Reports from Cuba: The Business of Ex...

Reports from Cuba: The Business of Exporting Cuban Doctors

There are 9 comments on the Babalu Blog story from Jun 25, 2013, titled Reports from Cuba: The Business of Exporting Cuban Doctors. In it, Babalu Blog reports that:

By 1998 Fernando had already spent a year and a half working for free in the civil war in Angola where, to get to a clinic in an isolated hamlet, he had to be accompanied by a landmine deactivation expert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Babalu Blog.

Don From Canada

Guelph, Canada

#1 Jun 26, 2013
What a collection of drivel, from the 'Embellishment Champion of the Caribbean', The Bubbling Bog'. Definitely a CIA-Sponsored organization, that specificaly disses Cuba, at every mistaken opportunity.
I hope you folks see through their charades!
El Profesor

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2013
Don From Canada wrote:
What a collection of drivel, from the 'Embellishment Champion of the Caribbean', The Bubbling Bog'. Definitely a CIA-Sponsored organization, that specificaly disses Cuba, at every mistaken opportunity.
I hope you folks see through their charades!
You may call them whatcever you want,but they are telling the truth.Castri trades human beigns for MONEY,for example he charge Venezuela more rhan $109,000a year fior EACH doctor,but he pays the doctos about $200 a month plus food and lodging..a freat deal for Castro.Castro also send these doctors without asking them,if Castro say you go,you go and last but not the least Castro forces some of these doctors to act as spies.
George,you may call Babalu what ever you may wish,but you know they are saying the truth.Why you try to justify Castro as you do,I?? I just can't understand why you do that .
Don From Canada

Guelph, Canada

#3 Jun 26, 2013
El Profesor wrote:
<quoted text>
You may call them whatcever you want,but they are telling the truth.Castri trades human beigns for MONEY,for example he charge Venezuela more rhan $109,000a year fior EACH doctor,but he pays the doctos about $200 a month plus food and lodging..a freat deal for Castro.Castro also send these doctors without asking them,if Castro say you go,you go and last but not the least Castro forces some of these doctors to act as spies.
George,you may call Babalu what ever you may wish,but you know they are saying the truth.Why you try to justify Castro as you do,I?? I just can't understand why you do that .
Truth, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. You see truth in their statements, whereas I do not. It's as simple as that.
A doctor (in Cuba, makes about 45 pesos a month and is supplied with decent lodging, etc. If he makes 200 pesos and has free lodging and food while he is on call elsewhere, that's nearly five times as much money, THAT HE CAN SAVE FOR THE DURATION OF HIS FOREIGN STAY - PER MONTH. When he returns to Cuba, he SHOULD BE suitibly financed, enough to enjoy his life on a much higher level than he could have attained normally. Is that so bad?
Is the glass half full, OR half empty, Multi-Names?
El Profesor

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2013
Don From Canada wrote:
<quoted text> Truth, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. You see truth in their statements, whereas I do not. It's as simple as that.
A doctor (in Cuba, makes about 45 pesos a month and is supplied with decent lodging, etc. If he makes 200 pesos and has free lodging and food while he is on call elsewhere, that's nearly five times as much money, THAT HE CAN SAVE FOR THE DURATION OF HIS FOREIGN STAY - PER MONTH. When he returns to Cuba, he SHOULD BE suitibly financed, enough to enjoy his life on a much higher level than he could have attained normally. Is that so bad?
Is the glass half full, OR half empty, Multi-Names?
Sorry George but you see it thru the eyes of the dictatorsuip which are empty.Its sad to see that you try to justify a $200 salary to someone(doctors) who are forced to travel abroad on a $200 salary and then you claim that they must be happy because they can save a few bucks a month....shameful George...you need a new set of glasses or a larger 'glass'
Its shameful to see you trying to justify s new way of slavery.
Don From Canada

Guelph, Canada

#5 Jun 27, 2013
El Profesor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry George but you see it thru the eyes of the dictatorsuip which are empty.Its sad to see that you try to justify a $200 salary to someone(doctors) who are forced to travel abroad on a $200 salary and then you claim that they must be happy because they can save a few bucks a month....shameful George...you need a new set of glasses or a larger 'glass'
If that's your opinion, you are entitled to it. Obviously I see the situation in Cuba in a different light.
Things in Cuba CAN ONLY IMPROVE - whereas in the USA, you are obviously headed in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION. You people are becoming more and more regulated by your government, to the point that, if any citizen has an opinion that differs from the government's position, THEY ARE IMMEDIATELY LABELED,'A TERRORIST", and indefinite incarceration, WITHOUT TRIAL, ENSUES. Look at the large movement by the masses, to have the 'Patriot Act', modified just to correct the citizen-control portions.
The only constant in the world is change, Multi-Names, and your nation is following this adage - FOR THE WORSE, in my opinion.
Don From Canada

Guelph, Canada

#6 Jun 27, 2013
El Profesor wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you call approx. 5 times YOUR salary,'a few bucks', Multi-Names, let alone free lodging and food? Come on now, get serious boy. A 200 peso wage, is approximately 4800 CUP per month. You think this 'few bucks', wouldn't make a tremendous difference in their life style? I certainly do!
Remember, I'm just quoting your supplied figures here!
Gordon Robinson

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Jun 27, 2013
Don From Canada wrote:
<quoted text> Would you call approx. 5 times YOUR salary,'a few bucks', Multi-Names, let alone free lodging and food? Come on now, get serious boy. A 200 peso wage, is approximately 4800 CUP per month. You think this 'few bucks', wouldn't make a tremendous difference in their life style? I certainly do!
Remember, I'm just quoting your supplied figures here!
You are using what is called demagogy.
How can you dare to say that is quite normal that a dictatorship FORCE its citizens to go to any country IT wish , even against THEIR will,but for YOU that is OK because they will pay you $200 a month.
The way you are trying to put it , looks like they even must show their gratefulness to the dictatoship.You are just making a fool of yourself and people are noticing it.See George why some people call you a Castro Azs sniffer?
Don From Canada

Guelph, Canada

#8 Jun 27, 2013
Gordon Robinson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using what is called demagogy.
How can you dare to say that is quite normal that a dictatorship FORCE its citizens to go to any country IT wish , even against THEIR will,but for YOU that is OK because they will pay you $200 a month.
The way you are trying to put it , looks like they even must show their gratefulness to the dictatoship.You are just making a fool of yourself and people are noticing it.See George why some people call you a Castro Azs sniffer?
Multi-Names, Please use your real name, and also, pick ONE country that you are from instead of the various names and locations that you constantly use.
Your responses hold no credibility whatsoever with me, because of this childishness. Get a life!
Gordon Robinson

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Don From Canada wrote:
<quoted text> Multi-Names, Please use your real name, and also, pick ONE country that you are from instead of the various names and locations that you constantly use.
Your responses hold no credibility whatsoever with me, because of this childishness. Get a life!
My country won't make any difference about you being a Castros azsniffer GeorgeAKA patus maximus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dentists might be able to screen for diabetes 16 hr Raylin Sutter 5
Stress in Onocolgy Nursing Wed mrsfalatic09 1
News The hidden disease: Why aren't more doctors tre... Aug 25 HumanSpirit 5
News Database helps Indiana nurses keep track of vac... Aug 23 Elise Likes Vanilla 7
News Scott Walker: Digging His Political Grave Even ... Aug 22 USA Today 1
News Can Health Care Be Cured Of Racial Bias? Aug 21 Spotted Girl 3
News Jamaicans being trained for nursing jobs in Canada (Nov '09) Aug 21 dianne ameir 32
More from around the web