Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#271025 Feb 22, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt the "experts" are doing any thing more than guessing. AL East is wide open again. Gonna come down to depth.
Yeah we heard this same bullshit from you last year....while the Jays finished 4th 22 GB the Yanks and the last place sox 26 GB the AL East champ Yanks.....nice try ya dope....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271026 Feb 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
I guess napoli and gomes and lackey will get them over 500
Napoli's success is all relative, he has a big year so what he's already destroyed his own value and has to rebuild it by playing first. Mike Carp starts hitting Safeco bombs in Fenway could be a non issue.

Gomes? Fenway swing. Sox banked on Kalish being more than Reddick then bought a guy to showcase Kalish and may have got burnt again. Kalish's potencial is huge, but the back to back surgeries might have him passing the torch to next prospect Bradley or Mr All bat Linares.

Lackey? He's become a punchline. Now a #5 pitcher. That could be a dangerous thing for the opposition. He was afterall an ace once. BTW his injury enacts a clause in his contract that the final year is at league minimum. So even a half decent year makes him a major trade chip.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271028 Feb 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
I guess napoli and gomes and lackey will get them over 500
Now explain to me how a scaled back CC, a wish that Kuroda doesn't lose his shine, an injured Hughes, 1/2 season Pettitte and ivan What if Nova plus a aged depleted lineup gets the Yankees over 500.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271029 Feb 22, 2013
Oh and I forgot No farm or bench. No cash for mid year pickups. No trade chips that don't furthur deplete the lineup. No mlb catcher.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271030 Feb 22, 2013
How about an owner who is becoming increasingly involved in undoing his fathers legacy?

How about letting a snake in the house with an option to aquire more of the house? Who would Murdoch be interested in aquiring YES? Fox Sports already owns the larger market share. He wants the team and Hal will be bent over.

And we all saw how he ruined the Dodgers.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#271031 Feb 22, 2013
How about an owner who is becoming increasingly involved in undoing his fathers legacy?
How about letting a snake in the house with an option to aquire more of the house? Who would Murdoch be interested in aquiring YES? Fox Sports already owns the larger market share. He wants the team and Hal will be bent over.
What was it that Francona said in his book about Henry and the ownership there in Beantown? yeah they "like" baseball the business end of it.....but don't "love" baseball.....they want "sexy" players on their team to boost the NESN ratings......so does that mean the sox brass goes after Maria Menounos, Denise Milani and Jennifer Love Hewitt to be in their outfield mix? LMFAO
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#271032 Feb 22, 2013
Yeah I think it was Francona was saying in his book.....little Pedroia, Papi and Ells complaining about night games on get away games....instead of day games because day games "kills" NESN ratings? all business fut fuckthe game is what Henry the idiot wants......unhappy team what a great owner......of a LAST PLACE SOX!!!!!!!!BAWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAA AAA

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#271033 Feb 22, 2013
Girardi: Nunez no lock to make Yankees' roster
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/girard...
Huh? He's the back-up 3B 2B SS LF....and apparently no lock.
Tough break on Hughes' disc; No walk year heroics from him, whose plan B? Phelps will be heavily scouted by AL teams in spring.
Golden child Killer M Montgomery goes down with a back ailment as well.
Still no backstop on the horizon.
No talk on how much CC slimmed down this offseason.
Cashman reportedly waiting to pounce on Wang. No seriously....Wangs holding out for a better deal.
Thin in the pitching department ? Wasnt it this time last year the juicekee propoganda machine was running with the 'Killer Bs' and how they'll be ready this year ? What happened ? No backstop you say ? What about the Clown Cervelli who did his native country a great servive by deciding not to play in the WBC so he can be ready for juicekee opening day or how bout the 4-5 catchers Jimbos been raving about the last year in the minors, I wont stoop to his level but i'm sure if I had his time to waste I could bring up 10-15 posts on the subject...and didnt they sign Nix to handle the backup infield duties, granted he can only play one position at a time and they'll need at least two more backups to backup the backups but still he would start on most Triple A teams....As ive stated numerous times in the past they have no talent to trade no money to spend and certainly not a major leaguer in the minors for years and years. Anyway enough of them i'm down in St Lucie and I cant wait till tomorrow to finally watch Zach live, watching him on the closed circuits in the office the past month dosent do him justice, the Mets are taking all the time they need with him he's just an unbeliveable talent. Great to see you in here dont be a stranger your baseball knowledge is appreciated
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#271034 Feb 22, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Thin in the pitching department ? Wasnt it this time last year the juicekee propoganda machine was running with the 'Killer Bs' and how they'll be ready this year ? What happened ? No backstop you say ? What about the Clown Cervelli who did his native country a great servive by deciding not to play in the WBC so he can be ready for juicekee opening day or how bout the 4-5 catchers Jimbos been raving about the last year in the minors, I wont stoop to his level but i'm sure if I had his time to waste I could bring up 10-15 posts on the subject...and didnt they sign Nix to handle the backup infield duties, granted he can only play one position at a time and they'll need at least two more backups to backup the backups but still he would start on most Triple A teams....As ive stated numerous times in the past they have no talent to trade no money to spend and certainly not a major leaguer in the minors for years and years. Anyway enough of them i'm down in St Lucie and I cant wait till tomorrow to finally watch Zach live, watching him on the closed circuits in the office the past month dosent do him justice, the Mets are taking all the time they need with him he's just an unbeliveable talent. Great to see you in here dont be a stranger your baseball knowledge is appreciated
mets outfield is total garbage....so is the farm......4 straight 4th place finishes.....headed for the cellar......so I need a good laugh what has the idiot Sandy done to improve this pathetic team in flushing moron? friggin nothing....that's what I thought....and what was the meys last title...1986?.....LMFAO
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#271035 Feb 22, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Thin in the pitching department ? Wasnt it this time last year the juicekee propoganda machine was running with the 'Killer Bs' and how they'll be ready this year ? What happened ? No backstop you say ? What about the Clown Cervelli who did his native country a great servive by deciding not to play in the WBC so he can be ready for juicekee opening day or how bout the 4-5 catchers Jimbos been raving about the last year in the minors, I wont stoop to his level but i'm sure if I had his time to waste I could bring up 10-15 posts on the subject...and didnt they sign Nix to handle the backup infield duties, granted he can only play one position at a time and they'll need at least two more backups to backup the backups but still he would start on most Triple A teams....As ive stated numerous times in the past they have no talent to trade no money to spend and certainly not a major leaguer in the minors for years and years. Anyway enough of them i'm down in St Lucie and I cant wait till tomorrow to finally watch Zach live, watching him on the closed circuits in the office the past month dosent do him justice, the Mets are taking all the time they need with him he's just an unbeliveable talent. Great to see you in here dont be a stranger your baseball knowledge is appreciated
Thin in the pitching department? muts lose their ace URA Dickey to Toronto.....and Santana has already a setback with his shoulder barking and ST hasn't even started yet.....is that who Ike hit that bomb off of? LMFAO....muts pitching is total garbage moron.....read for once ya crackhead dope.....LMFAO

http://www.google.com/url...
Just a John

Lindenhurst, NY

#271036 Feb 22, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
u made the list..........

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#271037 Feb 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:

"down in st lucie" "watching him on the closed circuits in the office"

omg...first, does he know about the infamous citi field lie you begged bhj to agree to ? recall that just posted? lying about having a suite, meeting players?

St lucie? you had no clue were it was last year, when you lied about being there...

your some low end clown stuck in the carolinas...he is the only guy left to fool and a good choice to fall for it as he needs you bad...

but, the rest of the forum enjoyed your humiliation at the hands of bhj, your so called expertise of the jets, "31 mil under the cap per rex"

ike davis hitting the bomb 3 weeks ago...

on and on...

keep up the good posting slackers, its noticed

Does he know about that one, its a riot!

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271038 Feb 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:

Hey buddy, hope you can get sny today to see the mets play!

keep up the good posting, its noticed!

"hey buddy, please lie about the suites at citi field so it can piss off jimbo and meth head"

classic...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271039 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Napoli's success is all relative, he has a big year so what he's already destroyed his own value and has to rebuild it by playing first. Mike Carp starts hitting Safeco bombs in Fenway could be a non issue.
Gomes? Fenway swing. Sox banked on Kalish being more than Reddick then bought a guy to showcase Kalish and may have got burnt again. Kalish's potencial is huge, but the back to back surgeries might have him passing the torch to next prospect Bradley or Mr All bat Linares.
Lackey? He's become a punchline. Now a #5 pitcher. That could be a dangerous thing for the opposition. He was afterall an ace once. BTW his injury enacts a clause in his contract that the final year is at league minimum. So even a half decent year makes him a major trade chip.

as you say, you are what you are...based on the last year..

napoli is replacing a 320 hitter, he is nothing more then a 237 hitter. and not close to the fielder gonzo was, a huge loss...gomes is made for fenway? huh? you the expert declare this? he is a strikeout guy, terrible fielder and low batting average, homer guy..a bum. the kalish is god experiment is just an injury dream...rookies mentioned by you have done squat in the majors. where is that depth of the sox that helped them last year? the number 1's the sox had were and are terrible..bucholz? he of the bad back and4.76 era? lackey is a waste why do we here what he was, its what he is...victorino? the guy who had a pathetic year last year?

you're excited about this? its worse then the team last year. for every little positive shout out, there are more against it, based on last years effort. the replacements, minor league guys just don't show it except on homer fans hearts.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271040 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Now explain to me how a scaled back CC, a wish that Kuroda doesn't lose his shine, an injured Hughes, 1/2 season Pettitte and ivan What if Nova plus a aged depleted lineup gets the Yankees over 500.

who said cc is scaled back during the regular season? has it happened? your the new baseball guru who sees the future?

speaking of that..since 09, your hate and predictions of the yanks has been wrong, has it not? yanks have won a series you predicted would not get 1st, predicted a loss in every playoff round up to the series...

then every year after, will not make the playoffs, etc..or win a divsion...on and on and on...they were not gonna win the east last year, they did. they were not gonna win a playoff series, they did

again, your sox? every year, oh, they will win...yet, the sox have 3 managers in 3 years...francona wrote a hysterical book on the
"sexy red sox hirings'

any comment?

I thought so

as for the yanks, who says cc will be scaled back. who says kuroda who the sox wanted and other teams does worse...who says andy will get hurt, I guess you predicted the broken bone by a batted ball...hughes should be fine as its an upper muscle not lower..nova, phelps are perfect as a number 5...

I see no issues. I see other managers and gms saying the yanks are still dangerous

as for your homer love affair, did the san fran giants hit 103 during the year and won the series?

will the yanks not get more hits? better defense? more steals? better batting average? means less strikeouts with runners in scoring position...batters with speed on base means more fast balls, less curves..

but hey, lets not get into that. only less homers. as for catchers, how many mlb catchers are front line, real good ones...

at best, maybe 5-6 per league, tops...any of the fantasy guys, hitting wise just might say less.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271041 Feb 23, 2013
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/me...

ruh roh..santana having some issues on his shoulder

where is the "eye in the sky" met cubbie reporter on this story....

lmfao...in the carolinas...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271042 Feb 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:

Hey buddy! great news, met game on sny today! of course, since you more then likely cannot afford the sports package, you know you can gamecast it today via the internet

say, why not tell dw about the citi field fiasco with bhj and how that exposed your lie about the suites?

my fav line was...say this.." after the game we went into the clubhouse to meet players"

classic, just classic...

it proves the lies, one after another...

another goodie...

"I get paid by the mets"

guess that one went down the drain

say, had a great day at my site and a lunch break in the kingdom yesterday, guess your contacts have not yet banned me from sites or parks..

that one was so laughable, its not funny

however, I did some research...it appears years back when at a relatives vacation home at the boardwalk, a certain todd was banned from the area due to being drunk at the espn bar...something about the jets losing and getting beaten up...

description fits the 2 descriptions given, one by a buddy and the other a fbb guy...you met them while mooching drinks and food...

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#271043 Feb 23, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>He's a total joke, do you know any security guards who arent ??....he knows as much about baseball as he does the Jets...which is zero. Bonilla gets 1.19 mill a year which started in 2011 and of course Bay is the highest paid OF the Mets will be paying this year. I just cant figure out who's contract is worse Bonillas who will get what AROD gets in a season over 25 years or AROD who wont play another game for the juicekees and collect 125 million over the next 5. That 1.19 mill a year is just killing Wilpon he has to go into the 20 million a year he gets from Citibank to pay him. Anyway what a day at Tradition the weather couldnt be any nicer, watch this kid Wilmer Flores who hit a nice bomb into the wind in the intra-squad game. I'll give you a call later about tomorrow i'm out to dinner.
Bronto meant to say I think that Bonilla will be getting paid more than any current OF on the Mets. Of course he posts a trivia question and then disappears the rest of the day. Obviously he realized his mistake and decided to hide rather than explain his error. I will refrain from personal attacks towards him as long as he doesn't bring me up in his posts

What a fun time at happy hour last nite here on Las Olas. As usual, its always a 5 minute walk to get there but usually an hour walk when going home

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#271044 Feb 23, 2013
Swisher + Martin + Ibanez + Chavez + Jones + Dickerson = 96 HRs lost
Never mind Arod and the plates in Jeter's leg.
For the team that gave up the most HRs in the MLB.
Ouch.
Dude, last year too it was all doom and gloom for the Yankees and look how it ended up playing out. Howeever weak the Yankees look, the Sox are even weaker. Jays are my pick to win that division
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#271045 Feb 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
who said cc is scaled back during the regular season? has it happened? your the new baseball guru who sees the future?
speaking of that..since 09, your hate and predictions of the yanks has been wrong, has it not? yanks have won a series you predicted would not get 1st, predicted a loss in every playoff round up to the series...
then every year after, will not make the playoffs, etc..or win a divsion...on and on and on...they were not gonna win the east last year, they did. they were not gonna win a playoff series, they did
again, your sox? every year, oh, they will win...yet, the sox have 3 managers in 3 years...francona wrote a hysterical book on the
"sexy red sox hirings'
any comment?
I thought so
as for the yanks, who says cc will be scaled back. who says kuroda who the sox wanted and other teams does worse...who says andy will get hurt, I guess you predicted the broken bone by a batted ball...hughes should be fine as its an upper muscle not lower..nova, phelps are perfect as a number 5...
I see no issues. I see other managers and gms saying the yanks are still dangerous
as for your homer love affair, did the san fran giants hit 103 during the year and won the series?
will the yanks not get more hits? better defense? more steals? better batting average? means less strikeouts with runners in scoring position...batters with speed on base means more fast balls, less curves..
but hey, lets not get into that. only less homers. as for catchers, how many mlb catchers are front line, real good ones...
at best, maybe 5-6 per league, tops...any of the fantasy guys, hitting wise just might say less.
Who said CC would be scaled back? Um the New York Yankees. Y'know the team you won't discuss in a Yankee forum.

>>>>>A while back, when the Yankees first started discussing the idea of limiting CC’s workload in 2013, I wrote a post in support of the idea as long as it was handled properly. My definition of properly for a veteran ace like CC didn’t involve any skipped starts, pitch count limits, or watered-down 4-5-inning outings, just a sense of how hard CC had worked through his first 6-7 innings and a willingness to shut him down after those 7 innings and 100+ pitches in early season starts. There’s no need to overwork a guy early in the season if you don’t have to, and less of a need to do so if your admitted goal is to reduce his workload.

This slowed-down ST pace for CC, even if it is truly to give him more time to get into game shape and give the coaching staff more time to evaluate his recovery from the elbow surgery, could be the perfect lead-in to that reduced workload. CC was already coming into camp a week or two behind the rest of the starting rotation candidates because of the surgery, and the indication of Joe’s comments is that the team is in no hurry to rush his schedule to catch him back up. If CC is not going to pitch in a spring game until March, it’s very likely he won’t be completely stretched out by the time the regular season starts. Late start in spring should translate to a later start in April, especially when it involves a player coming back from injury.

http://ablogforarod.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/s...

If you hadn't wasted the last 5 years of your life railing the posters on this forum and actually spent it learning about the team you supposedly started this forum about....you might know this.

The rest of your post isn't worth commenting on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
im victim to phoneSex Assault 1 hr victim 34
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 15,654
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr rainmaker2016 16,835
News Swastikas, hate message at Beastie Boy's park s... 2 hr Hate Discontent E... 18
Madam President 3 hr doomednewt 200
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 3 hr Ellison ISIS Muslim 99
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr panties9688 62,354
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr ThomasA 312,873
jets talk back (Dec '07) 11 hr the don 13,332

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages