Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#268871 Jan 30, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see ARod settling for any less than all the money he's due regardless if he used. The contract he signed doesn't have any language regarding PED use. If anything, NYY would pay whatever is necessary to be rid of him if he used after his admission in 2009...
As far as the suspension goes, a player can be suspended if on the DL...
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp...
Thats we have a judicial system in this country. Yanks should haul his ass into court and sue him for back wages.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-01...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#268872 Jan 30, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Good moral character is lying? I think the high paid lawyers will have a field day with this. Drag him thru the mud. Bottom line is they pay, he retires. Or he is humiliated. Bat him 9th. Sit him. Yanks can tell him they don't want him face to face. Bottom line,yanks pay..
Comes down to what is deemed as "moral" regarding the clause in the MLB players contract. Too vague to define. Think MLB owners would've acted long ago to get out of paying someone who was found to be immoral...

Think NYY would pay ARod to go away instead of hitting him at the bottom of the order. It's a no win to keep him in order to prove a point...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#268873 Jan 30, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Comes down to what is deemed as "moral" regarding the clause in the MLB players contract. Too vague to define. Think MLB owners would've acted long ago to get out of paying someone who was found to be immoral...
Think NYY would pay ARod to go away instead of hitting him at the bottom of the order. It's a no win to keep him in order to prove a point...

my point was that is the vague threat...they do not want to see him on the field...they would bury him in the dugout...

and agreed its vague...but enough to cause a headache...

its all about the money for arod and saving face....if he retires due to his injury and does the wink wink with the yanks...for all or 90% of his contract, it goes away...

I say he is gone, its just how much he gets and the way for him to do this...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#268874 Jan 30, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doomed as an Islanders fan knowing fatty roots for them, now I know how the guys that are Jet and Mets fans must feel.

any fan of the mets,nets, jets and islanders need to make him go away...otherwise, its a losing year and years to come...

hey, at least at least he does not have a suite at the isles games! or is involved with managment as he is in the other 3 teams...then again, maybe he will come on and declare that also

you can only hope!

Washington, DC

#268875 Jan 30, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
any fan of the mets,nets, jets and islanders need to make him go away...otherwise, its a losing year and years to come...
hey, at least at least he does not have a suite at the isles games! or is involved with managment as he is in the other 3 teams...then again, maybe he will come on and declare that also
you can only hope!
There is no hope for me now as Islanders fan.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#268876 Jan 30, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Harley is still around.....the others are gone.....Dirtywater hightailed it outta here after the bottom was falling for the sox....he just couldn't take the abuse he dished out on here......
That sux. What happened to Brookaven & David? The Potatohead guy, right? Those two were comical!

I hope this room gets back to baseball talk soon.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#268877 Jan 30, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>unbiased is about as sharp as a spoon....him and momma both think everyone that enters here is either Jim, Fu or me....and whats crazy is unbiased and momma are the 2 dopes notorious for the phony profiles.....go figure.
He's a joke.

Washington, DC

#268878 Jan 30, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, just becuase it does not say that in his contract does not give him a green light to use them also.

Take him to court and sue his ass and for back wages.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#268879 Jan 30, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats we have a judicial system in this country. Yanks should haul his ass into court and sue him for back wages.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-01...
Of course NYY would look into voiding the contract or some form of repayment as they did in 2009. Didn't happen then & won't happen now...

"The New York Yankees are looking at multiple avenues to void their contract with third baseman Alex Rodriguez, but success is unlikely, according to ESPNNewYork.com ."

If it's proven ARod used, only recourse for NYY is to pay him to go away. The union would take up the legal fight to protect their membership against any potential legal precedence...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Washington, DC

#268880 Jan 30, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>

yup. season over before it starts...met fans know the feeling...spring training, and its over.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#268882 Jan 30, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, go away. This forum doesn't tolerate Obama loving deadbeats
Oh shut up already, you dolt! The people have spoken, your guy lost, the right man for the job won! Stop crying about it & suck it up. Fool!
loriann g

Santa Barbara, CA

#268883 Jan 30, 2013
Todd(momma,slackers) is so mad again.He hates being called fat. He hates you guys catching him lying also.Let him lie and just smile.He means no harm.He just lays around the basement all day doing that judgy thingy.He has a boring life.Dont make him cry.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268884 Jan 30, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmmmmm steaks....they have Costcos out by you?
Yes they do....they got good cuts of meat.....lean and less fat....that's what I go for.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268885 Jan 30, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Nice win for the young Islanders last night and a big move for Mike Tannenbaum.....Mike has finally come clean publically what I told the forum and what most close to the team knew all along, it was him and only him that orchestrated the Tebow deal. Rex warned him and told him he would not be part of the team in any significant way and under no circumstances would he start a game for the New York Jets yet he still pulled the trigger going so far as advising Mr Johnson that Rex was on board. It was disturbing that Mike a long time personal friend of Rex, tried to drag him down through the media claiming Rex was also alright with the trade, a total lie. Rex being the man he is never ever denied the charge to the press, that's not his style, but had many a strong word for Mike behind closed doors and finally had no choice but to fire him. It's good Mike has begun to salvage his reputation in the NFL with this public apology and I wish him well.
Hey moron I bet the jets would of went 9-7 or 8-8 with Tebow in there....anyone's better than that pathetic bum Sanchez you clueless dope.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#268886 Jan 30, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
my point was that is the vague threat...they do not want to see him on the field...they would bury him in the dugout...

and agreed its vague...but enough to cause a headache...

its all about the money for arod and saving face....if he retires due to his injury and does the wink wink with the yanks...for all or 90% of his contract, it goes away...

I say he is gone, its just how much he gets and the way for him to do this...
If it's proven ARod used after his 2009 admission, this gets settled privately between all parties with strict confidentiality clauses...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#268887 Jan 30, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, just because it does not say that in his contract does not give him a green light to use them also.

Take him to court and sue his ass and for back wages.
Didn't happen in 2009 & won't happen now, as much as NYY fans who have no use for ARod would like it to happen...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268888 Jan 30, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be too sure.....think momma put the jinx on the Rangers by calling himself displaced Ranger fan.....coming from that displaced met fan that booted the fat fool off the met forum with his stupid blockbusters that never happen....she got tired of his lies......what a dope momma is....LMFAO

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#268889 Jan 30, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do....they got good cuts of meat.....lean and less fat....that's what I go for.....
Nah, you've got to have some of that fat on the outer edge of the steak. When you grill it & the fat gets all burnt & crunchy. That's the best part, man!
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268890 Jan 30, 2013
Yanks could be on the verge of adding Pronk....
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/01/yankees...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268891 Jan 30, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, you've got to have some of that fat on the outer edge of the steak. When you grill it & the fat gets all burnt & crunchy. That's the best part, man!
Not for me man....I stay away from fat as much as I can.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 5 min 2 Dogs 7,216
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 9 min 2 Dogs 2,204
We VS We (Nov '09) 13 min 2 Dogs 2,683
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 15 min 2 Dogs 1,279
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 25 min 2 Dogs 1,626
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 28 min Whiny1 18,925
ROY - '' But I HAD their Mothers' Persimmons '... 29 min 2 Dogs 14
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 7 hr Guinness Drinker 5,948

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages