skip breakfast=lose weight??

Posted in the Nursing Forum

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2 Jul 29, 2013
well if you're in a diet, perhaps you should try taking oatmeal instead of meats and other fatty foods

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2013
Recent research out of Harvard suggests men who skip breakfast are far more likely to have a heart attack or die from heart disease. The news gave nutritionists reason to re-sound the alarm to remind people to not miss out on the "most important meal of the day."

But, Cornell University scientists earlier this month found skipping breakfast might in fact be a healthy way to lose weight.

"The trend in American society is that the population -- particularly young adults -- is gaining weight, about one pound a year," said that study's co-author Carly R. Pacanowski, a doctoral candidate in the field of nutritional sciences at Cornell. "So the population needs strategies to help them prevent weight gain. We need to revisit the assumption that we must always eat breakfast, and learn if we really need to eat breakfast all the time."

Location hidden

#4 Nov 5, 2013
In the first experiment, researchers gave participants either no breakfast, a 335-calorie breakfast high in carbohydrates or a high fiber breakfast measuring 360 calories.
DoninCA

Bakersfield, CA

#5 Nov 5, 2013
I used to weigh 455lb at 6ft tall. MD prescribed me Phetermine and after losing some weight I regained some back. I tried exercising but kept getting injured. Finally after weighing at 440lb I decided to make use of Phetermine's effects and since I stopped exercising I started eating eating 1 meal a day. I am now at 410. Got the idea off a talk show host who was real heavy now he is not. My MD at first was reluctant but then went along with it.

Would not suggest everyone do this but if your health is good then try it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
34 Indian nurses being evacuated from Libya 15 hr Nuhor Lir Gurenna 1
Doctors and nurses working with critically ill ... 21 hr lots of reforms n... 1
Baby born in flight aboard airliner over Califo... Dec 15 DILF 30
Ohio and U.S. companies in demand for truck dri... (Nov '12) Dec 12 cisco 14
Ebola epidemic diminishing? Not so fast, expert... Dec 11 henu 2
i need help (Apr '07) Dec 11 henu 2
AirStrip Technologies, Inc. - Medical Equipment... Dec 10 medstandard 1
More from around the web