Clearfield Hospital Highlights Quality, Safety Efforts

Feb 18, 2013 Full story: GantDaily.com 16

Members of Clearfield Hospital's Quality and Patient Safety Committee review the report, Pennsylvania Hospital Quality: Achieving More Together, which provides an overview of the quality and patient safety initiatives being undertaken in hospitals across the commonwealth, including Clearfield Hospital.

Full Story
Layman

Clearfield, PA

#1 Feb 19, 2013
What a laugh
Reality check

Mars, PA

#5 Feb 19, 2013
That hospital sucks. Always have, always will because people running it know nothing about healthcare. It's your typical good ole boy popularity contest. They don't know shit, and are borderline murderers.
Nevermore

Clearfield, PA

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Reality check wrote:
That hospital sucks. Always have, always will because people running it know nothing about healthcare. It's your typical good ole boy popularity contest. They don't know shit, and are borderline murderers.
So you're saying Penn Highlands Healthcare is a popularity contest?
Layman

Clearfield, PA

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Dumb Hicks seems to be out numbered
Ha Ha

Tampa, FL

#11 Feb 20, 2013
Dumb Hicks, sounds like one!

"My relative works at Clearfield Hospital, therefore, it is the best place" yeahhh! Keep on feeding yourself that moldy BS...

If a nurse/doctor actually knew what they hell they were doing enough to NOT almost kill you before surgery, then Clearfield Hospital would not be so bad....I had this experience there.

I was going in to have my gallbladder removed. First, the surgery prep was a misery. They could not find my veins. The nurse must've been blind, because I am a muscular guy and my veins stick out. She was poking around like she was trying to find something in her purse. I flipped out, grabbed the needle, put MY OWN IV IN....she was shocked. What? Someone who has never been to college can put their own IV in better than me?

She should've quit at that moment, but she is still there. Several of my family members have had this experience with the same nurse. I will go elsewhere for my medical care. Clearfield has killed enough of my relatives that they would probably rise from the grave and kick my ass if I put the faith in Clearfield like "Dumb Hicks" does....I'm going to DRMC.
just me

Clearfield, PA

#12 Feb 20, 2013
I was sent home from Clearfield E.r with the "flu" and an ovarian cyst. I actually had multiple gallstones and needed surgery asap. Needless to say I went to Dubois for my surgery. Clearfield said my bloodwork showed no signs of infection..but when I followed up with my doctor he said my white blood cell count was elevated. Thank god I followed up with my doc after that E.r visit. Clearfield is a joke.
Reality

Clearfield, PA

#13 Feb 20, 2013
When Clearfield hospital closes, most of you posters will be the first ones on here crying about it. Soon this will be a ghost town with nothing. It's well on its way.
just me

Clearfield, PA

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Were not looking for Clearfield hospital to close.We want better treatment and not just a stupid guess on what's wrong with us. The nurse had actually asked me if I still had my gallbladder and I said yes. I had all the signs. Pain on my right side and in the pit of my stomach, nausea, diarrhea..yet nobody checked my gallbladder. Obviously the nurse knew it could be the culprit. Gallstones can cause a lot of health issues. That's why I'm upset with that hospital. They need to stop chalking everything up to being the flu. What if my gallbladder had burst or caused appendicitis or colon problems. That's my point.
Reality

Clearfield, PA

#15 Feb 20, 2013
just me wrote:
Were not looking for Clearfield hospital to close.We want better treatment and not just a stupid guess on what's wrong with us. The nurse had actually asked me if I still had my gallbladder and I said yes. I had all the signs. Pain on my right side and in the pit of my stomach, nausea, diarrhea..yet nobody checked my gallbladder. Obviously the nurse knew it could be the culprit. Gallstones can cause a lot of health issues. That's why I'm upset with that hospital. They need to stop chalking everything up to being the flu. What if my gallbladder had burst or caused appendicitis or colon problems. That's my point.
That's what the article is explaining that they are doing,working to provide better treatment. As usual, the locals are going to keep crying about things on Topix instead of addressing them directly to the hospital. Someone suggest going to DRMC. It's DRMC (Penn Highlands) who is making the changes at the Clearfield Hospital, they are working to make the care the same as in Dubois, but if everyone keeps going to DuBois or State College, they will eventually shut it down. Then people will really have something to cry about.

“Deadly Doctors ”

Since: Feb 13

USA

#16 Feb 23, 2013
Reality wrote:
When Clearfield hospital closes, most of you posters will be the first ones on here crying about it. Soon this will be a ghost town with nothing. It's well on its way.
No....we will still go to DRMC or Mt Nittany first. At least you have a better chance of coming out alive.

“Deadly Doctors ”

Since: Feb 13

USA

#17 Feb 23, 2013
deadly docs wrote:
<quoted text>
No....we will still go to DRMC or Mt Nittany first. At least you have a better chance of coming out alive.
Mark Shaw missed the gallbladder signs on a friend and he died one week later. Gave him pain pills and sent him on his way. No ultrasound, no blood work, no urine test. Just here's some narcotics and bye bye. The gallbladder was gangrene and he died thanks to MARK SHAW and why is that hack still in Clearfield. Because no one else will hire that deadly doc! Glad to see someone made it out alive.
Unknown

Smock, PA

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Layman wrote:
What a laugh
You said it
fun fact

State College, PA

#19 Jun 23, 2013
FYI: Dr. Mark Shaw now works at mount nittany medical center.
hardworking citizen

Altoona, PA

#20 Jun 24, 2013
If Dr. Jones isn't working the ER go elsewhere! This man has saved many lives and this is by word of mouth and experience. He is really a great doctor. As for relaying bad experiences to the hospital so it can be addressed, that is just too funny! I have done that several times with issues about my parents care and never once received a phone call or letter. When I called to see if the information was passed on they knew nothing about it. How can a person be given the same reason twice in different years that the letter or phone calls were never received??
Funnier fact

Alexandria, PA

#22 Jun 25, 2013
Mark shaw does not work as a ER doctor at mount nittany. He runs their wound clinic. A far cry from working as an ER doctor.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#23 Jun 25, 2013
this is one scary doctor..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's more contagious than Ebola? Anxiety 4 hr obama the clown 1
The Auxiliary of NorthShore University HealthSy... 16 hr Amy S 1
New Cherokee Village ER offers "life-changing" ... 16 hr Romper45 8
Cotswold Care Hospice is calling for more suppo... 22 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
Gamma Globulin as Prophylaxis for Ebola Health ... Tue CV Compton Shaw 1
Albuquerque VA Hospital Cutting Beds Tue oh oh 1
Ebola: Keeping patients alive as body fights back Tue BlackJewsandNazer... 1

Nursing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE