THE GLAVE

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I am embarrassed for them and feel sorry for them that they have to use Jose Biaz for commentary when they just can not find anyone else.
The Phanton Hell Rider

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
They always have been that way.
Racists have low IQ's anyway, that's Fox News core audience.
Conservative Value's so They Claim...Conservative To what Agenda,is what I would like to Know.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Carnival sideshows and race-baiting make money. Money is the only thing politicians care about... so don't hold your breath. It is only going to get worse.
Your talking to the chorus on that......Corporate greed is at the root, of most of our problems....and it touches everyone.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to prove journalistic malfeasance? In order to prove my claims? It is a common fact that these "news" organizations did this, and long before Fox existed.
So, you can't prove it....even though, it was a "common fact"?.....And, frankly I don't recall CNN being off center at all, back then.....

Since: Jan 08

brooklyn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I am all for helping the needy but i am fcikn sick uf funding the lazy
Obskeptic

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So, you can't prove it....even though, it was a "common fact"?.....And, frankly I don't recall CNN being off center at all, back then.....
This doesn't count?

http://walterolson.com/articles/crashtests.ht...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't count?
http://walterolson.com/articles/crashtests.ht...
The 3 Main networks on and off difficulties with their Auto Safety Reports.....would hardly compare with purposeful lying, in an ongoing agenda to either race-bait and promote one minority over all American's....or, to lie consistantly in the effort to totally discredit one party, in our two party political system.....Doubt, your earlier examples were connected to Corporate Greed.....But, it controls the switches at every Cable News Network, now.....You should agree, that the ethics compass of our news coverage, has been damaged beyond reason........and what scares me most, is that, i see few others are having this conversation.....
The Phanton Hell Rider

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Fox Is...F.O.S..All Racist PIG'S!!!
Obskeptic

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The 3 Main networks on and off difficulties with their Auto Safety Reports.....would hardly compare with purposeful lying, in an ongoing agenda to either race-bait and promote one minority over all American's....or, to lie consistantly in the effort to totally discredit one party, in our two party political system.....Doubt, your earlier examples were connected to Corporate Greed.....But, it controls the switches at every Cable News Network, now.....You should agree, that the ethics compass of our news coverage, has been damaged beyond reason........and what scares me most, is that, i see few others are having this conversation.....
I do agree that the idea of journalistic ethics seems dead. What most are in the industry today are not journalists. They are information repeaters, and the information they repeat is very controlled both in content and timing. With the exception of Fox, who else has "diversity" in their editorial staff that decides what information makes it on air, and attempts to deliver an unbiased news report? I watch them all and see advocates, not objective journalism DD. The Trayvon Martin case is a recent classic example. Everyone but Fox is trying to foment race tension by posturing that Zimmerman is a racist and is guilty of something, anything, other then being a concerned citizen for his neighborhood, that was motivated to "watch" things during the off hours when break-ins were occurring. He had every right to inquire what Trayvon was up to, and if Trayvon was a polite and respectful young man, he would likely have finished his "skittles" without incident. The testimony is that he was not that kind of young man, and there is evidence to support that, but George Zimmerman was the bad guy for trying to protect his neighborhood and his own life when he was violently assaulted by the angry young black man. Trials not over, but I predict acquittal on second degree murder. Then we will see if the angry black mob the mainstream networks are trying to whip up erupts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that the idea of journalistic ethics seems dead. What most are in the industry today are not journalists. They are information repeaters, and the information they repeat is very controlled both in content and timing. With the exception of Fox, who else has "diversity" in their editorial staff that decides what information makes it on air, and attempts to deliver an unbiased news report? I watch them all and see advocates, not objective journalism DD. The Trayvon Martin case is a recent classic example. Everyone but Fox is trying to foment race tension by posturing that Zimmerman is a racist and is guilty of something, anything, other then being a concerned citizen for his neighborhood, that was motivated to "watch" things during the off hours when break-ins were occurring. He had every right to inquire what Trayvon was up to, and if Trayvon was a polite and respectful young man, he would likely have finished his "skittles" without incident. The testimony is that he was not that kind of young man, and there is evidence to support that, but George Zimmerman was the bad guy for trying to protect his neighborhood and his own life when he was violently assaulted by the angry young black man. Trials not over, but I predict acquittal on second degree murder. Then we will see if the angry black mob the mainstream networks are trying to whip up erupts.
We agree on all the main issues, regarding this overblown case.....I don't agree Fox is innocent of slanted news, but mainly of the political realm....They have been straight about this specific case.....Now, ewe see CNN and MSNBC slowly morphing into a, "Maybe We Overstepped" position, lively cushioning the coming blow of an acquittal....If our black society acts out, after this trial....they will have chosen the wrong battle.....and Black leaders, HLN, CNN, MSNBC should be held, largely responsible.....
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Hey Fox Boot lickers!!!

Why are you not up in arms, New York Times and Washington Post? Why so quiet, Cleveland Plain Dealer and Sacramento Bee? Weekly newspaper editors, students at the Columbia School of Journalism, government employees who have quietly revealed wrongdoing to reporters – why are you not raising hell about what is happening to Fox News investigative reporter Jana Winter?

Winter is currently facing a jail sentence for refusing to reveal the sources who provided her with alleged Aurora shooter James Holmes’ notebook, which he had sent to a psychiatrist and which was"full of details about how he was going to kill people." Holmes’ defense attorneys subpoenaed Winter to testify about who told her about the notebook and a Colorado judge has said that he will rule on April 10thwhether Winter must reveal her source or face jail time for refusing to testify.

Winter’s dilemma should not just trouble just her colleagues at Fox News – it should trouble every single American who values the First Amendment, freedom of the press and the free exchange of dialogue between the media and those who supply journalists with information.

That Winter is even in this position should send a chill down the spine of anyone who has ever read a piece of investigative journalism.

Chances are that nearly every reporter who has received a Pulitzer has benefited from a source who has leaked information. From Woodward and Bernstein, who met with a mysterious source named Deep Throat in a garage, to a local zoning board official who is privy to municipal corruption in a small town, conversations between journalists and unnamed sources lead to investigative articles that shed light on the very things those in power would rather not reveal. Off the record conversations – or “leaks,” as they may be less pleasantly called -- are the bricks and mortar of what you read when you crack open a newspaper.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Was the notebook a piece of evidence, never shown to law enforcement?......
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

I'm trying to find out more about this story.

Since: Jan 08

brooklyn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

ZCs wrote:
Hey Fox Boot lickers!!!
Why are you not up in arms, New York Times and Washington Post? Why so quiet, Cleveland Plain Dealer and Sacramento Bee? Weekly newspaper editors, students at the Columbia School of Journalism, government employees who have quietly revealed wrongdoing to reporters – why are you not raising hell about what is happening to Fox News investigative reporter Jana Winter?
Winter is currently facing a jail sentence for refusing to reveal the sources who provided her with alleged Aurora shooter James Holmes’ notebook, which he had sent to a psychiatrist and which was"full of details about how he was going to kill people." Holmes’ defense attorneys subpoenaed Winter to testify about who told her about the notebook and a Colorado judge has said that he will rule on April 10thwhether Winter must reveal her source or face jail time for refusing to testify.
Winter’s dilemma should not just trouble just her colleagues at Fox News – it should trouble every single American who values the First Amendment, freedom of the press and the free exchange of dialogue between the media and those who supply journalists with information.
That Winter is even in this position should send a chill down the spine of anyone who has ever read a piece of investigative journalism.
Chances are that nearly every reporter who has received a Pulitzer has benefited from a source who has leaked information. From Woodward and Bernstein, who met with a mysterious source named Deep Throat in a garage, to a local zoning board official who is privy to municipal corruption in a small town, conversations between journalists and unnamed sources lead to investigative articles that shed light on the very things those in power would rather not reveal. Off the record conversations – or “leaks,” as they may be less pleasantly called -- are the bricks and mortar of what you read when you crack open a newspaper.
Get back in your cell Jamaal
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Rupert Murdoch has vowed to hit back at what he feels is a persecution of his tabloid titles over phone hacking and bribery of public officials, criticising the police treatment of former top lieutenant Rebekah Brooks.

In a secret recording made during a meeting with Sun staff in March, the 82-year-old media mogul also indicated that his successor will be eldest son, Lachlan, or Robert Thomson, the chief executive of News Corporation.

In the recording, a full transcript of which has been published by investigative website Exaro, Murdoch hits out at the excessive amount of police firepower used to arrest Brooks, the former chief of his UK publishing empire.

"The people who came in and turned over Rebekah on a Monday morning, and her mother-in-law, there [were] about 15 or 16, most of them, a dozen or so, came from Manchester, a murder squad or something. And there were three local cops. It's ridiculous, quite openly," he said.

Murdoch also said that the police falsely accused the publisher blocking their investigation when they came to search the company's headquarters in Wapping.

"[Police] were in Rebekah's office for two days, thereabouts, when there were three executives in there with them," he said. "And [the police] say how they came in and got all this stuff against great resistance. But there was nothing there. They [the executives] were just watching. And [the police] didn't get anything worthwhile anyway, but that's another matter."

Murdoch was scathing in his assessment of the police, labelling them "totally incompetent" and a "disgrace", saying that he will hit back at what he believes is a persecution of his tabloid titles.

Geoff Webster, the Sun's deputy editor, referring to the perceived police vendetta, said it would be "nice to hit back when we can".

"We will, we will," says Murdoch.
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Eat Your hearts out!!

Kudos to Keith!!!

After a 16-year absence, Keith Olbermann is returning to ESPN, the New York Times reported Tuesday night.

Rumors had been swirling for weeks that the former Current TV anchor was "in serious discussions" with ESPN, but apparently the deal will officially be announced on Wednesday.

According the Times, Olbermann, 54, will host a late night talk show from New York that will air on ESPN 2. Although Olbermann may discuss other topics besides sports, his new contract reportedly forbids him from talking about politics on the program.

Olbermann recently signed a deal to host TBS' studio coverage of Major League Baseball alongside Hall of Fame pitcher and analyst Dennis Eckersley in Atlanta; it's unclear if that gig will be affected by his new one.

Olbermann's history with broadcasting networks has been contentious at best. Although his brash personality resonates with many viewers, the commentator and writer rarely gets along well with TV executives. He was fired from his Current TV job in March 2012, fired from MSNBC in 2011 and fired by Fox Sports Net in 2001. He left ESPN in 1997 under what The Times described as "emotionally charged circumstances."
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

O'Reilly is always saying if you have an example of Republican bias at Fox send it to him and he will report it, even though people send him examples all the time, including me, and he ignores them all. Here is some more Billy, today President Obama gave a speech on the economy, and Fox News was the only cable news network to not show all of it, Fox cut away after the first 8 minutes.

CNN and MSNBC showed the entire speech from beginning to end. And this was not just any old speech, it was a state of the economy speech that every American needed to hear. It was a high-profile speech that took credit for a comeback but warned against persistent "inequality of opportunity" and fights over the federal budget that could undo progress. And yet, Fox News only showed 8 minutes of it.

After airing President Obama's economic speech live for only eight minutes, Fox News cut away to commercial break. When America Live returned from commercial, guest host Shannon Bream announced the newly given name of the royal baby and then launched into a segment attacking Obama's newest judicial nominee, Cornelia Pillard. Fox also ran a story about the Royal baby name, and a story about a swat team raiding the wrong apartment.

Fox has a habit of cutting away early from the president's speeches -- they left Obama's live remarks in Berlin to cover tea party protests, cut away from Obama's recent climate change speech in order to host a climate change denier, and cut short live coverage of Obama's reaction to the Senate's vote on gun control legislation.

And of course, O'Reilly ignored it all, but when Bush was in office and MSNBC or CNN cut away from a Bush speech before it was over O'Reilly reported that and called them biased un-American partisans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I'm shocked that especially MSNBC and CNN could possibly tear themselves away from their moneymaker...Racist, pro-Trayvon, Racebaiting, 18 month agenda driven "NEWS"?....Surprisin gly, Fox was the straightest in their trial and race coverage.....
Jerry

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

yo
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Great job Sharpton!!

Keep up the good work!

MSNBC host Al Sharpton dedicated a long segment on PoliticsNation Thursday evening to discussing conservative commentators who have criticized President Obama and other officials publicly about race.

Sharpton focused most of his commentary on Bill O'Reilly, using his comments about visiting Sylvia's restaurant in Harlem and an Anita Baker concert as proof that he is out of touch, and shouldn't be taken seriously on the issue.

David Brock and Joy Reid were on with Sharpton to give O'Reilly a reality check. But they also slammed Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity too, for saying pretty much exactly what O'Reilly said, even though O'Reilly said he is nothing like them and not a partisan right-winger, even though he clearly is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 4 min mjjcpa 14,406
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 min FuMan Chu Yanks 306,068
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,435
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 45,870
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 24 min The_Box 305,178
Boycott Walgreens!. 31 min scott 5
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 52 min An Old Sailor 10,234
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••