Phoenix, AZ

#274455 Mar 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he pitched against the soxies and looked good...another good outing for him
he might be a triple aaa guy
good one, i forgot about him...
of course, dw will not like him...
Yeah he does looked real good and poised....think he will be headed to AAA as well.....his AA numbers weren't too bad at Trenton last year......114 IF 2.45 ERA 4-1 ratio of SO over BB 100-27.......of course DW won't like him.....he's not a Red sock.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274456 Mar 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he pitched against the soxies and looked good...another good outing for him
he might be a triple aaa guy
good one, i forgot about him...
of course, dw will not like him...
Nuno? I like the way the Yanks stashed him in the independant league for 6 games in 2011...whats that a roster cruch at A ball or is he a head case?

Still never pitched above AA, worked as a minor league starter and his frame doesn't warrent that...

Once again....not on the 40.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274457 Mar 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
cut him, spence looked good and pitched in back to back.
Spence reminds me of Rapada....with his sweeping sidearm delivery with late breaking action......almost looks like its gonna hit the LH batter......he looks good to me also......good pickup from the Pads....and he's also only 25.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274458 Mar 22, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the link Pauly...its just Joel Shermans wishful thinking that Aardsma might actually get a return. Then of course I think he proposed Aardsma for Boesch and the Yanks got both...so who knows...
I know it was Joel Sherman from the post Waldo....but MLB rumors took on the link......again just a rumor.....man you sound jealous and wanna fight all the time pal......did your kids beat you up again in a wrestling match at home or what? settle down man......
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274459 Mar 22, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah he does looked real good and poised....think he will be headed to AAA as well.....his AA numbers weren't too bad at Trenton last year......114 IF 2.45 ERA 4-1 ratio of SO over BB 100-27.......of course DW won't like him.....he's not a Red sock.....
I don't know anything about him but his AA numbers look solid...

Nice piece on him here:

http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/06/vidal-n...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274460 Mar 22, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Spence reminds me of Rapada....with his sweeping sidearm delivery with late breaking action......almost looks like its gonna hit the LH batter......he looks good to me also......good pickup from the Pads....and he's also only 25.....
Changes his armslot and telegraphs his pitch Pauly..that doesn't dictate well moving up
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274461 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about him but his AA numbers look solid...
Nice piece on him here:
http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/06/vidal-n...
Thanks for the link.....very good one indeed must of missed it....I read BBD allot.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274462 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Changes his armslot and telegraphs his pitch Pauly..that doesn't dictate well moving up
I only seen him pitch 1 inning thus far....his last one.....he looked pretty good to met of what I saw of him.....although I'm not big into side arm frisbee type pitchers.....I like overhand with full motion arms over the head deliveries like Andy Pettitte does for example.....allot of pitchers today have gotten away from that too bad.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274463 Mar 22, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I only seen him pitch 1 inning thus far....his last one.....he looked pretty good to met of what I saw of him.....although I'm not big into side arm frisbee type pitchers.....I like overhand with full motion arms over the head deliveries like Andy Pettitte does for example.....allot of pitchers today have gotten away from that too bad.....
Left handed junkballers work well in relief of fastball pitchers who don't rely on a changeup. If they do use the changeup then the lefty gets burned
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274464 Mar 22, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the link.....very good one indeed must of missed it....I read BBD allot.....
No prob and found out the baseball-ref page had his indy league stats posted between his Yankee stats by mistake...so not a head case
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274465 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Left handed junkballers work well in relief of fastball pitchers who don't rely on a changeup. If they do use the changeup then the lefty gets burned
Like Jim said and I agree.....Spence was a good pickup for the Yanks....pen seems to be in good order...I like Ramirez and Nuno as well on the horizon going to AAA.....I'm glad the Yanks are also giving Wang another chance in AAA nothing official yet....but he can be a bonus if he pitches well like he once did......his sinker looked pretty good and he was maxing out at 92......that shoulder capsule injury he had was a brutal one no doubt......good thing is he's only 32.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274466 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I still think the sox should put Bard back in the pen as a closer.....certainly would be the best one they have if they did.....guy throws hard and has good stuff.....just don't believe he has the stamina to be a starter......same goes for Joba......but Bard has better control of his pitches.....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274467 Mar 22, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Like Jim said and I agree.....Spence was a good pickup for the Yanks....pen seems to be in good order...I like Ramirez and Nuno as well on the horizon going to AAA.....I'm glad the Yanks are also giving Wang another chance in AAA nothing official yet....but he can be a bonus if he pitches well like he once did......his sinker looked pretty good and he was maxing out at 92......that shoulder capsule injury he had was a brutal one no doubt......good thing is he's only 32.....
I saw Wang pitch against the Aussies in the WBC and he didn't hit 90.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#274468 Mar 22, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I still think the sox should put Bard back in the pen as a closer.....certainly would be the best one they have if they did.....guy throws hard and has good stuff.....just don't believe he has the stamina to be a starter......same goes for Joba......but Bard has better control of his pitches.....
Naw Sox have Hanrahan and Bailey to close...Bard messed up his mechanics trying to implement 4 pitches... if Moralas and Breslow weren't injured he would be in AAA working it out.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#274469 Mar 22, 2013
Well I got the winning team all drafted for the 2013 fantasy baseball championship. Lem and Carlos crack me up. They've been fighting for the past 20 min of who is better, Verlander or Kershaw. After listening to these 2 morons, I think they'll finish just slightly better than Jimi and Bronto to avoid last place. I gotta go. Now they're debating who is better, Longoria or Wright in fantasy. Never should have gave these 2 lightweights that shot of tequila. I never should have offered my expertise with these 2. Never again
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274470 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I saw Wang pitch against the Aussies in the WBC and he didn't hit 90.
Yup.....I was just making up the shit he maxed out at 92 MPH......funny how did you know?

http://www.google.com/url...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#274471 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Naw Sox have Hanrahan and Bailey to close...Bard messed up his mechanics trying to implement 4 pitches... if Moralas and Breslow weren't injured he would be in AAA working it out.
Hanrahan 6 year average.......3.74 ERA 18 saves WHIP 1.387 although averaged 38 saves last 2 years and again that was in the NL a weaker hitting league and small market Pittsburgh who hasn't seen a real pennant race since the great Willie Stargell days and Kent Tekulve was their closer......Bailey last year for Boston was 1-1 7.04 ERA 6 saves 1.891 WHIP....average for his career is 2.47 ERA 31 saves 1.031 WHIP.......Guess as Yankee fan we are spoiled tee-hee MO averages 2.21 ERA 39 saves and an outstanding WHIP for over 18 years .960.....Soriano Last year was solid 2-1 2.26 ERA 42 saves WHIP 1.167.......

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#274472 Mar 22, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
Well I got the winning team all drafted for the 2013 fantasy baseball championship. Lem and Carlos crack me up. They've been fighting for the past 20 min of who is better, Verlander or Kershaw. After listening to these 2 morons, I think they'll finish just slightly better than Jimi and Bronto to avoid last place. I gotta go. Now they're debating who is better, Longoria or Wright in fantasy. Never should have gave these 2 lightweights that shot of tequila. I never should have offered my expertise with these 2. Never again
Ah yes the old double secret private forum fantasy baseball draft..

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#274473 Mar 22, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes the old double secret private forum fantasy baseball draft..
Those 2 drove me nuts tonight. Lem was especially nervous as this is the 1st time hes acting commish. He is most nervous about Bronto. He remembers how he cried last year over opponents having too many starts and him not being able to pick up players at 7pm Mondays due to him not being around a computer. But the funniest part of the night was when the check came. Carlos insisted on paying but his card got declined. Lem only brought $5 with him. He said he gets paid tomorrow. So I paid the tab. I haven't decided yet if I want to hang out with these 2 guys again. Lem got a parking ticket. He thought having diarrhea was an acceptable excuse to park in a handicap space

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#274474 Mar 22, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Those 2 drove me nuts tonight. Lem was especially nervous as this is the 1st time hes acting commish. He is most nervous about Bronto. He remembers how he cried last year over opponents having too many starts and him not being able to pick up players at 7pm Mondays due to him not being around a computer. But the funniest part of the night was when the check came. Carlos insisted on paying but his card got declined. Lem only brought $5 with him. He said he gets paid tomorrow. So I paid the tab. I haven't decided yet if I want to hang out with these 2 guys again. Lem got a parking ticket. He thought having diarrhea was an acceptable excuse to park in a handicap space
Lem's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, how can anyone go anywhere with only $5.00 on them ?.....I made a small fortune on Davidson yesterday afternoon and put it right back on Ohio State tonight , Timmy told me yesterday if Iona stays within 15 it'll be a moral victory. It's nice geting that kind of information from a coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Leonardo DiCarbono 63,552
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 33 min Comrade deBlasio 2,826
Ivanka Trump a bad neighbour: Residents 37 min IVANA LEG-UP 1
House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill 42 min Warrior WHY 1
TRAMP - Obamarama Tapped My Bathroom Cameras ! 1 hr POST No 3 6
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 1 hr Bookim Danno 1,334
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr rainmaker2016 17,801
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 1 hr Bookim Danno 2,919
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr TMAN_Mets 43,468
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 23 hr True 1,085

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages