Karen Bowling named MSU Health Sciences Dean

Feb 10, 2011 Full story: Charleston Daily Mail 69

Feb. 10--BECKLEY -- Karen Bowling, well known for her work as president and CEO of Raleigh General Hospital, has been selected as dean of Mountain State University's School of Health Sciences.

Full Story

“I pity the fool...”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#23 Feb 17, 2011
nope but I bet the pay is good! They sure dont pay the other people in the offices that well.
crackin up

Beckley, WV

#24 Feb 17, 2011
This should be fun. Ex CEO taking a Dean's position. Quite a step down. Wonder how long it will be before she bumps out one of Polk's posse. Artis, Alexander, Mays? Maybe Polk's position!
health science

Beckley, WV

#25 Feb 21, 2011
My school is so screwed up. The administration is a disgrace.

I am ashamed to be at MSU. At this point I am trapped because no one will take the credit.

Another poor cut throat administrator at MSU>
beckley business

Beckley, WV

#26 Feb 21, 2011
Ros Artis was on the board at RG. He is very corrupt a pathetic attorney and brought her buddy Karen into the fold at MSU.

She was a poor attorney and will bring MSU down.
RG employee

Beckley, WV

#27 Feb 21, 2011
There was a conflict of interest with this hiring. Artis brought her to MSU as a puppet. It makes many people sick to have her on the board at RG
Money talks

Beckley, WV

#28 Feb 21, 2011
They can't keep good instructors because they won't pay them enough. They go elsewhere.
Karen Bowling

Beckley, WV

#29 Feb 21, 2011
She will not last long. Wait until she deals with William White and Roslyn Artis.

She will run!!!! LMAO
Sara

Oak Hill, WV

#30 Feb 21, 2011
Karen Bowling RESIGNED she did not agree with certain things so she RESIGNED! I'm so happy all you people have time from work & family to bash random people you barely know.
RG employee

Beckley, WV

#31 Feb 21, 2011
Correction. Karen Bowling had to resign. She will get everything she deserves at MSU.

Get over it.
concerned

Oak Hill, WV

#32 Feb 21, 2011
you do not have to get pissy. I happen to know the person very well & the fact you people have the time of day to wrongful talk shit about someone is beside me.
Getto mouth

Beckley, WV

#33 Feb 21, 2011
You sound like you came from the getto

are you msu administration or one of the msu students
justified

Richmond, VA

#34 Feb 21, 2011
RIP Patsy Haslam.
concerned

Oak Hill, WV

#35 Feb 21, 2011
actually, it is ghetto. learn to spell & with that I have nothing to say because in a battle of whits you are unarmed.
justified

Richmond, VA

#36 Feb 21, 2011
DOES this mean you do not need an accredited license to nurse at RGH?
yikes

Oak Hill, WV

#37 Feb 21, 2011
I suppose it is the same with police. you do not have to attend the academy to be chief.
MSU

Beckley, WV

#38 Feb 21, 2011
concerned wrote:
actually, it is ghetto. learn to spell & with that I have nothing to say because in a battle of whits you are unarmed.
You would know how to spell this...its your former home. You will always be mixed trash.
actually

Oak Hill, WV

#39 Feb 21, 2011
MSU, I am a student I am white. do not be racist! I come from a very nice home, small town & my family is middle class. we do not experience shootings, everyone knows everyone, my house is in excellent condition & I do know how to speak & contain myself. the only "trash" on this site is you for having such a small brain for narrow thinking. you should not point fingers. I am proud to not be "ghetto" or from a ghetto or fixed income housing however I have sympathy for those who are in that situation even if I do not know how it is to live that way. with that being said, having that type of thinking & awareness of others situations it is I who will go further in life than you.
just

Huntington, WV

#40 Feb 22, 2011
who took Bowlings place AT RGH WHEN SHE LEFT? I THOUGHT MR.MCGRAW WAS CEO OF RGH. I THOUGHT BOWLING WAS JUST OVER NURSING.DID BOWLING move up to TAKE MCGRAWS PLACE? WHAT HAPPEN TO MR. MCGRAW? IS MCGRAWS WIFE STILL OVER RED CROSS. WHY WAS BOWLING SUPPOSEDLY ASKED TO QUIT. WHAT IS THE LOW DOWN ABOUT RGHs ADMINISTRATIVE NURSING PROBLEMS.ARE SOME BEING LOOKED AT FOR LAY-OFF OR REPOSITIONING.DO TELL.
Church Lady

Beckley, WV

#41 Feb 22, 2011
My friends at the RGH did not like her...thats all I know.

I do pray for these people.
Woman Pray

Beckley, WV

#42 Feb 22, 2011
I am a female minister. I wil pray for her...she is in a bad place at MSU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firm's success behind $50M gift to Drexel 22 hr lol it is HAZY 2
Sutton's welcomes Brandy Robertson 23 hr Statement 1
Brooklyn officials back LICH nurses ahead of Th... Thu Cicws 1
Cuba answers WHO's call for more Ebola help Sep 17 Lord Grandrith 7
Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dalla... Sep 15 Liberal forever 14
Jury awards $400K to woman in hospital lawsuit (Apr '09) Sep 15 white widow 49
Cuba's Ebola aid latest example of 'medical dip... Sep 14 Comanche 3
•••

Nursing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE