Sasha and Malia Obama surprised by White House swing set

Full story: Newsday 66
First daughters Malia and Sasha Obama got a big surprise after school Wednesday: a brand-new swing set. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Once Saved...Always Saved!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Bastrop Louisiana

#3 Mar 5, 2009
Glad to see he is not forgetting his children and is letting them have fun. Lord knows being President takes alot of time away from family.
Jane from Babylon

Washington, DC

#4 Mar 5, 2009
Andrew-Louisiana wrote:
Glad to see he is not forgetting his children and is letting them have fun. Lord knows being President takes alot of time away from family.
Agreed, they seem to be great parents who are trying to keep things as normal as possible for their daughters.
Imaybeoldbut

Baldwin, NY

#5 Mar 5, 2009
Nothing like a swing and children ...still remember the big old chain swings at Saint Phillip & James Catholic School,St James down the block from our house in the 1950's. We were always there and the weekends were the best as no one was around and we went crazy swinging much too high.
fed up with the mess

United States

#6 Mar 5, 2009
How nice. He is really a wonderful family man.
GSG

Troy, NY

#7 Mar 5, 2009
While it's great that the girls have a new playset, couldn't whomever installed the set at least have taken some very basic safety precautions to insure the safety of anyone utilizing the equipment. Good safety practice, as well as various standards throughout the county, require the use of protection beneath playsets (depending on the circumstance) in order to protect our children. The use of wood chips, foam matting, safety mats, sand or gravel would be appropriate. Come on Mr. President, let the protection of our children begin at the White House and lead by example.
Rowan

Scottsdale, AZ

#8 Mar 5, 2009
GSG wrote:
While it's great that the girls have a new playset, couldn't whomever installed the set at least have taken some very basic safety precautions to insure the safety of anyone utilizing the equipment. Good safety practice, as well as various standards throughout the county, require the use of protection beneath playsets (depending on the circumstance) in order to protect our children. The use of wood chips, foam matting, safety mats, sand or gravel would be appropriate. Come on Mr. President, let the protection of our children begin at the White House and lead by example.
Their Secret Service detail can handle it!
Jeff Rosen retired NYPD

Center Moriches, NY

#15 Mar 5, 2009
I'd take Bush back in a minute. (however I'm willing to give this guy a chance)
mbm

Hempstead, NY

#16 Mar 5, 2009
If you don't have something positive to say, then don't say anything at all
cary

United States

#18 Mar 5, 2009
This swingset looks a little young for the girls... like for a 6 year old.... trust me, they will be bored with it in two weeks tops.

“THE FACE OF LIBERALISM”

Since: Feb 09

HOW DOES SHE LOOK???

#19 Mar 5, 2009
Sooooo glad this is in the "POLITICS" section of snoozeday...

“THE FACE OF LIBERALISM”

Since: Feb 09

HOW DOES SHE LOOK???

#20 Mar 5, 2009
They censored S N O O Z E D A Y ???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LIB SLANT

Wantagh, NY

#23 Mar 5, 2009
Who cares! Please make the press stop this constant barrage of how wonderful Obama is!!!! It really is a slobbering love affair between the press and Obama.
dbere

Kalispell, MT

#24 Mar 5, 2009
Rainbow swingsets are very expensive.I have looked at them when they told me that I can finance a swingset,I walked out.That one could be like $8,000.00.The childrens school also costs $30,0000.00 per daughter.Does he understand the middle class?
Sally-Two Trees

Rockville, MD

#25 Mar 5, 2009
Joe Citizen wrote:
I'm glad I can pay for a swong set but can't make my mortgage payment. You're welcome you spoiled brats.
Cry some more loser. Why donít you go live in RussiaÖ.dumb a$$.
Heather Czerniak

Madison, WI

#26 Mar 5, 2009
Hey Obama, what about all the folks who are getting laid off from their jobs. Yeah, you can send $900 million to Gaza after they started a nasty little conflict with Israel and then buy a swing set for your kids, but the rest of the country has to foot the bill. Excuse me, Mr. Obama, but what about America? What's the point in making sacrifices if we're all gonna end up starving to death because you want to spend money on everything else? Forget the rest of the world. Who cares if they hate us now?
Gary

Monmouth Junction, NJ

#27 Mar 5, 2009
Joe Citizen wrote:
I'm glad I can pay for a swong set but can't make my mortgage payment. You're welcome you spoiled brats.
If you actually read the article you would see that the Obama's paid for this themselves.

And whose fault is it that you can't make your mortgage payment? Must be another idiot that bought a house they couldnt afford!
Donna

Washington, DC

#28 Mar 5, 2009
Joe Citizen......You didn't pay for the girl's swing set. So why call them spoiled brats. It is quite obvious the parents can afford the best, so why shouldn't they do anything less
Nice BUT

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#31 Mar 5, 2009
Kudos to the president for giving his daughters a swing set. BUT... this is not news, this is not worthy of being reported anywhere in the mainstream outside the lighter side of the news. Certainly not the politics side. This is just more hero-worship of the president taken ad nauseum, dedicating newscycles to every little thing he does. If this were Bush with two young daughters this would not have been reported, nor should it. That being said I hope the girls enjoy it, it looks to be a nice quality swing set.
Donna

Washington, DC

#32 Mar 5, 2009
Boot Legger.....And you are a straight-up IDIOT
KirkHere

Hempstead, NY

#35 Mar 5, 2009
mbm wrote:
If you don't have something positive to say, then don't say anything at all
Somethiong positive to say?

Democrat Senators abandoning Obama's tax and spends Omnibus Bill as another pork laden spending bill.

Obama's approval ratings have fallen from 83% to 60% in 45 days as Americans start waking up to the scam.

The 2010 Senate and Congressional elections are just around the corner and the American voter is about to participate in a massive tax revolt at thye polls. We can call it the "Waashinton Massacare" since we already had the Boston Massacare in the late 1700's.

The word on the street is all Romney and Huckabee in 2012!

Let me also post an apology to the American people. I am deeply sorry and ashamed that I sent the Obama primary campaign MULTIPLE $25 contributions and that I voted for him. I am sorry that I actually believed he was up to the task of being President of the United States. I belived he would change Washington D.C. and that business as usual would not get worse over the past 45 days as Obama allows Pelosi to bhe the real President.

"WHEN I AM WRONG I SAY I WAS WRONG!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min Paul Yanks 309,525
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 29 min grave digger 15,760
6 cool new inventions from the 'Next Top Makers... 39 min Kid_Tomorrow 1
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 43 min the real deal 11,161
Ultron!! 43 min warren gates 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min litesong 47,590
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 47 min grave digger 5,586

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]