working on holidays?

Posted in the Nursing Forum

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Sep 9, 2013
what are your views about working on holidays??
serious

Batesville, IN

#2 Sep 11, 2013
Just part of the job. People aren't sick just Mon-Fri 9-5.

Location hidden

#3 Oct 16, 2013
I know that this suggestion seems like a no-brainer, but so many nurses today clock in as if ‘start of shift’ is really the start of their shift. Being early makes you feel less stressed, since you’re not trying to beat the clock. You’ll also have time to do the preparation necessary to start your shift. For example, if you are required to gown-up or be scrubbed, 15 extra minutes gives you time to complete these tasks and to take report at shift-change. This will help prevent resentment from the team you are relieving. Put yourself in their shoes, how do you feel when the person relieving you comes on late?

Location hidden

#4 Oct 29, 2013
If you have a good attitude about working on a holiday and you don’t complain, this could go a long way toward having your boss see you as an employee who is a team player, Teach says.

Location hidden

#5 Oct 30, 2013
Here nurses and aides give there number 1 and number 2 choices of what they want off of Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Scots nurses who risked their lives on the ... 59 min Aubrey 50
Dentists might be able to screen for diabetes 3 hr Tom Cockerell Jr DDS 1
Tentative agreement reached at eight Twin Citie... 23 hr Choice of Care Gone 1
Car-service app Uber promotes free delivery of ... Wed Derrick Sly 2
Hospices allow passing on with dignity and grace Wed ndlicht 1
Fitness buffs seeking breast milk for extra car... Wed GymRatJuice 1
Courses to relieve stress and help people live ... Mar 3 Ivankobig 1
More from around the web