Fox is going down

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#4037 Mar 21, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me your a bit unstable and have unrealistic expectations. That is why your channeling your disappointment into destructive thoughts and feelings that are harmful to your psychological well being. Life is full of disappointments, failures, tribulations, and unfairness. In spite of all those challenges, your attitude is something only you have control of, and it sounds like you may need a little help from Jesus to turn yours around. I am also not a fan of Geraldo. I think he is arrogant and condescending and mediocre at his trade, but who the hell am I to judge him beyond the reality that a simple push of the button on the remote and he magically disappears. Peace out PHR.
..Yes Ur Right My Friend..Have To Look Up To The Lord..For Some Deep Wounds To Be Healed Thank You..Didnt Really Mean All That Hate To Or To Anybody Realy...What I said About That Couple and Thier Child I was Heart Stricken..Me EAspecially That I Take a Strong Stands on Abortion..Life should Be Respected..I Have a Great Respect for life...well...just Lashing out alot DEEP Rooted Feelings..That Tend To Come out at Times..Thank You For The Good and Wise Advice.....Peace.

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#4040 Mar 21, 2013
Yes I Think This Geraldo Rivera Guy..Forgot how his Gang Guys The Young Lords Had Taken over A Babtist Church in Spanish Harlem Right in My Block 111st on Lexington Ave..Where I Was Born and Raised..I was Thier at That Time..Now he Gose Picking The Mole in Other Peoples Eye's...and Reporting News That's Convient To Him...Arrogant Just Like You Said.Nut's.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#4041 Mar 22, 2013
on fox last night oreilly/miller (3/21/13) were talking about obama's hollywood/celebrity friends.
of course the one's they bashed were tiger woods, and beyonce for not singing live.

isn't time for them to get over it...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4042 Mar 22, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
on fox last night oreilly/miller (3/21/13) were talking about obama's hollywood/celebrity friends.
of course the one's they bashed were tiger woods, and beyonce for not singing live.
isn't time for them to get over it...
I almost prefer the manufactured outrage over all they did'nt know and had to speculate on Benghazi.....
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#4043 Mar 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I almost prefer the manufactured outrage over all they did'nt know and had to speculate on Benghazi.....
No need to manufacture that outrage GBF. The Liar in Chief was AWOL that night that our ambassador and three other brave Americans were murdered at the hands of terrorists. He never was even concerned enough to make a phone call from his Vegas partying and fund raising. After the six hours of attacks on our people there in Libya, the Liar in Chief told us all one of his best whoppers of his presidency. The terrorist attack was not that at all. It was a random act of violence that was a result of a hardly watched movie that had been on youtube for six months without anyone even watching it. That one is as good as " I have ordered Gitmo to be closed" or "if you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance" or how about " this sequester is going to eviscerate our economy". There's just so many really big lies it's difficult to decide which ones are the best.

Location hidden

#4044 Mar 23, 2013
Yeah, he should have been there.....duuuuh......
ZCs

New York, NY

#4045 Mar 23, 2013
Bill O'Reilly's divorce from his ex-wife Maureen McPhilmy got so ugly, he tried to have her booted from the Catholic Church.
O'Reilly and McPhilmy split on April 2, 2010 and divorced on Sept. 1, 2011. The couple agreed to share custody of their two children, but only a month after they divorced, they were back in court after McPhilmy learned O'Reilly had hired the neutral therapist as part of his household staff.
O'Reilly and McPhilmy have been formally divorced, she has since married the detective, and O'Reilly is in the midst of a scorched-earth custody battle-dubbed, appropriately enough, Anonymous v. Anonymous-over the ex-couple's two children.
It involves an attempt by O'Reilly to undermine his custody arrangement by hiring, as a member of his household staff, the woman he and his ex had agreed on as a neutral arbiter of their disputes.
Moreover, the full-time employment of the children's therapist, the person designated in the agreement as a neutral third-party 'arbitrator' of custodial disputes, by the father, constitutes a significant change of circumstance which could undermine the integrity of the agreement's custodial provisions."
The website also claims that, at the pressure of O'Reilly, McPhilmy has been formally reprimanded by the Catholic church she attends for continuing to take communion, despite having been divorced and remarried. The reprimand tells McPhilmy to stop telling her children her second marriage is valid in the eyes of God.
This reprimand might be the first step to excommunication if McPhilmy doesn't comply with its demands. O'Reilly donated over $65,000 to New York Catholic parishes and schools in 2011 and "carries considerable weight in the archdiocese."
This wouldn't be the first time that O'Reilly went after his ex. When McPhilmy began dating the detective to whom she is now married, O'Reilly had New York's Nassau County Police Department launch an internal affairs investigation into him. After donating a lot of money to a nonprofit affiliated with the Police department.
And here's where it gets interesting. In October 2011, McPhilmy took O'Reilly to court after learning that the woman she thought had been a neutral therapist serving the needs of her children was in fact a member of her ex-husband's household staff.
The therapist, a Long Island licensed social worker named Lynne Kulakowski, was working long days and some evenings in O'Reilly's house, on his payroll, and basically acting as the children's nanny.
At a Second Department hearing in October, McPhilmy's attorney claimed-and O'Reilly's attorney did not dispute-that Kulakowski was earning a six-figure salary from O'Reilly. All of this, of course, made a mockery of the custody agreement's appointment of Kulakowski as a neutral arbiter of disputes-O'Reilly rigged the game against his ex-wife.
A lower court initially denied McPhilmy's request for a hearing about O'Reilly's co-optation of the therapist, but the appellate court agreed with McPhilmy and sent the case back for a hearing. In a highly unusual step for an appellate court, it also ordered the appointment of an independent attorney for the children, an indication that the dispute has become particularly poisonous.
Another indication that it has become poisonous: the Catholic Church has gotten involved. McPhilmy has been formally reprimanded in writing by her church for continuing to take communion in her Long Island parish despite having been divorced and remarried-a no-no according to the Pope.
The reprimand also instructed her to stop telling her children that her second marriage, to the Nassau County detective O'Reilly tried to destroy, is valid in the eyes of God. It warned her that if she didn't comply, harsher measures may be in order.
What a nice guy O'Reilly is, NOT. He is just what I say he is, a low-life piece of right-wing garbage.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4046 Mar 23, 2013
Culture warrior and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly sounded the alarms on his show yesterday over the looming threat being posed by secularists towards…the Easter bunny.

O’Reilly, perhaps best known for his annual winter jeremiads on the imminent destruction of Christmas, explained to his audience that “secular progressives” are seeking to destroy such holy biblical figures as grown men in bunny costumes so they can legalize marijuana and allow abortions on demand:

O’REILLY: Secular progressives are running wild with President Obama in the White House. They feel unchained, liberated, and they’re trying to diminish any form of religion. The goal is to marginalize religious opposition to secular programs. For example, in Canada and China a woman can have an abortion for any reason at any time. Secular progressives want that here. But traditional forces in America are in opposition. Therefore in this country, you can’t terminate a baby about to be born without a damn good reason. And if you do abort a late term baby, you could be charged with murder. SPs hate that. In Scandanavia, there are laws that say you cannot criticize minorities and if you do, you could be arrested. Secular progressives want laws like that here. Also the legalization of drugs, well under way in many places, and that is a secular cause. So, if the far left can marginalize Santa and the Easter bunny, of they can tell the children those symbols are obsolete and unnecessary, they then set the stage for a totally secular society in the future.
ZCs

New York, NY

#4047 Mar 30, 2013
Wednesday night the insane Bill O'Reilly endorsed the idea that the state confiscation of money from private bank accounts currently underway in Cyprus is likely to come to America, agreeing with a viewer's suggestion that "California will be America's Cyprus."

Even though that is nonsense that will never happen, O'Reilly agreed with the lunatic and said California will go broke then start taking property from everyone to pay for it.

His fearmongering is based on misrepresentations about how debt works in general, and about California's budgeting realities.

According to the fool O'Reilly, California will default on its debt, then the state will simply start taking private property from Californians to settle up what it owes.

Except debt does not work the way O'Reilly suggests. California can continue to service its debt, avoiding default even without reducing the principal amount owed, provided it stabilizes its debt levels. And it's doing exactly that, with a projected surplus in the current fiscal year after a combination of steep spending cuts and significant tax increases.

Standard & Poor's upgraded the state's debt as a result, which should help further reduce the state's cost of borrowing (which is already half of what it was when Gov. Jerry Brown took office in 2011).

According to CNNMoney, "California should have enough money next year to increase funding for education and pay down debt, while setting aside $1 billion in a reserve fund."

O'Reilly failed to mention the state's recent, hard-won fiscal discipline, which proves his portrayal of the state's fiscal outlook is a lie and wrong.

The Cyprus comparison would still be insane and ridiculous even if California were not exhibiting increased fiscal health, as former Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation chair Sheila Bair has explained that such an arrangement "would never happen in the U.S. because we respect the rule of law and we have a strong agency called the [FDIC] that stands up for insured depositors and protects them."

O'Reilly's factual errors served an additional purpose that's common in the right-wing media.

O'Reilly used the Cyprus fearmongering as right-wing propaganda, as he spewed out falsehoods about the origins of California's debt. The state's debt is not from union greed, it's mostly from budget laws that tie legislators hands and ballot measures that simultaneously depressed tax revenue and increased the state's obligations.

The conservative media's misdirection of blame for fiscal issues almost always ignores the cyclical, recession-driven nature of those balance sheet problems. But O'Reilly went even farther, ignoring the widely-reported end of Californian deficits to advance the same old right-wing lies about public finances.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#4048 Apr 1, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Wednesday night the insane Bill O'Reilly endorsed the idea that the state confiscation of money from private bank accounts currently underway in Cyprus is likely to come to America, agreeing with a viewer's suggestion that "California will be America's Cyprus."
Even though that is nonsense that will never happen, O'Reilly agreed with the lunatic and said California will go broke then start taking property from everyone to pay for it.
His fearmongering is based on misrepresentations about how debt works in general, and about California's budgeting realities.
According to the fool O'Reilly, California will default on its debt, then the state will simply start taking private property from Californians to settle up what it owes.
Except debt does not work the way O'Reilly suggests. California can continue to service its debt, avoiding default even without reducing the principal amount owed, provided it stabilizes its debt levels. And it's doing exactly that, with a projected surplus in the current fiscal year after a combination of steep spending cuts and significant tax increases.
Standard & Poor's upgraded the state's debt as a result, which should help further reduce the state's cost of borrowing (which is already half of what it was when Gov. Jerry Brown took office in 2011).
According to CNNMoney, "California should have enough money next year to increase funding for education and pay down debt, while setting aside $1 billion in a reserve fund."
O'Reilly failed to mention the state's recent, hard-won fiscal discipline, which proves his portrayal of the state's fiscal outlook is a lie and wrong.
The Cyprus comparison would still be insane and ridiculous even if California were not exhibiting increased fiscal health, as former Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation chair Sheila Bair has explained that such an arrangement "would never happen in the U.S. because we respect the rule of law and we have a strong agency called the [FDIC] that stands up for insured depositors and protects them."
O'Reilly's factual errors served an additional purpose that's common in the right-wing media.
O'Reilly used the Cyprus fearmongering as right-wing propaganda, as he spewed out falsehoods about the origins of California's debt. The state's debt is not from union greed, it's mostly from budget laws that tie legislators hands and ballot measures that simultaneously depressed tax revenue and increased the state's obligations.
The conservative media's misdirection of blame for fiscal issues almost always ignores the cyclical, recession-driven nature of those balance sheet problems. But O'Reilly went even farther, ignoring the widely-reported end of Californian deficits to advance the same old right-wing lies about public finances.
I'm sure the taxpayers in California will disagree with this rosy analysis of that state's fiscal situation, especially when thousands are fleeing to Texas, Idaho, Arizona, and other states that allow them to keep more of their hard-earned money by not taxing them to death.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#4049 Apr 2, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Culture warrior and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly sounded the alarms on his show yesterday over the looming threat being posed by secularists towards…the Easter bunny.
O’Reilly, perhaps best known for his annual winter jeremiads on the imminent destruction of Christmas, explained to his audience that “secular progressives” are seeking to destroy such holy biblical figures as grown men in bunny costumes so they can legalize marijuana and allow abortions on demand:
O’REILLY: Secular progressives are running wild with President Obama in the White House. They feel unchained, liberated, and they’re trying to diminish any form of religion. The goal is to marginalize religious opposition to secular programs. For example, in Canada and China a woman can have an abortion for any reason at any time. Secular progressives want that here. But traditional forces in America are in opposition. Therefore in this country, you can’t terminate a baby about to be born without a damn good reason. And if you do abort a late term baby, you could be charged with murder. SPs hate that. In Scandanavia, there are laws that say you cannot criticize minorities and if you do, you could be arrested. Secular progressives want laws like that here. Also the legalization of drugs, well under way in many places, and that is a secular cause. So, if the far left can marginalize Santa and the Easter bunny, of they can tell the children those symbols are obsolete and unnecessary, they then set the stage for a totally secular society in the future.
And here you are defending the secular progressives, massive debt, and stupidity. Good for you ZC. ZC for president!

Location hidden

#4050 Apr 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
And here you are defending the secular progressives, massive debt, and stupidity. Good for you ZC. ZC for president!
...Massive Debt and Stupidity....Should'nt a Bush be running this show?.....
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4051 Apr 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Massive Debt and Stupidity....Should'nt a Bush be running this show?.....
he needs to switch over to fios first to cut down on his phone bills...

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/196174/george...
Obskeptic

Davisburg, MI

#4052 Apr 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Massive Debt and Stupidity....Should'nt a Bush be running this show?.....
Bush is a rank amateur next to Barry GBF. By the time Barry is done with eight years, he will have added more debt then every president in our history combined, including W, and Reagan. It should make you proud to be defending that, while you hate W for his efforts at adding debt.

Location hidden

#4053 Apr 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is a rank amateur next to Barry GBF. By the time Barry is done with eight years, he will have added more debt then every president in our history combined, including W, and Reagan. It should make you proud to be defending that, while you hate W for his efforts at adding debt.
How much debt you allocating for both of GW's wars? Add that to $11 trillion, and tell me what you get?
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#4054 Apr 2, 2013
c'mon obskeptic, you know everything is dubbya's fault. le emperor can do no wrong. neither can the next one whether it is le emperor, Hill, Meshell, or whoever, it's Dubbya's fault. Waco, Dubbya's fault. I know, Clinton's watch, still dubbya's fault. dubbya's fault, Randy Weaver's widow, no she's the one, dubbya's fault, Randy Weaver became a widower. my dog died in 2010. Dubbya's fault. have i got this propaganda down pat or what. do you reckon, oh oh, i gave it away i'm not a buckeye. Buckeye's dont use reckon. do ya think i can get a job with the bureau of progapaganda? everything is dubbya's fault. i got it. Hurricane Sandy, dubbya's fault. earthquake in hoshomo, japan, yep, dubbya's fault. i'm on a roll.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#4055 Apr 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>How much debt you allocating for both of GW's wars? Add that to $11 trillion, and tell me what you get?
They became Barry's wars when he became our president, and it was Barry that escalated the losing proposition in Afghanistan and made it cost so much, not W. Do you have even one objective neuron connection in your brain GBF, or is it all about your partisan narrative of half truths? No need to answer, everybody already knows.
Oh Brother

Lecompte, LA

#4056 Apr 3, 2013
Fox News will be just fine. Actually viewership is up, where else can we get unbiased reporting.

Location hidden

#4057 Apr 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
They became Barry's wars when he became our president, and it was Barry that escalated the losing proposition in Afghanistan and made it cost so much, not W. Do you have even one objective neuron connection in your brain GBF, or is it all about your partisan narrative of half truths? No need to answer, everybody already knows.
...kinda knew, you'd moonwalk away from that reality...lol...
shameless-li

United States

#4058 Apr 3, 2013
of people surveyed, 49% don't watch fox.
of those who do, 15% watch o'reilly, and 9% watch hannity, the rest watch some other fox show.
interesting....

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5356-whats-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 27 min Enough 11,876
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 11,894
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 331,859
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 60,994
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 4 hr FORREST 15,244
Age gap dating 5 hr datingyoungerwomen 1
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 6 hr Crabs 81
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 12 hr You are smoking 13,361

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages