Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#293010 Oct 2, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> I'll bet you slept with the
neighbors dog too...

Check out the jet forum and see un lying about momma and his jet job. Its a riot. One lies the other swears to it.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293011 Oct 2, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever slept with a black woman? I have. Have you ever slept with an asian? I have. I am not racist

What is a hamster? You use that racist term as does your cowardly pal.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293012 Oct 2, 2013
the don wrote:
Anyone notice Russell martin hit two home runs in the Pirates 6-2 win over the reds last night.
yanks sure blew that one chris stewart and Francisco Cervelli don't equal a Russell Martin...almost as bad as the youkilis signing..lets hope brian gets it right this year!
Anyone also notice Martin is gone and CC and Kuroda had their worst years with the Yankees..
Yeah thats kinda what I said last winter when they let Martin walk isn't it?

So you look at them run to McCann who's older has more suitors and doesnt have the experience with Yankee pitching.

Martin offered the Yanks a discount and the Steinnys choked on it.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#293013 Oct 2, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
What is a hamster? You use that racist term as does your cowardly pal.
A hamster is what I refer to a low class person of minority. A low class white person I refer to as white trash. Whats the problem?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293014 Oct 2, 2013
Big day for the Indians. Yankee castoff Nick Swisher talks big hopes ...probably doesn't want his park adjusted average (30 point drop from Yankee stadium) to be noticed.

Burn the pen Tribe, burn it to the ground
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293015 Oct 2, 2013
Arod was fooled into taking steroids?

OK so even if anyone was to buy this outlandish tale how come HE didn't report it then?

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#293016 Oct 2, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
Big day for the Indians. Yankee castoff Nick Swisher talks big hopes ...probably doesn't want his park adjusted average (30 point drop from Yankee stadium) to be noticed.
Burn the pen Tribe, burn it to the ground
I think Tampa will win tonight. However my only interest in the playoffs is to see Boston lose. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Cle do it. Lets see if they can win tonight first

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293017 Oct 2, 2013
Arod was fooled into taking steroids?
OK so even if anyone was to buy this outlandish tale how come HE didn't report it then?

I think its funny. Didn't bonds and some from the bio suspensions claim that?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293018 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>I think Tampa will win tonight. However my only interest in the playoffs is to see Boston lose. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Cle do it. Lets see if they can win tonight first
I enjoy so many fans rooting for Boston to lose in so many sports.

Means we are good. Real good.

I think the Rays will win tonight I'll be cheering for Tito.

I think the Sox will go thru to the ALCS without a hiccup so it really doesn't matter.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#293019 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I enjoy so many fans rooting for Boston to lose in so many sports.
Means we are good. Real good.
I think the Rays will win tonight I'll be cheering for Tito.
I think the Sox will go thru to the ALCS without a hiccup so it really doesn't matter.
Thats the beauty of it. I am very much rooting against Boston and yes, the reason is because they're good. But unlike Don, Paul and Jimi, I act much different and mature than they each do
Jake Gibbs

AOL

#293020 Oct 2, 2013
OK let's go over this one game wild card thing and see the great inequity in a one game playoff to determine a Wild Card representative. Remember this isn't the NFL.
Let's say the Orioles and Blue Jays are in the fight for the AL East. As the season ends, the Blue Jays wins the pennant with 99 wins and the Orioles fall short by one game winning 98. Sounds good because the Orioles are still in the playoffs as a Wild Card. Across the divisions though the second wild card team, the Royals win only 88 games, 10 games less than the Orioles. But, because of this one game play in thing, a team that finished with 10 less wins behind the 1st Wild Card, gets ONE game to possibly eliminate a team that has won 10 more games during the season than they did. That simply isn't fair. A best 2 out of 3 at least would give the Orioles a better shot at eliminating a Royals team that really shouldn't be in the playoffs in the first place. They created this one game based on the excitement of a few years ago when there were a bunch of last game of the season elimination games.
This scenario could happen in the next few years and that is when MLB may look at it and realize one game playoffs are good for breaking ties, but not for real post season play. There is no fairness to this system at all.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293021 Oct 2, 2013
Looks like Cashman will make Girardi an offer today...about a month before everyone can chip in...if Joe is gonna sign Cashman wants it done quick.

he has to start showing he has a plan because his own contract is up next year and he is on the hot seat
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293022 Oct 2, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
I think its funny. Didn't bonds and some from the bio suspensions claim that?
Its a old ploy some practice here...distract when you don't want to answer the question.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293023 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>Thats the beauty of it. I am very much rooting against Boston and yes, the reason is because they're good. But unlike Don, Paul and Jimi, I act much different and mature than they each do
I'd rather see the better teams play. I wouldn't care about a CLE v PITT world series at all
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#293024 Oct 2, 2013
Jake Gibbs wrote:
OK let's go over this one game wild card thing and see the great inequity in a one game playoff to determine a Wild Card representative. Remember this isn't the NFL.
Let's say the Orioles and Blue Jays are in the fight for the AL East. As the season ends, the Blue Jays wins the pennant with 99 wins and the Orioles fall short by one game winning 98. Sounds good because the Orioles are still in the playoffs as a Wild Card. Across the divisions though the second wild card team, the Royals win only 88 games, 10 games less than the Orioles. But, because of this one game play in thing, a team that finished with 10 less wins behind the 1st Wild Card, gets ONE game to possibly eliminate a team that has won 10 more games during the season than they did. That simply isn't fair. A best 2 out of 3 at least would give the Orioles a better shot at eliminating a Royals team that really shouldn't be in the playoffs in the first place. They created this one game based on the excitement of a few years ago when there were a bunch of last game of the season elimination games.
This scenario could happen in the next few years and that is when MLB may look at it and realize one game playoffs are good for breaking ties, but not for real post season play. There is no fairness to this system at all.
No it rewards a team for finishing first and doesn't allow a wild card layup to get advantage by resting players down the stretch.

I like the present format.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293025 Oct 2, 2013
Jake Gibbs wrote:

I tend to agree...and the no 1 wild card gets all the games...this way in case of losing 1 of the first 2 it still maintains home field...

the no 2 seed just gets to win 2...no advantage..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293026 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd rather see the better teams play. I wouldn't care about a CLE v PITT world series at all

doubt if that happens, but isn't that the beauty of baseball? 7 game series to see who is better? when a wild card team can win it all...

as a sox fan, you should agree with that.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293027 Oct 2, 2013
Looks like Cashman will make Girardi an offer today...about a month before everyone can chip in...if Joe is gonna sign Cashman wants it done quick.

he has to start showing he has a plan because his own contract is up next year and he is on the hot seat
No offer will be made today...

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#293028 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Well then root for the Tigers. They have this years and last years Cy Young winner and the best hitter in MLB history at 3rd base. I'm picking Oakland to win the pennant but Boston/Detroit makes for the most exciting finals

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293029 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
No it rewards a team for finishing first and doesn't allow a wild card layup to get advantage by resting players down the stretch.
I like the present format.

how can the wild card team rest if they are playing 2 out of 3...they will burn out pitchers, and might get a key player hurt

if anything, the first 3 are used...

I like what he is saying..right now, the no 2 wild card has as good as a shot as the one...and the difference can be 10 games...

total bs...

and, no way do they rest, if anything, they are burned out more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do You Discriminate Against the Eyeglasses Wear... (Mar '11) 9 min Hazel 3
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 57 min Brian_G 310,343
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr TMShyster 36,395
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) 1 hr Joan 12
Time to go? 1 hr Not Truly Affected 2,480
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 10,534
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Forrest 12,163
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 8 hr BS Detector 5,702
More from around the web

Personal Finance