Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#268628 Jan 27, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad hip and more PED rumors, Yanks might get a chance here to get out of this terrible contract.
Ped bust I think will end his yank run. They will try to cancel the contract if he does not quit.

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee immortals

#268629 Jan 27, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ped bust I think will end his yank run. They will try to cancel the contract if he does not quit.
Yanks will need to turn the page on Andy and Mo after 2013 also. Jeter shortly there after. Cashman needs to retool the farm system, Yanks can't just be a FA spending happy organization like in the 1980's.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268630 Jan 27, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanks will need to turn the page on Andy and Mo after 2013 also. Jeter shortly there after. Cashman needs to retool the farm system, Yanks can't just be a FA spending happy organization like in the 1980's.

I tend to agree. A lot of teams have done well with young drafted players or trading for them. Doubt if the yanks find another riveria or jeter. 2 first round hall of famers.
Theodore

Candler, NC

#268631 Jan 27, 2013
Testing

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268632 Jan 27, 2013
Theodore wrote:
Testing

dope, we all know its you.
loriann g

Santa Barbara, CA

#268633 Jan 27, 2013
Oh that Todd!(momma)He posted in the ranger hockey forum attacking his favorite poster in topix.He is in such a bad mood having to show the carolinas as his isp.He needs his problem pal back to lie for him.He hates people knowing he is disabled.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268634 Jan 27, 2013
loriann g wrote:
Oh that Todd!(momma)He posted in the ranger hockey forum attacking his favorite poster in topix.He is in such a bad mood having to show the carolinas as his isp.He needs his problem pal back to lie for him.He hates people knowing he is disabled.

sooooo, I am toddies favorite poster, I knew it!! thanks! lmfao...
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268635 Jan 27, 2013
Theodore wrote:
Testing
I bet that's what you do with your new crack pipe ya dope.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268636 Jan 27, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
dope, we all know its you.
Todd Theodore Geis......Topix biggest coward, liar and moron.....lmfao

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#268637 Jan 27, 2013
yak

Mooresville, NC

#268638 Jan 27, 2013
yak yak

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268639 Jan 28, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Todd Theodore Geis......Topix biggest coward, liar and moron.....lmfao

actually, its andrew..., hope he got that muffler fixed by now! lmfao...

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Yankee immortals

#268640 Jan 28, 2013
For Donnie and Paul: Fu is not a censor even if he thinks Martin was a bum.

Yankees Will Miss Russell Martin Behind the Plate

1/28/2013 07:21:00 AM Justin Hunter New York Yankees, Russell Martin

The New York Yankees saw a lot of change this offseason. One of the biggest changes is who will be catching games for them in 2013. Russell Martin left via free agency and signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates. Now, the Yankees will have to rely on Austin Romine.

Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York broke down the top reasons why Martin would be missed in New York. Specifically, his toughness will be difficult to replace. Martin is also a very good defensive catcher who has a game plan in mind while calling games.

Last season, Martin played in 135 games for the Yankees last season. He is durable as far as catchers are concerned. He has played in less than 125 games just twice in his career.

Overall, Martin's offense will be missed along with the reasons mentioned above. Martin hit .211/.311/.403 last season. It wasn't much, but he has shown he can have some pop from time to time. In fact, last season Martin hit a career-high 21 home runs. Now, the Yankees go into spring not knowing exactly what they'll get from their catcher. They always knew what to expect from Martin.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268642 Jan 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
For Donnie and Paul: Fu is not a censor even if he thinks Martin was a bum.
Yankees Will Miss Russell Martin Behind the Plate
1/28/2013 07:21:00 AM Justin Hunter New York Yankees, Russell Martin
The New York Yankees saw a lot of change this offseason. One of the biggest changes is who will be catching games for them in 2013. Russell Martin left via free agency and signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates. Now, the Yankees will have to rely on Austin Romine.
Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York broke down the top reasons why Martin would be missed in New York. Specifically, his toughness will be difficult to replace. Martin is also a very good defensive catcher who has a game plan in mind while calling games.
Last season, Martin played in 135 games for the Yankees last season. He is durable as far as catchers are concerned. He has played in less than 125 games just twice in his career.
Overall, Martin's offense will be missed along with the reasons mentioned above. Martin hit .211/.311/.403 last season. It wasn't much, but he has shown he can have some pop from time to time. In fact, last season Martin hit a career-high 21 home runs. Now, the Yankees go into spring not knowing exactly what they'll get from their catcher. They always knew what to expect from Martin.

I don't see or agree with missing a 211 hitter. I think they will miss his calling of a game and defense. But for 2 years and the money he wanted? no. Will they miss the 21 homers? how many did he hit in the playoffs? how many hits did he have in the playoffs? how many times with the bases loaded, or 2 on no outs or 1 out he did nothing...

people seem to forget all of the bad, and harp on 21 homers. not at all convinced that romine is close to being ready. I believe he needs this year to stay healthy and mature in triple aaa...if not for being injured last year, he might have been perfect for this year. People may have forgotten he was a supposed sure fire bet to be the starting catcher this year prior to his injury. ranked high in baseball america. way ahead of montero in defense and supposed line drive 270-280 hitter who could hit 12-15 homers...

a bad back ended it. will he recover? will the yanks be forced to pick up some of the 230-240 hitting bums still available?
will cervelli get back to his 270 hitting and driving in clutch runs?

we are going to find out.

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Yankee immortals

#268644 Jan 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see or agree with missing a 211 hitter. I think they will miss his calling of a game and defense. But for 2 years and the money he wanted? no. Will they miss the 21 homers? how many did he hit in the playoffs? how many hits did he have in the playoffs? how many times with the bases loaded, or 2 on no outs or 1 out he did nothing...
people seem to forget all of the bad, and harp on 21 homers. not at all convinced that romine is close to being ready. I believe he needs this year to stay healthy and mature in triple aaa...if not for being injured last year, he might have been perfect for this year. People may have forgotten he was a supposed sure fire bet to be the starting catcher this year prior to his injury. ranked high in baseball america. way ahead of montero in defense and supposed line drive 270-280 hitter who could hit 12-15 homers...
a bad back ended it. will he recover? will the yanks be forced to pick up some of the 230-240 hitting bums still available?
will cervelli get back to his 270 hitting and driving in clutch runs?
we are going to find out.
I was in favor to resign him but I'm not going offer him being lost to the Pirates as an excuse. He was serviceable, but no great loss.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268645 Jan 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in favor to resign him but I'm not going offer him being lost to the Pirates as an excuse. He was serviceable, but no great loss.

I think at a fair rate, yes...he did play good defense and called a great game...but to say or even imply the yank season is 3rd place, or worse due to him is wrong..

the lack of a good righty bat, lets talk about that..they had options and trades to do to fill that hole...one of my favorite to get guys and might not cost that much was cuddyer of the rockies...a solid outfielder who could play first...he would be a great fit.

I think the righty bat issue is more important then losing the catcher.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268646 Jan 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Never made Martin out to be an all-star.....just said he was clearly better than what the Yanks have behind the plate right now......and with an aging team that made no improvements but only got older....this could prove to be costly.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268647 Jan 28, 2013
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484192-ma...

top 100 in the upcoming draft, roughly 3 rounds worth of picks...some will change and of course teams always pick guys in the top 200 in the top 50...so this board will change big time...some will fall, some will rise...

free agency is in the first week of march, so needs will change pending pick ups of free agents and of course, players cut due to the cap or uselessness.[ which means a lot of jet players!]
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#268648 Jan 28, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I think at a fair rate, yes...he did play good defense and called a great game...but to say or even imply the yank season is 3rd place, or worse due to him is wrong..
the lack of a good righty bat, lets talk about that..they had options and trades to do to fill that hole...one of my favorite to get guys and might not cost that much was cuddyer of the rockies...a solid outfielder who could play first...he would be a great fit.
I think the righty bat issue is more important then losing the catcher.
The departure of Martin is not why I'm calling the Yanks a 3rd place team......one of the reasons absolutely......lets face it Yanks are an old team in allot of areas.....needed improvement...ill afford to get only worse...don't really have much already established help from AAA...only hope they have in the minors is still 2-3 years away we hope....Hal made it crystal clear chose to go 1 year offers or forget about it in the FA market this current off season except 39 year old Ichiro whom he gave a 2 year deal to....a mistake I thought.....no trades....no decent pickups at all except Youk oh boy......is Martin worth 2 tears 17M the Pirates offered him? absolutely not.....but it never stopped the Yanks before......and with Martin being the best the Yanks could have behind the plate.....should of been a no brainer.....after all its always been the free spending Yanks......look at the bum ARod....10 years 275M....the richest contract in sports history...and he was nowhere near worth that even at the time....worse mistake Hal and Hank made....but no offers to Martin....cause he wanted 2 years.....couldn't afford Justin Upton mere rather inexpensive contract.....as they stayed away from him and other possible moves.....still a good nucleus as a team mostly on the mound...that needs some help in other areas.....Yanks need big league help not AAA help....not good....not good at all is all I can say....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#268649 Jan 28, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>The departure of Martin is not why I'm calling the Yanks a 3rd place team......one of the reasons absolutely......lets face it Yanks are an old team in allot of areas.....needed improvement...ill afford to get only worse...don't really have much already established help from AAA...only hope they have in the minors is still 2-3 years away we hope....Hal made it crystal clear chose to go 1 year offers or forget about it in the FA market this current off season except 39 year old Ichiro whom he gave a 2 year deal to....a mistake I thought.....no trades....no decent pickups at all except Youk oh boy......is Martin worth 2 tears 17M the Pirates offered him? absolutely not.....but it never stopped the Yanks before......and with Martin being the best the Yanks could have behind the plate.....should of been a no brainer.....after all its always been the free spending Yanks......look at the bum ARod....10 years 275M....the richest contract in sports history...and he was nowhere near worth that even at the time....worse mistake Hal and Hank made....but no offers to Martin....cause he wanted 2 years.....couldn't afford Justin Upton mere rather inexpensive contract.....as they stayed away from him and other possible moves.....still a good nucleus as a team mostly on the mound...that needs some help in other areas.....Yanks need big league help not AAA help....not good....not good at all is all I can say....

my feeling was a good righthanded bat...not catcher...that will hurt them the most. had they gotten one, I think we both feel alot better...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 18 min Black scientist 13,327
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 62,346
Madam President 1 hr doomednewt 193
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr rainmaker2016 15,643
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr DILLIGAF 13,886
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) 3 hr Under a Palm 1,818
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr Bubblez6325 12,849
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 7 hr Paris Cowboy 84

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages