Nurse anesthetists school costly

Nurse anesthetists school costly

There are 9 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Apr 5, 2009, titled Nurse anesthetists school costly. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

JONESBORO There is a huge demand for nurse anesthetist and the schools to train them are few and far between.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

a nurse

Cleveland, OH

#1 Apr 5, 2009
Fortunately for Region Eight, ASU has the only program in the state.

Unfortunate for those wanting to complete the training,but do not have the clout or money to get into the program.

I have a friend that has been a CNRA for years,and he went to school in Puerto Rico to obtain his degree because there were just not that many schools for CRNA at the time.ASU was just starting the BSN program.
If you can get in and make it,it's a stressful career,but,so is nursing,but,it's worth it.

Leesville, LA

#2 Apr 5, 2009
unfortunately, I think many nurses who go think about the $$$ and forget it requires long hours, lots of call (in general) to make that $$$. Also, ASU is over saturating this area and many people are having to move out of state or to rural areas of the state to find jobs.

“The Female Guest”

Since: Jan 09

Paragould, AR

#3 Apr 5, 2009
Did anyone fail to mention that ASU is way overpriced? They are the most expensive school in this area! I'm going back to schook, and there's no way I'll be attending ASU!
a nurse

Cleveland, OH

#4 Apr 5, 2009
guest wrote:
unfortunately, I think many nurses who go think about the $$$ and forget it requires long hours, lots of call (in general) to make that $$$. Also, ASU is over saturating this area and many people are having to move out of state or to rural areas of the state to find jobs.
I believe you're right about the $$ incentive.Anesthesia can be demanding and stressful work,and there is a lot of call involved.
whatever

Lake City, AR

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Registered Guest wrote:
Did anyone fail to mention that ASU is way overpriced? They are the most expensive school in this area! I'm going back to schook, and there's no way I'll be attending ASU!
I totally agree with you. I attended 2 semesters at ASU and couldnt cover everything even with student loans and did not receive anything even close to an education. I left ASU to go to Lyon's in Batesville. When my daughter graduates this year I will be sending her to Lyon's College. It may be almost as expensive as ASU but at least it gives a quality education.

“The Female Guest”

Paragould, AR

#6 Apr 6, 2009
whatever wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree with you. I attended 2 semesters at ASU and couldnt cover everything even with student loans and did not receive anything even close to an education. I left ASU to go to Lyon's in Batesville. When my daughter graduates this year I will be sending her to Lyon's College. It may be almost as expensive as ASU but at least it gives a quality education.
I heard that was a really good college. Do they offer online coarses? I only went to ASU for a semester. They collect your money, and don't give you any kind of an education. I had a chemistry professor that would rarely show up for class. If we had class just once a week, it was a good week. Of coarse ASU refused to do anything about it or refund our money. We all just dropped out of the class.
whatever

Lake City, AR

#7 Apr 6, 2009
university of arkansas college batesville offers online courses. My daughter is trying to get a jump start and has already taken a few of her core classes through there online. Very good pricing for online and since it is an established college in Arkansas you wont have any trouble transferring your credits.

“The Female Guest”

Paragould, AR

#8 Apr 6, 2009
whatever wrote:
university of arkansas college batesville offers online courses. My daughter is trying to get a jump start and has already taken a few of her core classes through there online. Very good pricing for online and since it is an established college in Arkansas you wont have any trouble transferring your credits.
Yes I've looked into their classes as well. I'm wanting to get some pre reqs in for RN school. Thanks!

“singledad”

Since: Mar 09

arkansas

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Most hospitols will pay your student loans off if you get your cnra and sign a contract to work for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NY woman hits half-court shot, then gets marria... Fri Pope Ben Out To P... 1
News Whistle-blowing nurse wants action on Nunavut n... (Mar '15) Fri anonymous 149
I'm a Japanese nurse and want to work as a nuru... Thu Nova_MNSTR_19 2
Has anyone heard of or used a stank Buster pen? Feb 15 rosa3456 2
News Mexico gets Trump's trade ire. Japan and German... Feb 14 spocko 73
News Conn. nursing home to pay fine for false claims (Nov '08) Feb 13 a neighbor 3
News Inoculate vaccination commission from fake science Feb 6 Lies and Vaccines 1
More from around the web