St. Joseph Hospital places ICU nurses on leave

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

Four St. Joseph Hospital intensive care unit nurses and a clinical nursing supervisor have recently been placed on administrative leave, but hospital administrators are remaining tight-lipped about the reason.
Comments
141 - 149 of 149 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
ICU NURSE REDDING

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Read: North Coast Journal: Nights in the ICU, 8/6/09 One of the nurses that got fired,Wesley Thornton tells what went on, nights in the ICU.
I hope legal action will be taken.........like
lose their RN license. This is serious.
I will concede your point

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Peoplespeak wrote:
Blobs are not sources of News, if by News one means reporting ofsubstantiated facts. BS and unsigned sexually opportunistic fiction is the normal and overwhelming content of the free blog, especially on the T-S threads.
OK. You make an interesting, if unsubstantiated, case against "blobs." But did you follow the link to the article in the Journal? Did you read the article in the Times-Standard? Perhaps you will find those sources of information more to your liking. And they came to you courtesy of a "blob" [sic].
Know the truth

Windsor, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Eureka Resident wrote:
so 4 nurses from the icu unit and 1 dr as well have all been fired in other words and none of us out siders need to no what happened , as ive lived in H.C. all my life and st joe's hospital has really seriously gone way down hill, the nurses are snotty, 99.9 % of them they take there good old sweet time helping the patients with anything , when the patients are realsed from the hospital, they are sent home with noooooooooooooooo, instructions to follow.so just how many people lost there lives in the icu unit hear recently, its very wrong of the freaken staff to keep this serious matter a big hush,hush, deal, so what next??????????
Dr. Sellinger, was not fired, there was a change in ICU medical directors, something that happens on a regular basis as these doctors have regular practices to run as well. This was just an unfortunate coincidence.
HUMBOLDT ICU NURSE

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

ICU NURSE REDDING wrote:
Read: North Coast Journal: Nights in the ICU, 8/6/09 One of the nurses that got fired,Wesley Thornton tells what went on, nights in the ICU.
I hope legal action will be taken.........like
lose their RN license. This is serious.
I ask, "why did it go on for so long?
St. Joe's has House Supervisors on each shift.
Why did the night HS allow this? He/She should have been fired too!!
Former ICU patient

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

HUMBOLDT ICU NURSE wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask, "why did it go on for so long?
St. Joe's has House Supervisors on each shift.
Why did the night HS allow this? He/She should have been fired too!!
How long DID the situation go on like that? I was there, and some of my friends and relatives were there in recent years. Something happened about two years ago that haunts me. Were those night-time parties going that far back?
HUMBOLDT ICU NURSE

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

Former ICU patient wrote:
<quoted text>How long DID the situation go on like that? I was there, and some of my friends and relatives were there in recent years. Something happened about two years ago that haunts me. Were those night-time parties going that far back?
Yes, as far as I know it was going on then. If something happened that haunts you, why was it not reported?? It's not to late....report it!
Pamela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

My husband died at the hands of St. Joseph Hospital on 7-9-09. They took a healthy man, promised him a better life, made him sick, tortured him, and then they killed him. He contracted a staph infection in the first 72 hours of his successful valve replacement surgery (probably in ICU), and the staph then destroyed his heart. Still, they listed his "cause of death," as "heart failure." He witnessed & complained about many breaches of sanitary & healthy behavior by staff during his stay. It was pretty obvious this hospital had no controls on hospital-acquired infections. How many more must die?
past patient

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

having been in st joe's icu I can tell you there were a lot of games being played in there.
jojo

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Redneck wrote:
Well..........thank goodness someone is on top of the matter and is doing something about it.
There is a doctor in Fortuna that is a doper but that hospital has done nothing about it!
St. Joseph's is the best hospital in the County .
Thank you St. Joseph's for doing what is right by your patients.
I have been writing congressmen that all Doctors, Nurses.......anyone who is in the medical field and especially care givers in rest homes should have drug tests but am ignored.
Thank you again, St. Joseph's.
if you gave the nurses and ca's half of them would fell it..try working there when your always threatened of you job..the mamager that was released? he was FIRED......the managers want you to think their Gods...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dalla... 1 hr Shemac 7
Why Black Women Are Statistically Less Likely T... 23 hr yep 1
SUMMERSVILLE - The 11th annual Pinning Ceremony... Tue just me 1
Prague nursing school issues hijab ban (Nov '13) Aug 23 Muk 4
United Hospital Center and St. Joseph's reach a... Aug 21 magic school bus 2
Physiotherapists are not doctors: MCI (Apr '08) Aug 21 shrey 1,850
Majority of Canadians over 45 anxious about fut... Aug 19 you voted for them 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••