Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286122 Jul 27, 2013
Whoop Cliff Lee's start just got scratched....Rangers talking to them about Micheal Young return...maybe a fit for Middlebrooks...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286123 Jul 27, 2013
Ah Lee has a 'stiff neck' not the sh1ts with being offered on the trade block...

>>>>Lee said the stiffness probably has something to do with the hotel bed in St. Louis.

"I haven't talked to a doctor or anything," Lee said. "It is feeling a little better, but it is not completely gone."<<<

Maybe not until he's completly gone from Philly eh?
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286124 Jul 27, 2013
NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter's simulated game Saturday was clouded in secrecy, but after the Yankees' 1-0 loss to the Rays, manager Joe Girardi revealed some details, including one big one: The shortstop could rejoin the Yankees on Sunday.

Girardi disclosed the location of the game --Staten Island -- who Jeter faced -- a pitcher from the short-season Class A affiliate -- and what exactly the captain did. Jeter took eight at-bats, ran from first to third and second to home, and took ground balls at shortstop. If he's feeling good Sunday morning, he will be in New York's lineup at shortstop, Girardi said.

"It's obviously someone we've been waiting for for a long time," the manager said. "We had him for one day. We won that game, so hopefully his ratio continues."

Jeter began the season on the disabled list after breaking his ankle in the 2012 American League Championship Series. He returned for one game on July 11 and went 0-for-2 with an RBI groundout before straining his right quad, an injury that placed him back on the DL after the All-Star break. Saturday was the first day he was eligible to return.

Girardi said designated hitter Travis Hafner will head to the DL with a shoulder injury, so Jeter's return could be the corresponding move.

The simulated game was part of Jeter's rehab process for the quad injury. There was concern that the Yankees rushed their captain back from his ankle injury, so this time, they're making sure he'll be ready.

"You can be in great shape, but playing shape's a little bit different because you're getting used to standing around, starting and stopping, so we had to do all that," Girardi said. "As of right now, he came out very well. So we'll see how he feels tomorrow."
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286126 Jul 27, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Nova threw well. TB lineup is hitting well over their weight and stats have a way of evening themselves out...sooner or later it will be the Rays fans lamenting 'what happened to the bats'
Nova's building value, Cashman would listen but I doubt he would let him go unless he gets cheap contracts on arb in return, unless of course Hank and Hal overrule him which seems to be the case.
Odd I've never seen a GM be so open to say he wasn't behind a trede as often as Cashman thisthis year...wonder what not standing united says about his future in NY
Lol I don't think Cashman will let Nova leave..... Who knows what he is thinking.....

Rays and Os are playing well in the second half of the season..... As much as I hate the Rays I rather have them in first instead of the Sox..... Their bats have finally caught up with their pitching.... It's nice to have depth....

Sox and Os send Dempster and Feldman to the hill as we speak.... Sox bats better wake up because Os are creeping closer and closer to 2nd which is a great thing....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286127 Jul 27, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter's simulated game Saturday was clouded in secrecy, but after the Yankees' 1-0 loss to the Rays, manager Joe Girardi revealed some details, including one big one: The shortstop could rejoin the Yankees on Sunday.
Girardi disclosed the location of the game --Staten Island -- who Jeter faced -- a pitcher from the short-season Class A affiliate -- and what exactly the captain did. Jeter took eight at-bats, ran from first to third and second to home, and took ground balls at shortstop. If he's feeling good Sunday morning, he will be in New York's lineup at shortstop, Girardi said.
"It's obviously someone we've been waiting for for a long time," the manager said. "We had him for one day. We won that game, so hopefully his ratio continues."
Jeter began the season on the disabled list after breaking his ankle in the 2012 American League Championship Series. He returned for one game on July 11 and went 0-for-2 with an RBI groundout before straining his right quad, an injury that placed him back on the DL after the All-Star break. Saturday was the first day he was eligible to return.
Girardi said designated hitter Travis Hafner will head to the DL with a shoulder injury, so Jeter's return could be the corresponding move.
The simulated game was part of Jeter's rehab process for the quad injury. There was concern that the Yankees rushed their captain back from his ankle injury, so this time, they're making sure he'll be ready.
"You can be in great shape, but playing shape's a little bit different because you're getting used to standing around, starting and stopping, so we had to do all that," Girardi said. "As of right now, he came out very well. So we'll see how he feels tomorrow."
Yeah I posted that without all the fluff.

More important is Nix, the guy who actually can play SS, looks like he passed his rehab...

Jeter is a waste of a roster spot, he can't run, and only in the lineup to sell tickets, he appeals to the tissue way we were crowd and the same fans who enjoy NASCAR just to see the eventual crash so they can say they were there when Jeter went down for good.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286128 Jul 27, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol I don't think Cashman will let Nova leave..... Who knows what he is thinking.....
Rays and Os are playing well in the second half of the season..... As much as I hate the Rays I rather have them in first instead of the Sox..... Their bats have finally caught up with their pitching.... It's nice to have depth....
Sox and Os send Dempster and Feldman to the hill as we speak.... Sox bats better wake up because Os are creeping closer and closer to 2nd which is a great thing....
Nova's gaining value, Hughes has little as a rental, not many other trade chips. You could float Logan but he's worn out...

Besides anything subtracted today you have to replace.

The Rays don't have depth. Repeating Jimi's empty taunt isn't very bright.They lose any position player and they have nothing to replace them with. They are hitting above their weight and that won't last. Their starters are unreal and that might last.They were a 500 team then exploded. Hard to keep a quick pace.

Os arent creeping anywhere...Sox aren't sliding...Rays unreal July just shot them past...maybe theyve peaked...

Anyway you look at it the Sox haven't had to add anything of value bar Thorton all season and he cost them nothing .

So now they can spend, and if they were comfortably in first they probably wouldn't so the Rays in the long run might not have done themselves a favor.

Sox have to get the Baltimore monkey off their back though.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286129 Jul 27, 2013
Cubs Listening On Jeff Samardzija

The Cubs are listening on offers for Jeff Samardzija, but the asking price is "high as expected", a source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). The forward-thinking Cubs aren't likely to part with the promising young hurler, but they're at least open to the idea of getting blown away by an offer.

Theo knows the Sox prospects as he aquired the big chips, and we all know Theo protected them like gold, look at the lengths he went to get Rizzo back...

might be a fit for the Sox, guys under control forever...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286130 Jul 27, 2013
Sox sitting on Feldman ...30+ pitches thru the second inning...

work him hard then roll him.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286131 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah I posted that without all the fluff.
More important is Nix, the guy who actually can play SS, looks like he passed his rehab...
Jeter is a waste of a roster spot, he can't run, and only in the lineup to sell tickets, he appeals to the tissue way we were crowd and the same fans who enjoy NASCAR just to see the eventual crash so they can say they were there when Jeter went down for good.
Say what you want t say about Jeter, but he is one of the best players ever.... Sox would have killed to have a player such as him.....
Misery loves company I see..... Your Sox are in their fall like everyone said they would.... You better stop your taunting before it gets worse... Lol....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286132 Jul 27, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Say what you want t say about Jeter, but he is one of the best players ever.... Sox would have killed to have a player such as him.....
Misery loves company I see..... Your Sox are in their fall like everyone said they would.... You better stop your taunting before it gets worse... Lol....
What Jeter WAS doesn't mean squat for what he IS today.

Sox aren't falling at all...Os same number of games behind... Rays surging is all.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286133 Jul 27, 2013
Feldman 43 pitches in 2 1/3...bat control the key to hitting, watch the Sox unload on him.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286134 Jul 27, 2013
Hey Hey Sox finally score...Yanks fans boasting that would never happen ever again or some crap like that...well thats a little overboard...

AH well Sox usually win when they score first
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286135 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Sox aren't falling at all...Os same number of games behind... Rays surging is all.
You are just shots at him while he is in the tail end of his career..... I understand though because he is what a baseball player should be.... People that disrespect him are haters, hacks and just don't like baseball.....

Sox up 1-0..... Don't start beating your chest.... Lol.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286136 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol all I have to say is you better hope and pray they win the World Series..... If they don't you already know what's going to happen......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286137 Jul 27, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> You are just shots at him while he is in the tail end of his career..... I understand though because he is what a baseball player should be.... People that disrespect him are haters, hacks and just don't like baseball.....
Sox up 1-0..... Don't start beating your chest.... Lol.....
I'm taking shots at him because he has no right to be on the field.

He's just there to sell tickets to the back-slappers....he's done.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286138 Jul 27, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol all I have to say is you better hope and pray they win the World Series..... If they don't you already know what's going to happen......
Huh? What the Red Sox have to win a WS this year? Why?

If they contend and fail they reload and go again.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286140 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Huh? What the Red Sox have to win a WS this year? Why?
If they contend and fail they reload and go again.
Huh? Are you kidding me?..... Every good teams goal is to win the World Series....The Sox have a good team.... All year long you have been raving about them......

Im sorry but if you don't win it's a fail.... Winning is everything in sports and if you have a opportunity to win you better do it..... If you don't think they can win then it seems like you are putting on a front of how confident you are in them.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286141 Jul 27, 2013
Sox opening it up on Feldman now 4-0
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#286142 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm taking shots at him because he has no right to be on the field.
He's just there to sell tickets to the back-slappers....he's done.
That's a lack of respect on your part.... A lot of people don't need to be on the field, but they are there and there is nothing we can do about it.....

Sox up 4-0.... Thank God they aren't in first place anymore....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#286143 Jul 27, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Huh? Are you kidding me?..... Every good teams goal is to win the World Series....The Sox have a good team.... All year long you have been raving about them......
Im sorry but if you don't win it's a fail.... Winning is everything in sports and if you have a opportunity to win you better do it..... If you don't think they can win then it seems like you are putting on a front of how confident you are in them.....
Don't try and rub that winning it all or you fail BS. No one had the Sox in first or with the best record in baseball for 2 months.

They have played over expectations which of course makes me happy. I thought they would press a WC spot but thats it. I think they will win the division if they make a decent trade.

Its your 'If they don't you know what is gonna happen' line that puzzles me...Sox arent the Yankees ...they didn't morgage their future for one banner and now pay the bill for 3 years and counting

The Sox farm is loaded and they have cash on hand...and that won't change...

Fans like you should learn a lesson that that attitude of yours and your team is setting you up for years of failure....because the Yankees haven't won a thing in years and won't for anytime in the near future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 3 min El Nemo the Brill... 3,243
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 10 min Whiny1 11,158
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min positronium 52,894
I need help from the biggest city in America 1 hr Vote Please 1
Hey Liberals, still excited about inner city lo... 1 hr Wash DC 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 35,588
Does Baltimore need more Starbucks? 2 hr jimi-yank 3
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Enough 18,942
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]