Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
44,341 - 44,360 of 45,908 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't be that dense, can you?
Global aerosol change in the last decade: An analysis based on MODIS data
K.B. Maoa, b, Corresponding author contact information, E-mail the corresponding author, E-mail the corresponding author,
Y. Maa,
L. Xiaa,
Wendy Y. Chenb,
X.Y. Shenc,
T.J. Hed,
T.R. Xue
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
There it is... right below the summary.
Hmmm... maybe you are that dense.
Still trying that on?

Aerosols cause *cooling*.

They can't explain anything except *cool temperatures*.

As regards to global warming, they only explain why temperatures are *cooler* than expected.

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.
I’m seeing a lot of wrangling over the recent (15+ year) pause in global average warming…when did it start, is it a full pause, shouldn’t we be taking the longer view, etc.
These are all interesting exercises, but they miss the most important point: the climate models that governments base policy decisions on have failed miserably.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/02/10/95-of-c...
Roy wanted to make the CMIP data look more divergent from observations than they actually are. He used a simple arithmetic trick. Pick an abnormally short window when UAH and CMIP5 are both more divergent from other observations, and in opposite directions, and it will make it appear that there is even more of a divergence. When in fact over the medium term (thirty four years or so) there isn't anything like the difference Roy's trick makes it appear.
http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2014/05/roy-spence...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Mothballs & co should take a look at the sea ice video that is more telling than anything else about temps flat lining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperlinked to sources, dumbass.
You got the hype part right sweetie.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats tryin' to talk any sense with you.
Beats..........nice pun nimrod.
Brad

Hebron, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

OzRitz wrote:
Mothballs & co should take a look at the sea ice video that is more telling than anything else about temps flat lining.
LOL

Madam Cleo,cow farts and fortune cookies not working out for you anymore?
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again quoting already disproved stories made up by the denier movement.
Quote from article in the guardian
Using warmists standards, The Guadian is nothing but a hack warmist site, thus nothing they write means diddly squat.

Likewise for sks.

Love the standards? They're yours... and the other warmists.

C'mon back when you can have adult conversations.

Hypocrite.
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Fair Game wrote:
See my previous post.

I do love using warmists standards against them.

LOL
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You got the hype part right sweetie.
So says the 'dumbass'.

Run along... but don't forget to turn off the lights, the computer, the refrigerator, the AC.. oh hell, just sit in the dark, hypocrite.
Henry Hank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Why do liberals insist you stay on the power grid ?

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post.
I do love using warmists standards against them.
LOL
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Mothra is blind to responses that attempt to discuss the science behind his links, because of course he has no science and can't defend them when they are debunked.
<quoted text>
Same old.
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Same old.
About HotWhopper

I'm a sixties-something woman with an interest in climate science. I have a Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours) and an MBA and work as a freelance consultant.
http://blog.hotwhopper.com/p/about-us.html

Roy W. Spencer received his Ph.D. in meteorology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1981. Before becoming a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2001, he was a Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, where he and Dr. John Christy received NASA’s Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for their global temperature monitoring work with satellites. Dr. Spencer’s work with NASA continues as the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. He has provided congressional testimony several times on the subject of global warming.

Dr. Spencer’s research has been entirely supported by U.S. government agencies: NASA, NOAA, and DOE. He has never been asked by any oil company to perform any kind of service. Not even Exxon-Mobil.
http://www.drroyspencer.com/about/

Once again, using warmists own standards to make them look foolish.

LOL
Washington DC

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Everyone knows that data is poorly observed, poorly documented and poorly archived.

And those that rely on it to form their opinions are poorly informed.

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
About HotWhopper
I'm a sixties-something woman with an interest in climate science. I have a Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours) and an MBA and work as a freelance consultant.
http://blog.hotwhopper.com/p/about-us.html
Roy W. Spencer received his Ph.D. in meteorology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1981. Before becoming a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2001, he was a Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, where he and Dr. John Christy received NASA’s Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for their global temperature monitoring work with satellites. Dr. Spencer’s work with NASA continues as the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. He has provided congressional testimony several times on the subject of global warming.
Dr. Spencer’s research has been entirely supported by U.S. government agencies: NASA, NOAA, and DOE. He has never been asked by any oil company to perform any kind of service. Not even Exxon-Mobil.
http://www.drroyspencer.com/about/
Once again, using warmists own standards to make them look foolish.
LOL
You only make yourself look foolish.

It is the argument that is important, not the qualifications of the person arguing.

In this case, HotWhopper is perfectly correct that Roy Spencer is cherry picking to manipulate the results.

Based on the evidence presented- which of course you have totally ignored.

Ad hominem an appeal to authority: two logical fallacies: pretty much your standard.
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>

It is the argument that is important, not the qualifications of the person arguing
My, my, my... warmists of another day have different arguments.

Where are your outcries about said blogger's qualifications? Her PHD's? Her peer reviewed studies?

<crickets>

And that is just more examples of the hypocrisy of the warmists.

I know, I know... it's tough to keep track of all the moving 'standards' of the "consensus", "settled" science, so I'll do it for you. No problem for me... I do enjoy showing warmists contradicting themselves.

Now if they'd only start holding themselves accountable...

btw, first comes the acknowledgement on your part of the folly of the warmists arguing "credentials", and your recriminations of those warmists using said tactics, then, when demonstrated, will be the merit of her argument.

I'm not going to bother debating a child who taunts "run away" in a game where the rules change on whim.
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
You only make yourself look foolish.
It is the argument that is important, not the qualifications of the person arguing.
Oh yeah... warmists have been dismissing arguments for years based on "credentials" ... have they all been "foolish"?

LOL

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, my... warmists of another day have different arguments.
Where are your outcries about said blogger's qualifications? Her PHD's? Her peer reviewed studies?
<crickets>
And that is just more examples of the hypocrisy of the warmists.
I know, I know... it's tough to keep track of all the moving 'standards' of the "consensus", "settled" science, so I'll do it for you. No problem for me... I do enjoy showing warmists contradicting themselves.
Now if they'd only start holding themselves accountable...
btw, first comes the acknowledgement on your part of the folly of the warmists arguing "credentials", and your recriminations of those warmists using said tactics, then, when demonstrated, will be the merit of her argument.
I'm not going to bother debating a child who taunts "run away" in a game where the rules change on whim.
Do you actually have anything to say about the validity of the dates and period chosen by Roy Spencer?

No, thought not.

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah... warmists have been dismissing arguments for years based on "credentials" ... have they all been "foolish"?
LOL
I've been dismissing arguments for years based on the evidence, and you've been consistent in ignoring these posts.

All we see is your little bob tail bobbing up and down as you run away, little rabbit.
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually have anything to say about the validity of the dates and period chosen by Roy Spencer?
No, thought not.
Hmm... let's see... have a "conversation" with someone who won't acknowledge any fault in reasoning in the past, as an adult would?

You've a ways to go demonstrate you can handle it.

Ball is in your court... gonna play or take it home to Momma?
Mothra

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been dismissing arguments for years based on the evidence, and you've been consistent in ignoring these posts.
All we see is your little bob tail bobbing up and down as you run away, little rabbit.
Actually, I don't "debate" with those who change the rules midstream. The arguments you're making now on the nature of 'argument' is one I've realized and posted about for years.

So glad you've caught up to my enlightenment.

Now.. it's up to you to show you're worth the debate. You've dug a deep hole, so get to work!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min Paul Yanks 306,249
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 30 min Pollys Opinion 14,426
what is obama's strength 43 min the real deal 13
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Candy4Me 9,399
Nikon is The Most Overrated Camera Company (Aug '12) 3 hr Veronica Langley 131
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr STO 305,183
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Wed LI Football fan 10,242
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New York People Search