Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#269311 Feb 4, 2013
Fu is not or has even been a censor of fair discussions.

Official MLBlog of MLB.com Executive Correspondent Richard Justice

Let’s not bury the lead, to use a time-tested newsroom phrase. No, they are not. On the other hand, it’s not a ridiculous discussion either. You can make a case for them winning the American League East again. If Andy Pettitte, Hiroki Kuroda and C.C. Sabathia can go the distance. If Phil Hughes pitches 200 innings. If Ivan Nova or David Phelps grab the fifth spot in the rotation and emerge as solid, consistent performers. If all those things happen, the Yankee rotation will be as good as any in the American League East.

In fact, given the circumstances in which he operated this off-season, this might end up being GM Brian Cashman’s finest hour. Unlike previous years when he was given a checkbook and told to start spending, he has had to pick his spots. He has also had to find some bargains, Travis Hafner being the latest. I suspect this off-season has been terrific fun for Cashman. He has worked relentlessly to construct a first-rate front office, a front office that combines the best of the new-age analytics with the traditional gumshoe scouting.

Those huge payrolls have sometimes overshadowed the great work Cashman and his people did in acquiring and developing Brett Gardner, Ivan Nova, Phil Hughes, Robinson Cano and others. The Yankee farm system had a tough 2012 with a combination of injuries and disappointing performances. But smart work always pays off, and it could look completely and dramatically different a year from now. That’s how it goes with kids. They thrill you one minute, break your heart the next.

The Blue Jays have gotten way better, adding 600 innings to their rotation and Jose Reyes and Melky Cabrera to their lineup. The Red Sox filled a bunch of hole without spending outrageous money and got a new manager, John Farrell, who should help change the environment. The Rays are significantly different and still good. The Orioles were quieter, but if some of those young pitchers take a step forward, they could very well be right back in contention. GM Dan Duquette did an amazing job acquiring talent last season, so it would be a mistake to count them out.

With Opening Day still 60 days away, here’s a quick power ranking of the AL East:

1. Blue Jays

2. Rays

3. Yankees

4. Orioles

5. Red Sox

But the division is so tight that the Rays, Yankees, Orioles and Red Sox seem capable of finishing anywhere from first to fifth. Nothing in this division should be a surprise.

Now about the Yankees. I count 112 home runs gone from their 2012 lineup with no dramatic addition. Still, this being so close to the start of Spring Training and all, let’s look at the glass as being at least half full. The Yankees can win again because:

The starting rotation will be the best in the American League East, better than Toronto’s, better than Tampa Bay’s.
Mark Teixeira will be healthy and productive, which means he’ll be a huge presence in the middle of the lineup.
Kevin Youkilis will show that 2012 was a fluke and have a huge comeback season.
Brett Gardner will stay on the field and match his .723 career on-base-plus-slugging.
Bullpen depth.
Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter. Yes, the band is back together. And the band will again lead the way.
Brian Cashman will watch some of his best kids have break out seasons at Double-A, and this will give him the flexibility to either make a deal or fill a hole in the second half.
The Yankees go to the playoffs every year, and you can check my math. This core of players knows how to win.
Addition by subtraction, and you know who I’m talking about.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#269312 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you. You're not 1/1,000,000th the person Jimi is.
Much of what defines a man character and morals is their ability to find forgiveness in others

Yankee Stadium

#269313 Feb 4, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny....anyway i'm on my way to the BIG CITI as the Brandon Lyon deal is about to be ironed out.I'm hoping to be back for the 3 PM deadline, sure hope Bronto with all his unlimited knowledge does the right thing and apologizes. I think i'll PM him with an offer that i'll keep him in the Jet loop if he apologizes to the forum for his bad judgement.
He's a bum and had an 11.48 ERA in 2011 despite a medicore 2012

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#269314 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a bum and had an 11.48 ERA in 2011 despite a medicore 2012

bhj has just made the biggest mistake...

un has broken every single truce and lied...he has lied, will lie

its up to you if you want to forgive...but he is never to be trusted....

i speak from experience

he swore to me he would not play games with momma

it lasted 2 days...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269315 Feb 4, 2013
so much for the timeline bs we had been getting

once again, massive lies...

I promise to all, it will never ever end.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269316 Feb 4, 2013
much of what defines a mans moral and character is

to stop effin lying....

that will never happen with one...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269317 Feb 4, 2013
so much for momma being at citi...the judgings have begun

what a dope..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269318 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Fu is not or has even been a censor of fair discussions.
Official MLBlog of MLB.com Executive Correspondent Richard Justice
Let’s not bury the lead, to use a time-tested newsroom phrase. No, they are not. On the other hand, it’s not a ridiculous discussion either. You can make a case for them winning the American League East again. If Andy Pettitte, Hiroki Kuroda and C.C. Sabathia can go the distance. If Phil Hughes pitches 200 innings. If Ivan Nova or David Phelps grab the fifth spot in the rotation and emerge as solid, consistent performers. If all those things happen, the Yankee rotation will be as good as any in the American League East.
In fact, given the circumstances in which he operated this off-season, this might end up being GM Brian Cashman’s finest hour. Unlike previous years when he was given a checkbook and told to start spending, he has had to pick his spots. He has also had to find some bargains, Travis Hafner being the latest. I suspect this off-season has been terrific fun for Cashman. He has worked relentlessly to construct a first-rate front office, a front office that combines the best of the new-age analytics with the traditional gumshoe scouting.
Those huge payrolls have sometimes overshadowed the great work Cashman and his people did in acquiring and developing Brett Gardner, Ivan Nova, Phil Hughes, Robinson Cano and others. The Yankee farm system had a tough 2012 with a combination of injuries and disappointing performances. But smart work always pays off, and it could look completely and dramatically different a year from now. That’s how it goes with kids. They thrill you one minute, break your heart the next.
The Blue Jays have gotten way better, adding 600 innings to their rotation and Jose Reyes and Melky Cabrera to their lineup. The Red Sox filled a bunch of hole without spending outrageous money and got a new manager, John Farrell, who should help change the environment. The Rays are significantly different and still good. The Orioles were quieter, but if some of those young pitchers take a step forward, they could very well be right back in contention. GM Dan Duquette did an amazing job acquiring talent last season, so it would be a mistake to count them out.
With Opening Day still 60 days away, here’s a quick power ranking of the AL East:
1. Blue Jays
2. Rays
3. Yankees
4. Orioles
5. Red Sox
But the division is so tight that the Rays, Yankees, Orioles and Red Sox seem capable of finishing anywhere from first to fifth. Nothing in this division should be a surprise.
Now about the Yankees. I count 112 home runs gone from their 2012 lineup with no dramatic addition. Still, this being so close to the start of Spring Training and all, let’s look at the glass as being at least half full. The Yankees can win again because:
The starting rotation will be the best in the American League East, better than Toronto’s, better than Tampa Bay’s.
Mark Teixeira will be healthy and productive, which means he’ll be a huge presence in the middle of the lineup.
Kevin Youkilis will show that 2012 was a fluke and have a huge comeback season.
Brett Gardner will stay on the field and match his .723 career on-base-plus-slugging.
Bullpen depth.
Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter. Yes, the band is back together. And the band will again lead the way.
Brian Cashman will watch some of his best kids have break out seasons at Double-A, and this will give him the flexibility to either make a deal or fill a hole in the second half.
The Yankees go to the playoffs every year, and you can check my math. This core of players knows how to win.
Addition by subtraction, and you know who I’m talking about.

good post...good to see baseball back

Yankee Stadium

#269319 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
bhj has just made the biggest mistake...
un has broken every single truce and lied...he has lied, will lie
its up to you if you want to forgive...but he is never to be trusted....
i speak from experience
he swore to me he would not play games with momma
it lasted 2 days...
In all honesty my friend its none of my business what BHJ and Unbaised do or how and who they post. Same applies to me, I can post who I want and when I want.

Having said that did we not just see today and this past weekend threats hurled at me? You? Bronto with a 3 PM deadlines?

Lets not obsess on this for days, but nothings changed for me.
The Timer

Skyland, NC

#269320 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty my friend its none of my business what BHJ and Unbaised do or how and who they post. Same applies to me, I can post who I want and when I want.
Having said that did we not just see today and this past weekend threats hurled at me? You? Bronto with a 3 PM deadlines?
TICK TICK TICK TIck Tick tick tick

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269321 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

You are correct. 100%. I know this. Junior is laughing his head off. He's a liar.

Oh the threats to you bronto and me from them?

It shows what a good guy he is. How he has not changed.

Does bhj know how he stalked bronto kids and yours.
But hey. He said he's sorry.

But that person needs to be put away. That will end the stalkings. Just my thoughts.
The Timer

Skyland, NC

#269322 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
You are correct. 100%. I know this. Junior is laughing his head off. He's a liar.
But that person needs to be put away. That will end the stalkings. Just my thoughts.
TICK TICK TICK TIck Tick tick tick

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269324 Feb 4, 2013
The Timer wrote:
<quoted text>TICK TICK TICK TIck Tick tick tick

As if.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269325 Feb 4, 2013
The Timer wrote:
<quoted text>TICK TICK TICK TIck Tick tick tick

Lmao.

Yankee Stadium

#269326 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
We got some internal matters to address within our own "committee" in regard to FBB don't we? Rather concentrate on that and not what unbiased and fatso do in here.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#269327 Feb 4, 2013
3:00.
LMFAO!

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#269328 Feb 4, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Brandon Lyon to the Mets? Are you sure. Nobody is reporting this. If this isn't true, I will hold you to this
It's as good as done...forget about that, i'm on an office computer did I miss anything ?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269329 Feb 4, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
3:00.
LMFAO!

exactly...he cannot do it now

and never was going to

kudos to bronto for standing tall..

I do expect him to lie and claim some private message...

but he clearly stated, it had to be here

and bronto ain't the guy to back down...at all.

its over for the 2 liars, the ashville dope and the other one..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269330 Feb 4, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>It's as good as done...forget about that, i'm on an office computer did I miss anything ?

the basement office?? we saw the asheville isp

nice try fattie..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269331 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
We got some internal matters to address within our own "committee" in regard to FBB don't we? Rather concentrate on that and not what unbiased and fatso do in here.

sure, call to discuss...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 7 min Into The Night 11,001
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Into The Night 59,457
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 13 min jimi-yank 39,347
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 20 min Bloody Bill Anderson 10,718
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 39 min GEORGIA 14,202
Frank P,Brown St.Pauls Methodist filth 55 min Plottmaster 4
The a filthy Clinton's want me Dead 1 hr Plottmaster 1
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr LIfan 13,316
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages