Nursing Uniforms
sean

Douglas, MA

#22 May 20, 2007
The trouble with all nurses today is that they wanna be nurses and be in that profession, yet they dont wanna identify as nurses by dressing exacly like nurses in the national starchy white uniforms. To all you nurses out there who choose to wear those tacky, dingy scrubs is that you cannot have it bothways. If you dont wanna looklike nurses to your patients as you should be representing yourselves as, then stayout of that profession if your not well suited for it. To all you nurses out there who wish not to identify as nurses, here is a link you need to look into so you can get an inside glimps on how real nurses should dress like http://www.allheart.com/nurses-dresses.html .
sean

Douglas, MA

#23 May 26, 2007
All nurses in the 21th century need to forgett about this compfort bull**** when it comes to wearing something thats a part of there profession. They need to start dressing more traditional and professional in the white uniforms which would be the white dress, white stockings, white aprons and white shoes. Scrubs to me are tacky, and makes all nurses not looklike nurses. It makes them look nothing other than hospital cleaners or janitors
Jade

United States

#24 Jun 27, 2007
All yall need to shut up.
sean

Douglas, MA

#25 Jun 28, 2007
Jade wrote:
All yall need to shut up.
Jade...you need to stick with this topic, because this is a touchy subject. The way i see it is that all nurses to to dress more presentable and conservatively to all there patients by wearing the starchy white uniforms. Scrubs are flatout ridiculous which makes all nurses look nothing more than just ignorant uneducated cleaners or janitors. Nurses of today have lowered there standards which is sad, they all look manly and dress manly in scrubs. Now what real nurse wears scrubs
oscar

United States

#26 Sep 9, 2007
i'm a really big guy who's about to start working in the hospital but i dont know where to go to get scrubs in my size 7xl, if any one knows where i can look please e-mail me at [email protected]
lacee

Regina, Canada

#27 Sep 17, 2007
Sean,
have you every tried to clean a white starched unifrom that is dirty?? And have you ever had to bend over in a dress, while changing a leg bag, trying not to loose the 'coif' on your head? think about that. Also it is 'their head' not 'there head'.
sean

Worcester, MA

#28 Sep 21, 2007
lacee wrote:
Sean,
have you every tried to clean a white starched unifrom that is dirty?? And have you ever had to bend over in a dress, while changing a leg bag, trying not to loose the 'coif' on your head? think about that. Also it is 'their head' not 'there head'.
So lacee...dressing in compfort is more important than your dignity and pride??. Dressing in compfort such as scrubs is more important than wearing something that indicates your in a higher position of authority??. No lacee, thats just a negative feminist attitude you have, no real nurse wears scrubs ok!!!. Wearing that national white uniform with the white caps is an indication that you are in power of authority more than anyone else who works in the hospital. Wearing that white uniform is an honor and a sign of respect which you will not get from a cheap, tacky, ugly pair of janitor scrubs. Aint nobody will respect a nurse who chooses to identify herself as either a janitor, a cleanor or a jail inmate
Judy

Cathedral City, CA

#29 Sep 24, 2007
Hey there...I have my own uniform store, Palm Springs Scrubs, in where else...Palm Springs, California and a website, ScrubsDirect.com . The coolest, newest line of medical uniforms for the junior girl is Koi Happiness by Kathy Peterson. You can see her winter line on our website. The spring line is awesome, but won't be out yet for a couple of months. Watch this brand for the trendiest uniform out there. Guys are just kind of luck when it comes to uniforms, although I like Iguana, for a very stylish, simple look and Gel Scrubs for college scrubs. They are both owned by Walrus. We have Iguana on our site, but not Gel Scrubs. Have questions? Let me know.
sean

Worcester, MA

#30 Sep 25, 2007
Judy wrote:
Hey there...I have my own uniform store, Palm Springs Scrubs, in where else...Palm Springs, California and a website, ScrubsDirect.com . The coolest, newest line of medical uniforms for the junior girl is Koi Happiness by Kathy Peterson. You can see her winter line on our website. The spring line is awesome, but won't be out yet for a couple of months. Watch this brand for the trendiest uniform out there. Guys are just kind of luck when it comes to uniforms, although I like Iguana, for a very stylish, simple look and Gel Scrubs for college scrubs. They are both owned by Walrus. We have Iguana on our site, but not Gel Scrubs. Have questions? Let me know.
Listen ok!!!, i dont care what fancy designs are on scrubs, or how fashionable they are ok!!!, you know it as well as i know it that scrubs are scrubs ok!!!. You liberal/feminist know it yourselves that scrubs dont make you look respectful in the nursing profession as much as the white uniform with the white caps. This is how you try with all this fancy Bullsh*t by giving scrubs a fashionable design an order to over compensate of how ugly they already look. Yeah sure i can take a pair of jail inmate scrubs or janitor scrubs and put iguana designs on it, but its still not gonna change the fact that there cheap, ugly and usless. As i already stated before that scrubs are scrubs no matter how you try and over compensate by making them trendy of how ugly they already are as it is. That would be like for example if a rich man desided to still live in the ghetto and upgraded his rundown looking house with a new paint job and new floor tiles. I mean regardless what difference does that make??.

Still if you give that rundown looking home a new upgraded of making it look more brand newer than the rest of the homes on the block, its still in a lower class crime infested poor neighborhood.

Well its the same with scrubs, no matter how you try to make it look fancy, its still gonna be scrubs.

I will not respect a nurse who wants to be practical by wearing scrubs. To me this is defeating the whole purpose of trying to look professional and wanting to showoff what you have.

60 years ago when a women was working her way through schooling to becoming a nurse, after graduation these nursing students would look forward to there caps and pins.

This was like an honor to them as akin to an individual who was receiving his Doctorate degree.

Now if you look at nurses today, i mean yeah sure they are proud to be nurses in all, however they dont wanna identify themselves as nurses by not wearing the starchy white uniform and caps.

It just goes and shows that they wanna have it bothways which is really sad for all nurses who discredit themselves in that profession
sean

Worcester, MA

#31 Sep 27, 2007
enough said
pat

UAE

#32 Sep 30, 2007
please share me some unique uniforms for medical
pat

UAE

#33 Sep 30, 2007
please share me someunique designs for medical
sean

Worcester, MA

#34 Oct 17, 2007
nurses need to stick with the white uniform and thats all there is to it. Scrubs are ugly and tacky which gives a nurses less dignity
Ally

AOL

#35 Oct 19, 2007
Sean, Can you learn not to have a male ego and put me or any other nurse in a dress!!!!Just Tame someone Else!!
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#36 Oct 19, 2007
Ally wrote:
Sean, Can you learn not to have a male ego and put me or any other nurse in a dress!!!!Just Tame someone Else!!
Alley...nurses belong in a white dress, white stockings, a nursing cap and a nursing pin. Nurses today seriously do look discraceful, they set a bad image for themselves by being fat, ugly and dressing like either a man prison inmate or a male janitor in scrubs. Scrubs are ugly, tacky and really make all nurses identify themselves as ignorant uneducated cleanors. I will never respect a nurse who chooses to dress like an inmate from the county jail
Shirley

Whitinsville, MA

#37 Oct 25, 2007
I take great insult on these comments. As a nurse of 30 years I am very tired of wearing white all the time. Colored scrubs can be stylish and comfortable. The professionism is in how one carries themselves and in their actions. It is how one acts-not in what they wear. I dress neatly and professionally in a variety of colors and prints and am still treated with the respect my position is entitled to.
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#38 Oct 25, 2007
Shirley wrote:
I take great insult on these comments. As a nurse of 30 years I am very tired of wearing white all the time. Colored scrubs can be stylish and comfortable. The professionism is in how one carries themselves and in their actions. It is how one acts-not in what they wear. I dress neatly and professionally in a variety of colors and prints and am still treated with the respect my position is entitled to.
shirley....it doesnt make any difference ok!!!, scrubs are scrubs!!! no matter what color or fashionable prints you add onto them. You know it yourself and you are in true denial, you know there ugly and tacky as hell so you try to have them with these fancy prints and animal designs to OVER-COMPENSATE for how ugly and discraceful they already are. As i already made the example before that it would like if a rich millioner was still living in a runned down ghetto cracker box house and tryed to make his runned down house look different than the others with a fancy color with upgrading. Even so Shirley its still not gonna change the fact that your living in a runned down ghetto cracker box house no matter how much remodeling and upgrading you do with that house. If your rich, wouldnt you much prefer living in a huge two story house in a gated community full of rich folks to show some pride, rather than still living in that old runned down house in a lowclass neighborhood??. Well its the same with scrubs, they are ugly, they are tacky no matter how many fancy animal print designs there are, there still gonna be scrubs no matter what you do with them. Scrubs will make you looklike you are nothing more than a male janitor or a male prison inmate. Yeah sure i can go to the jails and put animal designs and fancy prints on their scrubs, but its still gonna be loser scrubs anyways. Thats the trouble with you FEMINAZI nurses, you dont wanna identify yourselves as nurses which shows you do not deserve to be in that profession. Thats like me becoming an officer in the airforce but instead of wearing the officer uniform, i choose to dress in that same uniform when i started in bootcamp ::hypothedically speaking:::. Think about Shirley that white uniform with the white cap is like an honor to wear to show some respect kind of like the same as if a college graduate showsoff his Doctorate degree with honor and hardwork
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#39 Oct 25, 2007
Shirley wrote:
"I dress neatly and professionally in a variety of colors and prints and am still treated with the respect my position is entitled to. " No you do not dress neatly and professional Shirley, you dress like a real uneducated loser inmate on those scrubs. And if for once you think that scrubs look neat and professional, then you need a wakeup call because you would fit in with any loser jail inmate or a loser janitor. A real professional look for all nurses is to be put on the white uniform dress, white stockings, white caps and pins to show where they stand in a higher position of authority which you will not find in a cheap loser, ugly pair of scrubs ok!!!. Thats like for example showing off a GED rather than showing off a Degree in plastic surgery medicine. Where the fawk is the brains in that Shirley
hmp

Commerce, GA

#40 Oct 27, 2007
Right wing Sean wrote:
<quoted text>"I dress neatly and professionally in a variety of colors and prints and am still treated with the respect my position is entitled to. " No you do not dress neatly and professional Shirley, you dress like a real uneducated loser inmate on those scrubs. And if for once you think that scrubs look neat and professional, then you need a wakeup call because you would fit in with any loser jail inmate or a loser janitor. A real professional look for all nurses is to be put on the white uniform dress, white stockings, white caps and pins to show where they stand in a higher position of authority which you will not find in a cheap loser, ugly pair of scrubs ok!!!. Thats like for example showing off a GED rather than showing off a Degree in plastic surgery medicine. Where the fawk is the brains in that Shirley
we are respected for our brains not our clothes. try wearing whites in the e.r. while running around, getting them bloody and dirty and see how professional they are. many hospitals departments are mandatory color coded so wearing white is not an option.get a life and worry about your own appearance
Right wing Sean

Worcester, MA

#41 Oct 27, 2007
hmp wrote:
<quoted text>we are respected for our brains not our clothes. try wearing whites in the e.r. while running around, getting them bloody and dirty and see how professional they are. many hospitals departments are mandatory color coded so wearing white is not an option.get a life and worry about your own appearance
No thats not the point hmp, nurses need to identify themselves as professional nurses rather than idenifying themselves as jailbirds in scrubs or uneducated ignorant cleaning ladys. I myself respects a man or lady for their clotheds rather than their brains. That would be like for example if a man walked into a countryclub or a wedding with a IQ of a 190 , but was dressed like a total bum in a Harley Davidson tshirt and blue jeans. I mean what good is it to respect someone who makes a bad impression on others as well as there selves hmp??. A nother thing hmp you said that wearing white in the ER is not a good idea because white color can get stained with blood and dirt??. Thats a load of irresponsible garbage excuse you just made, how hard is it to have three of those nurses white uniforms on hand and have the stained one over to the cleanors to have those blood and dirt stains removed hmp??. Like stains dirt stains are hard to remove??, come on HMP, you cant be serious. I mean white dress shirts and white blouses get stained too , so does that mean that people should stop wearing white dress shirts and ties??. My aunt is a nurse my freind and has three of those white starchy uniforms, and for one uniform to get stained, she has a nother spare white uniform on hand to wear while the other is being dry cleaned. What all this boils down to HMP is that your FEMINIST comments are flatout irresponsible, and your basically looking for every copout excuse to be made just so you wont have to be put on those fancy white nurses dress and white caps to show honor and respect for that profession. Face it HMP, this isnt really so much about white uniforms getting stained with dirt and blood because if that were true, all nurses during the 1930s and 1940s would all be wearing scrubs. Your feminist bullsh*t excuse aint cutting, you basically hate being put in highheels and dresses and being the feminist that you are HMP, you would rather dress like a male jailbird inmate in scrubs rather than dressing like a lady in the professional white uniforms and whitecaps for honor and hardwork. You feminist basically degrade yourselves and lower all your standards to where you would much rather identify yourselves as someone from the county jail instead of showing some pride and digity in the white uniforms. Thats what you feminist are morely into is brains and not beauty or feminitity. I think all nurses today look really discraceful and a sorry excuse for that profession. Most of them are fat, ugly and dress like men rather than women

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit alleges Medicare fraud (Nov '09) Fri Fart Plants 50
News Berkshire signatures join filing in support of ... Dec 7 Carl from Pittsfield 5
News Winnipeg ER wait times still among worst in Can... Dec 2 I win AGAIN 12
News Nurse practitioner savors homecoming Nov 30 Ole Miss News 2
News Barrow medical center's lawsuit says hospital d... (Mar '08) Nov 21 violet puppies 13
News Violence against front-line hospital staff on r... Nov '17 cutbacks the problem 1
News Helping ease cancer battle (Feb '09) Nov '17 martin garey 8
More from around the web