Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#264782 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning everyone! Speaking of empty seats there is a scathing article in the NY Post today where the writer is asking jet fans to stay home the rest of the season in protest of the jets horrible season. The article chronicles the past two seasons. I for one refuse to go to another jet game until changes are made.
Great call on the signing of Andy, Yanks made it official yesterday with a one year 12 milion contract. Not sure how they came up with that number, that's a lot for a guy coming off a year with only 15 starts.

Yankee Stadium

#264783 Nov 29, 2012
Yanks will focus on Rivera, Ichiro and Martin before setting their sights on a 4th OF, utility INF and another basement bargain starter long pen guy.

More or less the same team that went to last years ALCS. Did they do enough to push them into the 2013 WS?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#264784 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Yanks will focus on Rivera, Ichiro and Martin before setting their sights on a 4th OF, utility INF and another basement bargain starter long pen guy.
More or less the same team that went to last years ALCS. Did they do enough to push them into the 2013 WS?

According to various sites martin wants 4 years. Not happening. I see other choices. Aj of the white sox or napoli.
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#264785 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great call on the signing of Andy, Yanks made it official yesterday with a one year 12 milion contract. Not sure how they came up with that number, that's a lot for a guy coming off a year with only 15 starts.
No "hometown discount" from Andy. Pettitte really doesn't like the Yankees or New York in general, but no other team would be willing to give him 12 million.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264786 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:

still the rumor out there of grandy being traded...only cano will be long term...interesting thoughts on victorino...

Yankee Stadium

#264787 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
According to various sites martin wants 4 years. Not happening. I see other choices. Aj of the white sox or napoli.
No way Yanks should offer him 4 years.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264788 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Yanks should offer him 4 years.

no way to 3 years either...by then sanchez and other rookies will be ready...pirates offered him 3 and he still has the rangers and sox to toss offers...2 max. if not, see ya..

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#264789 Nov 29, 2012
Well good morning everyone! A lot of talk this morning on sports radio regarding baseball HOF with steroid era players on the ballot. In my opinion I would vote players in based on their numbers. However there should be a footnote in their bios in the HOF that they were part of the steroid era.

Also did anyone See the fight between the celtics and nets? Wow.

Yankee Stadium

#264790 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
still the rumor out there of grandy being traded...only cano will be long term...interesting thoughts on victorino...
He's still a very good fielder, a switch hitter, can play CF and runs like a deer. Not as much power as Swisher...as good on OBP guy....better post season performer than Swisher.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/v...

Yankee Stadium

#264791 Nov 29, 2012
Bronx Boneheads wrote:
<quoted text>
No "hometown discount" from Andy. Pettitte really doesn't like the Yankees or New York in general, but no other team would be willing to give him 12 million.
Really? Can you send me a link that says that he does not like NY or the Yankees?

Agree no other team would offer him $12 million however.

Yankee Stadium

#264792 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
Well good morning everyone! A lot of talk this morning on sports radio regarding baseball HOF with steroid era players on the ballot. In my opinion I would vote players in based on their numbers. However there should be a footnote in their bios in the HOF that they were part of the steroid era.
Sort of agree with you on the roid users and the HOF, would not let them in if I was voting after they are eligible though. Maybe a guy like Bonds and Clemens in 10 years. No way Sosa and McGuire would get my vote, Bonds and Clemens were good enough players as is to me.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264793 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of agree with you on the roid users and the HOF, would not let them in if I was voting after they are eligible though. Maybe a guy like Bonds and Clemens in 10 years. No way Sosa and McGuire would get my vote, Bonds and Clemens were good enough players as is to me.

Bonds and clemons were hof prior ro roids. And not a big fan of either.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264794 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Can you send me a link that says that he does not like NY or the Yankees?
Agree no other team would offer him $12 million however.

There is no link. He has learned well from his new boss. Lie and annoy. Boneheads is an out of work 21 year old mental case.
Pa

United States

#264795 Nov 29, 2012
huh

Yankee Stadium

#264796 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
Humphries acting as the goon for sure.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8688541/bos...
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#264797 Nov 29, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
There is no link. He has learned well from his new boss. Lie and annoy. Boneheads is an out of work 21 year old mental case.
jimi, we no you're not a detective. Once again you're making a fool of yourself. Your ignorance is intriguing!

“I call it as I see it”

New York

#264798 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a tough topic to have an opinion. For me it's all about the numbers. I also feel Pete rose should be in the HOF as well

“I call it as I see it”

New York

#264799 Nov 29, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Humphries acting as the goon for sure.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8688541/bos...
Agreed. However as much as I am a casual knick fan. I like the feisty play of the Brooklyn nets.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#264800 Nov 29, 2012
Bronx Boneheads wrote:
<quoted text>
jimi, we no you're not a detective. Once again you're making a fool of yourself. Your ignorance is intriguing!

"No"???? Lmfao. How about "know". Your the dope who posted a while back you're 21. As for mental slackers you prove it daily. Now please do what your boss orders. Or else.

Yankee Stadium

#264801 Nov 29, 2012
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a tough topic to have an opinion. For me it's all about the numbers. I also feel Pete rose should be in the HOF as well
Pete Rose is a HOF regardless of what the sports writters say. I don't need them to tell me that.

But the roid issue we sort of agree on it should not prevent someone from making the HOF. But there is a gray area that adds to the process already subjective attributes. Namely the writters need to take into account guys like Sosa and McGuire were decent players until steriods helped them produce ridiclous numbers. Who was a HOF without roids? Was Palermo a HOF? He's a good player, but how much did roids help him? Did roids help him as much as they did Sosa?

The distinction between Bonds, Clemens and Arod Vs Sosa and McGuire are obvious. But what about Palermo? What about guys like like Piazza, Manny and Ortiz? I'm guessing they were great players without roids...but did roids help them produce over the top numbers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 32 min SweLL GirL 16,059
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 61,065
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr Into The Night 12,546
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr The real Paris 11,952
Yankees talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 43,223
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr rainmaker2016 15,176
Carlos Danger says fire Kaepernick 4 hr Carlos Dangerous 1
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 11 hr jimi-yank 5,105
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 15 hr ChiefFan1 13,371
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued Aug 26 rainmaker2016 54

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages