Six accuse Select Specialty Hospital of race bias

Full story: Kentucky.com

Six current or former employees of Select Specialty Hospital have filed a federal lawsuit against the Lexington facility, alleging racial discrimination and retaliation.

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 258 of258
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Unhappy family member

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

SUE wrote:
<quoted text>
Get him transferred ASAP to a different facility! They will tell you he can not be moved or some b-s but do the best you can to get him out of there. The situation is not going to improve,, and could possibly get a lot worse.. Select Hospitals are only in it for the money. My Father died at a select.. after a month of pure hell. Similiar things happend that you are describing. My Father had a trach and could not talk, he would push the call button and a nurse (after a few min.) would come on and say "can I help you"? and then NO ONE would come check on him. Thats my suggestion, wish you the best.. I know it is not easy.
We're trying! They keep giving us one story after another, even after I gave them the phone numbers of other facilities. I'm so sorry to hear about your father! My heart goes out to you for I know what you went through. It has taken Select less than a month to rob my brother of his will to live and break his spirit. I think they are lying about whether he can swallow or not. He is so hungry and thirsty!! Pray for us because no matter what we try, they just won't let him go!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

no to racism!
Unhappy family member

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Thank God we got my relative out of Select. It took the combined efforts of his family doctor and intervention from our state medical board (to whom I made a report). The speech therapist at the new facility is surprised at how well he can swallow! Select said he couldn't swallow and deprived him of food and drink. It's ghastly what they did. If Select tells you they can't find a facility that will take your loved one, you must make them tell you who they called and then you must confirm it. We found out after the fact they didn't actually contact the other facilities like they claimed they did. I'm telling you, it was like getting my relative out of a prison camp. Very difficult. Select lied, obfuscated, and twisted the truth to keep him there. In the new place, he has already had his bedsores debrided and medicated, had physical and speech and occupational therapy. Finally that knot of fear in my gut is gone and we now have hope again.
Unhappy family member

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Unhappy family member wrote:
<quoted text>
We're trying! They keep giving us one story after another, even after I gave them the phone numbers of other facilities. I'm so sorry to hear about your father! My heart goes out to you for I know what you went through. It has taken Select less than a month to rob my brother of his will to live and break his spirit. I think they are lying about whether he can swallow or not. He is so hungry and thirsty!! Pray for us because no matter what we try, they just won't let him go!
Thank you for your kind wishes. We were able finally to get my relative transported to a different facility. I was terrified Select would find a way to stop it at the last minute. I can't describe the relief I felt when he was finally in the ambulance on his way away from that hellhole. We had to involve a state agency and his personal doctor in order to accomplish it. I wish your dad's experience would have had a happier ending. I'm so sorry for your loss.
SUE

Palmetto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind wishes. We were able finally to get my relative transported to a different facility. I was terrified Select would find a way to stop it at the last minute. I can't describe the relief I felt when he was finally in the ambulance on his way away from that hellhole. We had to involve a state agency and his personal doctor in order to accomplish it. I wish your dad's experience would have had a happier ending. I'm so sorry for your loss.
so glad you got him moved...good for you and your family for being persistent and getting him out of there. now He can get the care he needs and heal. You take care prayers are still with you.
SUE

Palmetto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

SUE wrote:
<quoted text>
so glad you got him moved...good for you and your family for being persistent and getting him out of there. now He can get the care he needs and heal. You take care prayers are still with you.
and thank you for your condolences
SUE
SUE

Palmetto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

And thank you for your condolences..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Thank God we got my relative out of Select. It took the combined efforts of his family doctor and intervention from our state medical board (to whom I made a report). The speech therapist at the new facility is surprised at how well he can swallow! Select said he couldn't swallow and deprived him of food and drink. It's ghastly what they did. If Select tells you they can't find a facility that will take your loved one, you must make them tell you who they called and then you must confirm it. We found out after the fact they didn't actually contact the other facilities like they claimed they did. I'm telling you, it was like getting my relative out of a prison camp. Very difficult. Select lied, obfuscated, and twisted the truth to keep him there. In the new place, he has already had his bedsores debrided and medicated, had physical and speech and occupational therapy. Finally that knot of fear in my gut is gone and we now have hope again.
thank God for this! i think they dont want you out so that you'll keep on paying the growing bill..
Lisa A

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

My mother has been a resident of this hospital for quite some time now. Every time I pass the 'nurses station,' I hear the employees fussing and arguing over who will tend to a particular patient, as if one will not go near a patient whom is not assigned to them. The people there are disgusting, and one particular lady who is always sitting at the telephone, talking amongst everyone about her personal life, is always screaming at people and rolling her eyes. FURTHERMORE, I watched my mothers VENTILATOR hose totally pull apart, scaring me to death, so I found the closest nurse possible, and she slammed down the phone (I assume she was trying to make a hair appointment) and barged into my mothers room to fix it. I'm disgusted, this place is awful. Seems they have no education there whatsoever. Drama floods the place. My mothers stay in this hell is almost over, thank God. In my 42 years of life, I've never seen so much ignorance.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Lisa A wrote:
My mother has been a resident of this hospital for quite some time now. Every time I pass the 'nurses station,' I hear the employees fussing and arguing over who will tend to a particular patient, as if one will not go near a patient whom is not assigned to them. The people there are disgusting, and one particular lady who is always sitting at the telephone, talking amongst everyone about her personal life, is always screaming at people and rolling her eyes. FURTHERMORE, I watched my mothers VENTILATOR hose totally pull apart, scaring me to death, so I found the closest nurse possible, and she slammed down the phone (I assume she was trying to make a hair appointment) and barged into my mothers room to fix it. I'm disgusted, this place is awful. Seems they have no education there whatsoever. Drama floods the place. My mothers stay in this hell is almost over, thank God. In my 42 years of life, I've never seen so much ignorance.

Which facility was this?
Lisa

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

How ironic...I posted a comment a few days ago and it's gone. To the person identified as "Concerned" the facility is in Atlanta on Peachtree. For now, our complaints are hushed until she is gone (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THIS HANDY LITTLE WEBSITE). Sad thing is, we have to fear retaliation. We are a family from Eastern KY, and had the option of 2 Select hospitals that we're aware of here at home, but considering my Grandfather and my six brothers and sisters live near Atlanta, they insisted that she reside there. Big mistake. However, looking at these comments, seems like they are ALL hell. Hopefully family members will check this site out before seeking help for their loved one. I sure wish I had. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!
SUE

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

My Fathers month of hell (Before he passed) was in the Atlanta facility.. I know exactly what you are talking about...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

sad.. this is just so sad..
SUE

Palmetto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Anyone Else? Really,...... Post your comments....,might makč you feel better ......
chevy4life

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

I agree in battle creek aswell
Alan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

It is 2013 @ Select Speacialty Hospital of Atlanta Ga. is still a company of Discrimnation among staff. Charge Nurse are Verbal abusive and cannot be trusted. Shifts are scheduled by favoratism and friendship. Nurse Techs are abused. Neglect of patients. Reporting complaints to the Corporate and higher authorities of Select Specialty Hospital is a waste of time.This Company Stills their own employees wages. Select Has been reported for keeping employees wages by several employees.Continously vialating Hippa and Osha policies.Working short staff over the patients worker ratio is ongoing for this hospital. Very Sorry Nurses!!!! The nurses @ select likes to pass their work off to the techs. This Company should be an embarrassment to occupy a floor in Emory Midtown Hospital. Question is With all the abuse and unproffessionalism. Why is Select Specialty Hospital currently operating to care for patients with the many complaints and reports against this Ltac hospital.
SUE

Palmetto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

That is a very good question. Why isn't the select hospital in down town Atl accredited by the Joint Commission, like the other two selects are in Ga?? What ever happend to the investigation into wrongful deaths at select hospitals by the Senate Finance Committee?? The Senate Finance Committee has substantial power over these long term care hospitals because it oversees medicare. In 2010 they announced the investigation, but what ever happend with it? There are alot of unanswered questions about these hospitals.
Concerned

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Mar 22

From what I have read on here Select has been firing good nurses who care about their patient and who report inadequate patient care for years. Yet Select continues to deny the true reason for their termination. If needed would anyone talk to a lawyer about Select's inadequate patient care for a current lawsuit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 258 of258
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nursing Discussions

Search the Nursing Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get Your Nursing Test Banks Here (Jan '12) Apr 17 Tiju 10
Chico celebrates transgender diversity Apr 17 Plato 49
daily health tips for everyone! (Aug '13) Apr 17 nurseamyg 88
quote for the day! (Jul '13) Apr 17 nurseamyg 109
Physiotherapists are not doctors: MCI (Apr '08) Apr 17 Albert 1,834
Texas psych hospitals deal with privacy breaches Apr 16 Elise Gingrich 3
sugary drinks and obesity (Aug '13) Apr 16 nurseamyg 48
•••
•••