Fox is going down
Fact

Bronx, NY

#4333 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and i don't....let me explain...Fox is totally far right, republican agenda drivin...i admit it...but about real crime and news, they are pretty, middle-of-the-road.......WHILE , MSNBC is pro-democratic...they along with CNN, HLN and NBC are pro-minority and an overly racial correctness, where many cases...especially the Martin/Zimmerman case were decided long ago....Lynchmob television sell's in this corporate greedy world.......
Corporate greed is what's driving today's media.
News media today is not about the news any more it's about ratings, advertising dollars, corporate interests, etc.
The more sensationalistic, outrageous and extreme; the more advertising dollars come in and the rates for those dollars go up.
Corporate America has created a nation of zombies.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4334 Jun 21, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>Corporate greed is what's driving today's media.
News media today is not about the news any more it's about ratings, advertising dollars, corporate interests, etc.
The more sensationalistic, outrageous and extreme; the more advertising dollars come in and the rates for those dollars go up.
Corporate America has created a nation of zombies.
Why else would someone like the abrasive and totally judgemental Nancy Grace, get the exposure and ratings she does?....Al Sharpton marching on Sanford, yet has a "NEWS" Show on MSNBC.....Projectile hurl.....
Fact

Bronx, NY

#4335 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Why else would someone like the abrasive and totally judgemental Nancy Grace, get the exposure and ratings she does?....Al Sharpton marching on Sanford, yet has a "NEWS" Show on MSNBC.....Projectile hurl.....
All an indication the apocalypse is upon us.
nac

Merrick, NY

#4336 Jun 21, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who watches more than 3 minutes of Fox News is officially lobotomized.
The same can be said about CNN and MSNBC viewers. If you get your "news" from any of the mainstream media propaganda outlets and consider yourself politically informed... you are sadly mistaken.

ALL of the major news networks are to news what the WWE is to sports. Just as the WWE calls itself "sports entertainment," CNN/MSNBC/FOX/et al should call themselves News Entertainment.

The purpose of each is to create an echo chamber of nonsense intended to divide the people to hate one party and support the other... so they don't realize that BOTH parties are controlled by the same big banks and big corporations.

If you honestly think that Republicans and Democrats IN WASHINGTON have different agendas, it's time to wake up. They pay lip service to different things, but they all work for the big banks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4337 Jun 21, 2013
Fox plays dirty on political issues....the rest play dirty on social and often legal/judicial issues......
nac

Merrick, NY

#4338 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Fox plays dirty on political issues....the rest play dirty on social and often legal/judicial issues......
They all play dirty on all issues, don't kid yourself.
Obskeptic

Ypsilanti, MI

#4339 Jun 22, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who watches more than 3 minutes of Fox News is officially lobotomized.
That is an idiotic statement.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4340 Jun 22, 2013
Fox is mean, hateful, Ignorant, racist and divisive.

MSNBC do not report in that manner.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4341 Jun 22, 2013
TICK, TOCK FOX BOOTLICKERS

My God O'Reilly is a low-life. James Gandolfini just died and O'Reilly is already slamming the guy for playing Tony Soprano in a way he did not like. Give me a break O'Reilly, how about you wait at least a week after his death before you trash the guy, so much for respect for the dead, you jerk.

James Gandolfini’s death Wednesday at the age of fifty-one prompted a unanimous, spontaneous, and genuine outpouring of homage. Unanimous until now. Because Bill O’Reilly wondered if Gandolfini’s sympathetic portrayal of mobster Tony Soprano was too good, in that it legitimized Soprano’s criminal acts for a nation of wannabe-gangsters.

O'Reilly said this: "I believe Gandolfini humanized the guy to the point where it might not have been a positive for the country. Because impressionable people, younger people in particular, look at this guy who murders people and he sells drugs and he does all kinds of terrible things, but you know, he’s really not all that bad."

And O'Reilly did not even get that right, Tony Soprano did not ever sell drugs, in fact, he was totally opposed to it. And the one guy in his crew who did sell drugs had to do it in secret, and when Tony found out he got mad and almost killed the guy who was selling the drugs.

Bernie Goldberg said this: "Well, Tony Soprano clearly was a horrible human being, but what made him interesting, he paid for his sins…This was a morality play. Anybody paying attention, maybe not the people you referred to, but anybody paying attention, would see that Tony Soprano lost in this morality play."

Goldberg also said this: "There were two minor groups who would want to emulate Soprano. Real-life gangsters who liked the show, and said,'Oh yeah, he is a good guy, I like him, he's like me.' And, basically, guys who want to think that they are tough, so they think,'Yeah, I want to be like Tony Soprano.' But in a big country, and show with a big audience, you are going to have losers that think that way. But there's not a shred of evidence that this affected the culture."

Earth to Bill O'Reilly, it was a tv show, it was not real, and everyone knew that. Tony Soprano was an actor who was playing a role on a tv show, moron.

O’Reilly went on to contrast Gandolfini's portrayal of Tony Soprano with Robert De Niro's Al Capone in The Untouchables. O'Reilly said this: "De Niro made Capone into a monster. And De Niro is a charasmatic actor. But he took a different way with Capone. He could have done it another way, because Capone was charming to a lot of people. But he made him a monster and I admired that portrayal."

Goldberg added this: "You know why Tony Soprano was not that kind of mobster? Because he was vulnerable. He was tortured. He was going to a psychiatrist. He was an empty soul, and there was nothing inside of him. I don’t expect kids to see that and those are the people we'll have to worry about. Grown ups who paid attention? No. This did not change the culture for the worse. It was a masterpiece."

If O'Reilly made this analysis while the Sopranos was still on the air, or soon after it went off the air, this might have been an interesting discussion. But making this analysis so soon after Mr. Gandolfini's death is just a creepy ratings trick.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4342 Jun 22, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Fox is mean, hateful, Ignorant, racist and divisive.
MSNBC do not report in that manner.
Check this out...yesterday on Colin Cowherd's ESPN Radio show, he had a T.V. writer from Los Angeles....in disccussing James Gandolfini(Tony Soprano)dying, the lala writer exclaimed he was the best actor ever, from the best television show ever.....Wow, i almost passed coffee thru my nose....lol....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4343 Jun 22, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>Corporate greed is what's driving today's media.
News media today is not about the news any more it's about ratings, advertising dollars, corporate interests, etc.
The more sensationalistic, outrageous and extreme; the more advertising dollars come in and the rates for those dollars go up.
Corporate America has created a nation of zombies.
Worst part of corporate greed is how they have minipulated this country through politics and buying off Congress..........When profits supercede common sense and simply, doing the right thing......the people become the victims.....
Fact

Bronx, NY

#4346 Jun 25, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
The same can be said about CNN and MSNBC viewers. If you get your "news" from any of the mainstream media propaganda outlets and consider yourself politically informed... you are sadly mistaken.
ALL of the major news networks are to news what the WWE is to sports. Just as the WWE calls itself "sports entertainment," CNN/MSNBC/FOX/et al should call themselves News Entertainment.
The purpose of each is to create an echo chamber of nonsense intended to divide the people to hate one party and support the other... so they don't realize that BOTH parties are controlled by the same big banks and big corporations.
If you honestly think that Republicans and Democrats IN WASHINGTON have different agendas, it's time to wake up. They pay lip service to different things, but they all work for the big banks.
Exactly what Fox News is, a propaganda outlet for Republican snake oil salesman.
Politicians are as crooked as the day is long, they sell a line of crap, have fund raisers for their campaigns, and are only interested in getting re-elected.
There need to be term limits.
Fact

Bronx, NY

#4347 Jun 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Worst part of corporate greed is how they have minipulated this country through politics and buying off Congress..........When profits supercede common sense and simply, doing the right thing......the people become the victims.....
Agreed.
Which goes to show Washington, D.C. is for sale to the highest bidders.
Fact

Bronx, NY

#4348 Jun 25, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Fox is mean, hateful, Ignorant, racist and divisive.
MSNBC do not report in that manner.
Fox is divisive, inflammatory and only incite.
They're "reporting" is from one slant; from the extreme right.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4350 Jun 29, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox is divisive, inflammatory and only incite.
They're "reporting" is from one slant; from the extreme right.
Exactly!!!
The Phanton Hell Rider

Jersey City, NJ

#4351 Jul 1, 2013
Fox Are A Bunch Of Racist PIG'S!!!
Obskeptic

Ypsilanti, MI

#4352 Jul 2, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox is divisive, inflammatory and only incite.
They're "reporting" is from one slant; from the extreme right.
So where do you guys go to get a job lying for a living? Or does it just come naturally? Nothing you have stated comes close to reality, especially about MSNBC not being an extreme left wing slant to interpreting the news, because they never report the news.
Obskeptic

Ypsilanti, MI

#4353 Jul 2, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Fox is mean, hateful, Ignorant, racist and divisive.
MSNBC do not report in that manner.
Only an idiot could make such an untruthful statement. Your mind is the only place you have any credibility when you make such blatantly false statements.
PLEASE FORGIVE ZCs

Dover, OH

#4354 Jul 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot could make such an untruthful statement. Your mind is the only place you have any credibility when you make such blatantly false statements.
His post reflect his upbringing on a Democrat plantation. Republicans (LINCOLN) may have freed their bodies but the Democrats have programmed them for failure. From the family structure of 'baby daddy's' instead of fathers to GED's instead of diplomas to generational public housing where the cycle is allowed to continue instead of self-made prosperity. There are many chains for the ZCs of this world to carry too bad they have been put on them by their leaders, the Democrat Party. The results are seen in ignorant post by those who are kept ignorant and can't even see it. That's what you're dealing with when you see a ZCs post.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4355 Jul 2, 2013
....MEDIA AS A WHOLE IS FUCK*D.....Fox is the most slanted on politic's...truly rightwing republican, even to the point of lying about it....NBC,CNN,MSNBC, and especially HLN are totally pro-minority agenda and the worst, for promoting the ongoing Social Engineering program.....including race-baiting and a mean-spirited Lynchmob mentality.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min jimi-yank 333,014
last post wins! (Jun '10) 13 min Alex Nicole 26,602
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 19 min reddevil76 5,280
jets talk back (Dec '07) 21 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 12,329
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 31 min met fan 41,867
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 16,256
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr NEMO 12,313
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 2 hr Jennifer 136
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Sat ChiefFan1 13,422

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages