History Guy

AOL

#284358 Jul 1, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> and the mets are????
Where do the Mets come into this? He was talking about the Yankees.
It's starting to look like 1965.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#284359 Jul 1, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
Yanks lose, fall into 4th...another night of the dead bat society.
Look baltimore a very good team who will most likely win the AL East...yanks had some chances and the CC game hurt..anyway on to Minny and hopefully start turning this around..Been looking at a WC since the season began nothing really changed, Machado playing outstanding as I said he would, Davis killed us this series and Tilmn 10-2...Bucks Boys sure look like the cream of the Division no fluke here won 93 games last year...

“Mickey Mantle”

Since: Aug 08

565 foot home run ball

#284360 Jul 1, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some in this...a good site with none of the crapola from the 2 who stalk...might be a site to join.
wink wink...who could Fu be I wonder?
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#284362 Jul 1, 2013
History Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do the Mets come into this? He was talking about the Yankees.
It's starting to look like 1965.
wheeler got that era up over 5...fits right in with the mets marcum goes today with his 1-9 record and and over 5 era...mets continue to stink 14 games out of 1st place with a strong chance to lose 100 games this year..
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#284363 Jul 1, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Great day in Mets land today. Zack a little nervous with all the scouts in attendance today. Sandy is in the drivers seat as far as any trades go. Not sure Cargo is enough for Zack. Rockies will have to give up more for the 2nd best young pitcher in the game today. I also want to get in on the bet. Juicekees will be in last place by the all star break where they will remain for the rest of the year. Jimbo still fooled I see...LMAO!
Idiot wheeler couldn't last 5 innings as the nats scored 5 earned and chased him, 89 pitches ya dope...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#284364 Jul 1, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot wheeler couldn't last 5 innings as the nats scored 5 earned and chased him, 89 pitches ya dope...

"idiot" says it all...wheeler for cargo...lmfao..as if the rockies are that stupid..

its going to be funny when wheeler is not traded as momma implies...

another wrong blockbuster...0-7 years and counting...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284365 Jul 1, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
wink wink...who could Fu be I wonder?

hmmmmm...

“Mickey Mantle”

565 foot home run ball

#284366 Jul 1, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were Cashman (and glad I'm not), I'd look to sell all I can off the 25 man roster IF NYY is near 10 games out of the postseason standings come late July...
This may be the season where all the evidence points to breaking this up & to start the rebuilding process. Every MLB team has to go through this at some point. The current CBA doesn't give NYY the opportunities to buy something as it did from 1995-2009...
Looking at 2014 Yanks have contract committments of

Aroid $28 million (goes down to $20 million from 2015 to 2017.
Texeria 23.1 million
CC 23 million.
Jeter $6 million (player option)
Wells $2.3 million
Ichiro $6 million

thats $88.3 million

The following players are arb eligible or yankees own rights totaling $30 million...thats $118.3 million for 2014.

David Robertson
Brett Gardner
Shawn Kelley
Ivan Nova
Adam Warren
Eduardo Nunez
Micheale Pineda
Francisco Cervelli
Eduardo Nuenez
David Phelps
Austin Romine
Preston Claiborne
Brennan Boesch

Assuming Yanks have a cap of $189 million that leaves the Yanks with $70.7 million to sign Cano, Kuroda and other FA"s in 2014 so its not all the gloom and doom its made out to be.

But its addios for
Hughes:
Chanblerin.
Hafner
Granderson
Youkilis
Riveria
Pettitte
Logan (should resign)
Overbay
AJ Burnett ($8.5 million)
Soriano ($1.5 million)

“Mickey Mantle”

565 foot home run ball

#284367 Jul 1, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some in this...a good site with none of the crapola from the 2 who stalk...might be a site to join.
They can't post their usual nonsense in this site since there is a moderator.
History Guy

Rockville Centre, NY

#284368 Jul 1, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> wheeler got that era up over 5...fits right in with the mets marcum goes today with his 1-9 record and and over 5 era...mets continue to stink 14 games out of 1st place with a strong chance to lose 100 games this year..
So I guess the only way to argue over the recent poor performance of the Yankees is to compare them to the Mets? I'm shocked you didn't remind that Met fan that the Yankees have won 27 World Championships.
"The stated mission of this franchise is to win the World Series, anything less is failure." Michael Kay
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#284369 Jul 1, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at 2014 Yanks have contract commitments of

Aroid $28 million (goes down to $20 million from 2015 to 2017.
Texeria 23.1 million
CC 23 million.
Jeter $6 million (player option)
Wells $2.3 million
Ichiro $6 million
thats $88.3 million

The following players are arb eligible or yankees own rights totaling $30 million...thats $118.3 million for 2014.

David Robertson
Brett Gardner
Shawn Kelley
Ivan Nova
Adam Warren
Eduardo Nunez
Michael Pineda
Francisco Cervelli
David Phelps
Austin Romine
Preston Claiborne
Brennan Boesch

Assuming Yanks have a cap of $189 million that leaves the Yanks with $70.7 million to sign Cano, Kuroda and other FA"s in 2014 so its not all the gloom and doom its made out to be.

But its adios for
Hughes:
Chamberlain.
Hafner
Granderson
Youkilis
Rivera
Pettitte
Logan (should resign)
Overbay
AJ Burnett ($8.5 million)
Soriano ($1.5 million)
On the 2nd list, no player outside of Robertson & Gardner can be counted on to contribute consistently. Both Robertson & Gardner should receive significant raises for next season...

You're assuming Jeter will opt-in. Don't see Jeter signing for less that $10 million next season regardless what happens this season...

Agree Logan should be resigned. Think they should offer Joba a multi-year deal at reasonable dollars. Give HR Hughes a QO for the pick. Let Granderson walk. FA list for 2014 has no impact player outside of Cano. Not much regarding SP's on the open market as teams have signed their best SP's long term...

To date, prospects like Austin & Heathcott having ordinary seasons @ Trenton. Earliest both may be ready is 2015. J.R. Murphy may be a late season call up to NYY...

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp...

“Mickey Mantle”

565 foot home run ball

#284370 Jul 1, 2013
History Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess the only way to argue over the recent poor performance of the Yankees is to compare them to the Mets? I'm shocked you didn't remind that Met fan that the Yankees have won 27 World Championships.
"The stated mission of this franchise is to win the World Series, anything less is failure." Michael Kay
Ok Mr Met, the Yankes have won 27 World Series Championships and been in the post season 50% of the time since 1923.

"The stated mission of this franchise is to win the World Series, anything less is failure."...fuManChu

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284371 Jul 1, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't post their usual nonsense in this site since there is a moderator.

A moderator? There goes the vulgar taunts. No juicekees in there or phony threats. That takes out 3 posters from signing up.

“Mickey Mantle”

565 foot home run ball

#284372 Jul 1, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
On the 2nd list, no player outside of Robertson & Gardner can be counted on to contribute consistently. Both Robertson & Gardner should receive significant raises for next season...
You're assuming Jeter will opt-in. Don't see Jeter signing for less that $10 million next season regardless what happens this season...
Agree Logan should be resigned. Think they should offer Joba a multi-year deal at reasonable dollars. Give HR Hughes a QO for the pick. Let Granderson walk. FA list for 2014 has no impact player outside of Cano. Not much regarding SP's on the open market as teams have signed their best SP's long term...
To date, prospects like Austin & Heathcott having ordinary seasons @ Trenton. Earliest both may be ready is 2015. J.R. Murphy may be a late season call up to NYY...
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp...
Agree with most of your points about the players on the 2nd list although all are still young. Noticing you rightley picked the more senior players on the list who are Arb eligible as the more consistent producers.

Sweeney, Clairborne, Cervelli and Nuenez contribute. Pineda, Nova, Warren and Phelps are young starters. You can never have enough of those.

Been talking up in this forum for a couple of seasons now the GLARING weakness on the Yankees is a young 5 tool OFer. And to me it still is.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#284373 Jul 1, 2013
History Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Michael Kay a Yankee official/Officer ya dope.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#284374 Jul 1, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with most of your points about the players on the 2nd list although all are still young. Noticing you rightly picked the more senior players on the list who are Arb eligible as the more consistent producers.

Sweeney, Clairborne, Cervelli and Nunez contribute. Pineda, Nova, Warren and Phelps are young starters. You can never have enough of those.

Been talking up in this forum for a couple of seasons now the GLARING weakness on the Yankees is a young 5 tool OFer. And to me it still is.
Not sure what Sweeney & Clairborne are at this point. Cervelli &
Nuñez don't stay on the field long enough to show what they are or can be. Nova is consistently inconsistent. Phelps is all about location. If he's not hitting his spots, his secondary pitches don't get outs. Pineda is the key for the long term...

Look no further than to Damon the Dope Oppenheimer for the reason there is no 5 tool position player in the NYY system...

“Mickey Mantle”

565 foot home run ball

#284375 Jul 1, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what Sweeney & Clairborne are at this point. Cervelli &
Nuñez don't stay on the field long enough to show what they are or can be. Nova is consistently inconsistent. Phelps is all about location. If he's not hitting his spots, his secondary pitches don't get outs. Pineda is the key for the long term...
Look no further than to Damon the Dope Oppenheimer for the reason there is no 5 tool position player in the NYY system...
Damon the Dope Oppenheimer?
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#284376 Jul 1, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Damon the Dope Oppenheimer?
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/fan_forum/...

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#284377 Jul 1, 2013
WOW I just got the results of the All-Star voting for the minor league 'Futures Game' at the BIG CITI. Congratulations to Single A player Brandon Nimmo being voted in, it's very very rare that a Single A player goes to the Futures game in fact it's only the 3rd time...of course he'll be joining future Cy Young winner Rafael Montero and flame thrower Noah Syndergaard. The Mets system is boiling over with young talent. I can't wait till 2014 and beyond

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#284378 Jul 1, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its freefall. writers. players,fans, managers, executives, owners are all scrambling for a quick fix.
I know it from last year. "we’re definitely in striking distance," said manager Joe Girardi.
Sounds like BobbyV... anyway it was coming and it won't stop this season and possibly next. I hate to say told you so..but wait a sec..no after all the crap I've taken in here I don't actually hate saying 'I told you so'.
So lets see how good a GM, the guy you were all saying was a genius at the season's hailed start,lets see how good a GM Cashman really is.
My guess a hail mary trade then the FOR SALE sign gets put on the roster.
As always you were dead on accurate.....They have no money to spend No talent to trade, think 1982-1994, and it's gonna be great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 12 min Doug77 11,417
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 13 min Nemo the Ladiesman 3,932
jets talk back (Dec '07) 41 min Jet Fans IQ Zero 10,721
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 10,031
There must be someone better than Hillary 1 hr Voter 1
Talkback talkback 1 hr On the air 1
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 3,881
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 35,749
More from around the web

New York People Search