Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252748 Jun 5, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>You loved the original King Kong? What about the one from the 70's? Like that one? I found that boring
Read...

http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T2HJ06E7ST774T... #252547

Palpatine

“ObamaCare Will Doom You”

Since: Jun 09

Part Time Workers U Will Be

#252750 Jun 5, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
If you saw the movie in its original run, maybe it was better. The crew was an oil company seeking oil. You had in those days the gasoline shortages, so at the time, it was a hot topic. Maybe it could have held my interest more in the 70's. Now the original still holds up today. One of the greatest films ever alongside to Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark. My 3 favorite all time movies

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

#252751 Jun 5, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
76 burgers a day and even at $5 a pop only translates to $380 a day. Tough to compete with McDonalds which sells 76 in a half hour I'm guessing.
Iím not going to make a habit of coming in here during business hours, but I simply HAD to reply to this oneÖ

#1 Ė Iím not anywhere near a McDonalds. Or a Burger King. Or a Wendyís.
#2 Ė Iím not in the same competition as McDonalds. I sell FOOD at my place. My burgers are made from fresh beef, no frozen 1/8 lb patties, no pink slime, no additives, no ground up parts & cartilage. My patties are actually VISIBLE once the bun is in place. My place is for Burger lovers. Itís not designed to mass produce human-chow style burgers & synthetic beef-flavored fries to the masses like McDonalds & quite frankly, I donít WANT that customer base either. I want people who know a good burger when they eat one. McDonalds is nowhere near a good burger. Iím not even sure if that qualifies as meatÖ

76 Burgers a day @$6.00 each =$456.00
Each burger COSTS me $1.50. Profit margin -$4.50x76 =$342.00

120 orders of Fries a day @$2.50 each =$300.00
Each order of fries COSTS me $0.50. Profit margin -$2.00x120 =$240.00

53 Foot-long Hotdogs @$3.50 each =$185.50
Each Hotdog COSTS me $1.25. Profit margin -$2.25x$119.25

120 Large Drinks a day @$2.50 each =$300.00
Each drink INCLUDING cup COSTS me $1.00. Profit margin -$1.50x120 =$180.00

Profit Margin Average per day =$881.25. Or approximately $6200 per week.
Minus Rent, Utilities & Payroll = approximately $2400 per week.
Gross weekly profit =$3800.00 per week, average.

NOT INLCUDING sales of Chicken Patties (22 @$5.00), Sausage Patties (16 @$5.00), Veggie Burgers (24 @$5.00), Orders of Onion Rings (57 @ 3.50), Other size Drinks including bottled soda & water, Milkshakes. I also offer Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & BLTís & Iím working on adding Wings to the menu tooÖ

“That's Un-Possible!”

#252752 Jun 5, 2012
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, and please keep us posted.
I'm sure, despite all the stupid BS, everyone is wishing
you nothing but success
Thanx Harley. I appreciate your support.

I really wish I was able to share the location with you guys, but there are just too many jealous, bitter, envious assholes out there who'd go out of their way to ruin things for me. I guarantee you, if my location leaked out, it wouldn't be a week before somebody in here tried to bury me with a bad online review or show up to make a scene at my place. It's pathetic...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252753 Jun 5, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>If you saw the movie in its original run, maybe it was better. The crew was an oil company seeking oil. You had in those days the gasoline shortages, so at the time, it was a hot topic. Maybe it could have held my interest more in the 70's. Now the original still holds up today. One of the greatest films ever alongside to Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark. My 3 favorite all time movies
The remake premiered in 1976. That was chronologically in between the middle east oil embargoes of 1974 & 1979. No oil shortages or long lines for gasoline...

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#252754 Jun 5, 2012
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, and please keep us posted.
I'm sure, despite all the stupid BS, everyone is wishing
you nothing but success
Oh I agree, we all wish him well in his efforts.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#252755 Jun 5, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, I was ripped by both Yankee and Mets fans for my spring training predictions.
Its obvious now to all the Met hack and stalker is jealous and feels irrelevent like some little kid at a party desperate for attention.
so far fu youre met predictions look pretty good todate..Mets are certainly better than the Red Sox the record show! As of today they are over .500....Good Job!

With 31 win to date the mets are in good position to win more than the 75 games I predicted....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252756 Jun 5, 2012
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
They've done a nice job making the Spurs look bad.
Not sure I'd agree OKC made SA look "bad."...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252757 Jun 5, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not going to make a habit of coming in here during business hours, but I simply HAD to reply to this oneÖ

#1 Ė Iím not anywhere near a McDonalds. Or a Burger King. Or a Wendyís.

#2 Ė Iím not in the same competition as McDonalds. I sell FOOD at my place. My burgers are made from fresh beef, no frozen 1/8 lb patties, no pink slime, no additives, no ground up parts & cartilage. My patties are actually VISIBLE once the bun is in place. My place is for Burger lovers. Itís not designed to mass produce human-chow style burgers & synthetic beef-flavored fries to the masses like McDonalds & quite frankly, I donít WANT that customer base either. I want people who know a good burger when they eat one. McDonalds is nowhere near a good burger. Iím not even sure if that qualifies as meatÖ

76 Burgers a day @$6.00 each =$456.00
Each burger COSTS me $1.50. Profit margin -$4.50x76 =$342.00
120 orders of Fries a day @$2.50 each =$300.00

Each order of fries COSTS me $0.50. Profit margin -$2.00x120 =$240.00

53 Foot-long Hotdogs @$3.50 each =$185.50
Each Hotdog COSTS me $1.25. Profit margin -$2.25x$119.25

120 Large Drinks a day @$2.50 each =$300.00
Each drink INCLUDING cup COSTS me $1.00. Profit margin -$1.50x120 =$180.00

Profit Margin Average per day =$881.25. Or approximately $6200 per week.

Minus Rent, Utilities & Payroll = approximately $2400 per week.
Gross weekly profit =$3800.00 per week, average.

NOT INLCUDING sales of Chicken Patties (22 @$5.00), Sausage Patties (16 @$5.00), Veggie Burgers (24 @$5.00), Orders of Onion Rings (57 @ 3.50), Other size Drinks including bottled soda & water, Milkshakes. I also offer Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & BLTís & Iím working on adding Wings to the menu tooÖ
Interesting...

You sell Hot Dogs @$3.75 & cost $1.25. Is there a reason your margin is less than 3X when your other food items are at least 4X?...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#252758 Jun 5, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
They're irrelevent so who cares, I know I don't
ain't that the truth I'am with ya!

Washington, DC

#252759 Jun 5, 2012
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but it's still early. There are still many people who live / work in the area who don't even know it's there, and plenty who do know, but haven't tried it yet. Give it time. If it's good, word will spread, and he'll be booming.
I hope he has a few "healthy" items on the menu.....for those pains in the azzez who don't eat red meat, like veggie burgers, and my personal favorite, which is a burger with EVERYTHING.....except the meat!
Nah, screw the health foods and just give me a good high calorie burger. Thats why I go to a fast food joint....but i rarely go. I'm more a turkey sandwich guy myself. I do enjoy Zorns and Pizza take however.

Anytime I have a fast food burger is when I'm traveling on an interstate highway.

But thats me.

Palpatine

#252760 Jun 5, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx Harley. I appreciate your support.
I really wish I was able to share the location with you guys, but there are just too many jealous, bitter, envious assholes out there who'd go out of their way to ruin things for me. I guarantee you, if my location leaked out, it wouldn't be a week before somebody in here tried to bury me with a bad online review or show up to make a scene at my place. It's pathetic...
Only one who would do something like that is Don

Palpatine

#252761 Jun 5, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
The remake premiered in 1976. That was chronologically in between the middle east oil embargoes of 1974 & 1979. No oil shortages or long lines for gasoline...
You missed the point. Gasoline shortages were a reality in the 70's. The movie premiered in 76 but the idea sprung 2 years earlier when developing the script. Its not a reality today gasoline shortages. You ever see Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston?

Washington, DC

#252762 Jun 5, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought so...
Yup. Another boring film...
I liked Brubaker, The Sting, Downhill Racer, Three Days of the Condor and of course The Natural by Redford
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252763 Jun 5, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the point. Gasoline shortages were a reality in the 70's. The movie premiered in 76 but the idea sprung 2 years earlier when developing the script. Its not a reality today gasoline shortages. You ever see Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston?
I get it now that you articulated in more detail your initial point...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252764 Jun 5, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked Brubaker, The Sting, Downhill Racer, Three Days of the Condor and of course The Natural by Redford
Brubaker 1 of the really great underrated films...

Redford's best work to me was All the President's Men...

“That's Un-Possible!”

#252765 Jun 5, 2012
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
You sell Hot Dogs @$3.75 & cost $1.25. Is there a reason your margin is less than 3X when your other food items are at least 4X?...
Hot Dogs were an after-thought, to tell the truth. Plus, there are two Hot Dog trucks right down the road from me near the beach, they sell their Dogs for $2.75 each. I wanted to try to stay somewhere in their price range while still making a profit...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#252766 Jun 5, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I agree, we all wish him well in his efforts.

Of course.

If I were him I would make sure momma got the address asap. At least 3-5 burgers sold a day more and 2-3 milkshakes and 2 fries. That is only lunch. Even if he is in carolina.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#252767 Jun 5, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot Dogs were an after-thought, to tell the truth. Plus, there are two Hot Dog trucks right down the road from me near the beach, they sell their Dogs for $2.75 each. I wanted to try to stay somewhere in their price range while still making a profit...
Understood...

Would increasing the price a quarter compromise the ability to sell?...

“That's Un-Possible!”

#252768 Jun 5, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Only one who would do something like that is Don
Donnie's a given. He's the main reason.

I wouldn't put it past Pauly to pull some kind of devious crap either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min cpeter1313 320,311
Russia's "Dead Hand" Protects N Korea 11 min USA now 3rd world 12
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr Carlos 15,207
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Carlos 45,794
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,151
News 'Life estate' doesn't prevent selling a house (Mar '08) 2 hr DonnaC 49
News High-flying photog's parents fight Instagram fo... 3 hr Boycott Instagram 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 19 hr NEMO 5,738

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages