Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,176
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
PHD

Overton, TX

#34004 Jan 29, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
LargeLanguage has a gay crush on PHD.
Isn't this fun?
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again
PHD

Overton, TX

#34005 Jan 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I can't be as exciting as a good night of cross burning.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34007 Jan 29, 2013
Lets wallop wallop, he is the butt monkey!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Bu...
PHD

Overton, TX

#34008 Jan 29, 2013
Ok, and a member of the kettle troll club.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34009 Jan 29, 2013
We must stop the democrats from destroying america.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34010 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Well the GOP comes from the same kettle.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34011 Jan 29, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Well the GOP comes from the same kettle.
The GOP?
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#34012 Jan 29, 2013
SpaceCase wrote:
<quoted text>oh noes! Teddy is tedious.
Also, he is illeterate and lacking science and humanity.
No - that's not quite the apology you owe.

Try again. Show us you have a modicum of honor, integrity, and basic civility. Many think you do not. I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please don't disappoint me.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34013 Jan 29, 2013
Good.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#34014 Jan 29, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
No - that's not quite the apology you owe.
Try again. Show us you have a modicum of honor, integrity, and basic civility. Many think you do not. I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Please don't disappoint me.
NO, you are the name caller and the hot head.

Go back and read the sequence and realize you owe me apologies.

Carry on with your troll bot. You don't know what many think when you don't even know you are wrong.

You can't even stand on your own two feet, obviously. You have to bring "oh noes!"
PHD

Overton, TX

#34015 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP?
Yes the GOP. More of the same just a different title.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34016 Jan 29, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the GOP. More of the same just a different title.
What is wrong with the GOP?
PHD

Overton, TX

#34017 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with the GOP?
They are out of touch with reality. They want to legislate you under control much like the Blue Dogs. My bad they are now one and the same.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#34018 Jan 29, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
I didn't say Wiki was perfect, I said the large number of posters tended to push it toward the truth.
It's still way, way, way, way, WAY more reliable than the average denier or tabloid site deniers usually post here. It's also easier to understand than scientific journal articles but DOES have links to them so you can read the original after getting general background from Wiki. It remains a very good place to start.
And you based that it is more accurate on something other than what you want to be true. The simple truth about Wikipedia is it has limited authorship because of it's history. The same lonely, aganda driven white men like Connonelly have turned what was suppose to be a shining source of knowledge into a sludgepool of fiction in certain areas. While it has shown that it can be a starting point it has a long way to go before it can ever be considered creditable on this particular subject.

What you are seeing is your desire for what is posted there to be right. To back what you really want to believe instead of what is true. You claim that it is more accurate than the "average denier or tabloid site deniers post" and yet I doubt you could point to any alarmist site and refer to them with the same line. That is because your bias is such that anything that disagrees with what you want to be true is deemed wrong and that which agrees is deemed right.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34019 Jan 29, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>They are out of touch with reality. They want to legislate you under control much like the Blue Dogs. My bad they are now one and the same.
The GOP? Why?
Northie

Spokane, WA

#34020 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Sez a Brit? How random, particularly in a scientific thread.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#34021 Jan 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Agree.
This is a recurrring theme with tina. It's part of her antiscience stance because she has no science or mathematics.
She's promoting a parallel system where antiscience fights science.
So you claim. Then again I could claim with far more evidence that you are promoting a system that promotes an agenda over science and that history has shown that this is a reoccuring event.

I could also point out how often what you have held up as science has latter been proven to be anything but. For example the IPCC AR4 report. Recall any of the major oops in there like about glaciers in the highest part of the earth.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34022 Jan 29, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim. Then again I could claim with far more evidence that you are promoting a system that promotes an agenda over science and that history has shown that this is a reoccuring event.
I could also point out how often what you have held up as science has latter been proven to be anything but. For example the IPCC AR4 report. Recall any of the major oops in there like about glaciers in the highest part of the earth.
SpiralBlurrs is foolish.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#34023 Jan 29, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And you based that it is more accurate on something other than what you want to be true. The simple truth about Wikipedia is it has limited authorship because of it's history. The same lonely, aganda driven white men like Connonelly have turned what was suppose to be a shining source of knowledge into a sludgepool of fiction in certain areas. While it has shown that it can be a starting point it has a long way to go before it can ever be considered creditable on this particular subject.
What you are seeing is your desire for what is posted there to be right. To back what you really want to believe instead of what is true. You claim that it is more accurate than the "average denier or tabloid site deniers post" and yet I doubt you could point to any alarmist site and refer to them with the same line. That is because your bias is such that anything that disagrees with what you want to be true is deemed wrong and that which agrees is deemed right.
Once again, we see Tina's tried-and-true method for discussing climate science: cover ears, close eyes and shout, "la, la, la! I can't hear you! La, la, la, la!".
PHD

Overton, TX

#34024 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP? Why?
Just follow the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 306,956
Should Witchcraft Stores be 18+ only? 1 hr umm 4
Question about NY License 3 hr SAS 3
New York Mayor de Blasio named PETA's Person of... 3 hr I kamf breefh 1
Protesters to NYPD: We want dead cops 3 hr The Phanton Hell ... 10
jets talk back (Dec '07) 5 hr Guinness Drinker 9,956
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 5 hr Guinness Drinker 16,630
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 6 hr Mike 293
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr Paul Yanks 311,541

New York News Video