Experts: LI should brace for cold January

There are 31 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 10, 2009, titled Experts: LI should brace for cold January. In it, Newsday reports that:

It's been more snowy than typical this winter on Long Island , although totals are likely to end up closer to annual averages than they have in the past few years, experts said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
watcher

New York, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2009
Nine degrees. You call that cold? Upstate, it's 6 degrees right now, Tuesday it's going to be -8F, and Weds it's gonna hit -19F.
Truth Teller

Roslyn, NY

#2 Jan 10, 2009
These the same experts who said we'd get 8 inches of snow today, when we only ended up with 2 inches?

Just wondering.
Mike

Littleton, CO

#3 Jan 10, 2009
Darn Global Warming. It's so elusive. It's hot in summer and cold in winter. Wow, I guess that's enough proof for me that we are all going to die from Global Warming. Lucky for us us, AlGore warned us...
Whatever

Wantagh, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2009
Newsday....your horrible.

Really, I'm ashamed that this is my 'hometown' paper.

You seriously need to get your stories STRAIGHT.

Starting with the 8 inches of snow you HYPED.

Terrible. When are the layoffs coming for Newsday? May I suggest starting with the writers and whoever runs this dreadfully slow website.
Enough already

Huntington Station, NY

#5 Jan 10, 2009
You mean John Valenti did not wrie this article?
Truth Teller

Roslyn, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2009
Gotta love the last line in this article:

"When it's too warm, rain replaces snow"

Who wrote this, a 3rd grader?
Jim

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jan 10, 2009
Truth Teller wrote:
Gotta love the last line in this article:
"When it's too warm, rain replaces snow"
Who wrote this, a 3rd grader?
Impossible!!! 3rd graders know better!
jim

Warren, NJ

#8 Jan 10, 2009
Blame AL GORE

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 10, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible!!! 3rd graders know better!
Ain't it sweet living in Arizona Jim?..it was 80 degrees and sunny today..expect more of that tomorrow...
Good job Liberals

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jan 10, 2009
I want NY to be warm. In the 60's would be great. Where is my damn global warming? I want Global Warming. All these damn lib's and Newsday saying we have Global warming? Where is it?
GLOBAL WARMING PLEASE

Location hidden

#11 Jan 10, 2009
Good job Liberals wrote:
I want NY to be warm. In the 60's would be great. Where is my damn global warming? I want Global Warming. All these damn lib's and Newsday saying we have Global warming? Where is it?
GLOBAL WARMING PLEASE
Tis' not the season for you...

“NO AMNESTY!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Elizabeth, NJ

#12 Jan 10, 2009
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't it sweet living in Arizona Jim?..it was 80 degrees and sunny today..expect more of that tomorrow...
Ok..But come summer, it'll be 112 over there too!!
LoDanglyn Balz

Downey, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2009
been finger blastin' my backdoor for an hour...startin' to feel sore

Location hidden

#14 Jan 10, 2009
NICADEMUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..But come summer, it'll be 112 over there too!!
But only 15-20% humid...much stickier in a NY summer..trust me I been here along time and grew up in Jersey..still like the summers better here..and besides everywhere you go here is AC...
Green Eggs

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 11, 2009
LoDanglyn Balz wrote:
been finger blastin' my backdoor for an hour...startin' to feel sore
Be sure to wash up before you make a sandwich.
gore gore gore

Westbury, NY

#17 Jan 11, 2009
Hey remember the winters of 1993-94 and 1996? Then we accumulated 100+ inches of snow per year,now those where the years I made real over time money working for DSNY. Hey johnny D you suck the big one!You little sissy boy.
PR_Flack_In_Trai ning

Hawthorne, NJ

#18 Jan 11, 2009
These forecasts are useless, indeed much of what's in the article is back-casting what's happened so far. Hindsight is 20-20.
apocalypse soon

East Northport, NY

#19 Jan 11, 2009
So cold that the politicians will be putting their hands in their own pockets.
hooray

Paterson, NJ

#20 Jan 11, 2009
Wow, how easy it to write this article 10 days into the month. You already can see the 10 day forecast, which we know is going to be cold, so basically it is just guessing on the last 11 days of the month.

Guessing that the last 11 days in January are going to be cold isn't that far of a stretch.

I could have written this article with no research necessary.
Little Al Gore

Lindenhurst, NY

#21 Jan 11, 2009
Hey, thatís why we changed 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change'.... so we could blame any weather event on CO2. Hot, cold, melting, freezing.... doesn't matter; it's all our fault now regardless of what happens. Brilliant, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min zion 53,445
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 4 min scirocco 3,890
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min State the Obvious 309,844
Hillary is pushing 70 17 min Environmentalist PhD 4
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 30 min Sunoco Fat Todd 316,310
News Nereida "Nelly" Silverio, RN, of Lutheran Medic... (Sep '12) 34 min Mrs Deformed Sanchez 4
Poll What Happened To The West Babylon Poster? (Jan '13) 39 min Mrs Deformed Sanchez 42
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Guinness Drinker 19,162
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]