Six accuse Select Specialty Hospital of race bias

Full story: Kentucky.com 259
Six current or former employees of Select Specialty Hospital have filed a federal lawsuit against the Lexington facility, alleging racial discrimination and retaliation. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Jamie

Batavia, OH

#1 Jul 30, 2007
I think its time for changes in ky. stop fearing those people that are so different and start working together.
nurse14

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Aug 1, 2007
Sheri johnson from Pa. filed a civil rights lawsuit on July,10,2007. Alomost the same thing. Looks like ths is this compaines culture.
Former employee Florida

Port Saint Joe, FL

#3 Sep 14, 2007
I was terminated from this company for totally false reasons. I won my unemployment due to the lies that were told. This facility has become a bad place to work.Many employees have disappeared for strange reasons. Who's watching the hires and firers.
Unknown

AOL

#4 Sep 21, 2007
There have been 2 diffrent times which two diffrent nurses gave two diffrent patients the wrong medication and both of which could have been fatal and one of which the outcome is not known and nothing happened to them but to be councelled about it.Another time a nursing tech was witnessed by a nurse grabbing a patient and causing a skin tear all because she was not able to get a sample of blood for a blood sugar and she was seen with her nails in the patients hand causing the skin tear and she too only got councelled about it.One nurse tech who worked at the time that the women in the lawsuit worked was given a yearly evaluation of a total of 1.55 which is almost perfect was suspended after working with a patient for 4 days and accused of verbally abusive to this patient AFTER she was accused of pushing a patient against a rail that the patient was a bariatric patient and was put in a bed that was too small.Another nursing tech has been reported on a number of occasions for falsifying legal documents of writing any vitals down that the employee wanted and nothing was done to that person either.Now tell me isnt that grounds for termination?Isnt neglect of the patient also grounds for termination?And I wonder if you could have killed someone that trusted you with their life by giving wrong medications is that not also a reson to terminate?I have seen almost EVERY employee that was working at the same time as the women in this lawsuit slowley lose their jobs for one reason or another.Makes you wonder what else select is also hidding.I have seen the repeated falsifying of documents to cover things in this hospital and stil the same staff is working taking care of our loved ones.Someone really needs to put a stop to all fo this.Select is NOT a place that i would think a hospital such as UK would want to have in their hospital
LaMaughn

Lexington, KY

#5 Sep 22, 2007
It is outrageous in 2007 that the employees of Select continue to go through this. Seems as if the administrators of the facility are the very people suffering from sickness(Wickedness). Reports from the lawsuit say that there was a sister from Chile who was passing for white, but when her mother came to visit her and those wicked ones found her to be Latin, they gave her "The Business" also. To those who continue to struggle against Select Hospital, understand that this may be a life struggle. Think of yourselves as an army of one. In a place full of non-responders, like Lexington, Kentucky, you should expect help, sadly the peope here, white and black alike, believe that everything is OK here....Until it happens to their loved ones. Stay Strong and keep reaching out far and wide to whoever will hear you. Continue to fight and do not allow anyone to isolate you...you have allies.
Unknown

AOL

#6 Sep 22, 2007
I have just realized that on the morning that I was aqused of "patient abuse" I had given report to the nursing tech that I have turned in time and time again for not providing the patients with the care in which HE documented and had went to the director of clinical services about him falsifying the vitals of the patients.Isnt it odd that the one time that he takes of my patients on that morning that I am then suspended for the allegations of patient abuse?And there are MANY of the nurses which NOW still work at Select in which I had mentioned this too about his vitals being falsified and the response from them"he has been doing that for a long time and we all know it".The one supervisor in which DID hold the staff accountable for their lack of actions in caring for these people was thretened by this tech through other employees that SHE would lose her job before he would and guess what,she has.Now when retaliation is taken in a form such that has been taken against me and not only the director but also other staff play along in it I wonder if there should be yet another law suit for wrongful termination?And a call from a nurse this am was letting me know that EVERYONE knew about my suspension WHICH came from another tech who is a good friend of this tech who is NOT providing the care for patients.What is it that HE has one this place that he is being protected and what about the NEW C.E.O?Its all a "buddy"system and I can only wish that the girls that I worked with along with others do continue to fight for the way they were treated by these people.Maybe on day the word will get out and patients along with their familys will no longer support this place.I wish that I could get in contact with the ones in the lawsuiet because I am SURE I could be MUCH help to them and their stand against Select.
Unknown

AOL

#7 Sep 27, 2007
Does anyone know how I can contact this lawyer that is helping these girls?I have some information that he may need
Jamie

Ripley, OH

#8 Sep 28, 2007
Unknown wrote:
Does anyone know how I can contact this lawyer that is helping these girls?I have some information that he may need
you can contact Nick Wallingford at whitney wallingford law firm to give him any information to help with this case. Thank You whoever you are.
Jamie

Ripley, OH

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Unknown wrote:
I have just realized that on the morning that I was aqused of "patient abuse" I had given report to the nursing tech that I have turned in time and time again for not providing the patients with the care in which HE documented and had went to the director of clinical services about him falsifying the vitals of the patients.Isnt it odd that the one time that he takes of my patients on that morning that I am then suspended for the allegations of patient abuse?And there are MANY of the nurses which NOW still work at Select in which I had mentioned this too about his vitals being falsified and the response from them"he has been doing that for a long time and we all know it".The one supervisor in which DID hold the staff accountable for their lack of actions in caring for these people was thretened by this tech through other employees that SHE would lose her job before he would and guess what,she has.Now when retaliation is taken in a form such that has been taken against me and not only the director but also other staff play along in it I wonder if there should be yet another law suit for wrongful termination?And a call from a nurse this am was letting me know that EVERYONE knew about my suspension WHICH came from another tech who is a good friend of this tech who is NOT providing the care for patients.What is it that HE has one this place that he is being protected and what about the NEW C.E.O?Its all a "buddy"system and I can only wish that the girls that I worked with along with others do continue to fight for the way they were treated by these people.Maybe on day the word will get out and patients along with their familys will no longer support this place.I wish that I could get in contact with the ones in the lawsuiet because I am SURE I could be MUCH help to them and their stand against Select.
what information would you like to give them? I can help them if you can give me some way to contact you
Bro Philip Webb

Lexington, KY

#10 Sep 29, 2007
This type of behavior must stop!!!!! Lets take a stand and let Lexington Kentuky know that we'er here to stay. What are you and anyone else going to do about the protecting of our families, and communities?
E-mail Phil @ phil_wbb@yahoo.com
Bro Philip Webb

Lexington, KY

#11 Sep 29, 2007
correction We're
NURSE 14

Dayton, OH

#13 Oct 4, 2007
If people want to truly make a difference, we are going to protest this company next Thursday, starting at noon, October 11th. Everyone needs to start calling and writing:
Susan Sears (the attorney representing Select)
250 West Main Street
Suite 1400
Lexington, Kentucky 40507
Or you can contact the CEO at:
4716 Gettysburg Rd.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Or contact the CEO at the Lexington office:
310 South Limestone St.
Lexington, KY 40509
It's time for justice for all parties involved!
student nurse

Versailles, KY

#14 Oct 4, 2007
CORRECTION!!!!!!!!!! The protest against the hospital will be on Tuesday Oct. 9th at noon! ALL are welcome, come and support this cause, remember equality unites!!!!!! prejudice seperates!!!!!! we want to stand united!!!!
UNKNOWN

AOL

#15 Oct 5, 2007
Is this including the hospital in Lexington Ky?Because I WILL BE THERE!
UNKNOWN

AOL

#16 Oct 5, 2007
After receiving a letter from my attorney this week,Select has decided to turn me into to the Dept of Adult Protection.Little did I know until today JUST how many nurses are supporting me in all of this.I want to thank each and EVERY one of them.I have been a nursing tech for 18 years and NEVER have I EVER been accused of things like Select ahs accused me of.
student nurse

Lexington, KY

#17 Oct 7, 2007
UNKNOWN wrote:
Is this including the hospital in Lexington Ky?Because I WILL BE THERE!
Yes! there will be a protest in front of samaritan hospital on tuesday oct 9th at noon against select specialty hospital! ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! in lexington ky
student nurse

Georgetown, OH

#18 Oct 8, 2007
LOCAL PROTEST IN FRONT OF SAMARITAN HOSPITAL IN LEXINGTON KY AGAINST SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL WHICH IS LOCATED INSIDE OF UK/GOOD SAM. THE PROTEST WILL START AT NOON ON OCT 9TH!!!!!!!!!! ALL ARE WELCOME TO COME AND SUPPORT THIS CAUSE, LETS UNITE AND TAKE A STAND AGAINST ANY FORM OF RACIAL HATRED IN THIS AREA. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
UNKNOWN

AOL

#19 Oct 9, 2007
I talked this morning to the A.P.S and they have decided that ALL alligations agaisnt me were UNFOUNDED & UNSUBSTANTIATED !! The thing is that I was TERMINATED BEFORE A.P.S had done an investigation.And the resons that I was initially told that I was being terminated was NOT mentioned in their investigation.Keep in mind that I am STILL under their workers comp for an injury while on the job.So seems to me that even if kentucky is a "fire at will"state that I was terminated for false resons since they had no other reason to terminate other then I was NOT going to allow other employees to continue the lack of care that they were giving.I guess I was a "trouble maker" for Select in the sense that I was not one to just go in and do my job and not question anyone that WAS NOT DOING THEIR JOB which I have NO regrets for turning in the employees that I had reported.I believe in karma and I know that you do wrongful things to others and it comes back to bite you in your own ass!Dont give up all of you that are fighting for your rights along with the rights of the patients.It is people like us that our patients and their families truly need in the heathcare buisness.Now to find an attorney and fightback is my last stand against this hospital and I hope that I will not have to deal with any part of them after that.Word of mouth about this workplace is in deed the best way of advertising what it is TRULY like at Select Specialty Hospital.
student nurse

Lexington, KY

#20 Oct 9, 2007
I want to thank everyone for their support today at the protest and prayer vigil. please make your comments on this subject, God Bless You all!!!!!

-Monica M. Hall
unknown

AOL

#21 Oct 10, 2007
I have spoken to an Attorney early this am who along with my attorney that I have agaisnt Select now would like to join on on this that I have against them.I am PATIENTLY awaiting for the call from A.P.S so that I can get a copy of the findings then I can TRULY say that I was WRONGFULLY TERMENATED.Sad part of this is that Selects OWN personal "counsel" out and out LIED to my attorney by stating that The cabinet for families and childen had ALREADY "provided a seperate collaborative CONFORMATION that verbal abuse had occured on at least one of the patients who allegedly complained on you" unquote.Hmmmmm starnge how I have been told diffrent from the A.P.S themselves.How can you even trust a company whos very own attorney LIES?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firm's success behind $50M gift to Drexel 5 hr lol it is HAZY 2
Sutton's welcomes Brandy Robertson 7 hr Statement 1
Brooklyn officials back LICH nurses ahead of Th... Thu Cicws 1
Cuba answers WHO's call for more Ebola help Wed Lord Grandrith 7
Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dalla... Sep 15 Liberal forever 14
Jury awards $400K to woman in hospital lawsuit (Apr '09) Sep 15 white widow 49
Cuba's Ebola aid latest example of 'medical dip... Sep 14 Comanche 3
•••

Nursing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE