Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285364 Jul 19, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/ml b/story/_/id/9491885/derek-jet er-new-york-yankees-placed-dis abled-list
Jeter to the DL
its been that kind of year for our yankees..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285365 Jul 19, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>
No money to spend
No talent to trade
Think 1982-1994......and it's gonna be great
snds like the Mets since 1986 - 2013 and counting...How's big Ike doing since he came back from Las Vegas about 4-30...Mets getting the plane ready.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285366 Jul 19, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankee arrogance. The 'we can buy any player we want' line gone then the 'wait till the A team gets back' line gone
now the 'we don't lay up' line...
foolish. Clean house now or its a repeat of Burnett Jackson and Kennedy and Ibanez...
Pay someone else to play him, give up your future for the now and don't pine what you have is better than what someone else throws away...
Wait and the value is lost.
They're walking right into it...smiling and waving flags for Mo...
Yanks with 27 Championships last in 2009 and you post this stupid sh it...jealous moronyou and Momma...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285368 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah? What stat catagory O and D did Cano come across better than Cano?
Pedy takes most. Except for the population stat. Which is why Cano is there. Cano NEVER wins a GG when Pedy is full season.
Or an MVP Period.
All real Bseball fans know and have knowd for years that Cano is the best second baseman in baseball you jealous little hack...grow up ya dope!
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285369 Jul 19, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text>All real Bseball fans know and have knowd for years that Cano is the best second baseman in baseball you jealous little hack...grow up ya dope!
"knowd"? Did you "knowd" Cano never won a ROY? Did you "knowd" Cano never won an MVP? Did you "knowd" Cano never won a GG unless Pedy is injured?

Guess you and your "baseball people" don't "knowd" much
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285370 Jul 19, 2013
Jeter to the DL...gee who didn't see that coming...

Lillibridge replacing him...ironic the guy the Sox got in exchange for Youk...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285371 Jul 19, 2013
Rangers hanging on to Garza trade...thought they would go there...

Sox still looking at CWS pitchers...I predicted they covet Peavy if the price is right...

Buch's injury a mystery...no structural damage...just sore muscles...they can go get a starter or hang with the kids, Workman's 7 inn no no was great but is it gonna be repeatable?

time will tell...

Doubie vs Petttuttte...won't tell ya who I like in this one...but you can guess...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285372 Jul 19, 2013
Jeter to the DL...gee who didn't see that coming...
Lillibridge replacing him...ironic the guy the Sox got in exchange for Youk...
Pettitte vs Doubront tonight...... Someone may not make it past 4 innings......

Pettitte is 2-3 with a 5.35 ERA over his last six starts, and opponents have hit .320 against him in those games...... Doubront has given up only three or more earned runs twice in his past 11 starts......

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#285373 Jul 19, 2013
Rangers hanging on to Garza trade...thought they would go there...
Sox still looking at CWS pitchers...I predicted they covet Peavy if the price is right...
Buch's injury a mystery...no structural damage...just sore muscles...they can go get a starter or hang with the kids, Workman's 7 inn no no was great but is it gonna be repeatable?
time will tell...
Doubie vs Petttuttte...won't tell ya who I like in this one...but you can guess...
Back to the BIG CITI for me, feels like I never left after the 4 day all-star festivities.....Rays,Jays and Sox decimated with injuries the first half all almost healthy, Baltimore is Baltimore....which means the juicekees downward spiral to the basement will continue and what a thud it will be...looking forward to the Mets 2nd half as they'll continue to play well building for 2014 and beyond....I can't wait

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#285374 Jul 19, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Pettitte vs Doubront tonight...... Someone may not make it past 4 innings......
Pettitte is 2-3 with a 5.35 ERA over his last six starts, and opponents have hit .320 against him in those games...... Doubront has given up only three or more earned runs twice in his past 11 starts......

New champ for tna. Great show last night.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285375 Jul 19, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Pettitte vs Doubront tonight...... Someone may not make it past 4 innings......
Alot of people wonder if this is Pettutte's exit year along with Mo...

Kinda quiet subject eh?

Well 4 IPs...seems to be the number being tossed around...I think he'll go alright but the Sox will score on him. I think he goes 6 off the long rest
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285376 Jul 19, 2013
Whoop Bailey's shoulder is blown out...he's done for the year...lousy trade... Never never never trade with OAK for pitching I've said for years....

Crain and Peavy will be getting their tyres kicked.

Interesting stat here:

the Red Sox are 20-14 since Buchholz's last start.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285377 Jul 19, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Back to the BIG CITI for me, feels like I never left after the 4 day all-star festivities.....Rays,Jays and Sox decimated with injuries the first half all almost healthy, Baltimore is Baltimore....which means the juicekees downward spiral to the basement will continue and what a thud it will be...looking forward to the Mets 2nd half as they'll continue to play well building for 2014 and beyond....I can't wait
Sandy take a call from Ben on Parnell yet?

I don't know how to even that out, think maybe Rubby De La Rosa's name gets picked again. Or youre looking at another Cenneci brother.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285378 Jul 19, 2013
Well at least Bailey went down with a fight:

Via the presser: Bailey essentially blew out his shoulder and stayed in the game to strike out Cespedes.

He's done. 12 month rehab or more...done.

Possibly for good. Shame his body never matched his potencial.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285379 Jul 19, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Back to the BIG CITI for me, feels like I never left after the 4 day all-star festivities.....Rays,Jays and Sox decimated with injuries the first half all almost healthy, Baltimore is Baltimore....which means the juicekees downward spiral to the basement will continue and what a thud it will be...looking forward to the Mets 2nd half as they'll continue to play well building for 2014 and beyond....I can't wait

Keep lying tman. Shall I repost you admitting you don't live in ny? Or go to citi? I doubt if you still fool dw. Then again. Maybe.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285380 Jul 19, 2013
Speaking of masking injuries, heard a rumor BOONE LOGAN's elbow is hanging by a thread....

Thats on Cashman; he should have more LH relief.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285381 Jul 19, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
New champ for tna. Great show last night.
Lol there he is..... How is everything brother? Hope all is well with you and the family....

Omg Sabin as the new champ is great to see.... Coming back from 2 acl injuries and his size.... Also Cena vs Daniel Bryan.... Punk vs Lesiner..... Sounds like a good Summerslam so far.....

Yanks and Smackdown tonight..... Boston here comes the evil empire as they call us lol.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285382 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Alot of people wonder if this is Pettutte's exit year along with Mo...
Kinda quiet subject eh?
Well 4 IPs...seems to be the number being tossed around...I think he'll go alright but the Sox will score on him. I think he goes 6 off the long rest
Never quiet on any subject.....As for this maybe being his last year.who knows...... He's 41 and it's been showing most of this year....

Douboubt will get some runs scored on him to keep it close I think.... Love this rivalry..... Bad thing is that I have to see all those Sox fans lol......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285383 Jul 19, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol there he is..... How is everything brother? Hope all is well with you and the family....
Omg Sabin as the new champ is great to see.... Coming back from 2 acl injuries and his size.... Also Cena vs Daniel Bryan.... Punk vs Lesiner..... Sounds like a good Summerslam so far.....
Yanks and Smackdown tonight..... Boston here comes the evil empire as they call us lol.....

Watch vickie become gm of smackdown. Orton will beat del rio.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#285384 Jul 19, 2013
..........Jeff PassanLike0Follow0.Yahoo! Expert....Sources: Red Sox, Dustin Pedroia talk lucrative extension
27 minutes ago
....Email0Share27
......The Boston Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia are discussing a contract extension that would make him the game’s highest-paid second baseman and could keep him with the team he has come to embody into the next decade, major league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

While one source said the parties still must bridge a gap in both dollars and years, both sides are motivated to strike a deal. The general framework of the contract could call for an annual salary in the $20 million range for a contract lasting five or six years – somewhere in the vicinity of the six-year,$100 million extension signed this offseason by Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria, sources said.

Good. Have a clause in the contract that he has to motivate the minor leaguers for the rest of his life as well. Guy is all guts. Having perhaps his best year all around with a torn ligament in his thumb.

MVP if the Sox finish well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 min jimi-yank 45,650
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 min Alyssa76 17,297
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 17 min Guinness Drinker 4,780
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 48 min John-K 316,300
Carrie Toletedt Best Banker In America..Wells F... 48 min PlottmasterAM 1
Wassermann Shultz DNC Pakistan treasonous Collu... 58 min Plotts 1
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 2 hr Minister of Infor... 3,046

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages