Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Derrick Geezer

Florham Park, NJ

#285054 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Lol. All is good. Thanks. Hope all is good for you and your town.
The aroid saga and mlb is gonna be interesting.
As for momma his comedy is every post. Soon its football camp and his moronic rexie and the jests posts. The clown bus is back!
MLB doesn't want Arod, Braun, and Bosch thing to detract from the all-star game; but afterwards Arod can chase bimbos full-time.

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#285055 Jul 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing my point. NYY had 4 established SP's going into 2011. No need to spend for a front end SP when a 5th SP like Garcia was available which was the need at that time. There was no need to trade prospects for a 5th SP. As for Colon, he signed a minor league deal. He wasn't looked at as a SP until HR Hughes was discovered to have a dead arm...
Reason Hal spent on Youlikis for 1 season was due to the ARod injury that was discovered in January after Martin signed with PIT on Dec 1. Ichiro & Wells are on 2 year deals all pointing to Hal's mandate of being under $189 million for 2014...
What makes you think Cashman didn't try to talk Hal into signing Martin?...
Martin slighlty better offensive stats (power numbers), dfensive stats very close also.

Agree the loss of Youk and Texeria are the reason for the Yanks ranking near last for offensive production from 3b and 1b whcih are key historical numbers of importance.

Both of the position drops were keys to FuGraphs revision of Yanks winning 95 games vs current projection of 90 games.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#285056 Jul 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin slighlty better offensive stats (power numbers), dfensive stats very close also.
Agree the loss of Youk and Texeria are the reason for the Yanks ranking near last for offensive production from 3b and 1b whcih are key historical numbers of importance.
Both of the position drops were keys to FuGraphs revision of Yanks winning 95 games vs current projection of 90 games.

you can never project injuries or length of time when you get them...

Washington, DC

#285057 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
you can never project injuries or length of time when you get them...
As sound mathematically as FuGraphs(Patent Pending) is projections on injuries can change the expected results. I’ll send you my latest models adding Jeter and Granderson for later this month. I also tested some results for Michael Young and Hunter Pence if the Yanks get one of them in a trade.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285058 Jul 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
As sound mathematically as FuGraphs(Patent Pending) is projections on injuries can change the expected results. I’ll send you my latest models adding Jeter and Granderson for later this month. I also tested some results for Michael Young and Hunter Pence if the Yanks get one of them in a trade.

Thanks. Always look forward to accurate info.

Washington, DC

#285059 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Thanks. Always look forward to accurate info.
Too funny, Jeters first at bat he gets a hit and the crowd goes crazy.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285060 Jul 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

tight game, 4-3...even romine got in the action with a key double and rbi...

great to see the crowd react to derek...its on mlb tv...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285061 Jul 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

14 intentional walks for cano.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285062 Jul 11, 2013
Overbay! Another clutch hit! Yanks 5-4. Almonte clutch hit 6-4!!!!! 2 out hits.

Washington, DC

#285063 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Jeter going to the right side the at bat before moving the runner over to third.....the important little things that have been missing.

Washington, DC

#285064 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
Overbay! Another clutch hit! Yanks 5-4. Almonte clutch hit 6-4!!!!! 2 out hits.
Andy settled down but gets the hook now. Giradi wants this one in front of the pumped up crowd.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285065 Jul 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeter going to the right side the at bat before moving the runner over to third.....the important little things that have been missing.

I agree. Hit, run scored and rbi. Good first day.

Washington, DC

#285066 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
All the players on the field look a little more alert, chests pumped out etc now that the Captains back.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285067 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
good for jeter and it looks like a 8-4 win for the yanks..big game as we split the series after being down 0-2...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285068 Jul 11, 2013
Yanks get a Win...Jeter gets a hit and an RBI, first game since last year...Petitte gets win #7..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#285069 Jul 11, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> good for jeter and it looks like a 8-4 win for the yanks..big game as we split the series after being down 0-2...

great to see the captain back...you know its a happy squad....good win, and alot of 2 out key hits...clutch at bat day.

outfield made some great catches also...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285070 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
great to see the captain back...you know its a happy squad....good win, and alot of 2 out key hits...clutch at bat day.
outfield made some great catches also...
as you say a very good day for our yankees...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#285071 Jul 11, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
not a big surprise who wants to pitch to him one of the best hitters in the game and nobody in the lineup in back of him...

Washington, DC

#285072 Jul 11, 2013
You can't make this stuff up....incredible.

Jeter removed from Yankees win with tight quad, will have MRI
By DAN MARTIN and JOEL SHERMAN

Last Updated: 4:44 PM, July 11, 2013

Posted: 1:45 AM, July 11, 2013

PAUL J. BERESWILLDerek Jeter grounds out in the fifth inning,

Derek Jeter made his long-awaited season-debut for the Yankees Thursday and while he had an infield single and an RBI in the 8-4 win over the Royals, he was removed for a pinch hitter in the eighth.

"His right quad tightened up a little bit and I said,'Alright, you're done.' We hope it's not much, but we won't really know until tomorrow," manager Joe Girardi said.

Girardi said that the shortstop will have an MRI exam on the injury.

Prior to that, it was just like old times at Yankee Stadium, with Jeter returning from a twice-fractured left ankle and Andy Pettitte surviving long enough to win his second consecutive start.

Jeter, who served as the DH, beat out a slow grounder to third in the first inning and came around to score on Vernon Wells’ sacrifice fly.

In the sixth, Jeter grounded out to short to drive in Luis Cruz, but only jogged to first and was replaced by Brett Gardner in the eighth. Girardi said it had nothing to do with the injured ankle.

PHOTOS: JETER RETURNS TO YANKEES

While Jeter’s arrival provided the day’s biggest storyline, Lyle Overbay came up with the biggest hit.

After his grand slam in Wednesday’s win, Overbay came through again with the bases loaded Thursday, this time with a two-run single in the fifth that gave the Yankees a 5-4 lead.

Jeter, though, still had the spotlight.

Read more: Jeter removed from Yankees win with tight quad, will have MRI - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/jeter_...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#285073 Jul 11, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> as you say a very good day for our yankees...
Very good day for the Yanks and their fans..... Jeter is the man and haters don't like that at all..... 2 wins in a row and a split......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min cpeter1313 320,311
Russia's "Dead Hand" Protects N Korea 12 min USA now 3rd world 12
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr Carlos 15,207
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Carlos 45,794
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,151
News 'Life estate' doesn't prevent selling a house (Mar '08) 2 hr DonnaC 49
News High-flying photog's parents fight Instagram fo... 3 hr Boycott Instagram 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 19 hr NEMO 5,738

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages