Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#274484 Mar 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember first year I posted on Topix telling you about Wang's foot injury and how it could mess with his mechanics and promote further injury...and you crapped on he'd be a 20 game winner the next season...

good pitching? Well thats never injured pitching. Pineda has had a half season of good ball, then batters figured out he has no breaking ball and then injury then the Mariners hung him on the Yanks...why do you think its taken him so long to come back from TJ?
Pineda's injury is shoulder related, similar to Santana...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274485 Mar 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he is a recent pick up. did you think maybe the yanks want to try him out prior to putting him on the 40? its not like they had him for years
Sure try him out, dont make any moves on the 40,you could cut someone for good...Rapada and Logan might get better...but if your down both of your reliable LH pen arms come opening day ...youre in... well... in a word...f*%k#d
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274486 Mar 23, 2013
Think uber-utility Bill Hall is still in the unemployment line...guy plays 8 of 9 positions and with the Yankee depth at catcher he could be a lock for a 9th spot as well...

And at one time...he hit HRs

Swoop Cashy Swoop.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274487 Mar 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Pineda's injury is shoulder related, similar to Santana...
Pineda's injury is related to not being able to throw a breaking ball...and now he knows he has to throw a breaking ball.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#274488 Mar 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Lem's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, how can anyone go anywhere with only $5.00 on them ?.....I made a small fortune on Davidson yesterday afternoon and put it right back on Ohio State tonight , Timmy told me yesterday if Iona stays within 15 it'll be a moral victory. It's nice geting that kind of information from a coach.
Sounds like you're off to a great start already. I already invented something new for breakfast this morning called Vodkoffee so my day is off to a good start.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274489 Mar 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he has no money, does not gamble..its what is called a shout out for attention. they both do it and are frantic with mininal replies..
it eats up both of them. so, they are both going to extremes with the lies...I am holding back on a biggie and letting one sink himself..
as for momma...well, hope he enjoys the weather in the carolinas and being on disability. how he spends his $200 a week is fine with me.
Of course fatso has no money....all he gets is around $200 welfare checks per week as you said.....no money to blow on bets......fatso always talks out his fatass with bookies, predictions and GM's and coaches and what not......the forum is fully aware that both momma and unbiased brag all the time for stupid BS shout out attention....but I enjoy giving fatso shit over it anyway.....such a fat stupid clown its worth it.......just like the other idiot junior....acting as though Lem and Carlos would be apart of his fantasy league and how he got them drunk and then raked them both over the coals in picks....yeah in junior dreams......all bullshit as always........lmfao
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274490 Mar 23, 2013
Think uber-utility Bill Hall is still in the unemployment line...guy plays 8 of 9 positions and with the Yankee depth at catcher he could be a lock for a 9th spot as well...
And at one time...he hit HRs
Swoop Cashy Swoop.
Hall could be a good pickup in Boston.....Middlebrooks with his frail wrists....Pedroia with a bad foot.....what if Iggy gets hurt.....ya never know.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274491 Mar 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the wang signing. no loss and helps to have a guy in triple aaa who might have a little left in the tank. I saw spence and its obvious none of "see" what the great dw does...
but, i saw him get guys out and hit the ball weakly..as a situational lefty, and till boone and rapada come back, he can make it work. oh, for what its worth, have seen a good amount of rooks or young players make it and call the shot. it happens.
Yup....I think Wang has more then a little tank left.....only 32.....just has to stay healthy somehow......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274492 Mar 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yup....I think Wang has more then a little tank left.....only 32.....just has to stay healthy somehow......
I think CM Wang has a lot more tank left in him...afterall he's tanked the last 3 years.

Next week he's 33.

If he signed with any other team you'd call him a bum.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274493 Mar 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Hall could be a good pickup in Boston.....Middlebrooks with his frail wrists....Pedroia with a bad foot.....what if Iggy gets hurt.....ya never know.....
Sox have mlb tested IFers...Yanks got Nunez and are dumpster diving for corner IF...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274494 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I think CM Wang has a lot more tank left in him...afterall he's tanked the last 3 years.
Next week he's 33.
Not true....I wished Wang the best of luck when he was in Washington......its you who hesitates calling some players bums when they're proven to be just like Crawford.......give him 142M for 7 years like Boston did and he became an instant one.....same with Lackey 5 years 85M deal.....Beckett soon as he got his 5 year extension in beantown....boom same thing....give some players long term mega deals and that's what they become......contracts are guaranteed and players don't take care of themselves as much afterwards.....too bad MLB doesn't have NFL type contracts where as only the signing bonus is a guarantee.....I guarantee then players take care of themselves better then and there.....they don't like it 1 bit when their wallets take a hit.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274495 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Sox have mlb tested IFers...Yanks got Nunez and are dumpster diving for corner IF...
Yeah but how many SS have the sox had since Jeter became starting SS in NY in 96 like 20? also Middlebrooks....like Jed Lowrie and even Nomar have all had wrist type injuries with Boston......whats up with that pal?
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274496 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Next week he's 33.
Soon as someone goes to the Yanks or leaves the sox you are calling them bums......if the Dodgers were making a run at the WS without the Yanks in the way I'd be rooting for them to win it all.....why? because ex Yankee great Don Mattingly would finally have a shot at his 1st ring.....would you do the same for AG or Crawford if the sox weren't in the way?(I'd include Beckett but he has 2) hell no they're bums now cause they left Boston.....that's how it works with you pal......we've seen it plenty of times before on here.....I bet you felt the same way about your childhood idol Fred Lynn when he went to the California Angels.......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274497 Mar 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but how many SS have the sox had since Jeter became starting SS in NY in 96 like 20? also Middlebrooks....like Jed Lowrie and even Nomar have all had wrist type injuries with Boston......whats up with that pal?
Middlebrooks and Lowrie got hit with a pitch. Can't say that was related to the team they play for. Middlebrooks is hitting the ball all over the place this spring. When was the last time a Yankee IFer with his ceiling came up?

Jeter?

And today Jeter is grounding out in a minor league game. Doesn't matter what he was, Yankees have nothing at SS. Nunez is an error machine.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274498 Mar 23, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Soon as someone goes to the Yanks or leaves the sox you are calling them bums......if the Dodgers were making a run at the WS without the Yanks in the way I'd be rooting for them to win it all.....why? because ex Yankee great Don Mattingly would finally have a shot at his 1st ring.....would you do the same for AG or Crawford if the sox weren't in the way?(I'd include Beckett but he has 2) hell no they're bums now cause they left Boston.....that's how it works with you pal......we've seen it plenty of times before on here.....I bet you felt the same way about your childhood idol Fred Lynn when he went to the California Angels.......
Find one post anywhere where I call a player a bum, go on.....

Stop trying to rub off your own traits on me Pauly. It don't play

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#274499 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Find one post anywhere where I call a player a bum, go on.....
Stop trying to rub off your own traits on me Pauly. It don't play
WOW I just saw in here the Juicekees plucked Wang from a chinese restaurant ? Talk about desperation, moneys real real tight in the Bronx that's for sure, all of a sudden they dont look so smart without throwing millions more at players then other teams.....No money to spend, No talent to trade....Think 1982-1994
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274500 Mar 23, 2013
Big thanks to Pauly for pointing out a Red Sox organizational flaw...Farrell to address players this week: Subject? Don't get hit with a ball.

As I was red flagging emails on the subject noted former Yankee great Jesus Montero nearly knocked cold by a backswing in a ST game...

So in good faith I'll offer some advice to the Yankees: teach your catchers how to catch. Lining up where you will be struck no way as accidental as being struck by a ball, but hey every bit helps eh?

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#274501 Mar 23, 2013
Big thanks to Pauly for pointing out a Red Sox organizational flaw...Farrell to address players this week: Subject? Don't get hit with a ball.
As I was red flagging emails on the subject noted former Yankee great Jesus Montero nearly knocked cold by a backswing in a ST game...
So in good faith I'll offer some advice to the Yankees: teach your catchers how to catch. Lining up where you will be struck no way as accidental as being struck by a ball, but hey every bit helps eh?
When you have tudors like Posada and Girardi do you expect anything else ?.....Wish Jimbo would list that stable of young cathers they have, I used to love when he used to do that, how many do they have again ? 4-5 I forgot
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274502 Mar 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>WOW I just saw in here the Juicekees plucked Wang from a chinese restaurant ? Talk about desperation, moneys real real tight in the Bronx that's for sure, all of a sudden they dont look so smart without throwing millions more at players then other teams.....No money to spend, No talent to trade....Think 1982-1994
Cervelli signals for a number 2 and C-M Wang tosses him a beef in Broccoli sauce?

Naw really Wang pitched well in the WBC...against free swinging Australia and a depleted Japanese team (who actually won the game)

He might struggle to break a pane of glass propped up on home plate, but wtf...Yankees got a deal he made more in tips delievering little white boxes.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#274503 Mar 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>When you have tudors like Posada and Girardi do you expect anything else ?.....Wish Jimbo would list that stable of young cathers they have, I used to love when he used to do that, how many do they have again ? 4-5 I forgot
Theyre all the next best thing...next best thing Romine has caught a whopping 24 innings this spring. Next best thing Gary Sanchez has caught 3.

Expect JR Murphy to become the next next big thing...well at least until they get a new next best thing in the Gulf League...just you wait he'll be the next best thing or is that the next next next best thing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 4 min Citizen 2,536
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min jimi-yank 54,332
Ban lion hunting in New York City 38 min Oh well 3
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 40 min Harvey Wallstetter 12,170
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 42 min DAVID27 1,768
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 46 min DAVID27 1,936
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 53 min DAVID27 1,916
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 36,416
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages