Roane Co. residents tour new hospital

Feb 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBIR-TV Knoxville

Patients moved into the new state of the art hospital in Roane County Sunday. The new $76 million dollar facility is in Midtown, which is just a few miles south from the old Roane Medical Center in Harriman.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Harriman Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

How many people did Covenant push out of their jobs. Is this age.discrimination?
RMC Rocks

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Harriman Resident wrote:
How many people did Covenant push out of their jobs. Is this age.discrimination?
The people that lost their jobs were not covenant standard. Harriman Hospital used to be a good ole boy hospital but not anymore! The new hospital have the best people in all the jobs. People that deserve the job on performance not by there name or who they were!
I call BS

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

RMC Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
The people that lost their jobs were not covenant standard. Harriman Hospital used to be a good ole boy hospital but not anymore! The new hospital have the best people in all the jobs. People that deserve the job on performance not by there name or who they were!
That's a load of bull. There were people who lost their jobs simply because Covenant consolidated sources elsewhere for the profit. Further, some people lost their job because of the decision to under-staff in certain areas. Covenant does this at all locations. I do agree that it used to be a good ole boy system there. However, there were many people that lost their jobs that shouldn't have in the first place, or wasn't even involved with the "good ole boy" system. Sure, some did, but not all.
Harriman Resident

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

RMC Rocks- If your grammar and spelling are "Covenant standard" I would greatly prefer the original "good ole boy standard" of RMC of years past. I have personally dealt with one of the employees involved many times and she was always very kind and caring. She was a very good public relations ambassador for the hospital.
Cindy P

Rockwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Good news, there are jobs available at the new hospital ! They brought in extra security guards, yes SECURITY guards to sit inside the boiler room and watch a pressure gauge. These guys are getting paid time and a half (200.00 a shift ) for sitting inside here. Talk about a waste of money ! Why can't the hospital install a camera on those gauges and the people at the front desk can watch them ?
Uhmmm

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Cindy P wrote:
Good news, there are jobs available at the new hospital ! They brought in extra security guards, yes SECURITY guards to sit inside the boiler room and watch a pressure gauge. These guys are getting paid time and a half (200.00 a shift ) for sitting inside here. Talk about a waste of money ! Why can't the hospital install a camera on those gauges and the people at the front desk can watch them ?
Every bit of this is a complete lie and nonsense. Please don't discuss things in which you're clueless about.
Really

Rockwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that alot of people were let go or asked to resign. When covenant came in they went ahead up front stated their rules for employees to see. Employees needed to grow, evolve, be open to new ideas and techniques that is required in the fast paced medical world. For the new hospital to be a success employees had to be flexible with lots of hours and adjust to the new changes. I know its not easy stepping out of the comfort zone, but it has to be done if you want to keep your job. Ex-employees may still be there if they had cooperated. I mean would you want top notch care with the best of best when it comes to doctors and nurses, or settle for mediocrity? I'm not saying that any of them were bad people, they are probably very nice people. This is not a negative comment toward their character. I think it stinks that many people are without a job because of the takeover. But this is what happens when new ownership takes place, that's just the way it is....
Silly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
Ex-employees may still be there if they had cooperated.
What a silly remark. The majority who were let go was from consolidation, not because they "didn't cooperate."
Interesting

Rockwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Cindy P wrote:
I have seen guards in addition to the regular ones coming and going on the weekends hmmm..........
Tempted

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen guards in addition to the regular ones coming and going on the weekends hmmm..........
...So?
Sally

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

so what?
Sandra

Gaffney, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

RMC Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me be the first to tell you that most of the people that lost their positions had good job performance reviews by Covenant! It had nothing to do with standards, job performance, or quality! LPN's lost their jobs because they were LPN'S. some had worked many years in the ER & could run a code blindfolded. Department managers were replaced with people who did not have the qualifications for the job. People who had been dedicated to RMC for years; people who had cards from their same supervisors thanking them for going above & beyond their job duties. These were the people that lost their jobs!
Left town

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Also covenant closed an entire unit dedicated to the care of the elderly. This was not a money maker. But when covenant gave their first spill to employees at rmc they promised not to close this unit but they did. Those employees all lost jobs after ten yrs of service. Not because they did not cooperate. The community looses when we throw the elderly to the side. We need that service back.
packsaddle

Rockwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

you all sound bitter, you must be some of the employees they got rid of, or family of someone who got booted. just keep on crying a river, its not going to make any of the covenant management lose any sleep at night. whether any of yall like it or not, their company is successful and i bet most of you are still patients at covenant facilities. Your contributing to the paychecks of the very people who either fired you or asked you to resign. get over it and quit whining.
Boxie

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

packsaddle wrote:
you all sound bitter, you must be some of the employees they got rid of, or family of someone who got booted. just keep on crying a river, its not going to make any of the covenant management lose any sleep at night. whether any of yall like it or not, their company is successful and i bet most of you are still patients at covenant facilities. Your contributing to the paychecks of the very people who either fired you or asked you to resign. get over it and quit whining.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize everyone had to curtail their opinions only to being positive towards Covenant. You see, I don't work there, never have, don't have any friends or family there, nor am I a patient there. I do, however, have experience with dealing with that system. Just because someone has negative opinions doesn't mean they fall under you broad false assumptions and generalizations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••