Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#283932 Jun 25, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> don't give me could have would have lots of yankee fans didn't want him signed because of the opt-out and the way Boras handled it...I believe the boston 3rd baseman was available at the time for one...Don't confuse tex with arod as boston wanted him but the yanks out bid themselves on Arod..And please leave Georges dead ass alone, don't try to blame him Hank and Hal's signing...
So the reason NYY fans didn't want ARod resigned was the way the opt-out was handled? Did NYY fans such as you want ARod to fail during the 2009 post season?...

Mike Lowell? A dead pull hitter at YS? Please...

Who's blaming anyone? Would be naive to think that the sons would have made a $275 million decision without getting their father's thoughts. If Hal didn't have this $189 million mandate for 2014, his contract would be a non-issue...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#283933 Jun 25, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanks will not be sellers at the trade deadline this year. They are still in contention for the AL East crown. There is no perfect team in the east in 2013, everyone has holes but none as glaring as the Yankees age.

Offer qualifying contracts to Grandy, Hughes and Joba. No way bring back Andy and his 20 starts for $15 million. Overbay, Hafner, Stewart...adios. Rivera is retired and Aj Burnett is off the payroll. Jeter wants to come back it should be for peanuts also.

Rotation will be CC, Pineda, Nova, Phelps and TBA. Montgomery gets called up for the bullpen and Robertson gets the first nod to try and replace Rivera as closer.

Think Cashman likes to play the "go ahead and sign my FA" game and will draft college ball players who can be put easily into AA ball.
Arod is better then what they have and there is not much better out there top trade for.
Don't NYY being sellers though if someone offered up something useful for Granderson, think he gets moved...

Agree on offering qualifying offers to HR Hughes & Joba. Would let Granderson walk. He may sign the qualifying offer. Too costly to keep if Hal stick to his $189 million mandate. Where does Granderson play with Wells & Ichiro signed for 2014 at low dollars? Don't see Jeter playing for "peanuts."

Too early for me to say if Pineda is part of the rotation. Mongomery looks to need more time in AAA based on his numbers @ SWB. Lots can happen between now & 2014...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/play...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#283934 Jun 25, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't NYY being sellers though if someone offered up something useful for Granderson, think he gets moved...
Agree on offering qualifying offers to HR Hughes & Joba. Would let Granderson walk. He may sign the qualifying offer. Too costly to keep if Hal stick to his $189 million mandate. Where does Granderson play with Wells & Ichiro signed for 2014 at low dollars? Don't see Jeter playing for "peanuts."
Too early for me to say if Pineda is part of the rotation. Mongomery looks to need more time in AAA based on his numbers @ SWB. Lots can happen between now & 2014...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/play...
Didn't montgomery have a good 2012 in triple aaa? Think nuno and rameriz make the squad. If almonte continues to perform they may have solved one problem. Cervelli needs to come back and put romine back in the minors asap.

If cano goes expect next year to be worse. No kuroda? Who knows what tex will do. Ichiro and wells regress more? Scary thought. If I was cash make this year work.

Now please tell me what jeter gets. No way some 15 mil contract. He might not be able to consistently play the field.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#283935 Jun 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Didn't montgomery have a good 2012 in triple aaa? Think nuno and rameriz make the squad. If almonte continues to perform they may have solved one problem. Cervelli needs to come back and put romine back in the minors asap.

If cano goes expect next year to be worse. No kuroda? Who knows what tex will do. Ichiro and wells regress more? Scary thought. If I was cash make this year work.

Now please tell me what jeter gets. No way some 15 mil contract. He might not be able to consistently play the field.
Montgomery was solid in A & AA. His numbers this season @ SWB look average. Time will tell with Almonte as it did with Adams. Romine does look to need more time @ SWB...

Wouldn't be surprised if NYY makes the same offer to Kuroda as they did this season. Scary thought is right regarding Ichiro & Wells...

Don't see Jeter's ego allowing him to be paid no less than $10 million base salary for next season, especially if he returns this season & shows he's can still play...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#283936 Jun 25, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Montgomery was solid in A & AA. His numbers this season @ SWB look average. Time will tell with Almonte as it did with Adams. Romine does look to need more time @ SWB...
Wouldn't be surprised if NYY makes the same offer to Kuroda as they did this season. Scary thought is right regarding Ichiro & Wells...
Don't see Jeter's ego allowing him to be paid no less than $10 million base salary for next season, especially if he returns this season & shows he's can still play...

well, isn't his option, 9.5mil??[jeter] key words, still play. what if he is a 260 hitter, part time dh and fielding regresses?

do the yanks give him 2 years? at 18 mil [total] or just hold him to the option...last deal was not a nice negotiation. jeter does not have a good year coming off the injury, I cant see it getting better, no matter how much they need him. cash will not pay 25 mil for 2 years. doubt that.

not asking you to guess money, as it depends on the year he has...

I do like nuno and rameriz however...I can see them on the squad next year. yanks have some late inning guys and some long guys and what appears to be 4 and 5 starters.

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#283937 Jun 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
well, isn't his option, 9.5mil??[jeter] key words, still play. what if he is a 260 hitter, part time dh and fielding regresses?
do the yanks give him 2 years? at 18 mil [total] or just hold him to the option...last deal was not a nice negotiation. jeter does not have a good year coming off the injury, I cant see it getting better, no matter how much they need him. cash will not pay 25 mil for 2 years. doubt that.
I do like nuno and rameriz however...I can see them on the squad next year. yanks have some late inning guys and some long guys and what appears to be 4 and 5 starters.
No way Jeter gets two years and I'm the biggest Jeter homer in here. If he was smart he'd excercise his $9.5 million option
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#283938 Jun 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>

Think Hal & Jeter go a year at a time going forward...

Sanchez, Austin & Heathcott keys to their offensive future...

Yankee Stadium

#283939 Jun 25, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
If Kuroda wants to still play ball in MLB he'll resign with the Yankees otherwise he'll sign and play back in Japan to end his career. Kuroda is old school.

Agree Romine should go back to AAA but overall he should some good things while he was up here.

Ichiro? There are worse OF's then him and he's till batting .270 and could get hot. Wells looks like a bust as an everyday OF. One more year of those 2 baby sitting until 2015 season when one of the Yankee OF prospects are ready is not the end of the world.

But Yanks are old.....not the offensive machine they were the past 15 years but then again the 1996 Yanks were not an offensive power house and won with pitching.

Pineda? Agree he has a lot to prove but if he's healthy watch out, he can flat out pitch.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#283940 Jun 25, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Hal & Jeter go a year at a time going forward...
Sanchez, Austin & Heathcott keys to their offensive future...

his option is 9.5 mil....a lot depends on the balance of this year...

12 mil to me is tops...but if he can pull a 300 year, who knows...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#283941 Jun 25, 2013
Yanks tie it up 3-3...... Nix with the homer......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#283942 Jun 25, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Yanks tie it up 3-3...... Nix with the homer......

3 yank homers..nix, haffner and gardner...no 7 for gards...having a great year.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#283943 Jun 25, 2013
momma hiding and judging...lurking

what is funny is how his pal rips judgings...yet fattie does it 24/7...

too scared to come out from under his filthy rock

but will come on late when no one is on, or if yanks lose...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#283944 Jun 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
3 yank homers..nix, haffner and gardner...no 7 for gards...having a great year.
Having a better years than you know who lol....... Well stolen bases count too lol...... This may go into extra innings......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#283945 Jun 25, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Having a better years than you know who lol....... Well stolen bases count too lol...... This may go into extra innings......

Ichiro...game winning homer...wow

and momma claimed rangers sweep...not so fast fatso...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#283947 Jun 25, 2013
Ichy with the game winner in the 9th...... Yanks win4-3....... Good win by the Yanks against a good Rangers team in my opinion....... Nix, Hafner, and Gardner with homers....... Someone is going to be hiding..... Go Yanks......
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#283948 Jun 25, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ichiro...game winning homer...wow
and momma claimed rangers sweep...not so fast fatso...
Lol once again momma with his fat sasquatch foot in his mouth..... 6 innings for.Kuroda 6.2 IP 5H 3R 2ER 1BB 6Ks 2HR..... I was glad the pen didn't let us down especially against this lineup......

Yankee Stadium

#283949 Jun 25, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Ichy with the game winner in the 9th...... Yanks win4-3....... Good win by the Yanks against a good Rangers team in my opinion....... Nix, Hafner, and Gardner with homers....... Someone is going to be hiding..... Go Yanks......
Huge win for the home town Yankees. Any notice Yanks beating big game pitchers in 2013 like Verlander, Hernandez and Darvish?

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#283950 Jun 25, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Huge win for the home town Yankees. Any notice Yanks beating big game pitchers in 2013 like Verlander, Hernandez and Darvish?
They havnt beaten Hernandez or Darvish...Liar

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#283951 Jun 25, 2013
Nice win for the first place best record in the AL Red Sox crushing Colorado

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#283952 Jun 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>They havnt beaten Hernandez or Darvish...Liar

I called the shot...coming on late at night when no one on...

coming out from under your filthy rock...as expected..judge and hide unless your buddies are here...

coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Into The Night 60,656
Tim Kaine Owned By Banking Interests 8 min Postgoof 2
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 2 hr Charlie Coupland 26
TRUMP to give Adress at Gettysburg ! 3 hr Gettysburg Address 5
GREAT WALL of MEXICO - PLAGIARIZED ! - China ! 3 hr Great Wall of Texas 3
TED CRUZ - The ONLY Republican with Integrity ! 3 hr Canuck Subs Sink 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zef 311,487
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr De Oppresso Liber 11,281
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 hr Paul Yanks 40,892

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages