Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271086 Feb 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
only a red sox homer fan will claim over 500, and better then the yanks, refuse to discuss in depth the great pick ups of napoli and the bad hip vs an all star gonzo...or gomes the guy who strikes out,a 240 hitter, horrible fielder and claim he was made for fenway..victorino who had a horrible year, the 3 or 4 number ones he claimed who all pitched like 5's...or bucholtz and his bad back, 3 managers in 3 year, francona and his book ripping to shreds the management of the sox and others, the supposed strong minor leagues that have done nothing to help the past 3 years. the great kalish we heard about over and over, injured
yet, bring up yank injuries, yank failures
its like an ostrich hiding his head in the sand...total bs...
Ive answered ever worthy point pointed at me, you haven't answered any of my criticisms of the current Yankee makeup. You question the reliability of my info and I back it all up.

So whose head is in the sand?

I don't want to slide back into your cesspool your dirty little game so you can talk baseball civily as Fu has done or you can keep talking your broken record crap and I'll ignore you like Pauly. You don't change. You don't educate yourself. You are intellectually incapable of holding a debate. Your opinion means nothing to me.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#271087 Feb 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Tito had to go unfortunatly. He knew it, ownership knew it. It was his time, nothing worse than someone hanging out at the party too long.
As I said last year Sox wanted Farrell, but Jays wanted Bucholtz a price they wouldn't pay. So they hired the Anti-Tito in Valentine. Because he would polarize players and fans. He was only there until Farrell's contract expired. Valentine expired first. So they pay with Aviles who the Sox didn't need.
I read the Francona book did you? Wasn't nearly as blazing as Torre's. My guess you read neither.

I have both. Read both and can and have posted info one can only if having the book. Regardless of your pathetic homer stance tito ripped the sox management and its sexy hires. Joe ripped players cash and almost anyone he could.

I wil agree his was a bitter book

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#271088 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Ive answered ever worthy point pointed at me, you haven't answered any of my criticisms of the current Yankee makeup. You question the reliability of my info and I back it all up.
I don't want to slide back into your cesspool your dirty little game so you can talk baseball civily as Fu has done or you can keep talking your broken record crap and I'll ignore you like Pauly. You don't change. You don't educate yourself. You are intellectually incapable of holding a debate. Your opinion means nothing to me.

Coming from a guy who claims he won't post me and does. A liar? Who ran out on his team last year after taunting yank fans? Get real.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271090 Feb 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, not so fast...
Don't understand why the uproar of Hal wanting a 1 season reset of the Luxury Tax (usually around $25 million or so). Last I checked, a payroll of around $189 million isn't chump change. The bigger savings could be the number form the RSP rebate in 2015 based on MLB team revenues for 2014 when a team is under $189 million. Think it's prudent for NYY to see what the benefit is given there's no 1 team that will dominate the AL East in 2013-2014...
As for Rupert, let's go back in time. He pressured Buddy Boy Selig to have MLB owners accept McCourt's offer that came with a truck load of debt. Remember Rupert was ready to renegotiate the MLB national contract for exclusivity of MLB broadcasts on FOX around 2005. There was no other suitor willing to bid what Rupert was willing to pay. Buddy Boy wasn't going to compromise the owners from getting all of Rupert's money...
Where Rupert got screwed was bringing in Bob Daly as a partner to run the organization. Daly was confrontational with players, agents and some of the MLB owners for what he considered out of control spending. Guess what, that's pro sports in North America. You usually overpay and hope the contract is justified...
Good to hear from you.
We're saying the same thing. Problem is that 189 number is heavily laden with long term contracts and they got another one in Cano pending. Thats a major slice of the pie. Doesn't help Yanks have not drafted well and the slot money and IFA slots where their deep pockets have held them an advantage are now closed. SO 189 is not a sustainable number. They are cashing in a coupon and will be facing it again within the decade.

And Rupe....he got a sweet deal with an option to consume YES. Hal maxs profits he could be planning to sell on the upside.

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#271091 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Well smart money is on CC afterall he's a #1 and Dempster will be on the back half of the rotation. Though if there is more than a reason the Yankees are letting on about scaling him back Dempsters reliability is why he got the contract and CC has had surgery 3 out of the 3 past seasons
271051 6 hrs ago
Judged:
<quoted text>
Last year I said the AL East was wide open and the Yankees wouldn't contend for a WS spot.
And I was right.
This year its open again and the Sox have depth, Yankees have none.
I'd pick the Jays as well except that Gibbons is a lousy manager and they are a team that couldn't win who picked up alot of players who couldn't win.
So its wide open.
Did you forget about Hafner?
Whats to remember about him? Less than 100 games total over the past 5 years and no glove?
Think you're under estimating Dempster. I think he'll either be the opening day starter or the #2 starter behind Lester. Probably 2 starter. Maybe I'm wrong but think the Sox use him in either the 1st or 2nd game of the season

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#271092 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Tito had to go unfortunatly. He knew it, ownership knew it. It was his time, nothing worse than someone hanging out at the party too long.
As I said last year Sox wanted Farrell, but Jays wanted Bucholtz a price they wouldn't pay. So they hired the Anti-Tito in Valentine. Because he would polarize players and fans. He was only there until Farrell's contract expired. Valentine expired first. So they pay with Aviles who the Sox didn't need.
I read the Francona book did you? Wasn't nearly as blazing as Torre's. My guess you read neither.
Of course he read neither book.

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#271093 Feb 23, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>hey buddy and good post. I just went back and noticed you did tell him about Ray. pay no attention to that dope Jimbo...LMAO
Thank you. I don't doubt Harley saw and recommended the movie though. Ray was a well done movie

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#271094 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course he doesn't post sports in a civil fair tone and is intellectually incapable otherwise. And uneducated. I agree as well. Problem is if you just ignore him, he will just continue to take shots at you unfairly
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#271095 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Good to hear from you.

We're saying the same thing. Problem is that 189 number is heavily laden with long term contracts and they got another one in Cano pending. Thats a major slice of the pie. Doesn't help Yanks have not drafted well and the slot money and IFA slots where their deep pockets have held them an advantage are now closed. SO 189 is not a sustainable number. They are cashing in a coupon and will be facing it again within the decade.

And Rupe....he got a sweet deal with an option to consume YES. Hal maxs profits he could be planning to sell on the upside.
Likewise. Hope all is well with you healthwise...

Think Hal & family realized they couldn't pay what Rupert could pay for NYY broadcast rights. Rupert wants the NY market for regional sports & is paying a premium for that. LAD getting an average of $275 million per season from TW. Rupert has no issue paying at least that for NYY broadcast rights...

As for Rupert taking ownership of all NYY assets the Steinbrenner family controls, the number starts with at least a 4 with lots of 0's following...

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#271096 Feb 23, 2013
What is this fascination for using hearts on a sports forum with men here. This isn't Sex in the City here
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271097 Feb 23, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Think you're under estimating Dempster. I think he'll either be the opening day starter or the #2 starter behind Lester. Probably 2 starter. Maybe I'm wrong but think the Sox use him in either the 1st or 2nd game of the season
I hope I'm underestimating Dempster because I hardly rate him at all.

A little early to project rotation for the Sox. Lackey showed what a year and a half off today could be.

>>The plan was for Lackey to throw one inning or 20 pitches Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays in Boston's Grapefruit League opener. He executed the plan to a T, recording three outs on 20 pitches, 10 of them for strikes. All but one of his pitches was a fastball, which was in the 88-89 mph range. His aim at the outset was a bit faulty. He walked the first batter, Ben Zobrist, on five pitches, gave up a first-pitch single to Desmond Jennings, and hit the next batter, Matt Joyce, with a pitch. A little too much adrenaline, perhaps?

"Definitely something," he said. "I got better when I got a little more tired. The ball started coming down a little bit. The first couple of hitters I was up in the zone.

"I was basically just going to throw all fastballs today, build up arm strength. I think I tried one changeup. It's definitely a little different from throwing on the side for sure."

Lackey struck out the next hitter, Jack Cust, and got out of the inning with a yield of just one run, which scored on a sacrifice fly by Rays second baseman Ryan Roberts.

"Results, that stuff I wasn't really concerned about," Lackey said. "I was just glad to be back out there, get things going in that direction. Next time out, I'll start working on a few other things."
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271099 Feb 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise. Hope all is well with you healthwise...
Think Hal & family realized they couldn't pay what Rupert could pay for NYY broadcast rights. Rupert wants the NY market for regional sports & is paying a premium for that. LAD getting an average of $275 million per season from TW. Rupert has no issue paying at least that for NYY broadcast rights...
As for Rupert taking ownership of all NYY assets the Steinbrenner family controls, the number starts with at least a 4 with lots of 0's following...
Thats a good price. I just don't think the Steinbrenner boys have the will or the brains to keep the organization on track.Hals already made cuts in the minors seems to me they trying to make the business look better on paper. How that translate to how it looks on grass will be interesting.

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#271100 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope I'm underestimating Dempster because I hardly rate him at all.
A little early to project rotation for the Sox. Lackey showed what a year and a half off today could be.
>>The plan was for Lackey to throw one inning or 20 pitches Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays in Boston's Grapefruit League opener. He executed the plan to a T, recording three outs on 20 pitches, 10 of them for strikes. All but one of his pitches was a fastball, which was in the 88-89 mph range. His aim at the outset was a bit faulty. He walked the first batter, Ben Zobrist, on five pitches, gave up a first-pitch single to Desmond Jennings, and hit the next batter, Matt Joyce, with a pitch. A little too much adrenaline, perhaps?
"Definitely something," he said. "I got better when I got a little more tired. The ball started coming down a little bit. The first couple of hitters I was up in the zone.
"I was basically just going to throw all fastballs today, build up arm strength. I think I tried one changeup. It's definitely a little different from throwing on the side for sure."
Lackey struck out the next hitter, Jack Cust, and got out of the inning with a yield of just one run, which scored on a sacrifice fly by Rays second baseman Ryan Roberts.
"Results, that stuff I wasn't really concerned about," Lackey said. "I was just glad to be back out there, get things going in that direction. Next time out, I'll start working on a few other things."
Last year he threw 175 innings and before that was over the 200 inning mark since 2008 each season. He seemed to be out of place in Texas but in Chicago last season, in over 100 innings with them had a 2.25 era.

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#271101 Feb 23, 2013
Good nite everyone, including the homo heart filled judger
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271102 Feb 23, 2013
Cashman better talk to Hal and make a move on Ryan Theriot. Perfect fit. Great price.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271103 Feb 23, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Last year he threw 175 innings and before that was over the 200 inning mark since 2008 each season. He seemed to be out of place in Texas but in Chicago last season, in over 100 innings with them had a 2.25 era.
OK I'll put you down as a Dempster fan. For me? Think I'm a Dempster skeptic. Sometimes I see too much Brad Penny. Look at his numbers go boom in the 6th. Sox certainly have the pen to cover that this year, so he might work.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#271104 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Thats a good price. I just don't think the Steinbrenner boys have the will or the brains to keep the organization on track. Hals already made cuts in the minors seems to me they trying to make the business look better on paper. How that translate to how it looks on grass will be interesting.
Hal does have the smarts to know he's better in the background than his brother. As for the will, can certainly understand where you're coming from. Don't think all of George's offspring have his obsession towards NYY. Be interesting to see when the matriarch passes on do the children sell off. Hank & Jessica run the horse farm. Jenny is the good will ambassador to George's charities. Hal is the numbers geek. None of that translates to continuing the ownership of NYY. Could see them cashing out to the highest bidder as long as it's not any of the Dolans. Bad blood between the 2 families...

Those "cuts" were done to bring in some of the spending George allowed. Nothing unusual about that...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271105 Feb 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Hal does have the smarts to know he's better in the background than his brother. As for the will, can certainly understand where you're coming from. Don't think all of George's offspring have his obsession towards NYY. Be interesting to see when the matriarch passes on do the children sell off. Hank & Jessica run the horse farm. Jenny is the good will ambassador to George's charities. Hal is the numbers geek. None of that translates to continuing the ownership of NYY. Could see them cashing out to the highest bidder as long as it's not any of the Dolans. Bad blood between the 2 families...
Those "cuts" were done to bring in some of the spending George allowed. Nothing unusual about that...
George liked everything under one banner so there was no doubt to who was running the show. You could be right on the family aspect, I don't know it that well other than it doesn't include alot of baseball minds. Think one of the daughters has been rumored to have the nuts but can't get a bolt from the family.

Looking at Cot's Yankees will certainly top last year's salary pool this season. Then next year gets real interesting. Burnetts salary burden is gone...thats a big win. But where do they get OF and THREE starters and sign Cano, possibly restructure Jeter's deal and fill the void on the left side? On less than 100m? and fans are complaining about a watered down version this year that actually costs more than last year.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#271106 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
George liked everything under one banner so there was no doubt to who was running the show. You could be right on the family aspect, I don't know it that well other than it doesn't include alot of baseball minds. Think one of the daughters has been rumored to have the nuts but can't get a bolt from the family.

Looking at Cot's Yankees will certainly top last year's salary pool this season. Then next year gets real interesting. Burnetts salary burden is gone...thats a big win. But where do they get OF and THREE starters and sign Cano, possibly restructure Jeter's deal and fill the void on the left side? On less than 100m? and fans are complaining about a watered down version this year that actually costs more than last year.
Not sure any of the daughters are into the idea of what NYY means to them personally. Oh sure, they like the cache that NYY brings to them, Other than that, they appear to stay far away from anything regarding the baseball side of the NYY...

The 2014 NYY financial obligations are what they are. About half of the $189 million will be taken by 4 players (ARod, Sabathia, Teixeira & Cano). Jeter can opt-in at $8 million or opt-out at $3.5 million. If he has anywhere near the season he had in 2012, he's opting out for at least $15 million. That could bring the 2014 payroll to $110 million for 5 players. Less than $79 million to spend on 20 players...

Will be interesting...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271107 Feb 23, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure any of the daughters are into the idea of what NYY means to them personally. Oh sure, they like the cache that NYY brings to them, Other than that, they appear to stay far away from anything regarding the baseball side of the NYY...
The 2014 NYY financial obligations are what they are. About half of the $189 million will be taken by 4 players (ARod, Sabathia, Teixeira & Cano). Jeter can opt-in at $8 million or opt-out at $3.5 million. If he has anywhere near the season he had in 2012, he's opting out for at least $15 million. That could bring the 2014 payroll to $110 million for 5 players. Less than $79 million to spend on 20 players...
Will be interesting...
You can count on pressure on Phelps and Pineda to step into the rotation but Hughes Kuroda aren't gonna toss them a discount so even if the first 2 work out you have only 1 true frontline starter in CC.ERA up and runs down is a tough cookie to swallow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 14 min Princess Hey 18,740
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 15 min Princess Hey 17,586
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 25 min jimi-yank 6,834
jets talk back (Dec '07) 27 min jimi-yank 14,406
What qualities did Huma see in Wiener ? 2 hr Captain Kangaroo 3
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr cpeter1313 317,632
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages