Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284196 Jun 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Just reporting what I read. Actually had no idea either was.
Not sure what it even means for the Yanks...realistically both Arod and Jeter project as DHs this season...

Sure having Jeter back would give them a charge but you know what I mean...in actually production vs roster spots I'd have both in Tampa taking reps at 1st base...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#284197 Jun 28, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What no answer on what the Yanks could offer the Sox on Stephen Drew? He's on a rehab contract, and can still play though he hasn't really been 100% this season. Nix is servicable at 3rd. Drew would be a fit ...no? yes?
Fenway is too small for Hughes or Joba. So whats the offer?
Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Yanks sign him next season.

wtf...did you just cut and paste my name with no post? still playing the game...

actually, I did not really pay attention to the drew comment..yanks do not need another 220-230 hitter on board...

joba and hughes will go west..bigger stadiums. just my thought

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284198 Jun 28, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> How do you think Webster is going to do tonight?..... Jays are playing great...... Hopefully they can take 2/3 from the Sux..... We shall see...... I give the Sux credit because they have been battling......

dell!!!!

tna dude...did you like the diva match? mickie james and your girl friend..lol

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284199 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Not sure what it even means for the Yanks...realistically both Arod and Jeter project as DHs this season...
Sure having Jeter back would give them a charge but you know what I mean...in actually production vs roster spots I'd have both in Tampa taking reps at 1st base...

since the current dh is batting 220 or so, they would be a huge upgrade.

and either could play third.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284200 Jun 28, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> That's good news.because at the moment we need all run.support we can get lol..... It would be great to see my boy Jeter back..... A Rod, not so much because he should turn in his pinstripes..... C.C on the hill tonight against the Os.....
Tna was good last night..... My wife Velvet was upset because she lost..... Mickie kicks ass though...... Aries is awesome and Joe is with the Mafia?....... That's kinda surprising..... Tazz was singing the Hardcore Country song lol......

did you hear the rumor of taz to wwwe?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284201 Jun 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
While FuGraphs (Patent Pending) is based on advanced mathematic formulas the game is played by human beings.
An honest debate and open mind is the key to any true sportsman. What I like about posting with you and great guys like Don is we don't always have to agree. I show praise for the opposing teams and players etc.
Wow....momma just sent me a PM for a free trial to FuGraphs(Patent Pending)

of course he would, junior is gone and he is in the Carolinas judging...plenty of free time on his hands..anyone falls for the citi lie is a dope.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284202 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I want to see Webster have more focus into how he uses his pitchs, keep the rythem he showed after getting smacked around.
Thats all. A win would be nice...but in reality getting the kid comfortable is what this is about...Verlander...then JJ? well thats not much of a comfort zone...
If youve actually watched the full range this kid can chuck you'd be impressed homer or not.
Webster settled down after given up four runs against the Tigers...... I hate to say it, but I.think he is going to pitch well tonight...... He is still young and stepping in for Buch is a huge step...... Lots of pressure.......
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284203 Jun 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
dell!!!!
tna dude...did you like the diva match? mickie james and your girl friend..lol
Lol she hurt my wife pretty bad last night..... I wanted to.shed a rest with her also..... She is so hot dude lol..... Tazz coming back to WWE?...... For the money?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#284204 Jun 28, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Webster settled down after given up four runs against the Tigers...... I hate to say it, but I.think he is going to pitch well tonight...... He is still young and stepping in for Buch is a huge step...... Lots of pressure.......

good honest post...going up against a jay team that can crush the ball? maybe not tonight...although the jays back on a losing streak..
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284205 Jun 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos, I give you credit for admiting Sox made mistakes with those trades.
Happens to all the teams that try to imporove themselves.
You didn't ask Momma to ask for my FuGraphs(Patent Pending) data did you? I'd give it to you to if you ask in a PM. I'll even waive the fee.
What's good Master Fu lol..... Game time in 5 mins....... Yanks shorthanded like always, but we can make up some ground with.this series and the Sux possibly losing to the red .Jays......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284206 Jun 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos, I give you credit for admiting Sox made mistakes with those trades.
Happens to all the teams that try to imporove themselves.
You didn't ask Momma to ask for my FuGraphs(Patent Pending) data did you? I'd give it to you to if you ask in a PM. I'll even waive the fee.
Trading Coco Crisp wasn't a mistake.Sox owed him more than his value at the time and they had Ells to lead off and play CF.And Timlin was blowing up and they needed RH relief.

As far as FoolGraphs is concerned waiving the fee is nice but you still can't offer me enough money to waste my time or send me spyware....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284207 Jun 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
wtf...did you just cut and paste my name with no post? still playing the game...
actually, I did not really pay attention to the drew comment..yanks do not need another 220-230 hitter on board...
joba and hughes will go west..bigger stadiums. just my thought
no it was a new page and the post wasn't directed at me and I wanted to direct the question at you.

Drew isn't a 220-30 hitter down the line but he knows as soon as Middlebrooks figures it out Iggy gets his job...

mind you Drew never really did much after the concussion so I'll accept your disinterest.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284208 Jun 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good honest post...going up against a jay team that can crush the ball? maybe not tonight...although the jays back on a losing streak..
Jays are making this division race even tougher and more pressure filled...... Could be the toughest divisions in the MLB....... I know it's early, but wow all the teams are .500 or more......

Webster has some upside to him....... No one should expect him to be lights out automatically despite all the hype lol......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284209 Jun 28, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Webster settled down after given up four runs against the Tigers...... I hate to say it, but I.think he is going to pitch well tonight...... He is still young and stepping in for Buch is a huge step...... Lots of pressure.......
I think Webster is gonna be somebody.

Hope the Sox do the right thing by him and I think Farrell is the guy...can't imagine what that idiot Valentine would have done to him last year...

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#284210 Jun 28, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What's good Master Fu lol..... Game time in 5 mins....... Yanks shorthanded like always, but we can make up some ground with.this series and the Sux possibly losing to the red .Jays......
Yanks need some wins baby!! Go Yankees!
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284211 Jun 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose it comes down to not Webster but if JJ shows up
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284212 Jun 28, 2013
Yanks lead 1-0...... Cano with a single......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284213 Jun 28, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Jays are making this division race even tougher and more pressure filled...... Could be the toughest divisions in the MLB....... I know it's early, but wow all the teams are .500 or more......
Webster has some upside to him....... No one should expect him to be lights out automatically despite all the hype lol......
I was hoping the Jays would be stuck in suck for a few more weeks and fire sale the team...oh well

Bonus for the Yanks who got in half their games against them when they sucked...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#284214 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I was hoping the Jays would be stuck in suck for a few more weeks and fire sale the team...oh well
Bonus for the Yanks who got in half their games against them when they sucked...
Lol come on now...... You play who is on the schedule and a win is a win...... I'm sure you wasn't complaining when the Sux beat up on the Rockies lol......

Also it's way to early and you never know what teams will get hot at the end of the season...... We are it every year.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#284215 Jun 28, 2013
Webster's roping in his fastballs sitting mid 90s and using the changeup not working the curve or cutter in yet...

Jays jumping at him...they watched the Tigers tape

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 10 min NEMO NOONE 11,280
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 24 min Paul Yanks 40,889
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 32 min SweLL GirL 15,817
Hillary can't win 1 hr Tom Clancey 4
Obama's own words 1 hr American citizen 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 1 hr Joi C 25
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 2 hr jimi-yank 728

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance