Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,596
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35584 May 5, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
If the weather is hot, that proves global warming (last March, "This is what GW looks like"). If the weather is cold, that also proves global warming,(this April/May is what global warming looks like), because global warming creates more extremes. An ice age would therefore be the ultimate proof of global warming.
I think you've gotten lost. That happens a lot to stupid people, from what I understand.

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#35585 May 5, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
The Pentagon is certainly taking climate change and a post-petroleum future seriously.
http://www.cnas.org/node/5023
They sure are using a product that must be subsidized by the taxpayers is more toxic to produce and cuts the life as well as the performance of the vehicles it is used in.
If you asked a solider that is forced to use that shet because of the lefts fantasy of global warming they would tell you it is useless and puts our forces at risk. All for oboobles desire to destroy this nation.
Are you aware that this is the 2nd coldest spring in the history or climate records in the U.S.?
litesong

Everett, WA

#35587 May 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Deniers even deny common sense.
toxic topix AGW deniers deny education, truth, & University, but do incorporate slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms AND alleged & proud threats.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#35588 May 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've gotten lost. That happens a lot to stupid people, from what I understand.
That poster is too dense to comprehend your post.

It has some imaginary beef against everything good and healthy.
litesong

Everett, WA

#35589 May 5, 2013
i am no wrote:
Are you aware that this is the 2nd coldest spring in the history or(sic) climate records in the U.S.?
You are unaware that AGW excessively warmed fronts have pushed above the 80th parallel, sending temperatures consistently above normal(only 3 days have been less than 1 degC. below average). Simultaneously, the AGW warmed fronts have pushed Arctic cold fronts to the south. Areas in Canada have had many days of temperatures below minus mid 20 degC. The Arctic cold fronts have continued south causing the results you mention.

Yeah, you are cold because of excess AGW energy in the atmosphere, which pushes Arctic cold to the south.
litesong

Everett, WA

#35590 May 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
That poster is too dense to comprehend your post.
It has some imaginary beef against everything good and healthy.
However, I never have an imaginary beef against slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND threatener toxic topix AGW deniers.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#35591 May 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one for ya, loser.
Nearly a dozen U.S. cities have announced their interest in withdrawing municipal investments from fossil fuel companies, joining a fast-growing movement among colleges and universities that supporters say is allowing citizens concerned with environmental degradation and global climate change to act in lieu of federal action from the U.S. Congress.
So what will be the alternate investment? San Francisco is hardly in a place to make rash decisions based on ideology. They made a commitment to the retirees of their city and they have already created a giant mess to where they are "stealing" from the general fund to pay the pension fund. Do they have a plan or are they just being reactionary without a plan? Could you post what the alternate investing will be?

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/02/p...

I'm just wondering who the "losers" will really turn out to be.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#35592 May 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some more doomers for you; these are of a different stripe.
The United States has failed to take action to mitigate climate change thanks in part to the large number of religious Americans who believe the world has a set expiration date.
Research by David C. Barker of the University of Pittsburgh and David H. Bearce of the University of Colorado uncovered that belief in the biblical end-times was a motivating factor behind resistance to curbing climate change.
“[T]he fact that such an overwhelming percentage of Republican citizens profess a belief in the Second Coming (76 percent in 2006, according to our sample) suggests that governmental attempts to curb greenhouse emissions would encounter stiff resistance even if every Democrat in the country wanted to curb them,” Barker and Bearce wrote in their study, which will be published in the June issue of Political Science Quarterly.
The study, based on data from the 2007 Cooperative Congressional Election Study, uncovered that belief in the “Second Coming” of Jesus reduced the probability of strongly supporting government action on climate change by 12 percent when controlling for a number of demographic and cultural factors. When the effects of party affiliation, political ideology, and media distrust were removed from the analysis, the belief in the “Second Coming” increased this effect by almost 20 percent.
“[I]t stands to reason that most nonbelievers would support preserving the Earth for future generations, but that end-times believers would rationally perceive such efforts to be ultimately futile, and hence ill-advised,” Barker and Bearce explained.
Fraud Threatens the Integrity of Social Psychology"

After it was found that Kiederik Stapel was a fraud, three panels did further investigations and found this:

“Not infrequently reviews were strongly in favour of telling an interesting, elegant, concise and compelling story, possibly at the expense of the necessary scientific diligence.”

“A ‘byproduct’ of the Committees’ inquiries is the conclusion that, far more than was originally assumed, there are certain aspects of the discipline itself that should be deemed undesirable or even incorrect from the perspective of academic standards and scientific integrity.”

Last year the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science had a special issue on the field’s crisis of confidence. Its focus was the key issue of replicability. John P.A. Ioannidis, of Stanford University, points out that the authority of science depends upon its ability to self-correct errors. But as the Levelt report revealed, reproducing the results of other researchers is uncommon. Researchers are far more interested in startling new results because these will attract more funding. It is the curse of “neophilia”.“The self-correcting paradigm… seems to be very uncommon,” Ioannidis writes.

“I see a train wreck looming,” wrote Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman, a psychologist, in an open email to colleagues who work in social priming, one of Stapel’s areas:“your field is now the poster child for doubts about the integrity of psychological research”.

http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/frau...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#35593 May 5, 2013
kristy wrote:
So what will be the alternate investment? San Francisco is hardly in a place to make rash decisions based on ideology. They made a commitment to the retirees of their city and they have already created a giant mess to where they are "stealing" from the general fund to pay the pension fund. Do they have a plan or are they just being reactionary without a plan? Could you post what the alternate investing will be?
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/02/p...
I'm just wondering who the "losers" will really turn out to be.
The market is at a peak; now might be a good time to sell but not necessarily the best time to buy.

I love it when trust fund liberals start divesting; they drive down prices.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#35594 May 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't gotten lost. We keep hearing that "extreme" weather is proof of AGW, so an ice age would be the ultimate extreme as we are being told now that increase cold is a sign of AGW.

But what I find interesting is what public officials tell the public versus what they say behind closed doors.

Julia Slingo of the Met office recently publicly stated this:

"The reduction in Arctic sea ice caused by climate change is playing a role in the UK's recent colder and drier winter weather, according to the Met Office. Speaking to MPs on the influential environmental audit committee about the state of the warming Arctic, Julia Slingo, the chief scientist at the Met Office, said that decreasing amounts of ice in the far north was contributing to colder winters in the UK and northern Europe as well as to drought. But she stressed that while it was one factor and not the "dominant driver" in the UK."

But emails obtained through FOIA reveal this was said:

It has been suggested that the decline of Arctic Sea Ice may drive low pressure over the UK, although this remains very uncertain at present. If low levels of Arctic sea ice were found to be affecting the track of the jet stream, for example, this could be seen as linked to the warming of our climate – but this is currently an unknown. The Met Office Hadley Centre, working with climate research centres around the world, is making strides in determining how the odds of extreme weather happening have been influenced by climate change. However, it is very difficult to do this type of analysis with such highly variable rainfall events, so it may take many years before we could confirm how the odds of this summer’s wet weather happening have been altered by greenhouse gases."

So without any scientific evidence, publicly, these officials state that the Arctic melt is causing the cold "extremes."
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35595 May 5, 2013
Here's some more doomers, meme69ing yourself:

(Wal-Mart) is throwing its full economic muscle behind energy sustainability. Local utilities that don’t get on board with Walmart’s green energy programs could be left behind like an old, worn-out shopping center.

The company’s new energy policy, announced this week at its Global Sustainability Milestone Meeting, calls for Walmart to produce or procure 7 billion kilowatt-hours of renewable energy globally by the end of the decade, a 600 percent increase over 2010 levels.

At the same time, the retailer will make deep cuts to its energy consumption by shaving 20 percent from 2010 levels the amount of electricity required to power a square foot of a Walmart store or warehouse.

The new commitments put much sharper teeth into Walmart’s existing clean energy program, which calls for the retailer to become 100 percent powered by renewable energy by midcentury.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#35596 May 5, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
If the weather is hot, that proves global warming (last March, "This is what GW looks like"). If the weather is cold, that also proves global warming,(this April/May is what global warming looks like), because global warming creates more extremes. An ice age would therefore be the ultimate proof of global warming.
Thanks kristy,

Worth reposting:

"If the weather is hot, that proves global warming (last March, "This is what GW looks like"). If the weather is cold, that also proves global warming,(this April/May is what global warming looks like), because global warming creates more extremes. An ice age would therefore be the ultimate proof of global warming"

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35597 May 5, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks kristy,
Worth reposting:
"If the weather is hot, that proves global warming (last March, "This is what GW looks like"). If the weather is cold, that also proves global warming,(this April/May is what global warming looks like), because global warming creates more extremes. An ice age would therefore be the ultimate proof of global warming"
Unfortunately no matter how many posts explaining GW is all about the weather it still doesn't register. So when its referred to as climate change it still doesn't register. But weather to every country's food bowl has to have some predictability to it otherwise those food bowls would not be where they are. In a normal weather cycle a farmer might expect a drought once every 10 years or abnormal weather events coming around in that same period. They plough, sow and wait for the rains to come. If that happens for the most part 8 yrs out of 10 then they can make an income. But what happens when its 8 yrs of drought and 2 yrs of rain or vice versa. This is what is going on all over the planet now at different levels of scale which makes it harder for farmers to stay in business. That is climate change and what we do contributes to it. You can't have millions of years of carbon locked into the planet and release it all in a couple of hundred years and expect it to have no effect. Especially when you keep reducing the mechanisms as well to keep it locked. But that is what you guys keep repeating over n over. Its complete irrational logic!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35598 May 5, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks kristy,
Worth reposting:
Now, you're both lost.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#35599 May 5, 2013
it rained this weekend....now a cold front has rolled in during the month MAY! further evidence that global warming is taking hold, and it's our fault.
right?!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35600 May 5, 2013
You might also want to look at the Wikipedia feature on climate change and agriculture. For instance one example like Pakistan might lose 50% of its cropping. I guess you guys would welcome these climate refugees with open arms considering they could not produce the food to feed themselves. It goes a lot further than just the weather.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_a...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#35601 May 5, 2013
it would appear that the islamofascists chickens have come home to roost.
maybe allah will change things for them.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35602 May 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
it would appear that the islamofascists chickens have come home to roost.
maybe allah will change things for them.
Allah will cut off your head.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#35603 May 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah will cut off your head.
i keep and bear arms....and the draw with my glock is much faster than allah's sword.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#35604 May 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The market is at a peak; now might be a good time to sell but not necessarily the best time to buy.
I love it when trust fund liberals start divesting; they drive down prices.
It's funny how they will pick and choose the villain. Will they also divest from any technology or company that operates in countries who violate human rights, such as Apple?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr Driver7789 11,164
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr YTubeNews 306,362
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 2 hr Black Mamba 6,458
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Liberal 15,764
are you happy that obama is prez and do you tru... 3 hr the real deal 7
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr momma chamberlan 309,529
Plant A Pig For Allah (Nov '10) 4 hr AubeO 13

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match