just did not pick another game or he could have been 3 and 13...

a poster who goes by the handle Guinness had posted a post number where he had 5 wins one week after he was crying about losing

but hey, if not for the heat chalk wins in championships, he had an zero for 5 years of any championships...he was pushing momma the hutt for the worst handicapper of all time..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293899 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Loved it.... They show the replay tomorrow morning on the.Sunshine Network with the Gator announcers.... They will be sad and disappointed this week lol....

I will watch it!!! thks..
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#293900 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I supplied the link, page number etc...no spreads...for years in that forum it was winners only..he came up with that to cover his arse...you can check the pages prior, and after...no spread
he was 3 wins, 12 losses..he just did not pick another game or he could have been 3 and 13...
a poster who goes by the handle Guinness had posted a post number where he had 5 wins one week after he was crying about losing
but hey, if not for the heat chalk wins in championships, he had an zero for 5 years of any championships...he was pushing momma the hutt for the worst handicapper of all time..
Lmao he's the worst and I'm glad you saved that page and number to let him know what's up...... He gets upset too......

Sanchez with a no hitter and 12ks.... Over 100 pitches and Sox have stranded 6.... He just got out of a bases loaded situation......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293901 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
melancon could be a good one to look at if available...pirates still have grilli...who is real good..he was an ex yank, ex sox..
I like Melancon but he was horrible for the Sox. Still good stuff.
Good guy as well so I hear.

A-NO-NObal is throwing a career game. Smoke and mirrors. See it but you can't touch this.

This is awesome. Baseball at its best where even if your team can't come away with the victory (and I think they will) as a baseball junkie I'm zoooooomin'....

Best of the AL squaring off. Any talk of the playoff structure bows here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 min jimi-yank 40,173
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Into The Night 60,079
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 16 min Forrest 15,421
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 16 min Forrest 14,625
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min Junket 311,338
How I Learned To Love A LIBERAL WOMAN 45 min Wall Street 2016 6
last post wins! (Jun '10) 48 min Princess Hey 26,486
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages