Nursing Uniforms
amp

Commerce, GA

#42 Oct 28, 2007
Right wing Sean wrote:
<quoted text>No thats not the point hmp, nurses need to identify themselves as professional nurses rather than idenifying themselves as jailbirds in scrubs or uneducated ignorant cleaning ladys. I myself respects a man or lady for their clotheds rather than their brains. That would be like for example if a man walked into a countryclub or a wedding with a IQ of a 190 , but was dressed like a total bum in a Harley Davidson tshirt and blue jeans. I mean what good is it to respect someone who makes a bad impression on others as well as there selves hmp??. A nother thing hmp you said that wearing white in the ER is not a good idea because white color can get stained with blood and dirt??. Thats a load of irresponsible garbage excuse you just made, how hard is it to have three of those nurses white uniforms on hand and have the stained one over to the cleanors to have those blood and dirt stains removed hmp??. Like stains dirt stains are hard to remove??, come on HMP, you cant be serious. I mean white dress shirts and white blouses get stained too , so does that mean that people should stop wearing white dress shirts and ties??. My aunt is a nurse my freind and has three of those white starchy uniforms, and for one uniform to get stained, she has a nother spare white uniform on hand to wear while the other is being dry cleaned. What all this boils down to HMP is that your FEMINIST comments are flatout irresponsible, and your basically looking for every copout excuse to be made just so you wont have to be put on those fancy white nurses dress and white caps to show honor and respect for that profession. Face it HMP, this isnt really so much about white uniforms getting stained with dirt and blood because if that were true, all nurses during the 1930s and 1940s would all be wearing scrubs. Your feminist bullsh*t excuse aint cutting, you basically hate being put in highheels and dresses and being the feminist that you are HMP, you would rather dress like a male jailbird inmate in scrubs rather than dressing like a lady in the professional white uniforms and whitecaps for honor and hardwork. You feminist basically degrade yourselves and lower all your standards to where you would much rather identify yourselves as someone from the county jail instead of showing some pride and digity in the white uniforms. Thats what you feminist are morely into is brains and not beauty or feminitity. I think all nurses today look really discraceful and a sorry excuse for that profession. Most of them are fat, ugly and dress like men rather than women
Well, Right Wing Sean, I'd first like to address the fact that you can't spell, are you in the first grade? You obviously have no manners either, what makes you think all "cleaning ladies" as you put it are ignorant and uneducated. What is your profession? I myself am an e.r. nurse and agree with the comments from HMP. How can you judge people when you probably live with your momma? This sounds kind of personal, did you fail nursing school? Or were you made fun of by someone in scrubs? Or were you a jailbird yourself? If you are in a life or death situation, does it really matter what the nurse is wearing? If so, good luck finding a nurse in white, she'll be the one pushing a walker. I really have nothing against wearing white but that is not what my employer wants me to wear. All depts. in my hopsital are color coded, like HMP's. By the way, all nurses are not fat or ugly, sorry you've obviously had some bad experiences, but don't be hatin'.
amp

Commerce, GA

#43 Oct 28, 2007
Did Right Wing Sean get dumped by a nurse? Do you have nothing better to do than to comment to every post on this topic, get a life, loser.
Unknown

Little Rock, AR

#44 Oct 30, 2007
Scurbs make nurses look good but some people don't want to wear the same plan thing everyday some people want to be different than others and wear something stylish.
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#45 Oct 30, 2007
Unknown wrote:
Scurbs make nurses look good but some people don't want to wear the same plan thing everyday some people want to be different than others and wear something stylish.
Uhhh ahhhh no my freind you have that totally backwards, scrubs are plane, tacky and ugly, plus not to mention that it make a nurse look un-dignified. You wanna dress like some jailbird, cleanor or a un-educated ditchdigger , but dont expect me to respect you as a nurse. The funny thing about you liberal/feminist is that you are all in denial. Basically you all know it yourselves that scrubs are ugly so you wanna try to make them look stylish with animal prints to try and OVER-COMPENSATE of how ugly and tacky they are already. Listen pal LOL and listen good because you obviously dont get where i'm coming from on this issue, no matter how you try and make scrubs look fashionable with these fancy prints, there still gonna be UGLY, TACKY, USELESS scrubs regardless. Scrubs are scrubs no matter what new changes you put on them. It would be like for example if i were a rich millioner that refused to move into a nice 5 million dollor estate but chose to live in my runned down cracker box house. Well no matter how much i try and remodel my 30 year old cracker box house with a new paintjob, its still not gonna change the fact that i am still living in that runned down old ghetto cracker box house along side with gangsters and drug users. The point i'm trying to make is that dont fancy up something when its still gonna be what it is. To me it makes no sense that if you put yourself through so many years of nursing school and then refuse to wear the graduation pins but choose scrubs???. There is no brains in that, and obviously there are some loose screws if you would much rather dress like an unflattering uneducated jail inmate or janitor in scrubs rather than dress professional in the fancy white nurses uniform. Wearing the white starchy uniform shows you are in a much higher position of authority over anyone who wears scrubs anyday. Wearing scrubs as a nurse really makes no sense and it just identifys that person as either a caregiver, a cleaning lady, a janitor or a lowclass unedcated ditchdigger. The trouble with you unknown is that you dont have much self esteem or pride as a nurse that you wouldnt identify yourself as a nurse to show some dignity
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#46 Oct 30, 2007
To wear scrubs in a high position of authority like nursing is like me hanging my GED on the wall rather than hanging my PH.D degree where everyone can see how smart i am.

Anyone who chooses to dress in scrubs in the nursing profession obviously has no TASTE or self esteem and doesnt belong in that profession in the first place.

Now if i wanna get some scrubs, yeah sure i can get them for free at the county jail alot more than earning the startchy white uniform, white caps and nursing pins.

Thats just a backwards ignorant way of thinking to not dress professional in the white starchy uniform and white caps, but to wear scrubs in a high profession like nursing.

Its time nurses start dressing more professional and dignified than they are doing now, like your firefighers, policemen, officers in the military etc
Tina

Newton, KS

#47 Oct 30, 2007
I am an RN and float in between the ICUs in a hospital in Kansas, and there is a lot of controversy surrounding 'color-coding' all the staff (except management.. which I did suggest) to increase patient satisfaction..? We (the RNs) are expected to purchase 'maroon' uniforms and start wearing these 01/01/08. At first, they said navy blue, so many of the nurses purchased navy blue, then management changed their minds and gave the navy blue color to the CNAs. Well, now management is suggesting we bring the uniforms in and 'swap' them for non-existing maroon uniforms (in other words, donate our blue scrubs to the CNAs).. I just was looking at legal web sites a few minutes ago, and saw that uniforms can be mandatory, and can be deducted from employee's pay.. as long as it does not drop their pay below minimum wage. I wonder if the hospital did this turn-around so the RN's would pay for the CNA's uniforms, as well?
Personally, I think the hospital has a lot more important issues to look at, other than uniforms. RN retentention and reasonable nurse to patient ratios taking accuity into consideration should be high on their list of priorities. One nurse said that when the color coding comes into effect, the patients will KNOW that the hospital is running short staffed.
I think the one thing that bothers me most, though, is that I moxed (the hospital's e-mail system) the CEO and CNO a certified letter that expressed mine and a few other ICU nurses' thoughts.. The mox was never acknowledged, and was deleted from my box. After 10 years of service, I guess what I have to say is insignificant. I will probably stay until the end of December, while preparing to change employment. I refuse to be treated like a mindless clone.
jessi

San Diego, CA

#48 Oct 31, 2007
Coming from someone who has recently spent a lot of time in a hospital with her dying father. I can tell you that I could care less who was wearing what. As long as it was clean, and how they were in their “work” It was about how that person took care of my father, and how they treated us (the family) wasn’t it? Come to think of it, I noticed that the ones who treated the hospital as a fashion show (i.e. matching shoes, to coat, to scrubs, to clips in the hair) were the ones who could care less about the patients, it seemed to be more like it was more their social hour, like in highschool. So props the men and women out their doing this to help people. God forbid we get a bunch of people who just want to wear the clothes haha...It seems to me like a very angry man who should find more worthwhile things to pick apart.
Kate

United States

#49 Nov 3, 2007
Sean...you are a silly little man who ought to be ashamed of himself.
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#50 Nov 10, 2007
jessi wrote:
Coming from someone who has recently spent a lot of time in a hospital with her dying father. I can tell you that I could care less who was wearing what. As long as it was clean, and how they were in their “work” It was about how that person took care of my father, and how they treated us (the family) wasn’t it? Come to think of it, I noticed that the ones who treated the hospital as a fashion show (i.e. matching shoes, to coat, to scrubs, to clips in the hair) were the ones who could care less about the patients, it seemed to be more like it was more their social hour, like in highschool. So props the men and women out their doing this to help people. God forbid we get a bunch of people who just want to wear the clothes haha...It seems to me like a very angry man who should find more worthwhile things to pick apart.
Thats not the point, when i am a patient, i want to know whos the nurse, the janitor or the nurses aid. When nurses all dress the same just like anyone else, how the hell do i know if they are the hospital janitors or cleanors??. Nurses need to start dressing more like real nurses rather than dressing like a prison convict in scrubs. To me scrubs are tacky, ugly, useless and makes a nurse not look professional at all. If a nurse wants my respect, they need to start wearing the required uniform just like policemen, firemen or officers in the military. When a nurse wears scrubs, people will automatically assume the worse that she is some ignorant uneducated cleaning lady who did not graduate from nursing school much less from highschool. Now is this what you high skilled nurses want to be identified as to your patients is some male jail inmate or some hospital janitor????
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#51 Nov 10, 2007
traditional right wing conservatives want all nurses wearing the white uniforms with their graduation pins. While left wing liberal/feminist want nurses to wear scrubs and dress the same as everyone else even dressing like a prison convict.
Its times nurses start dressing more LADYLIKE , rather than dressing MALE LIKE in scrubs and to identify themselves as a male prison convict or some male hospital janitor in scrubs
Louise

Calgary, Canada

#52 Nov 13, 2007
Sean,

Apparently you aren't educated yourself or you would have a chance at crafting an argument better than a 4th grader, and likewise you could use an education in grammar and spelling. Instead you present yourself as ignorant and chauvinistic.

Evidently you haven't spent any time in long term care, so count yourself lucky and keep your mouth shut when you do.
Right wing Sean

Douglas, MA

#53 Nov 14, 2007
Louise wrote:
Sean,
Apparently you aren't educated yourself or you would have a chance at crafting an argument better than a 4th grader, and likewise you could use an education in grammar and spelling. Instead you present yourself as ignorant and chauvinistic.
Evidently you haven't spent any time in long term care, so count yourself lucky and keep your mouth shut when you do.
Actually Louise, we are not having a spelling contest here the way you are bashing peoples spelling and grammer which has nothing to do with this debate. I didnt ask for a spell/grammer check thank you very much, and if i want a second oppinion on how i spell, i would ask for it. If this is your way of using this as an ad-hominem attack on somebody, then goodluck, you just showed how much intellect you lacked. And yes nurses need to stop dressing like they are wearing male pajama's or male prison inmate scrubs. It just makes no sense at all if you put yourself through all this years of nursing school to be higher than anyone who works in the hospital, but choose to dress like everyone else including the hospital janitors or cleaning ladys. That would be like me for example being promoted to officer in the military but instead i choose to still wear my basic training outfit
Jennifer Petree

Camp Hill, PA

#54 Dec 7, 2007
Jennifer S wrote:
I have some gently used scrubs for sale. 6 sets (tops and bottoms) for $75. Cute prints...Care Bears, gardening froggies, coffee...etc.
Please visit: http://saluki.homeip.net/html/scrubs.html
I would be intersted in the scrubs. Email me at [email protected] om.
Jeff Allen

United States

#55 Dec 20, 2007
I always buy from www.tkscrubs.com .They don't try to sell what they don't have and can't get.
Sarah

New York, NY

#56 Dec 26, 2007
I used to have to wear a full uniform and don't miss it at all! I much prefer scrubs - just hop out of bed and throw them on and you are ready to go! I mostly wear Dickies Scrubs, but I also like Urbane. Try http://www.mynursinguniforms.com/
fred

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#57 Dec 26, 2007
thank the feminists for taking away our feminine nurses, and thank the perverts for slut-ifying the traditional nurse uniform, and thank the I-wanna-be-comfortable grunge-ugly scrub wear-ers for the androgynization/slobification of our (medical) society

found this on the web -

Why did nurses stop wearing the white dress? During the nineteen-sixties, an era that was hard on uniforms in general, feminists began to read its whiteness as a sign not of power but of diminishment.

Elizabeth Norman, a professor of nursing at N.Y.U. and the author of two books on the history of wartime nursing, told me, "In the constant struggle for independence from doctors, some nurses started to see the white uniform as a symbol of the angelic, demure, dependent woman, not of the tough, resourceful professional she really is."

Around the same time, as hemlines went above the knee and nurses' dresses got sexier, the naughty nurse-that authoritative yet submissive female-began to appear in Playboy cartoons, among other places. As the actual uniform has vanished from hospitals, this fantasy nurse seems to have grown in the collective id; she is a fixture of countless randy-postcard displays in magazine stores everywhere. Naughty nurses rarely dress in scrubs.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#58 Dec 26, 2007
Right wing Sean wrote:
To wear scrubs in a high position of authority like nursing is like me hanging my GED on the wall rather than hanging my PH.D degree where everyone can see how smart i am.
Anyone who chooses to dress in scrubs in the nursing profession obviously has no TASTE or self esteem and doesnt belong in that profession in the first place.
Now if i wanna get some scrubs, yeah sure i can get them for free at the county jail alot more than earning the startchy white uniform, white caps and nursing pins.
Thats just a backwards ignorant way of thinking to not dress professional in the white starchy uniform and white caps, but to wear scrubs in a high profession like nursing.
Its time nurses start dressing more professional and dignified than they are doing now, like your firefighers, policemen, officers in the military etc
Hey slick I am a male RN. Can wear my nice little hat and dress? Son give it a break.
Sue

Allentown, PA

#59 Jan 12, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey slick I am a male RN. Can wear my nice little hat and dress? Son give it a break.
Sorry, no dresses or hats for you. LOL

What I would like to see is nurses wearing the pins from their school. Not a manditory thing just a personal preferance.
texasERnurse

Georgetown, TX

#60 Feb 19, 2008
hmmmmm......I find that my coworkers and patients respect me due to my skills, not the way I am dressed. I hope that you are at least half as concerned about acting like a professional nurse, as you are about looking like one.
sean wrote:
<quoted text>Listen ok!!!, i dont care what fancy designs are on scrubs, or how fashionable they are ok!!!, you know it as well as i know it that scrubs are scrubs ok!!!. You liberal/feminist know it yourselves that scrubs dont make you look respectful in the nursing profession as much as the white uniform with the white caps. This is how you try with all this fancy Bullsh*t by giving scrubs a fashionable design an order to over compensate of how ugly they already look. Yeah sure i can take a pair of jail inmate scrubs or janitor scrubs and put iguana designs on it, but its still not gonna change the fact that there cheap, ugly and usless. As i already stated before that scrubs are scrubs no matter how you try and over compensate by making them trendy of how ugly they already are as it is. That would be like for example if a rich man desided to still live in the ghetto and upgraded his rundown looking house with a new paint job and new floor tiles. I mean regardless what difference does that make??.
Still if you give that rundown looking home a new upgraded of making it look more brand newer than the rest of the homes on the block, its still in a lower class crime infested poor neighborhood.
Well its the same with scrubs, no matter how you try to make it look fancy, its still gonna be scrubs.
I will not respect a nurse who wants to be practical by wearing scrubs. To me this is defeating the whole purpose of trying to look professional and wanting to showoff what you have.
60 years ago when a women was working her way through schooling to becoming a nurse, after graduation these nursing students would look forward to there caps and pins.
This was like an honor to them as akin to an individual who was receiving his Doctorate degree.
Now if you look at nurses today, i mean yeah sure they are proud to be nurses in all, however they dont wanna identify themselves as nurses by not wearing the starchy white uniform and caps.
It just goes and shows that they wanna have it bothways which is really sad for all nurses who discredit themselves in that profession
Kacie

Rio Rancho, NM

#61 Feb 26, 2008
Sean, can you at least start making NEW arguments. Everyone one of your posts are near identical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Hope Ministries seek to help for Ugandan ch... May 21 china white 1
News California Democrats open convention with eye o... May 21 WEDONTKNOW 4
News Whistle-blowing nurse wants action on Nunavut n... (Mar '15) May 20 anonymous 177
News Nurses Strike At Robert Wood Johnson U. Hospital (Aug '06) May 18 als 45
News Miller named 2017 Yuma County Nurse of the Year May 15 Another good nurse 2
News Oklahoma lawmakers could halt Medicaid privatiz... May 12 teachemgood 1
Help May 5 Helpme 1
More from around the web