Karen Bowling named MSU Health Sciences Dean

Feb 10, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Daily Mail

Feb. 10--BECKLEY -- Karen Bowling, well known for her work as president and CEO of Raleigh General Hospital, has been selected as dean of Mountain State University's School of Health Sciences.

Comments
21 - 40 of 69 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2013

“I pity the fool...”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

nope but I bet the pay is good! They sure dont pay the other people in the offices that well.
crackin up

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

This should be fun. Ex CEO taking a Dean's position. Quite a step down. Wonder how long it will be before she bumps out one of Polk's posse. Artis, Alexander, Mays? Maybe Polk's position!
health science

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

My school is so screwed up. The administration is a disgrace.

I am ashamed to be at MSU. At this point I am trapped because no one will take the credit.

Another poor cut throat administrator at MSU>
beckley business

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Ros Artis was on the board at RG. He is very corrupt a pathetic attorney and brought her buddy Karen into the fold at MSU.

She was a poor attorney and will bring MSU down.
RG employee

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

There was a conflict of interest with this hiring. Artis brought her to MSU as a puppet. It makes many people sick to have her on the board at RG
Money talks

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

They can't keep good instructors because they won't pay them enough. They go elsewhere.
Karen Bowling

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

She will not last long. Wait until she deals with William White and Roslyn Artis.

She will run!!!! LMAO
Sara

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Karen Bowling RESIGNED she did not agree with certain things so she RESIGNED! I'm so happy all you people have time from work & family to bash random people you barely know.
RG employee

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Correction. Karen Bowling had to resign. She will get everything she deserves at MSU.

Get over it.
concerned

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

you do not have to get pissy. I happen to know the person very well & the fact you people have the time of day to wrongful talk shit about someone is beside me.
Getto mouth

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

You sound like you came from the getto

are you msu administration or one of the msu students
justified

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

RIP Patsy Haslam.
concerned

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

actually, it is ghetto. learn to spell & with that I have nothing to say because in a battle of whits you are unarmed.
justified

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

DOES this mean you do not need an accredited license to nurse at RGH?
yikes

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

I suppose it is the same with police. you do not have to attend the academy to be chief.
MSU

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

concerned wrote:
actually, it is ghetto. learn to spell & with that I have nothing to say because in a battle of whits you are unarmed.
You would know how to spell this...its your former home. You will always be mixed trash.
actually

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

MSU, I am a student I am white. do not be racist! I come from a very nice home, small town & my family is middle class. we do not experience shootings, everyone knows everyone, my house is in excellent condition & I do know how to speak & contain myself. the only "trash" on this site is you for having such a small brain for narrow thinking. you should not point fingers. I am proud to not be "ghetto" or from a ghetto or fixed income housing however I have sympathy for those who are in that situation even if I do not know how it is to live that way. with that being said, having that type of thinking & awareness of others situations it is I who will go further in life than you.
just

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

who took Bowlings place AT RGH WHEN SHE LEFT? I THOUGHT MR.MCGRAW WAS CEO OF RGH. I THOUGHT BOWLING WAS JUST OVER NURSING.DID BOWLING move up to TAKE MCGRAWS PLACE? WHAT HAPPEN TO MR. MCGRAW? IS MCGRAWS WIFE STILL OVER RED CROSS. WHY WAS BOWLING SUPPOSEDLY ASKED TO QUIT. WHAT IS THE LOW DOWN ABOUT RGHs ADMINISTRATIVE NURSING PROBLEMS.ARE SOME BEING LOOKED AT FOR LAY-OFF OR REPOSITIONING.DO TELL.
Church Lady

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

My friends at the RGH did not like her...thats all I know.

I do pray for these people.
Woman Pray

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

I am a female minister. I wil pray for her...she is in a bad place at MSU.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••