Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284888 Jul 9, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are keeping track. Hey how did your predictions on the Yanks and Sox do last weekend?
I had 2-1 Os and 2-1 Sox so I was 2 games out of 6 off...both games coin flips if I recall...

So I was .660 on the weekend
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#284889 Jul 9, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1 for 6? sounds familiar....
better line than Jeter's 3 rehab games: Jeter has gone 1-for-6 with four walks and one strikeout at the plate
lol jeter got over 3000 hits I don't worry about him....How many hits does Big Ike have...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284890 Jul 9, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
For those of you out there in topix who only understand English let me translate.
BOTH MIDDLEBROOKS AND IKE DAVIS ARE BUMS.
Theyre no David Adams or Juan Cruz....

Both Ike and Wil actually have a future and value.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#284891 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
He can hit flat out, he just needs an adjustment to how pitchers have adjusted to him.
Who can't hit kids?
Arod
Jeter

Aroid can't hit anymore. Give jeter more then 6 at bats.

Ike can hit for average? He was hitting 161. That's pathetic.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#284892 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Joba to the Phils for Ruiz. Walk year for walk year...the sweetener will be the real deal...

Ruiz is an improvement.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#284893 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
He can hit flat out, he just needs an adjustment to how pitchers have adjusted to him.
Who can't hit kids?
Arod
Jeter
Iglesias BA is dropping fast wont take him long to get back to his comfort zone....220 or something like that.

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#284894 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I had 2-1 Os and 2-1 Sox so I was 2 games out of 6 off...both games coin flips if I recall...
True, you would say that. But a normal person would say you were 0 for 2.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284895 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Hard to get support from that lineup when James Shields is on the mound....
Yanks have pushed him around pretty hard (7-15 in 27 starts) when they had some bats, think its payback time and he ownes this one.
Then RHP Ivan Nova vs. RHP Wade Davis
Nova needs the run support see how he backs off a CG...
Then LHP Andy Pettitte vs. RHP Ervin Santanaa
Santana has reinvented himself as a GB pitcher...fair results
Depends on one thing whether the dead bats of KC out dead bat the dead bats of the NYY to see if they can actually split this series
Sox shouldn't have any excuse even though they are playing on the road...... Most of the Sox players are hitting good this year so far.......

Ellsbury .301..... Nava.296....Pedroia.320.... Ortiz.318...... I expect them to get some runs tonight.... Maybe...... Runs can come when you think they won't.......

Webster, Doubront, Dempster for the Sox the next three games....... Some have done ok since Buch.went down..... They really need them to step up now.....

Washington, DC

#284896 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Theyre no David Adams or Juan Cruz....
Both Ike and Wil actually have a future and value.
Difference is ole objective Fu was not spewing nonsense Adams and Cruz are any good either.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#284897 Jul 9, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Sox are are in a little funk right now...... Division is tightening up..... Webster on the hill..... That 5 game lead could shrink before the allstar game.....
lets not forget Webster and his 7.88 era, to be fair his era in the last 16 innings is 6.06 and his AHW is 14.9..
even the light hitting mariners should have some fun...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#284898 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>

Didn't you predict an oriole sweep? 2 of 6 is a 333 avg in games correct. Honestly I think you were vague at one point claiming the sox own the angels and the orioles swept the yanks.

Honestly. Big deal. I know you did not like the results or the sox 1-3 so far on the road.

It could get worse in oakland. Should be ok now in seattle
American

Taguig, Philippines

#284899 Jul 9, 2013
I love the mets

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#284900 Jul 9, 2013
Just read from espn that braun refused to answer ped questions from mlb on june 29th. Arod is questioned next week. Rumor is after the all star game arod braun and over 20 players suspended.

Washington, DC

#284902 Jul 9, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ruiz is an improvement.
Why would the Philies trade him for Joba? Lol...Joba could go to some other NL team in contention perhaps for "a player to be named later" is about all.

Joba will sign a one year deal with some small market team next year on the cheap so he can be a starter. For Youk's sake its not in the same league he is in.

Speaking of Aroid, the Phillies and bad contracts. The Phils are on the hook until 2017 for Howard and his $25 million a year contract also. Who's got the worse albatross?
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284903 Jul 9, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> lets not forget Webster and his 7.88 era, to be fair his era in the last 16 innings is 6.06 and his AHW is 14.9..
even the light hitting mariners should have some fun...
Lol yeah he may not make 5 innings tonight.... Mariners are ranked fourth in home runs in the AL..... That 7.88 ERA could jump.higher after tonight.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284904 Jul 9, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Didn't you predict an oriole sweep? 2 of 6 is a 333 avg in games correct. Honestly I think you were vague at one point claiming the sox own the angels and the orioles swept the yanks.
Honestly. Big deal. I know you did not like the results or the sox 1-3 so far on the road.
It could get worse in oakland. Should be ok now in seattle
I did predict that the losses may come with this 10 game road trip...

Angles, Mariners and then As?.....Wow..... Sox are just so so on the road.... They won't have a 5 game lead over the Yanks before the break.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#284905 Jul 9, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Philies trade him for Joba? Lol...Joba could go to some other NL team in contention perhaps for "a player to be named later" is about all.
Joba will sign a one year deal with some small market team next year on the cheap so he can be a starter. For Youk's sake its not in the same league he is in.
Speaking of Aroid, the Phillies and bad contracts. The Phils are on the hook until 2017 for Howard and his $25 million a year contract also. Who's got the worse albatross?

How about pujols and hamilton with the angels? You're right off course about howard. Horrific contract.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#284906 Jul 9, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

PHI has a $10 million option on Howard in 2017 so it softens the blow...

Didn't think there was a doubt which team got the worst of those deals. At least NYY won't be paying those $6 million bonus for 700, 714, 763...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#284907 Jul 9, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
How about pujols and hamilton with the angels? You're right off course about howard. Horrific contract.
Think it's early to say LAA got hosed on the Hamilton contract. Pujols is a $250 million DH...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#284908 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Might be but I think they tried to depower his swing and work the average up.

Very similiar to Middlebrooks.
Middlebrooks? Wasn't his swing supposed to be fixed by now?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min BamBam 64,700
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min June VanDerMark 341,462
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 22 min jimi-yank 47,561
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 39 min 2 Dogs 1,875
We VS We (Nov '09) 46 min 2 Dogs 2,977
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 10 hr Maude 7,517
jets talk back (Dec '07) 16 hr jimi-yank 16,243

New York Jobs

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages