Karen Bowling named MSU Health Scienc...

Karen Bowling named MSU Health Sciences Dean

There are 69 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Karen Bowling named MSU Health Sciences Dean. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

Feb. 10--BECKLEY -- Karen Bowling, well known for her work as president and CEO of Raleigh General Hospital, has been selected as dean of Mountain State University's School of Health Sciences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

Al Li

Beckley, WV

#44 Feb 23, 2011
Woman Pray wrote:
I am a female minister. I wil pray for her...she is in a bad place at MSU.
You are an idiot. Spend your prayers for the millions of starving orphans in the world. Shut your nasty pie hole and keep your religion fairy tales to yourself.
RGen

Beckley, WV

#45 Feb 23, 2011
Karen we have heard you will move up quickly.
Go girl.
enrollment downgoingdown

Beckley, WV

#46 Mar 11, 2011
Karen is beginning to figure things out at MSU.

It will be interesting to observe.
enrollment downgoingdown

Beckley, WV

#47 Mar 13, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about the accreditation mess this week? I heard they are running scared.
Employee There

Rocky Mount, NC

#48 Mar 13, 2011
I "heard" many things. Good and BAD. Never personally had a problem with anyone except Judy Jennings. Now she's a real piece of work.
pops

Tarboro, NC

#49 Mar 13, 2011
I know Karen personally and I think that she is a pretty good person.It sounds like that there are some very jealous people making comments about something they think they know.She has 2 masters degrees and I wonder how many that are posting can come even close. I will say good luck Karen because it sounds like the barracudas are after you.
lostball

Oak Hill, WV

#51 Mar 17, 2011
everywhere wrote:
<quoted text>WHY did she quit such a good job, I think their is something fishy there.
Perhaps, it was the transfer ownership from HCA to Light Point. Light Point is really set up to serve the non-urban population. If that is correct, it may be that the company wanted to put a better face on its operations vs. HCA, from which Light Point was spun out.
totheidiotssuppo rtingpolk

Beckley, WV

#52 Mar 31, 2011
France fired March 30, 2011...lets see how long Karen Bowling survives?

As soon as she crosses them...she will be boxed to!!!!!!!!!!

Students run from MSU...go to a real school.
Hired to be Fired

Springfield, VA

#53 Apr 1, 2011
Anyone hired in Nursing since September to help with the accreditation problems is likely to be fired. MSU purposely hires good people, denies them actual support and resources, then fires them when things happen so they can say they `took care of the problem.' Your time will come, Karen.
What a smartass

Rocky Mount, NC

#55 Apr 1, 2011
OMG... NO ONE CARES ABOUT FN KAREN BOWLING!!!
Hired to be Fired

Springfield, VA

#56 Apr 1, 2011
Forgive me, I did not mean to imply Karen was valuable or good, so much as it is the same `modus operandi' the school goes through when a problem they have known about and covered up is found out. MSU hires people in positions of faculty and deans, leads them to believe they will get support for making changes, then does nothing until the University is backed into a corner. They fire someone visible to staff and faculty (like Drs. Halle and France) and claim that MSU is on the road to change. No, I am in no way defending Karen.
working hard

Saint Albans, WV

#57 May 7, 2011
I hope that she is a strong willed woman. Some changes need to take place in the health science department, starting with Debra Campbell. Hopeful the new dean can take Mrs. Campbell down off of her high horse. Someone needs to check into the way she treats the students and staff there! Mrs. Campbell's "ruling" leadership has went on far too long...hopefully the new dean can see Mrs. Campbell really is!!
Debra Campbell

Beckley, WV

#58 May 7, 2011
Everyone knows Debra is fake. She hates working under Bill White and will eventually crack. She could care less about anything but her paycheck.

They are hiding the pass rate (first time) numbers and there are many problems.

This is part of the poor management of MSU>

Must more to come.
Karen Bowling

Beckley, WV

#59 May 7, 2011
I know her very well. She will never put up with William White or Roslyn Artis over a long period of time. She is likes the CEO title and telling others not being told what to do.

Both of these individuals are way too emotional. She will not tolerate this in the long run.
Anonymous

Beckley, WV

#61 May 7, 2011
employee wrote:
She was very much liked at RGH. Most employees hated to see her go. I can already tell it's not going to be a good place to work anymore! Changes for the not so good already taking place.
It was never a good place to work to start with.
msu faculty

Beckley, WV

#62 May 7, 2011
She went from one bad place to another bad employer
Not gonna take it wrote:
<quoted text>
It was never a good place to work to start with.
karenbowling

Beckley, WV

#63 May 12, 2011
I heard Karen Bowling is already sick of MSU. It will be interesting how long she lasts.
Karen Bowling

Beckley, WV

#65 May 13, 2011
Bowling will not last a year at MSU. She is looking just like the rest. She will not put up with Bill White.

She is the ruler of her ship. She will not take it long!!!!!

The days are ticking away.
karen bowling

Beckley, WV

#66 May 16, 2011
How is karen bowling doing at MSU these days?
hershey

Beckley, WV

#67 May 17, 2011
she is b*tch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit alleges Medicare fraud (Nov '09) Dec 15 Fart Plants 50
News Berkshire signatures join filing in support of ... Dec 7 Carl from Pittsfield 5
News Winnipeg ER wait times still among worst in Can... Dec 2 I win AGAIN 12
News Nurse practitioner savors homecoming Nov 30 Ole Miss News 2
News Barrow medical center's lawsuit says hospital d... (Mar '08) Nov 21 violet puppies 13
News Violence against front-line hospital staff on r... Nov '17 cutbacks the problem 1
News Helping ease cancer battle (Feb '09) Nov '17 martin garey 8
More from around the web