Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269522 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with you on his money...big time..you know we all in here laughed at that deal
but, my point is this...he is capable of batting 280-295...steals 30-40...homers, maybe 10...ribbies, maybe 50-70 due to where he bats and the stadium...
but, the dodgers could care less...they got a good left fielder who is a good number 2 batter...
Absolutely capable.....but I called him an overrated bum cause he's nowhere near worth the money he's getting paid....and than had the audacity to say he won't play CF.....now maybe an injury riddled bum also....wouldn't surprise me soon into the season it will be a hamstring injury that will cause him to steal maybe only 10-20 bases all year......Crawford seems to me he's all about the money he's not worth.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#269523 Feb 6, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> not a big surprise Gmen save about 4 mil in cap, youre right he did slow down a bit in 2012...Make us both happy if they do draft a big strong linebacker...got to rebuild that Defense and get us back to the Superbowl...will be played this year in Giant Stadium..

gmen dump...osi,rivers,bernard, canty, webster and phillips, thomas and on offense, diehl..and barden or jernigan..rumor is hixon, i hope not. most due to contracts, alot due to non performance..

draft a damn young stud linebacker for a change reese..no 1 pick or a fast cornerback

free agency is loaded with corners, tackles...google 2013 free agent class and the list is big..now, some will be franchised but not many..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

#269524 Feb 6, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Word is its Roberson.
He's a hot/cold guy. Not an ideal closer.

you like the minors..check out montgomery...good splits..have held on to him and refused to deal him. he is supposed to come up later this year...nothing to prove anymore in the minors. he is ready. I don't think roberson is the man.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

#269525 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely capable.....but I called him an overrated bum cause he's nowhere near worth the money he's getting paid....and than had the audacity to say he won't play CF.....now maybe an injury riddled bum also....wouldn't surprise me soon into the season it will be a hamstring injury that will cause him to steal maybe only 10-20 bases all year......Crawford seems to me he's all about the money he's not worth.....

he hung in good at tampa...maybe its the madden effect as donnie stated...maybe its the "good riddance" effect of jose reyes, mommmas favorite player..lol...

we are all in agreement. neither craw or gonzo worth the huge gimme contracts beanworld tossed at them. not even close..

I recall some laughing at the yanks and cash when they did not sign him

does anyone else here recall that? I know who was doing the laughing...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269526 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Becketts worst enemy is himself. That ego is gonna face not being a frontline pitcher this year, my guess he turns up fat as usual and pitches himself to an injury. Then he gets the message when no one is interested the following year and someone gets a bargain.
Gonzo? Wasn't a fit in Boston, he's a west coast guy.
Thing is AG's bat was tailor made for fenway......good opposite field hitter with power.....another sox mistake was letting him go....now who do they have to play 1B, bad hips Napoli? LMFAO
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269527 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Word is its Roberson.
He's a hot/cold guy. Not an ideal closer.
He ran into a hot/cold streak that's all....happens to all....but Robertson is a mostly solid setup guy.....just not a closer I agree to that.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269528 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he hung in good at tampa...maybe its the madden effect as donnie stated...maybe its the "good riddance" effect of jose reyes, mommmas favorite player..lol...
we are all in agreement. neither craw or gonzo worth the huge gimme contracts beanworld tossed at them. not even close..
That along with playing for a small market team along with what Donnie said.....a Madden disciplinary kinda player....some players get motivated under tough guidelines....Crawford might be one of those....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269529 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
you like the minors..check out montgomery...good splits..have held on to him and refused to deal him. he is supposed to come up later this year...nothing to prove anymore in the minors. he is ready. I don't think roberson is the man.
Yeah I read about him at BBD. Interesting numbers, I think you have plenty to prove in the minors when you haven't played AAA.

He's young, didn't play long at Uni, and projects as a reliever so its gonna be hard to up his innings so I doubt he has any impact this year.

Anyway all eyes focused on Campos and Pineda; thats where the rubber hits the road most of the rest of the Yankee farm is years away.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269530 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Thing is AG's bat was tailor made for fenway......good opposite field hitter with power.....another sox mistake was letting him go....now who do they have to play 1B, bad hips Napoli? LMFAO
You know how much I wanted Gonzo for Fenway, when he was traded I didn't care. He didn't want to be there or maybe its just his attitude in general.

Napoli? Sox 2 years late on him. Watch for Middlebrooks to switch to 1B and rookie Boegarts to take over 3rd next year. Napoli playing for a contract isn't a bad thing.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

#269531 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah I read about him at BBD. Interesting numbers, I think you have plenty to prove in the minors when you haven't played AAA.
He's young, didn't play long at Uni, and projects as a reliever so its gonna be hard to up his innings so I doubt he has any impact this year.
Anyway all eyes focused on Campos and Pineda; thats where the rubber hits the road most of the rest of the Yankee farm is years away.
hmmm, haven't young pitchers made the jump from double aa to the majors? alot of triple aaa are not just prospects...think he comes up later in the year...

he looks good....I think he just might be one to make it. nothing fazes him..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269532 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>He ran into a hot/cold streak that's all....happens to all....but Robertson is a mostly solid setup guy.....just not a closer I agree to that.....
Robertson has always been hot/cold, go read the numbers.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269533 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Gibbons vs Reyes may be the de-railer for the 'Toronto turnaround'.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269534 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm, haven't young pitchers made the jump from double aa to the majors? alot of triple aaa are not just prospects...think he comes up later in the year...
Dunno. Think I'd sit on him. Too much too soon has ruined alot of promising guys. Clean out the AAA dead wood and give him a shot.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

#269535 Feb 6, 2013
gmen just cut bradshaw and canty![ i was right on canty, his splits vs the run was horrible]

“Stay cool!!!!!”

#269536 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>

good point, not sold on that move..hard turf...i am betting he gets hurt quickly...and he needs "handling"...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269537 Feb 6, 2013
Meant a shot to build in AAA. Yanks gotta stop trying to find that elusive lightning bolt. Or selling up guys who aren't ready.

Gotta run.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269538 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Robertson has always been hot/cold, go read the numbers.
2.95 is a bad ERA in today's baseball world? and a 2-1 ratio SO to BB is bad also? hmmm.....oh that's right only wins count with you.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269539 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
That along with Gibbons vs. Farrell is why I think Toronto will be a better ball club......Farrell is to layed back....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

#269540 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Dunno. Think I'd sit on him. Too much too soon has ruined alot of promising guys. Clean out the AAA dead wood and give him a shot.
he just might start out this year in aaa ball...doubt if the yanks bring him up now...my take earlier in the month was he comes up late in the year.

I think he has promise.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269541 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
If Montgomery was a Portland Seadog....Than DW would admit he's good.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 7 min Bloody Bill Anderson 2,892
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 19 min rainmaker2016 17,789
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Mabinogi 313,650
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 43,450
chuck schumer the twot 2 hr 2 Dogs 2
MANITOBA HYDRO - Do NOT Invest in this ALBATROSS ! 2 hr 2 Dogs 11
noone came to save trump because he quit trying... 2 hr OverTheHill 3
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 2 hr Ben 1,084

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages