Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#277622 Apr 21, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the breaking news. Once again, you may have broken the story before the mainstream sports media has
Im sure they have it now...Revis is very spiteful not thinking the Jets would give him permission to go and would give in to his demands...he'll twist it around making Woody out to be the bad guy...all Woodys ever done is re-negotiate every contract Revis wanted to break....but this one broke the camels back, wanting to become the highest paid defensive player in football making more then most QBs coming off an injury while still under contract was just to much to ask for. If the deal goes through the Jets D will be fine...in fact last year without him they were better then the year before with him....Rex makes that defense not Revis...

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#277623 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure they have it now...Revis is very spiteful not thinking the Jets would give him permission to go and would give in to his demands...he'll twist it around making Woody out to be the bad guy...all Woodys ever done is re-negotiate every contract Revis wanted to break....but this one broke the camels back, wanting to become the highest paid defensive player in football making more then most QBs coming off an injury while still under contract was just to much to ask for. If the deal goes through the Jets D will be fine...in fact last year without him they were better then the year before with him....Rex makes that defense not Revis...
Yea its just being reported now. You were an hour early on breaking this news on him. I've said this for a while now but CB's in todays NFL should not be among the games highest paid player. CB's and RB's I think are 2 positions that have gotten less important. Good QB's have too many options in the passing game so 1 CB isn't all too important. Jets need a better pass rush anyhow. SB calibur teams must have a franchise QB and a pass rush

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#277624 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure they have it now...Revis is very spiteful not thinking the Jets would give him permission to go and would give in to his demands...he'll twist it around making Woody out to be the bad guy...all Woodys ever done is re-negotiate every contract Revis wanted to break....but this one broke the camels back, wanting to become the highest paid defensive player in football making more then most QBs coming off an injury while still under contract was just to much to ask for. If the deal goes through the Jets D will be fine...in fact last year without him they were better then the year before with him....Rex makes that defense not Revis...

Good riddance,lol.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#277625 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:

Rex "its my best team ever" momma " its gonna be a great year". Lmao.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#277627 Apr 21, 2013
I have to find the post where some clown claimed tebow to the jags. For a first round pick.

Hmmmm. Who was that?

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277628 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>Yea its just being reported now. You were an hour early on breaking this news on him. I've said this for a while now but CB's in todays NFL should not be among the games highest paid player. CB's and RB's I think are 2 positions that have gotten less important. Good QB's have too many options in the passing game so 1 CB isn't all too important. Jets need a better pass rush anyhow. SB calibur teams must have a franchise QB and a pass rush
As it stands now Rex will take Wingo or Ansah with the first pick both rushing LBers, they'll probably go with Wingo who's more polished. This might be the first draft ever where 5 OL and DL men are taken with the top 5 picks....the g-men are leaning heavily towards Fluker from Alabama....Jets defense will be back in the top 5 this year Wilkerson and Coples will have huge years

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277629 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>As it stands now Rex will take Wingo or Ansah with the first pick both rushing LBers, they'll probably go with Wingo who's more polished. This might be the first draft ever where 5 OL and DL men are taken with the top 5 picks....the g-men are leaning heavily towards Fluker from Alabama....Jets defense will be back in the top 5 this year Wilkerson and Coples will have huge years
I never follow the NFL draft or bother to care which teams draft what. If you go back over the years, theres no evidence to support a 1st rd pick will be a good player. Look around the NFL and you'll see plenty of studs who were late rd picks or even undrafted. I look at the draft as 1 big crapshoot. Sure every now and then, a generational superstar comes along at #1 like a Peyton but thats rare. Excluding Peyton, the best 3 QB's in football are Rodgers, Brady and Brees. Rodgers was a late 1st rd pick. Brady a 6th rd pick and Brees a 2nd rd pick. And you can go postion to position. Nothing suggests a 1st rd pick will be better than a mid or late rd pick

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277630 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>I never follow the NFL draft or bother to care which teams draft what. If you go back over the years, theres no evidence to support a 1st rd pick will be a good player. Look around the NFL and you'll see plenty of studs who were late rd picks or even undrafted. I look at the draft as 1 big crapshoot. Sure every now and then, a generational superstar comes along at #1 like a Peyton but thats rare. Excluding Peyton, the best 3 QB's in football are Rodgers, Brady and Brees. Rodgers was a late 1st rd pick. Brady a 6th rd pick and Brees a 2nd rd pick. And you can go postion to position. Nothing suggests a 1st rd pick will be better than a mid or late rd pick
Great post and you're right on....this draft is all meat and potatos, no team changers....lots of good linemen and WR but no standouts....im loving this kid Conner Vernon from Duke at WR he's not flashy he's just smart and runs perfect routes the kid Terrence Williams from Baylor may also be a good one....the next team changer and no brainer 1st pick will be the animal from South Carolina in 2 years

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277631 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>I never follow the NFL draft or bother to care which teams draft what. If you go back over the years, theres no evidence to support a 1st rd pick will be a good player. Look around the NFL and you'll see plenty of studs who were late rd picks or even undrafted. I look at the draft as 1 big crapshoot. Sure every now and then, a generational superstar comes along at #1 like a Peyton but thats rare. Excluding Peyton, the best 3 QB's in football are Rodgers, Brady and Brees. Rodgers was a late 1st rd pick. Brady a 6th rd pick and Brees a 2nd rd pick. And you can go postion to position. Nothing suggests a 1st rd pick will be better than a mid or late rd pick
Let's not forget Dan Marino who was suspected of smoking weed his senior year...I think 7 QBs were taken before him....of course the slime known as the NY Press wants people to believe only the Jets passed on him...they bring it up every year at this time

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277632 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great post and you're right on....this draft is all meat and potatos, no team changers....lots of good linemen and WR but no standouts....im loving this kid Conner Vernon from Duke at WR he's not flashy he's just smart and runs perfect routes the kid Terrence Williams from Baylor may also be a good one....the next team changer and no brainer 1st pick will be the animal from South Carolina in 2 years
The NFL has done a masterful brainwashing job at fans like Jimi for thinking the draft really matters. It doesn't. Its just as likely this year that the Giants 2nd or 3rd rd picks will have a better career than their 1st rd pick. And that goes for every NFL team

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277633 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Let's not forget Dan Marino who was suspected of smoking weed his senior year...I think 7 QBs were taken before him....of course the slime known as the NY Press wants people to believe only the Jets passed on him...they bring it up every year at this time
I can add to that Marino story. It was 1983. Marino played college at Pitt. In 83, Terry Bradshaw was at the end of his career. Think he retired after the 83 season. Steelers were drafting in the 20's in the 1st rd and they even passed on him despite him playing college there. They even needed a QB and didn't take him. Shula drafting last, almost didn't want to take Marino because everyone else passed on him. Pats, Chiefs, Bills and Jets all passed on Marino taking other QB's. Marino before admitting drug use, was supposed to go 2nd after Elway. Every team passed on him. The Jets a few years later passed on Jerry Rice by taking another WR, Toon in the 1st rd

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277634 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>I can add to that Marino story. It was 1983. Marino played college at Pitt. In 83, Terry Bradshaw was at the end of his career. Think he retired after the 83 season. Steelers were drafting in the 20's in the 1st rd and they even passed on him despite him playing college there. They even needed a QB and didn't take him. Shula drafting last, almost didn't want to take Marino because everyone else passed on him. Pats, Chiefs, Bills and Jets all passed on Marino taking other QB's. Marino before admitting drug use, was supposed to go 2nd after Elway. Every team passed on him. The Jets a few years later passed on Jerry Rice by taking another WR, Toon in the 1st rd
The Jets will never apologize for taking the great Al Toon who was smart enough to get out of the game because of numerous concussions...ask anyone that knows football or has played in the NFL and all would agree if you put Al Toon in SF under that system his numbers would have been as good or better then Rices...probably better because unlike Rice Toon had no fear of going over the middle

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#277635 Apr 21, 2013
" The draft doesn't matter". The 2nd or 3rd pick will likely be better then the first.

Hmmm. The draft does matter then. And all gms who are successful work the draft well unlike the clown bus team.(8-8,6-10).

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277636 Apr 21, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
" The draft doesn't matter". The 2nd or 3rd pick will likely be better then the first.
Hmmm. The draft does matter then. And all gms who are successful work the draft well unlike the clown bus team.(8-8,6-10).
My point is who cares who the Giants or any team draft in the 1st rd. Or what position it is. Makes little difference. Look around the NFL and theres nothing to suggest players in the 1st rd have better careers than guys drafted in later rounds. This goes with all teams. Many of the top positional players were not the 1st guy drafted at this position. A few are but thats it. Start with your own team

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277637 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>The Jets will never apologize for taking the great Al Toon who was smart enough to get out of the game because of numerous concussions...ask anyone that knows football or has played in the NFL and all would agree if you put Al Toon in SF under that system his numbers would have been as good or better then Rices...probably better because unlike Rice Toon had no fear of going over the middle
I really don't know much about Toon or watched him play. All all time great WR's need to have a bonafide QB to get them the ball. I do know the Jets never had a capable QB in those days

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277638 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>My point is who cares who the Giants or any team draft in the 1st rd. Or what position it is. Makes little difference. Look around the NFL and theres nothing to suggest players in the 1st rd have better careers than guys drafted in later rounds. This goes with all teams. Many of the top positional players were not the 1st guy drafted at this position. A few are but thats it. Start with your own team
The guys a boob and buys into the NFL and ESPN selling the draft like it's a bigger event then the Super Bowl

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277639 Apr 21, 2013
Giants drafted JPP with their 1st pick in 2010. Guy is an absolute franchise pass rushing beast. However 4 DL were taken ahead of him including the Eagles taking a DE, which is the same postion JPP plays. Guy has 8 career sacks and just a very average player at best

Looks like Votto is back

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#277640 Apr 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>The guys a boob and buys into the NFL and ESPN selling the draft like it's a bigger event then the Super Bowl
Its amazing the ratings the NFL draft gets. Kudos to their marketing team to brainwash fans into thinking it means something

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277641 Apr 21, 2013
Giants drafted JPP with their 1st pick in 2010. Guy is an absolute franchise pass rushing beast. However 4 DL were taken ahead of him including the Eagles taking a DE, which is the same postion JPP plays. Guy has 8 career sacks and just a very average player at best
Looks like Votto is back
Speaking of baseball look for Nova to be lit up like a Christmas tree today

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#277642 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>Its amazing the ratings the NFL draft gets. Kudos to their marketing team to brainwash fans into thinking it means something
I just got a nice private message from one of my buddies in the Met forum he said a few of them had been fooled by jimbo and the fulosers multiple profiles but knew meth head paul was behind jack and tango they just didnt understand the connection he has with jimbo...they know all about meth head jimbo the fuloser and the multiple profiles now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Jun '10) 44 min _MrsB_ 25,972
Poll momma/t-man most embarrassing moments 1 hr Paul Yanks 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 10,523
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Whiny1 12,146
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr DILLIGAF 19,699
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Just Saying 5,621
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Paul Yanks 36,337
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages