Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269500 Feb 6, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodgers "choked" last year because the team was in flux with the whole McCourt BS. Mattingly's job is secure, the roster is set, Colletti spent his money in the right places.
Just look at this lineup.
1. Mark Ellis
2. Crawford
3. Ramirez
4. Gonzo
5. Kemp
6. Ethier
7. Cruz
8. AJ Ellis
Then you've got Kershaw, Grienke, & Beckett at the top of the rotation, Ryu, Billingsley, Lilly, Capuano & Harang fighting for the remaining spots. Dodgers have the most balanced team in the NL West. Full years out of Beckett, Gonz & Hanley plus Crawford coming back healthy should give Blue 10-15 more wins easily.
I'm well aware of the McCourt battles last year.....still should had nothing to do with the performance on the field......Dodgers just flat out choked last year nuff said......Mattingly job is anything but secure.....if LA chokes again this year.....he's gone.....and lets not forget Beckett I believe is washed up and Crawford is an overrated bum......certainly not worth the 142M Theo got him in Boston......not saying LA can't win the NL west....what I am saying think SF is still the favorites....I like their SP better than LA.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#269501 Feb 6, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodgers "choked" last year because the team was in flux with the whole McCourt BS. Mattingly's job is secure, the roster is set, Colletti spent his money in the right places.
Just look at this lineup.
1. Mark Ellis
2. Crawford
3. Ramirez
4. Gonzo
5. Kemp
6. Ethier
7. Cruz
8. AJ Ellis
Then you've got Kershaw, Grienke, & Beckett at the top of the rotation, Ryu, Billingsley, Lilly, Capuano & Harang fighting for the remaining spots. Dodgers have the most balanced team in the NL West. Full years out of Beckett, Gonz & Hanley plus Crawford coming back healthy should give Blue 10-15 more wins easily.

kemp your best hitter, keep him at 5? that was the cano mistake...

love the lineup, pitching is great...just not sure what beckett has left...he is the question mark...but the others could fill in and the dodger owner will pay whatever it takes to win...kudos on that...he could care less about salary tax...impressive 1,2 in starters...happy for donnie mattingly...good for him to have a good team.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269502 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he lied for months about it..denied it...then when confronted, cried...he knew he was one step from the cops...
too bad, he should have gotten busted...one day he will, but that was a close one..
momma ignored by him was just as funny...both busted...
the crying part was the highlite...almost as good as momma getting busted as slackers...
Absolutely junior lied about it for months....I believe BHJ should have press charges on junior....would of finally made him shit in his pants with his name exposed for breaking the law and would have scared the crap outta him big time if nothing else......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#269503 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I'm well aware of the McCourt battles last year.....still should had nothing to do with the performance on the field......Dodgers just flat out choked last year nuff said......Mattingly job is anything but secure.....if LA chokes again this year.....he's gone.....and lets not forget Beckett I believe is washed up and Crawford is an overrated bum......certainly not worth the 142M Theo got him in Boston......not saying LA can't win the NL west....what I am saying think SF is still the favorites....I like their SP better than LA.....

crawford fits that lineup well..he just needs to get on base and not worry about that stupid sox contract..he is a good player, always was...just not what stupid sox fans made him out to be or momma...

beckett I think is done...Dodgers have a strong team and do not forget they have an owner who will spend big time to make it work..he is not worried about salary tax..he wants to win and will spend..I commend him on that. would not be shocked if the dodgers are not big buyers come the trade deadline..

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#269504 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
love the lineup, pitching is great...just not sure what beckett has left...he is the question mark...but the others could fill in and the dodger owner will pay whatever it takes to win...kudos on that...he could care less about salary tax...impressive 1,2 in starters...happy for donnie mattingly...good for him to have a good team.
If you look at Beckett's numbers after the trade, it seems moving back to the NL has helped him. He's by no means the guy he once was, but he's as good a middle-of-the-rotation guy as you can get.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#269505 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely junior lied about it for months....I believe BHJ should have press charges on junior....would of finally made him shit in his pants with his name exposed for breaking the law and would have scared the crap outta him big time if nothing else......

pretty sure the bust would have included other stunts he pulled...doubt if he gets away with it, and when "cylde" aka dada finds out or the hard working women he shares a room with, he is history...

fattie, back in the pen! He would be happy, 3 square a day and all the men making him bend over! more tv also! might get more channels

and, fred,jeff, woody and rex can visit him!

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#269506 Feb 6, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at Beckett's numbers after the trade, it seems moving back to the NL has helped him. He's by no means the guy he once was, but he's as good a middle-of-the-rotation guy as you can get.

yeah, he faces weak number 8 and 9 batters now..pitcher almost an auto out...no dh...

even if he's not a 3, a good 4 or 5 guy for sure..facing the padres, giants,dbacks and rockies will not scare anyone..

just not a beckett fan...new town, new motivation.Its possible

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#269507 Feb 6, 2013
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives...

ruh roh...more real star wars news...3 possible movies..yoda, young han, young boba fett..

oh well...one was confirmed...nice to have contacts.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269508 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
crawford fits that lineup well..he just needs to get on base and not worry about that stupid sox contract..he is a good player, always was...just not what stupid sox fans made him out to be or momma...
beckett I think is done...Dodgers have a strong team and do not forget they have an owner who will spend big time to make it work..he is not worried about salary tax..he wants to win and will spend..I commend him on that. would not be shocked if the dodgers are not big buyers come the trade deadline..
Crawford is all about speed although afraid to play CF....that to me doesn't make sense....anyhow he's not a HR hitter not an RBI man....but he sure is getting paid like one is what I'm saying.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#269509 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Crawford is all about speed although afraid to play CF....that to me doesn't make sense....anyhow he's not a HR hitter not an RBI man....but he sure is getting paid like one is what I'm saying.....

i agree with you on his money...big time..you know we all in here laughed at that deal

but, my point is this...he is capable of batting 280-295...steals 30-40...homers, maybe 10...ribbies, maybe 50-70 due to where he bats and the stadium...

but, the dodgers could care less...they got a good left fielder who is a good number 2 batter...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#269510 Feb 6, 2013
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1517094-ne...

this guys take on the yank mistakes of the offseason...

not signing sori
not trading grandy
not getting upton [not the one you think]
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269512 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
gonzo's a dog no clutch here look what he did in boston and no one's crying he gone...craw can't handle the pressure of his ridiculous contract..beckett lost about a foot off his fastball and has been done for a couple of years now...Donnie baseball better win this year with the money they spent..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269514 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with you on his money...big time..you know we all in here laughed at that deal
but, my point is this...he is capable of batting 280-295...steals 30-40...homers, maybe 10...ribbies, maybe 50-70 due to where he bats and the stadium...
but, the dodgers could care less...they got a good left fielder who is a good number 2 batter...
when was the last time craw put numbers like that on the board..now he's a head case and madden gone..dodgers got a pig in a poke..never going to happen again not in Hollywood..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269515 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Crawford is all about speed although afraid to play CF....that to me doesn't make sense....anyhow he's not a HR hitter not an RBI man....but he sure is getting paid like one is what I'm saying.....
craw will not play well in Hollywood either...doesn't have the talent for that big contract he has...guy needs someone like madden around him ...craw has some talent put can't handle pressure
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269516 Feb 6, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> gonzo's a dog no clutch here look what he did in boston and no one's crying he gone...craw can't handle the pressure of his ridiculous contract..beckett lost about a foot off his fastball and has been done for a couple of years now...Donnie baseball better win this year with the money they spent..
Becketts worst enemy is himself. That ego is gonna face not being a frontline pitcher this year, my guess he turns up fat as usual and pitches himself to an injury. Then he gets the message when no one is interested the following year and someone gets a bargain.

Gonzo? Wasn't a fit in Boston, he's a west coast guy.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269517 Feb 6, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> craw will not play well in Hollywood either...doesn't have the talent for that big contract he has...guy needs someone like madden around him ...craw has some talent put can't handle pressure
Naw Crawford was injured and didn't know how to rehab so injured himself again. Look at the numbers he was throwing up with the injury prior to being shutdown last year-thats guts. He'll be back.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269518 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/arti cles/1517094-new-york-yankees- yankees-biggest-missed-opportu nities-this-offseason?utm_sour ce=newsletter&utm_medium=n ewsletter&utm_campaign=new -york-yankees#/articles/151709 4-new-york-yankees-yankees-big gest-missed-opportunities-this -offseason
this guys take on the yank mistakes of the offseason...
not signing sori
not trading grandy
not getting upton [not the one you think]
haven't seen this article yet...but he could be right about soriano who did give us 42 saves, who do we have if Mo's game isn't Mo's game anylonger?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#269519 Feb 6, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> haven't seen this article yet...but he could be right about soriano who did give us 42 saves, who do we have if Mo's game isn't Mo's game anylonger?
Word is its Roberson.

He's a hot/cold guy. Not an ideal closer.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269520 Feb 6, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> craw will not play well in Hollywood either...doesn't have the talent for that big contract he has...guy needs someone like madden around him ...craw has some talent put can't handle pressure
I totally agree Donnie....well put....
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269521 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
Gmen fans, they cut mike boley yesterday..a free agent signee out of the falcons...
He was helpful in the superbowl victory but was injury prone and lost some speed..
maybe, just maybe the giants finally draft a good linebacker.
not a big surprise Gmen save about 4 mil in cap, youre right he did slow down a bit in 2012...Make us both happy if they do draft a big strong linebacker...got to rebuild that Defense and get us back to the Superbowl...will be played this year in Giant Stadium..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 min jimi-yank 45,666
News NY subway tiles with Confederate flag look to b... 15 min america sks 1
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 30 min save our souls 8,585
Margate NJ Zionist Mass murder Capitol of the w... (May '16) 31 min PlottmasterAM 32
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 45 min 2 Dogs 3,049
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Guinness Drinker 4,797
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Eddie M 316,320

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages