PIH announces intent to buy Downey ho...

PIH announces intent to buy Downey hospital

There are 4 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Apr 1, 2010, titled PIH announces intent to buy Downey hospital. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital announced its intent Thursday to acquire Downey Regional Medical Center, in a possible multi-million dollar deal that would bring the Downey hospital out of bankruptcy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

UFO

AOL

#2 Apr 1, 2010
Reputation of people losing there life, other than what they came in for! How many people have lost there life because of something else, when they have to come to a hospital for care, and die from infectious disease from unsanitary conditions! Has any one investigated the profits hospitals make, and of people who are no longer with us, and how much money is made from deaths, from this hospital, who wants to buy Downey hospital, or for that matter, all local hospitals. I don't mean the tag, that was given to killer king hospital! Its called investigative reporting!
cactusgal

AOL

#3 Apr 2, 2010
What is going to happen to all the CAREMORE Doctors
Your time is coming

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Apr 2, 2010
Its hard to compete with Kaisers brand new state of the art facility (Imperial/Clark). Then again, Kaiser is a for-profit organization.
Jim

Anaheim, CA

#5 Apr 3, 2010
This deal better go through. Because Daughters of Charity declined of buying Downey Hospital. If PIH doesn't buy this hospital - the hospital will be in such bad shape because then you're down to almost three buyers. It may seem hopeful for Downey and PIH, but in the end, it's PIH who deems their decision - yes or no. We can hope for the best. The nurses at Downey Hospital have jumped to other hospitals to work at. That's what I hear.
Other people are worried about this hospital closing. The insured people are worried since they may have to travel to PIH to seek medical treatment. And for the uninsured people, not naming the illegal immigrants, but also there are people who decide not to work and collect welfare and food stamps (SSI/General Relief Funds). They come in to seek medical treatment, and tell the nursing people - it's a good hospital - but once payment needs to render, they'll say "I don't have any money" so they leave without paying.
This isn't fair for the people who put in numerous and numerous of dollars in to keep this hospital afloat. It doesn't mean PIH is going to bailout Downey Hospital. It's just an intent to buy the hospital. An interest. Remember what happened to Daughter's of Charity? They said "no" since it's bad timing in this economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) 13 hr OINK MOMBACH 246
News NMSU nursing program continues to strengthen (Feb '10) Sun JasonRuthermore 20
News Whistle-blowing nurse wants action on Nunavut n... (Mar '15) Aug 27 anonymous 79
News Cuddle cots give parents more time with their s... Aug 26 really? 1
News Russian man convicted of hacking into US busine... Aug 26 Mizike67 5
News Best Buy posts higher profit, better online and... Aug 23 Suezanne 1
News Man Wants Hospital to Remove Surgical Clip (Jan '08) Aug 18 Sweeney22 268
More from around the web