Fox is going down
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#3889 Feb 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...How Patriotic.....Their imperative is GREED.....
Thats the essence of the problem with you lefties GBF, you are always working to establish the narrative that business and profit is evil. There is few things a citizen can do that is more patriotic then being a responsible contributor to a successful business that pays taxes and provides the economic resources for their employees, local community, and state government. That is why eventually your kind will be recognized for the evil that you represent. Your the kind that was by the pool with a fresh drink on the cruise ship Triumph when the fire rendered the ship crippled, so you were just fine. Thats where the country is at today. The fire is just blazing away but your cool with that, even though many of us know its not, and that there is no tugs that exist to tow us back to fiscal sanity.
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#3890 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
O rly.
Well, my economic information comes straight from the BLS, the CBO, and other authoritative sources.
I have linked sources of my info religiously, many times.
Flawed? Go ahaead and post your sources of economic info that you think refute the data I've posted.
I'm looking forward eagerly to seeing your sources of economic information that demonstrate the US labor force is not shrinking, that the economiy is not mired in anemic growth < 2% p.a., that unemployment is not still at 8%, the US Gov't is not spending 25% of GDP, beyond all historical precedent, and that the US is not still adding $1 trillion in debt annually on top of billions more in fake money being conjured out of think air by the Fed and the US Treasury.
Go ahead - dazzle us with economic facts, big guy.
He doesn't need any facts TeddyR. He says its growing and that all is well because the president and the democrats told him so, and thats always good enough for old GBF.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#3892 Feb 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, you and John McCain and Lindsey Graham just can't wait to send our military to die in Iran......we all realize who the cowardly hawks are.......
Who's proposing that?

Do you have anything other than bullshit strawmen like that to offer?

No?

Didn't think so.

Instead, you and all your fellow Obamabot apologists are content to watch the current mob of incompetent amateurs in the White House fumble their way into a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv, it seems.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#3893 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's proposing that?
Do you have anything other than bullshit strawmen like that to offer?
No?
Didn't think so.
Instead, you and all your fellow Obamabot apologists are content to watch the current mob of incompetent amateurs in the White House fumble their way into a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv, it seems.
Let Tel Aviv burn! Not our problem. Stop sending money & no killing our boys to protect bully Israel. Let them fight their own battles! Netenyahooie has no problem sending Americans to fight & die for his bully causes. Enough is enough!
ZCs

New York, NY

#3894 Feb 20, 2013
President Obama's call for a minimum wage increase in Tuesday's State of the Union address (like nearly all of his proposals) was met with immediate opposition from Congressional Republicans. But six years ago, many of the same Republicans supported a similar proposal backed by Republican President George W. Bush.

And at least 67 Republicans who are still in Congress today backed an increase in the minimum wage in some form, including Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Political momentum for an increase began in 2004, after President Bush announced his support for a bill by now-Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). After Democrats won majorities of the House and Senate in the 2006 elections, a minimum wage increase became one of their first priorities.

The Fair Minimum Wage Act (which also included tax cuts for small businesses) passed the House and Senate with overwhelming bipartisan support. When the increase was folded into a larger appropriations bill, it again passed with strong bipartisan support and was eventually signed into law by Bush.

26 House Republicans even signed a letter to then-House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), asking for a vote on a minimum wage increase, including current Representatives Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), Michael Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Peter King (R-NY), Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ), Christopher Smith (R-NJ), and Fred Upton (R-MI). In incremental stages, the law raised the minimum wage from $5.15-per-hour to $7.25.

Though Ryan ultimately voted against the measure, he argued that he supported raising the hourly rate as long as it came with a suitable offset of small business relief.

"Last year, I supported an increase in the minimum wage because it also included tax relief measures for employers to offset the cost of the proposed minimum wage increase," he noted in a floor speech, as he announced that he could not back the bill without more small business tax cuts.

Like most Republicans, Ryan struck a far more defiant tone in response to Obama's proposal, telling CNN this: "I think it actually is counterproductive in many ways. You end up costing jobs from people who are at the bottom rung of the economic ladder."
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3895 Feb 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Check out reports from BBC and CBS, this morning....Mandiant Cyber Security states they have located the source of serious hacking into US and western infrastructure computer systems....by chinese military...they have even sourced it to a specific building, within a military base, in Shanghai.....some sh*t, eh?
Unbelievable, but then again it should comes as no surprise, they are very crafty.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3896 Feb 20, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the white candidate was unfit for the job...
Very true and I agree.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3897 Feb 20, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>That choice is ruining this country, and our children will suffer from it for years to come.
Says who, you?

Faux News?

You're entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3898 Feb 20, 2013
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Bush and Bush alone put the ruining of this country and the suffer of children in play.
Stop letting yourself get duped and screwed by racism
Bingo.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3899 Feb 20, 2013
MalbarCACA wrote:
<quoted text>
MabarCACA Controllers wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupif DICKHEAD.
Go suck on dogshit sid's castrated genitals idiotic black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD sIndian.
Add to the start of each comment: I Beady, apologise to all users of Topix
for my stupid use of Sockpuppet names and Proxy Servers.
for damaging the Australian and Mauritian forums by creating stupid Threads and posting stupid Comments.
Add to the start of each comment: I Beady, will cease
using Sockpuppet Names
using Proxy Servers
posting abusive comments
targeting random Topix Users for nothing more than my own enjoyment
using Topix
Add to the start of comment: I Beady apologise
to sairla, Juicylu, The Adelaidean, Patron5, John Barnes, Neville Thompson, Aggrolite, Sid and Julie Chamberpot.
for my false accusations to other users of holding racist, bigoted and prejudiced opinions and views. for my false accusations to other users of making comments, remarks, conduct and behaviour in for my false accusations to other users of the Australian and Mauritian forums.
for calling people scumbags, ignorant buffoons and of being worthless vermin scumbags.
for saying to people things like Real Indian PoonJABI, madman, deranged, demented, crazy, ROMEO TINY inferior midget turd, Rupert PIN DICK FOOFTER, Insane Lunatic Nutcase, SPAMalot IDENTITY THIEF, PLAGIARIZER, ROBBER and IMPOSTOR SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALE, ti IndoMauritian pilon chickyladyrentboy, obsessed and delusional, Not only dumb but a fraud, an impostor, a liar, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by your his admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total doorknob Stupid DICKHEAD, FOOKING disgusting, despicable fraud, fraudster, black dalit sewer rat transvestite MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD IMPOSTOR [email protected] go get your butt rammed..
to all Topix Users I have abused and disrupted.
Add to the start of comment: I Beady
will cease this stupid conduct immediately
Once you have completed the above task, log off the Proxy Server and then sign in to Topix under your user name 'Beady'
Nice queeny response. You are an idiot, you're a riot.
Get a life queen.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3900 Feb 20, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Let Tel Aviv burn! Not our problem. Stop sending money & no killing our boys to protect bully Israel. Let them fight their own battles! Netenyahooie has no problem sending Americans to fight & die for his bully causes. Enough is enough!
Also, when can we stop giving billions in cash and military weaponry to Egypt.....so that they are nice to Israel....
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#3901 Feb 20, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who, you?
Faux News?
I see it all around me every day, and so do millions of other Americans. Try opening your eyes, instead of blindly believing everything you hear from the White House, the Dems, and MSNBC. Do you actually believe that this country is on the right track? If so, you must lead a very sheltered and insulated life.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#3902 Feb 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Also, when can we stop giving billions in cash and military weaponry to Egypt.....so that they are nice to Israel....
Exactly! No more money, no more soldiers, no more aid outside of the US. Help our own first.
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#3903 Feb 21, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who, you?
Faux News?
That would be a fair statement ILAL if the facts didn't clearly point to the reality that we are declining in both military and economic power. This president would rather pick a fight and point fingers of blame versus stepping up and leading. You would rather make light of Marco Rubio taking a drink of water then actually addressing the concerns he raised in his rebuttal to the SOTU show.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3905 Feb 21, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>I see it all around me every day, and so do millions of other Americans. Try opening your eyes, instead of blindly believing everything you hear from the White House, the Dems, and MSNBC. Do you actually believe that this country is on the right track? If so, you must lead a very sheltered and insulated life.
I never stated my political affiliation, that's an ASSumption on your part.
My eyes have been open my entire life so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Faux News is not the be all or end all, they're nothing more than a reality show, far from the truth.
Yes, I believe the country is on the right track, just because a Republican is not president doesn't mean things aren't going well.
A Republican president is the reason for the economic downturn, it was a Democrat president left a budget surplus, but you forgot about that.
2 minutes of watching Faux News qualifies one for a lobotomy.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#3906 Feb 21, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a fair statement ILAL if the facts didn't clearly point to the reality that we are declining in both military and economic power. This president would rather pick a fight and point fingers of blame versus stepping up and leading. You would rather make light of Marco Rubio taking a drink of water then actually addressing the concerns he raised in his rebuttal to the SOTU show.
I know how to think for myself and don't need media to form my own opinions.
Stop watching Faux News and stop listening to rightwing buffoons on AM radio, you'll be a lot better off.
talk about crazy

Bronx, NY

#3908 Feb 21, 2013
that's post #3907

WTF does that rambling spam have to do with the topic?
Obskeptic

United States

#3909 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! No more money, no more soldiers, no more aid outside of the US. Help our own first.
You all should be thrilled to know your war mongering president is sending a multitude of soldiers into Africa to set up drone bases there so we can expand our meddling and spying in other countries. Thats what you all voted for, right?
Obskeptic

United States

#3910 Feb 23, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated my political affiliation, that's an ASSumption on your part.
My eyes have been open my entire life so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Faux News is not the be all or end all, they're nothing more than a reality show, far from the truth.
Yes, I believe the country is on the right track, just because a Republican is not president doesn't mean things aren't going well.
A Republican president is the reason for the economic downturn, it was a Democrat president left a budget surplus, but you forgot about that.
2 minutes of watching Faux News qualifies one for a lobotomy.
Actually it was a republican congress that did that in conjunction with a president who was willing to lead and involve himself in the process. The serious downturn occurred after the 2006 election when the democrats took control of the house and senate. It has not recovered since because recovery is impossible in a leadership vacuum. The fact that you believe that things are getting better in spite of ALL the factual evidence that it is not just exposes you for the liar that you are. Your not entitled to your own facts either, and it is not necessary to reveal your political affiliation. Everybody already knows what you are.
Obskeptic

United States

#3911 Feb 23, 2013
I believe that the main reason behind the hate directed at Fox by the left is because it is the only US cable or TV outlet that actually will address tough issues, and allow both the left and the right to make their case. The rest of the media on all levels refuse to ask any challenging questions of the president or any democrat leader. A good example is Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid saying that we don't have a spending problem while we continue borrow .46 cents of every dollar and no one challenges them. Or the dismissal of the Benghazi attack by everyone but Fox and a handful of republican politicians that are still looking for answers. The situation we have with gas spiking right now when the last time it happened it was clearly George Bush's fault according the press, and the then candidate Obama explaining the pain it was causing average Americans, but today, there is no explanation or blame directed at the White House. Even the dishonesty of the issues surrounding sequester. It is the president making all these threats of what he will do if his plan is implemented, because sequester was his plan after all, but you wouldn't know that unless you watched Fox News, because MSNBC is still doing more important stories, like the fact that Marco Rubio took a drink of water during his rebuttal response to the president. The republicans are offering solutions while the president seems more interested in projecting blame on the republicans. The useful idiots in our society are in the process of being programmed for the 2014 election and would rather you all weren't aware of it. It is shameful how irresponsible Washington DC is today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 min SweLL GirL 15,117
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min Sinking Ship Stei... 328,699
Time to go? (Jun '15) 9 min barefoot2626 11,226
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 13 min Sheriff Joe 39,590
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 49 min Greg Polis 7,698
Hillary hits delete key 30,000 times 1 hr Go Bernie 1
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Goober of Glovers... 10,763
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 14 hr Real one 13,322
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages