Immigration Reform Needed to Alleviate Doctor Shortages

Dec 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: JD Supra

As a spate of recent media reports have noted, patients in the U.S. are waiting longer and longer to get medical care as newer patients gain insurance under state and federal health care reforms.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#1 Dec 19, 2012
One of the reasons we are short of doctors is the cost of the education. While people are pushing to subsidize illegal aliens who want a college education the average doctor spends close to $250,000.00 before they see any R.O.I. for their education in the U.S. That is a lot more than what people in other countries spend to become a doctor even if they finish their education in the U.S. Rather than subsidizing illegal aliens who want a degree in Hispanic studies and/or political science we should be helping the best and brightest Americans to become educated in fields where there are shortages such as doctors, engineers etc.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 20, 2012
$500 reward

Police in Cottonwood are seeking DOMINGO VALDEZ-ANGUIANO on charges related to first-degree murder and auto theft. The murder occurred on June 28, 2004 in Cottonwood.

His last known address was in Cottonwood; however, police say that he is now back in Mexico. He is a 49-year-old Hispanic man, 5-foot-10 and weighs about 190 pounds. He does handyman work and landscaping for a living.

Police say that Valdez was last seen driving a 1994 black Ford Ranger and that he has ties in California and Mexico. The warrant was issued 11/8/04.

D.O.B. 11-1-63.

If you have information that leads to the arrest of #18 of "CATCH 22" you could earn a $500.00 cash reward. To earn the reward you must call Yavapai Silent Witness at

1-800-932-3232 with your information within 90 days of this notice.

Remember, you never have to give your name.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Logic

United States

#4 Dec 21, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
One of the reasons we are short of doctors is the cost of the education. While people are pushing to subsidize illegal aliens who want a college education the average doctor spends close to $250,000.00 before they see any R.O.I. for their education in the U.S. That is a lot more than what people in other countries spend to become a doctor even if they finish their education in the U.S. Rather than subsidizing illegal aliens who want a degree in Hispanic studies and/or political science we should be helping the best and brightest Americans to become educated in fields where there are shortages such as doctors, engineers etc.
Yeah cus there aren't any Hispanics that want to become doctors and engineers..idiot
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah cus there aren't any Hispanics that want to become doctors and engineers..idiot
I never said that. You seem to have a comprehension problem. There are plenty of American Hispanics that want to become doctors I am sure. As well as black, white and every other race/cultural background. What I said was rather than subsidizing the educations of illegal aliens we should put the resources towards educating Americans so they can study to become doctors, engineers and fill other jobs that have shortages of skilled people.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#6 Dec 21, 2012
Some of the best doctors in the world are Latino.
ima

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 21, 2012
Juan wrote:
name them, I will make sure I ask if they're legally before I use their services.
ima

El Paso, TX

#8 Dec 21, 2012
legally here
nope to the dope

Dallas, TX

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Juan wrote:
and some of the worst wire humpers and floor sweepers are illegal aliens especially ones from pearland known as juan.
Logic

Rockaway, NJ

#10 Dec 21, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> name them, I will make sure I ask if they're legally before I use their services.
He said in the world..why would they have to be in the US?
ima

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
He said in the world..why would they have to be in the US?
only because the latinos a a huge majority in every state of our US and the US is within this world.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#12 Dec 22, 2012
nope to the dope wrote:
<quoted text>
and some of the worst wire humpers and floor sweepers are illegal aliens especially ones from pearland known as juan.
My boss knows I'm one of his best electricians, that's who I need to please. We have plenty of work available.
Horse Krap

Omaha, NE

#13 Dec 25, 2012
I was recently in the hospital. I saw more foreign med students than not. Clearly we don't need more!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#14 Dec 25, 2012
Horse Krap wrote:
I was recently in the hospital. I saw more foreign med students than not. Clearly we don't need more!
Your future doctors, lawyers, teachers, scientist will be immigrants.
U. S. kids are very lazy and want to play video games all day.

Horse Krap - were you able to get rid of the STD.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#15 Dec 25, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do wtih giving moocher baby bearers from Mexihell our Resourses either, eh Rico? Coward under any moniker.

Nothing to do with fighting your crimes? Raising your unwanted spawn, etc? Yeah, thanks for letting us clean up after your pagan asses.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 25, 2012
Juan wrote:
Then why aren't you there now, getting your mental evaluation?

Eh, Chicken?

Say, how's the ho and the unwanted new Juana? Abandoned them for thier share of the freebies yet? How many spawn have you graced us with, Gang banging arsonist Juan? Is baby gonna follow in you and momma breeders path? Including the one to citizenship?
Si. Rico, such a fine example of why the borders should of been closed long before anchor babies could rob us completely.
You must be so puffed up with pride....makes me giddy all over.
Joe Juan Carols

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 25, 2012
Juan wrote:
I only goto Latino doctors. They are much more better. I usually goto the USA for free medical service. Those gringos are so nice to give me free doctors.
Joe Juan Carols

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Dec 25, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, Chicken?
Say, how's the ho and the unwanted new Juana? Abandoned them for thier share of the freebies yet? How many spawn have you graced us with, Gang banging arsonist Juan? Is baby gonna follow in you and momma breeders path? Including the one to citizenship?
Si. Rico, such a fine example of why the borders should of been closed long before anchor babies could rob us completely.
I think your medicine witch doctor is not helping you you. See a Latino doctor instead. They will fix you up.
Joe Juan Carols

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Dec 25, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
My child is studying to be a doctor compliments of the USA taxpayer. She is getting free tuition at a local university plus a Latino only grant.

Latinos are the future of the USA.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#20 Dec 25, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, Chicken?
No more fire water for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kentucky suspends Harlan doctor over staff pres... 19 hr guest 3
The Lancet journals: Three-quarters of depresse... Aug 29 MMR CAUSES AUTISM 2
underwear question Aug 29 Kim - medical off... 1
Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dalla... Aug 28 Liberal forever 9
Why Black Women Are Statistically Less Likely T... Aug 26 yep 1
SUMMERSVILLE - The 11th annual Pinning Ceremony... Aug 26 just me 1
Prague nursing school issues hijab ban (Nov '13) Aug 23 Muk 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••