Comments
268,841 - 268,860 of 306,120 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274380
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TOR #5 report:
Romero surrendered four runs on five hits while facing 18 batters in a minor-league game Thursday, walking five and striking out none, the National Post reports. Romero's struggles continued, as only 29 of his 64 pitches were strikes, but this time general manager Alex Anthopoulos and his top front-office aides were on hand to see the left-hander combust. When Anthopoulos was asked if the team was considering dumping Romero as the No. 5 starter, he said that it hasn't been discussed. "Obviously, we evaluate it start by start and so on," he said. "We haven't had any change of plans... but just like anything else, you constantly evaluate." (Thu Mar 21)
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274381
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BAL #5 report:

One of the worst pitchers in baseball in 2012, Jurrjens pitched so poorly at the season's start that, after four starts, he was sent to Triple-A Gwinnett. He pitched better there -- "better" being a relative term, as he had a 4.98 ERA and 4.85 strikeouts-per-nine innings ratio in 14 starts -- then turned in a mediocre 5.63 ERA and 1.38 K's-per-walk ratio in seven games (six starts) following a June recall before straining his groin and missing the rest of the year. Given a fresh start in Baltimore, Jurrjens will attempt to show he can revert to the ground-balling type he was for the 2008-09 Braves, when his ERA combined was 3.10. His underlying numbers don't exactly support that good an ERA, though, and in the AL East his margin for error decreases dramatically. He's a speculative AL-only choice, primarily if he's throwing well in March
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274382
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TBR #5 report:

Cobb fired five scoreless innings, allowing two hits and recording six strikeouts in Tuesday's exhibition against the Yankees.Cobb reportedly looked very sharp and in midseason form. The injury-depleted Yankees did not start very many regulars, but it does not take away from the fact that Cobb was very efficient and in control. He has his spot set in the rotation and is looking for a step forward this season for the Rays.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274383
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NYY #5 report:

News: Hughes (back) is scheduled to throw three innings in a minor league game Friday, the Star-Ledger's Andy McCullough reports.(Thu Mar 21)

Spin: A bulging disc in Hughes' back has been ailing the right-hander for more than a month, but he'll return to game action Friday. Barring setback, Hughes appears on track to join the rotation a week or two into the season.

ESPN Fantasy Projection: Hughes is entering a contract year, and we state that up front only because it's patently obvious that he'd be a more valuable pitcher in fantasy if he pitched almost anywhere other than Yankee Stadium. His problem (and it's an obvious one): He gives up way too many fly balls, with his 50.8 percent rate in 2012 and 48.9 percent rate from 2010 to 2012 combined both being the highest in the game. That's a dangerous thing to be in that venue, as evidenced by his career-high 1.65 homers-per-nine ratio in 2012 and 1.45 rate in 2010-12 combined, sixth worst in the game. In spite of that, Hughes has settled in as a respectable mid-staff fantasy choice, partly thanks to him being backed by the potent Yankees lineup, though he requires careful management in mixed leagues. He might kick up his performance a notch as he seeks his next payday, but understand that his circumstances dictate that he'll suffer untimely stinkers at any given moment.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274384
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey but great news...C_M Wang might want to be a Yankee...or a Bus-ee or a Rod Rider or whatever theyre calling Scranton these days:

Yankees GM Brian Cashman noted that the club has "some vacancies in the rotation at Scranton" and said that if Wang "was going to have to do a minor league deal somewhere, I think he would probably prefer it to be here."

Or he might remember how fast they ushered him out of town...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274385
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
And their payroll is? In NYC?


we are talking the mets here...the owners have been gun shy...how many good free agents signed? how much have they spent in one year. tell me when santana and marcum go, the lineup of starters. talk to me about the outfield...ss who does not hit or had one good year now isnt...a second baseman injury prone who cannot field. a 3rd baseman signed to a huge contract, injury prone..a first baseman who hits homers and no average. a closer with what background?

i would day, the 40 mil coming off is the tip of the iceberg being spent to turn this around.

i realize one who is close to the resident met fan who has claimed possible wild card for them the past few years is not gonna knock this team

but...they are in a division with the nats and braves...they will not come close to the hitting of either team and both have good staffs. i can see philly get old, look at doc. lee. utley..

but, they like to spend money. players like to go there.

gonna be a while till the mets catch up

logic says even if they spend get a few players, the rookie pitchers are not gonna all be aces in one year...

had everyone said, not the insane 2014 they are back and give it 3 years, i say hell yeah..

2014? I'll take that bet. not gonna happen.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274386
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

spring training counts when a sox player does good, a yankee team loses? really?

its spring training. kids from the minors are in the lineup. some teams have up to 45 players still in camp.

as for toronto, and baltimore, both i think have some issues.

balt had a super year. not impressed with the staff..will it happen again?

toronto picks up players from a team, miami that was buried in part from them. reyes will not last the season playing on that hard turf.

can both be great? yes...but can both fall flat, yes

as for the sox, lackey is back? lets see how it goes against regular players for a month.

sox success will be getting papi back quickly, lester, bucholtz and dempster being really good.

and, the kid bradley? hey, he does look good, but only saw him in one game. his stats are impressive. but, do you want him on the bench or playing everyday

put him in the minors, let him swing away. if gomes or victorino stink and are hitting 220-250 and its hurting the team, use him instead of gomes...but start him.

will bard be back? or was he ruined? not a smart move letting him get his way and be a starter. players do not run the team.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274387
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
Hey but great news...C_M Wang might want to be a Yankee...or a Bus-ee or a Rod Rider or whatever theyre calling Scranton these days:
Yankees GM Brian Cashman noted that the club has "some vacancies in the rotation at Scranton" and said that if Wang "was going to have to do a minor league deal somewhere, I think he would probably prefer it to be here."
Or he might remember how fast they ushered him out of town...
Great posting DW it's always a pleasure seeing you post your stuff all factual with a little humor....back to NY this morning, by the way I stopped and saw your Sox the other day and they look great, nice and loose this year.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274388
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great posting DW it's always a pleasure seeing you post your stuff all factual with a little humor....back to NY this morning, by the way I stopped and saw your Sox the other day and they look great, nice and loose this year.


they played in the carolinas??

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274389
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be racist. Asians play the game in its purest form: move the runners , control the ball.
Its a joke. You know I'm not racist. What do you call an asian playing baseball in America?

Disoriented

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274390
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great posting DW it's always a pleasure seeing you post your stuff all factual with a little humor....back to NY this morning, by the way I stopped and saw your Sox the other day and they look great, nice and loose this year.
Welcome back. I am looking forward to your next trip down here. I assume it will be your first visit to the Marlins new park?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274391
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
we are talking the mets here...the owners have been gun shy...how many good free agents signed? how much have they spent in one year. tell me when santana and marcum go, the lineup of starters. talk to me about the outfield...ss who does not hit or had one good year now isnt...a second baseman injury prone who cannot field. a 3rd baseman signed to a huge contract, injury prone..a first baseman who hits homers and no average. a closer with what background?
i would day, the 40 mil coming off is the tip of the iceberg being spent to turn this around.
i realize one who is close to the resident met fan who has claimed possible wild card for them the past few years is not gonna knock this team
but...they are in a division with the nats and braves...they will not come close to the hitting of either team and both have good staffs. i can see philly get old, look at doc. lee. utley..
but, they like to spend money. players like to go there.
gonna be a while till the mets catch up
logic says even if they spend get a few players, the rookie pitchers are not gonna all be aces in one year...
had everyone said, not the insane 2014 they are back and give it 3 years, i say hell yeah..
2014? I'll take that bet. not gonna happen.
Yeah well I know the Mets take a close second to you hating the Sox, but I think they hit a financial hurdle and discover a geat excuse to get the new CBA to work for them. They have $33m committed for 2014...no thats not a typo...$33m ....Thats $150m to spend to get near cap...or spend MORE the next year...

By some accounts they have 5 arms in the top 100 of all the minors...thats some chips
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274392
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jimi-yank wrote:
spring training counts when a sox player does good, a yankee team loses? really?
its spring training. kids from the minors are in the lineup. some teams have up to 45 players still in camp.
as for toronto, and baltimore, both i think have some issues.
balt had a super year. not impressed with the staff..will it happen again?
toronto picks up players from a team, miami that was buried in part from them. reyes will not last the season playing on that hard turf.
can both be great? yes...but can both fall flat, yes
as for the sox, lackey is back? lets see how it goes against regular players for a month.
sox success will be getting papi back quickly, lester, bucholtz and dempster being really good.
and, the kid bradley? hey, he does look good, but only saw him in one game. his stats are impressive. but, do you want him on the bench or playing everyday
put him in the minors, let him swing away. if gomes or victorino stink and are hitting 220-250 and its hurting the team, use him instead of gomes...but start him.
will bard be back? or was he ruined? not a smart move letting him get his way and be a starter. players do not run the team.
Is this yawner above in responce to me posting the prospects of the ALE #5s?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274393
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great posting DW it's always a pleasure seeing you post your stuff all factual with a little humor....back to NY this morning, by the way I stopped and saw your Sox the other day and they look great, nice and loose this year.
Too bad ol' David isn't around with his old chemistry debate...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274394
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Its a joke. You know I'm not racist. What do you call an asian playing baseball in America?
Disoriented
Oh ...ah...did you get the name of the Japanese player who took the standing K to end their WBC chances?

Cot Loo King

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274395
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad ol' David isn't around with his old chemistry debate...
David would argue your post before about the Mets having a commitment next year of $33mil as not a factor in a teams success since payroll isn't a factor in MLB. Imagine the Mets moving in to sign Cano next offseason? Have a good one on this Friday. I have a golf outing in a few. Can't wait

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274396
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ...ah...did you get the name of the Japanese player who took the standing K to end their WBC chances?
Cot Loo King
After reading and re reading this, I finally got it after pronouncing all these syllables in my head like 100 times

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274397
Mar 22, 2013
 
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What letting Posada not compete for the starting job he held for years was "classy"?
Letting him walk out on his team and selling the story to the press was "classy"?
Puting him in a game at 2nd base , rubbing the blowout in the opponant's face while they all guffawed was "classy"?
Let's see how classy he is with Jeter's DL year when Nunez proves once and for all he isn't a starting SS or when Jeter lets up routine groundballs because he can't play the position effectivly anymore.
This is a dumb post even from you, this shows and proves you do not have a shred of objectivity and lack the basic understanding of Baseball. You comments are once again inaccurate.

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274398
Mar 22, 2013
 
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they can be traded.
Prospects don't all have to become All-Stars. You'd know that by now if any of the Yankees prospects actually gave them a return.
Yet another inaccurate post from the forums joke. Yanks have not produced any prospects that have become All Stars.....ROLMFAO.

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274399
Mar 22, 2013
 
Jason Bay collects three hits, plays center field
by R.J. White | CBSSports.com

(12:53 am ET) Mariners outfielder Jason Bay spent nine innings in center field in Thursday's game against the Cubs and came through at the plate with three hits in four at-bats.

While Bay in center isn't a defensive alignment the Mariners want to rely on regularly, there's nothing wrong with getting a first-hand look on whether he could handle it on an occasional basis should the need arise. Unfortunately, he didn't have a ball hit his way, and he'll likely man center again on Friday so the team can see him in action.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Louis Slungpoo 45,893
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr Butch 83
If the Tea Party formed a Well Regulated Militia 2 hr Moonbeam 23
The Politically Correct Dictionary: The Defini... 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
Instagram follow chart of 2014! 4 hr Follow me at gonsteady 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 5 hr Pollys Opinion 14,414
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 6,370
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 5 hr LI Football fan 10,242
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••